est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Liverpool v Real CL 1/4 final second leg (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=91282)

Kenneth 14-04-21 10:24 PM

The salah chance was good, true. Got to think Jota would have hit it first time and buried it. Bobby hit one at the keeper and skied one from distance, all too familiar these days. I think we’re going to have to plan our attacking play around someone else next season unfortunately.

fabinho 14-04-21 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S-RED (Post 3707235)
i don't care if they do TBF; like all their recent achievements it will be tarnished. Both them & PSG will never get the credit ( along with Chelsea) simply because it has come from dirty money & football people do not forget that ever

Their fans wont care though.

S-RED 14-04-21 10:28 PM

Yeah that Mo is no Divock when it comes to finishing

S-RED 14-04-21 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabinho (Post 3707238)
Their fans wont care though.

the new ones (aka post roman chavs newbies) won't, but the old guard hate them. was at the man city/BHA semi final at Wembley a couple of years ago & talking to them they fucking hate the new guard of plastic flag wavers

Jaco_Pastorious 14-04-21 11:15 PM

Went down swinging. Cannot complain about how the players played, or the attitude and intensity they showed.

On another day five of those chances would have gone in and we would be talking about a big victory.

If we can play with that sort of intensity and urgency for the remaining league games then we have a chance of catching any team that slips up.

Assassin 15-04-21 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious (Post 3707265)
Went down swinging. Cannot complain about how the players played, or the attitude and intensity they showed.

On another day five of those chances would have gone in and we would be talking about a big victory.

If we can play with that sort of intensity and urgency for the remaining league games then we have a chance of catching any team that slips up.

We were not good enough. Every game those type of chances should go in. No ifís or butís

fabinho 15-04-21 06:49 AM

Lots of coverage in the media about our "fans" attacking the Madrid bus. Not great.

danperkins 15-04-21 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious (Post 3707265)

Personally I thought we we out with a whimper. First half was good and should have been ahead but just like this season, end product is poor. The second was pathetic and Madrid we happy to sit deep and defend. Was disappointing to be honest I never expected us to go through after that first leg, we're just not the same side.

Anyways, see what happens in the league but it's going to be a battle.

rudedog 15-04-21 08:23 AM

Madrid weren't great last night and were there for the taking, we just didn't take our chances.

I think if we'd have had fans in the stadium we would have done the job last night

Myo 15-04-21 08:31 AM

Over 2 legs, overall, Madrid deserved it, though if we hadn't squandered a few of our chances we might have had a chance..kudos to RM

Exiled_red 15-04-21 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudedog (Post 3707277)
Madrid weren't great last night and were there for the taking, we just didn't take our chances.

I think if we'd have had fans in the stadium we would have done the job last night

:handshake: I think if we had got a goal Madrid would have been rocking, as long as they kept that 2 goal advantage they were fine, if we'd got one back I don't think they are playing the rest of the game as composed as they did.

The early Salah chance and the Wijnaldum one were huge, you have to be scoring both of those :sigh: People say that at this level you have to take your chances, we didn't and that's why we are out. Arguably we played better last night than Madrid did in the first leg, difference is they stuck the ball in the net and we didn't.

shanks69 15-04-21 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fabinho (Post 3707272)
Lots of coverage in the media about our "fans" attacking the Madrid bus. Not great.

Even if we had got through,sadly this is alls they would be talking about i really hate some of our so called fans at times.why can't they just listen to the club that they claim to support and then to do it the day befire the 15th [emoji2959][emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Shaggy 15-04-21 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3706889)
Who is H. Davies?

He's a young keeper - I know his Aunty Beth! :haha:

Pablo 15-04-21 09:24 AM

What a grim selection of clubs in the semis. Highlights everything that's wrong with the modern game $$$$$$$

Shaggy 15-04-21 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3707289)
What a grim selection of clubs in the semis. Highlights everything that's wrong with the modern game $$$$$$$

Who do we want to win it? Anyone but City or Chelsea imo. Hate Real and no fan of PSG but either of them, all day long. Grim as fuck.

Rich 15-04-21 09:29 AM

PSG for me. I like Mbappe.

The other 3 clubs are rancid.

npinn001 15-04-21 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 3707293)

I agree, PSG for me too.

