est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Diogo Jota (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=91063)

S-RED 18-09-20 11:02 PM

Diogo Jota

Welcome from the champions.

enjoy your next goal at Anfield as much as your last ;O)

spud_gun 18-09-20 11:05 PM

2nd risky thread today.

Madness

Fivex 18-09-20 11:06 PM

IEWT :rock:

Liverpool 18-09-20 11:07 PM

Lean?

http://media1.tenor.com/images/ed323...itemid=5377106

S-RED 18-09-20 11:09 PM

in Edwards we trust. JOTA,JOTA,JOTA

what a brilliant Friday

McDermotX 18-09-20 11:29 PM

Supposedly hot and cold to those who watch him regularly, but always comes across as a proper footballer whenever I catch Wolves.
The sort who could elevate his game surrounded by high quality players I suspect.
This could be a good one. :rock:

Venton 18-09-20 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDermotX (Post 3654308)
Supposedly hot and cold to those who watch him regularly, but always comes across as a proper footballer whenever I catch Wolves.
The sort who could elevate his game surrounded by high quality players I suspect.
This could be a good one. :rock:

This is it for me. Good engine, quick feet with an eye for a clever pass, can run well with the ball.

Mane was a great player but he's become world class under Klopp. I think Jota will do well.

Buzzo 18-09-20 11:35 PM

As with anyone who we sign, it’s imagining what Klopp can do with them.

I feel pretty much the same as I did when we signed Mane. Totally non plussed :haha: But I was wrong then. It’s great these days, you just 100% trust the club.

I love a signing though :rock: And these days it’s not about buying the best player in the world, it’s about creating the best player in the world as Klopp has done with pretty much every player we’ve bought.

dom9 19-09-20 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3654311)
As with anyone who we sign, itís imagining what Klopp can do with them.

I feel pretty much the same as I did when we signed Mane. Totally non plussed :haha: But I was wrong then. Itís great these days, you just 100% trust the club.

I love a signing though :rock: And these days itís not about buying the best player in the world, itís about creating the best player in the world as Klopp has done with pretty much every player weíve bought.

Yep. Agreed.

SB 19-09-20 03:13 AM

Yeah can’t dispute that Buzzo. Total trust in Klopp

Rigadon 19-09-20 06:28 AM

Wasnít expecting this transfer (especially having decided not to buy Werner). However, I like Jota. Be interesting to see where he plays (pressure on Firmino?).

Exiled_red 19-09-20 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3654311)
As with anyone who we sign, itís imagining what Klopp can do with them.

I feel pretty much the same as I did when we signed Mane. Totally non plussed :haha: But I was wrong then. Itís great these days, you just 100% trust the club.

I love a signing though :rock: And these days itís not about buying the best player in the world, itís about creating the best player in the world as Klopp has done with pretty much every player weíve bought.

:handshake: I think that this could be a really astute signing, he can cover basically anywhere in the front line, he's young has PL experience and appears a much better fit than our other backup options. Hopefully being around better players (no disrespect to Wolves) will help him become more consistent and he can become a reliable goalscorer to complement our forward line.

Irishnev 19-09-20 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigadon (Post 3654338)
Wasnít expecting this transfer (especially having decided not to buy Werner). However, I like Jota. Be interesting to see where he plays (pressure on Firmino?).

Heís a versatile Ďforwardí who prefers to play off the left but can play across the front line.

Irishnev 19-09-20 07:53 AM

labourRed 19-09-20 08:26 AM

Has anyone looked into his heritage yet. Surely he's the must Irish looking Portuguese person of all time. I'm claiming him as one of ours until someone does. :rock:

Cormack74 19-09-20 10:47 AM

Did anyone see this coming prior to about 18 hours ago?

Cormack74 19-09-20 10:49 AM

Quote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54214671

Liverpool have agreed to sign Wolverhampton Wanderers forward Diogo Jota for £41m in a deal that could rise to £45m with add-ons.

The Portugal winger, 23, is set to sign a five-year deal at Anfield.

The move follows Liverpool's £20m capture of Spain midfielder Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich.

The Jota deal represents a net spend of about £30m, with defender Ki-Jana Hoever, 18, going the other way for £9m and a possible £4.5m in add-ons.

The Premier League champions have also negotiated a 15% sell-on clause in the transfer that takes young Dutch defender Hoever to Molineux.

Jota can play across the forward line and would provide further cover - in addition to Takumi Minamino and Divock Origi - for Liverpool's vaunted front three of Sadio Mane, Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah.

The former Atletico Madrid player joined Wolves on loan in their 2017-18 Championship-winning campaign before making a £12.8m permanent switch in 2018.

Jota has made 131 appearances for the Molineux side, scoring 44 goals, including hat-tricks in last season's Europa League victories against Besiktas and Espanyol.

He is in line to become Liverpool's third summer signing following the arrival of Alcantara and Greece left-back Kostas Tsimikas for about £11.7m.

