est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chelsea (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=79639)

Lecter 24-01-12 11:24 AM

Chelsea
 
'Jose Mourinho to quit as Real Madrid manager in June'

Jose Mourinho heads into El Clasico with Barcelona facing mounting criticism from both Real Madrid’s supporters and players, and amid claims his spell as Real Madrid manager will not last beyond the summer.



Mourinho’s team are five points clear of Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league, but his position has been undermined by publication of a training-ground argument between the manager and two of his senior players, defender Sergio Ramos and goalkeeper Iker Casillas.


The exchange was carried in full by Madrid-based newspaper Marca, which usually serves a cheerleader for the club. Mourinho has not questioned the accuracy of the report, which portrayed him as tetchy and even paranoid.


Towards the end of Sunday’s 4-1 win over Athletic Bilbao, some Madrid fans chanted Mourinho’s name, as if to indicate their continued support for him despite the report. However, a larger section of the Bernabéu crowd responded by whistling, sending a clear signal that they are unhappy with the former Chelsea manager.


After the game, a leading Spanish journalist, Siro López of AS, told television viewers Mourinho had decided to leave Madrid at the end of the season. López said his source was one of Mourinho’s closest allies.


The training-ground exchange occurred after Madrid’s 2-1 defeat at home by Barcelona in the Spanish Cup, after which Mourinho was widely criticised for his side’s negative tactics. They go to the Nou Camp needing to win the second leg.


Mourinho claimed Ramos had given a disloyal interview to journalists immediately after the first leg. “You [guys] killed me [with your quotes] in the mixed zone,” Mourinho is reported to have said.

According to Marca, Mourinho then claimed that the media gives Spanish internationals such as Ramos and Casillas preferential treatment, while Mourinho has to defend his team from the sternest criticism.

“As you Spanish are world champions, your friends in the press protect you ... like the goalkeeper,” he said. Casillas overheard and shouted: “Boss, here we say things to our faces.”

Mourinho then became embroiled in an exchange with Ramos over the failure to mark Carlos Puyol for one of Barcelona’s goals.

Ramos had the final word with a devastating reference to Mourinho’s modest playing career.

“Depending on the match situation, sometimes it’s necessary to change the marking,” he said. “And as you have never been a [professional] player, you wouldn’t know that this is sometimes necessary.”

Ramos, though, denied that the exchange revealed divisions within the squad. “Whoever says the changing room is divided or that some kind of fracture exists is lying,” he tweeted yesterday. “This is a great group that is well united, regardless what is said.”

Mourinho has also been criticised for the behaviour of Portuguese defender Pepe, who provoked outrage in Spain by feigning injury during the game against Barcelona before appearing to stamp on Lionel Messi's hand without sanction. The Spanish ruling body said yesterday that it will take no action against Pepe after studying the incident. The player insisted it was accidental.

Publicly, Mourinho insisted that he would win over the fans who barracked him.

“I’m not bothered by the whistles at me,’ he said after the win over Bilbao. “It’s not a problem.

“It’s the first time it’s ever happened to me. There’s a first time for practically everything.

“[Zinedine] Zidane was whistled at here. Ronaldo has been *whistled at here. Cristiano [Ronaldo], who is the latest Golden Boot winner, has also been whistled at. Why can’t I?

“Zidane responded with his football, the same as Ronaldo and Cristiano.

“I work hard to be able to respond like they did some day, but there may come a day when the fans are sad.”

What was said in the Bernebeiu dressing room

JOSE MOURINHO: You [plural] killed me in the mixed zone.

SERGIO RAMOS: No, mister, you only read what it says in the papers, not everything we said.

JM: Sure, because you Spaniards have been world champions and your friends in the media protect you and because the goalkeeper...

IKER CASILLAS: Eh, Señor, round here you say things to our faces.

JM: Where were you on the first goal [against Barcelona], Sergio?

SR: Marking Piqué.

JM: Well, you should have been marking Puyol.

SR: Yes, but they were blocking us off with Piqué and we decided to change the marking.

JM: What? So now you’re playing at being coach?

SR: No, but depending on the situation in the game, sometimes you have to change the marking. Because you’ve never been a player, you don’t know that sometimes happens.