Reflecting on last night I think that we played better than I expected and should have really done enough to see them off. Team selection with Milner in was spot on and set the tempo. But Milner is 35 and cant maintain that all game. You could see that after our blunt forwards missed chances, the team just ran out of ideas. That said, I still think that we could have been heading for a loss to City had we got to the final so in a way, I am glad we wont have to endure that. Now focus on the league and try to get 4th.

Also, Real are so good at pinging the ball about though, there were times where they had acres of space and kept possession. That was the glaring contrast for me - the team of last season would have hunted them like dogs and they would not have had time on the ball.

labourRed 15-04-21 10:42 AM

Quote:

:handshake:

PSG are no angels with their dirty sportwashing coin but them for me as well.

Pablo 15-04-21 10:46 AM

It's easy to say, but I'm going to say it anyway :D, we would have gone through last night if there'd been fans there.

And yeah PSG I guess, purely because of Mbappe.

Pepe79 15-04-21 10:49 AM

PSG are a French Man City. I hope both of them continue to fail to get the one title they want the most, for as long as possible.

As much as I hate the disproportionate amounts of times they’ve won it already, Madrid are the least worst option for me.

Roboklopp 15-04-21 11:00 AM

I veer between PSG & Real. Oil or royal, all cunts.

At least PSG winning it would piss off Citeh.

npinn001 15-04-21 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboklopp (Post 3707307)
I veer between PSG & Real. Oil or royal, all cunts.

At least PSG winning it would piss off Citeh.

And mean City dont reach the final again.

Pablo 15-04-21 11:33 AM

Buzzo 15-04-21 11:37 AM

Quote:

Neymar though........ but itís a tough choice.

PSG> gap > Real > big gap > Chelsea > never ending chasm

Buzzo 15-04-21 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3707313)

:haha:

Jaco_Pastorious 15-04-21 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3707313)

:haha:

Yeah they sort of are.

At least they are proper footy royalty compared to the other three, and think I would prefer the team that knocked us out to win it rather than any of the other options.

Having said that I would not mind seeing a Real vs PSG final as Real would have the likes of Varane back in the team by then

Exiled_red 15-04-21 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3707315)

Neymar though........ but it’s a tough choice.

PSG> gap > Real > big gap > Chelsea > never ending chasm

danperkins 15-04-21 04:13 PM

All 4 of the clubs left are absolute wankers. I have zero interest in the champs league now & as I said months ago I think City will win it.

Shaggy 15-04-21 05:21 PM

City are gonna win the quadruple aren't they.

Jaco_Pastorious 15-04-21 05:25 PM

No. :)

danperkins 15-04-21 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3707369)

I think they will, at least the treble imo.

Liverpool 15-04-21 05:27 PM

Quote:

What a hollow season to do it though, empty stadiums and no parade. It was going to happen at some point. I hope its as shit as possible.

Hopefully Poch has other plans. :rock:

Kenneth 15-04-21 05:31 PM

Quote:

Theyíll win everything domestically, but stumble in the CL I believe.

rudedog 15-04-21 06:12 PM

Quote:

:haha: Feck right off with that nonsense - they got beat by 10 man Leeds :D

Venton 15-04-21 06:18 PM

Domestic triple I reckon. The only thing against them is what happened to us last season - they get it sown up so early they take their foot off the gas and and start slicking their hair back.

rudedog 15-04-21 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venton (Post 3707381)
Domestic triple I reckon. The only thing against them is what happened to us last season - they get it sown up so early they take their foot off the gas and and start slicking their hair back.

Pep might find that trickier than most :haha:

Venton 15-04-21 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudedog (Post 3707382)
Pep might find that trickier than most :haha:

Who's talking about head hair? :D

Exiled_red 15-04-21 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liverpool (Post 3707373)
What a hollow season to do it though, empty stadiums and no parade. It was going to happen at some point. I hope its as shit as possible.

Hopefully Poch has other plans. :rock:

Hallow season would seem quite appropriate, and some might say not having the fans there doesn't isn't a change for them anyway :crackoff:

HamboCairns 16-04-21 05:28 AM

I'd prefer Real to win, would can then say we lost to the eventual winners (again)..

The rest are oily chunts.

rudedog 18-04-21 01:52 AM

Quote:

:D