1 in 3 for Wolves is by no means poor - but hopefully we'll see a significant uplift when he's around better players.

Exiled_red 19-09-20 10:51 AM

We need a confirmed transfer thread now that we are doing some business.

Corndog 19-09-20 11:07 AM

41 mil seems steep even with the payment terms and hoever.

I guess it was just the uncertainty and maybe not being able to pay up front that meant werner was a no go because between Thiago and Jota the final outlay will be higher.

Arguably a better move though getting 2 first team players instead of the one.

Sus 19-09-20 11:23 AM

The Athletic mentioned that Wolves would have happily taken 35m quid if it was paid up front. The price of staggering the payments is the extra 6-10m

The_weatherman 19-09-20 11:50 AM

Nice! This signing makes a lot of sense, now all we need is a centre back and we've checked all boxes!

Gray 19-09-20 12:01 PM

Seems a bit of a Danny Ings signing.

Fivex 19-09-20 12:43 PM

You could have given me a hundred attempts at liking this signing to someone else and Danny Ings wouldnít have made the list :haha:

Gray 19-09-20 12:47 PM

Well it is

Fivex 19-09-20 12:49 PM

In what way? :confused:

Buzzo 19-09-20 02:37 PM

Pepe79 19-09-20 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3654455)

Why did you delete that?

Buzzo 19-09-20 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe79 (Post 3654457)
Why did you delete that?

Couldnít be fucked getting into a discussion about which previous signing Jota is most similar to :haha:

Life is too short. It doesnít matter.

Exiled_red 19-09-20 03:51 PM

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-18961742

Quote:

Diogo Jota's Everton admission ahead of Liverpool transfer
Diogo Jota has sealed a move to Liverpool and has made an interesting admission about Everton previously

Liverpool have moved swiftly in the transfer market to bolster their attacking additions by capturing Diogo Jota from Premier League rivals Wolves.

The Portugal international became Jurgen Klopp's second signing of the day on Friday, following on from the arrival of Thiago Alcantara from Bayern Munich.

Jota will provide depth in the final third to ease the pressure on Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, an area many have felt Liverpool needed some recruitment in for a while.

Interestingly, some comments from Jota about Liverpool's Merseyside rivals Everton have emerged following news of a deal being completed - where he made quite an admission.

“I loved to watch Everton play, especially when they were playing at home,” he said, as reported by the Mirror.

“It was not a club that fought for the title but that always made life very complicated for the big teams. And I loved that drive and competitiveness. They were relentless.”

While Jota's comments may raise eyebrows, it's worth remembering that childhood support isn't really relevant for footballers - as shown by Jamie Carragher, a boyhood Everton fan who became a Liverpool legend.

This is quite often the case in football too, with new Tottenham signing Matt Doherty deleting tweets declaring his love for Arsenal after signing for Jose Mourinho's side.

So, there's certainly no reason to worry about any potential split in allegiances and it is definitely not an issue for fans to worry about.

In fact, it could provide extra determination for Jota when Liverpool tackle Everton at Goodison Park next month.

Considering Carlo Ancelotti's current evolution with the Blues, it's a match up Jota could relish even more in red.

Jota scored against Everton in a 3-0 victory for Wolves in the Premier League last season.

Poor bastard, imagine growing up in Portugal and supporting Everton :haha:

Pepe79 19-09-20 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3654459)
Couldnít be fucked getting into a discussion about which previous signing Jota is most similar to :haha:

Life is too short. It doesnít matter.

Fair enough :haha:

Youíre right though, all the analytics posted above shows that Jota profiles like 2016 Mane. Thereís nothing Danny Ings about it! Not that thereís anything wrong with Danny Ings. :haha:

Buzzo 19-09-20 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe79 (Post 3654465)
Fair enough :haha:

Youíre right though, all the analytics posted above shows that Jota profiles like 2016 Mane. Thereís nothing Danny Ings about it! Not that thereís anything wrong with Danny Ings. :haha:

:handshake:

McDermotX 19-09-20 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3654461)
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...erton-18961742

Poor bastard, imagine growing up in Portugal and supporting Everton :haha:

Sell

Shaggy 19-09-20 04:56 PM

Irishnev 19-09-20 04:56 PM

Irishnev 19-09-20 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3654479)

Ffs :haha:

Shaggy 19-09-20 04:57 PM

:haha::D

Shaggy 19-09-20 04:58 PM

Irishnev 19-09-20 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3654482)
:haha::D

No point even trying :haha:

Shaggy 19-09-20 05:02 PM

Maxiedge 19-09-20 05:07 PM

No one:

Liverpool: announce Jota :D

In all seriousness though, absolutely blinding signing. We lose so much when either Mane or Salah donít play but this guy can come in and keep that energy going. Also being able to rotate will mean a more fresh Mane and Salah too. Delighted.