Source: Marca

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...r-in-June.html

spanky 24-01-12 12:01 PM

It's hard to feel sorry for either Maureen or Ramos, both come off as twats in that exchange

Shaggy 24-01-12 12:05 PM

They said this last year and he's still there. Having said that, it's clear he's making more and more enemies the longer he stays there (shock). I'd love to see him leave with his tail between his legs.

Lecter 24-01-12 12:08 PM

He makes enemies everywhere he goes

He'd be a perfect fit to takeover at the Axis Of Evil when Fergie retires / pops his clogs

jono 24-01-12 12:13 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Chelsea.

Vermilion 24-01-12 12:14 PM

Supposedly told 'close friends' he's off in June.

If he wins the title i could see it too.

dww 24-01-12 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2201872)
They said this last year and he's still there. Having said that, it's clear he's making more and more enemies the longer he stays there (shock). I'd love to see him leave with his tail between his legs.

To be honest I doubt he will ever stay in a job more than 3 years and in some regards it will serve his reputation well. His style wears people down and along with generating enemies it is bound to make long periods in the same place difficult for him. If he wins the league of CL then I think he will definitely jump shit.

Chris 24-01-12 12:19 PM

As always he'll make it win win, he gets a trophy or two or blames the players/president.

He wont have to worry about quitting if he fucks up the position Real are in in the league though.

I dont think Man Utd will touch him myself.

Reece 24-01-12 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dww (Post 2201885)
To be honest I doubt he will ever stay in a job more than 3 years and in some regards it will serve his reputation well. His style wears people down and along with generating enemies it is bound to make long periods in the same place difficult for him. If he wins the league of CL then I think he will definitely jump shit.

Intentional? :D

dww 24-01-12 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2201890)
Intentional? :D

Um, yeah, totally. :haha:

Phoenix07 24-01-12 02:58 PM

He's always wanted to win the three major leagues. Even Perez has succumbed to him.

It'd be pathetic on Chelsea's part to get rid of Villas Boas anyway. You can see by his signings and the set-up how he wants to play.

Arsenal would be a no no unless he's guaranteed funds, something which is a bit of grey area as Wenger doesn't let anyone know about if transfer funds are available.

Man Utd is too early. Could see Pep Guardiola getting that one.

Could see Man City looking at him before he heads back to Malaga to get La Liga.

Craig_H 24-01-12 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lecter (Post 2201841)

SR: No, but depending on the situation in the game, sometimes you have to change the marking. Because you’ve never been a player, you don’t know that sometimes happens.


Ouch! :haha::haha:

Deano 24-01-12 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix06 (Post 2202026)
He's always wanted to win the three major leagues. Even Perez has succumbed to him.

It'd be pathetic on Chelsea's part to get rid of Villas Boas anyway. You can see by his signings and the set-up how he wants to play.

Arsenal would be a no no unless he's guaranteed funds, something which is a bit of grey area as Wenger doesn't let anyone know about if transfer funds are available.

Man Utd is too early. Could see Pep Guardiola getting that one.

Could see Man City looking at him before he heads back to Malaga to get La Liga.

I think they'll surprise everyone and get someone from left field

ChesterDave 24-01-12 09:25 PM

Ramos v Mourihno: Who do you want to win in a fight.

That should be used as a torture technique. Having to side with either of the horrible little pricks makes me feel ill.

peekay 27-01-12 02:37 PM

I dont think he is a person who builds team spirit in the truest sense of the word - like Shankly or Kenny - with the team members really liking each other, becoming mates and truly believing in working for the cause of the club. His teams are united and to a certain extent fight for each other, no doubt. However, I think he builds that based on paranoia, the world is attacking you. He magnifies all opponents faults to his players and pretty much tells them to stick with each other to get out of this hole. Such an environment wears people out. I dont think he can maintain that intensity of poisonous atmosphere for long. I also think that is one main reason why the team spirit and performances collapse once he leaves. Because it was artificial and never there.

Chris 27-01-12 03:07 PM

Agreed, he makes it a war basically. He's amazing at getting inside peoples heads, brainwashing them even, got to give him that.

He's a cunt of a man and I despise his managerial style even if it is winning often. Think he'll go at the end, either winning something and boasting about how amazing he is or no trophies and blames the players, Marca etc. Win, win for him.

Taking that Inter job when Rafa did was brave/silly really, they'd just won everything and there was a World Cup after it. They were spent.

Shaggy 27-01-12 03:18 PM

I absolutely hate the cunt.

I don't think it'll ever happen, but let's just say FSG decide they want him to be our next manager and appointed him. Everyone here who hates him...how would you feel? :D

destinydude 27-01-12 03:26 PM

I'd take him and idolise him if we wins us the League and bitch slaps and winds up the Scum fans to no ends.

Chris 27-01-12 03:27 PM

Wouldnt be delighted at first but my feelings would soon change if/when we started winning.

Mattshark 27-01-12 05:30 PM

Then he'd fuck off after a few years, wouldn't build for the future and make it hard for his replacement.

Shaggy 27-01-12 05:31 PM

It would be a nightmare. We'd have to swallow it but it'd be fucking horrible. I'd hate myself :haha:

baitman 27-01-12 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peekay (Post 2205331)
I dont think he is a person who builds team spirit in the truest sense of the word - like Shankly or Kenny - with the team members really liking each other, becoming mates and truly believing in working for the cause of the club. His teams are united and to a certain extent fight for each other, no doubt. However, I think he builds that based on paranoia, the world is attacking you. He magnifies all opponents faults to his players and pretty much tells them to stick with each other to get out of this hole. Such an environment wears people out. I dont think he can maintain that intensity of poisonous atmosphere for long. I also think that is one main reason why the team spirit and performances collapse once he leaves. Because it was artificial and never there.

:handshake:
Maureen [love that :)] is only in it for himself, and would leave any team as soon as it suited him. he isnt arsed about building a dynasty, and leaving a legacy, so no continuity. this is what i believe [hope] that Kenny is trying to restore at Anfield.

McDermotX 27-01-12 05:47 PM

http://img01.mundodeportivo.com/2012...=1327579961112

Shaggy 27-01-12 05:47 PM

What's that? :confused: :D

Chrono 27-01-12 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2205484)
It would be a nightmare. We'd have to swallow it but it'd be fucking horrible. I'd hate myself :haha:

He can be a cunt but I like him and reckon he could bring home a title for us even with the same level of spending/players.

McDermotX 27-01-12 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2205499)
What's that? :confused: :D

Waiting for the ref after the other night's game.

Good sportsmanship. Kind of thing a great club like Real Madrid are proud of.

baitman 27-01-12 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2205499)
What's that? :confused: :D

looks like Maureen is waiting by the ref's parking spec to discuss the days events, in his own inimitable stylee :crackoff:

Shaggy 27-01-12 06:00 PM

Haha fucking hell :haha:

Shaggy 28-01-12 06:09 PM

Quote:

DuncanCastles Duncan Castles
Will have significant news on Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid later today. #rmcf

Mostar 28-01-12 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2205387)
I absolutely hate the cunt.

I don't think it'll ever happen, but let's just say FSG decide they want him to be our next manager and appointed him. Everyone here who hates him...how would you feel? :D

i don't think we will ever need to worry about that.

G 28-01-12 09:44 PM

He'll end up at old toilet and I can carry on hating him with a passion.

Never want him near our club except when he's getting his arse handed to him by our team

Shaggy 28-01-12 11:09 PM

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...wuVsOHUoG8RHQ_

Shaggy 28-01-12 11:13 PM

Quote:

DuncanCastles Duncan Castles
Jose Mourinho has decided to quit Real Madrid at the end of this season for a Premier League job. On @ST_Sport @SprtNationalUAE soon. #rmcf

Chris 28-01-12 11:17 PM

He must be praying Mancini fucks up so he can get his hands on the cash. Spurs wouldnt have the transfer budget or pay him even half of his current wage.

Shaggy 28-01-12 11:18 PM

Aye...hate the cunt but can't deny it's fascinating and I'm intrigued to see where he'll go if this is true. Just not here. Please.

spud_gun 28-01-12 11:31 PM

Back to the Plazzy Flags

Chris 28-01-12 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud_gun (Post 2206936)
Back to the Plazzy Flags

Good call, will give them an excuse to get rid of Terry aswell.

McDermotX 28-01-12 11:38 PM

Clearly Man City

Shaggy 28-01-12 11:38 PM

Quote:

honigstein raphael honigstein
@DuncanCastles's contact(s) impeccable when it comes to Mou. no doubt whatsoever that Jose wanted this message out

Lee 29-01-12 12:58 AM

City it is then.

He's such a cunt. Such an utter cunt.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.