est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Diogo Jota (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=91063)

danperkins 16-10-20 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3661207)
Swedish goalie is called Jőrdan Pjickfyord

:haha::haha::haha:

Roboklopp 21-10-20 09:54 PM

Like the look of this dude.

Rich 21-10-20 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboklopp (Post 3663334)
Like the look of this dude.

Yeah, hes looking really promising.

S-RED 21-10-20 10:06 PM

very good buy

BigChief 21-10-20 10:08 PM

Score a few more goals and Klopp will not be able to get rid of the itch to start him permanently. One of the front three's position looks under real threat by the end of November. Salah, but more likely Firminho, might need to seriously shake off the cobwebs.

Norbs 21-10-20 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChief (Post 3663364)
Score a few more goals and Klopp will not be able to get rid of the itch to start him permanently. One of the front three's position looks under real threat by the end of November. Salah, but more likely Firminho, might need to seriously shake off the cobwebs.

Are you really suggesting that Jota could take Salah's place? :haha:

Buzzo 21-10-20 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChief (Post 3663364)

:haha:

Salah with his 6 goals in 5 League games.

What more does he need to do?

BigChief 21-10-20 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3663366)

Salah with his 6 goals in 5 League games.

What more does he need to do?

More. :crackoff:

Venton 21-10-20 10:14 PM

I like the way Jota has started and I think any of the front 3 who are having a bad game on the day could be replaced by him. He's definitely better than them when they're having an off day which is what you want of your subs.

S-RED 21-10-20 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venton (Post 3663369)
I like the way Jota has started and I think any of the front 3 who are having a bad game on the day could be replaced by him. He's definitely better than them when they're having an off day which is what you want of your subs.

in a nutshell

Buzzo 21-10-20 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChief (Post 3663367)
More. :crackoff:

peekay 25-10-20 03:36 AM

Early days but he looks like another brilliant pickup by Edwards and company. It is difficult for an outsider to come to a squad that has won the champions league and premier league recently and make his mark. He looks ready-made for this team.

BG1973 25-10-20 05:38 AM

His start reminds me of Mane's which didn't turn out too bad.

danperkins 25-10-20 08:52 AM

Looks a live wire, thought he was poor last night and struggled to get into the game but he works hard and is very positive on the ball.

Exiled_red 25-10-20 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3664307)
Looks a live wire, thought he was poor last night and struggled to get into the game but he works hard and is very positive on the ball.

The game yesterday was odd, not sure if it was because he was playing on the right, or because of the team not being familiar with the system, a few times I thought Salah thought he was playing on the right and was taking Jota's position.

Obviously he got the winner though and it's encouraging that we have another player who can get goals even when not playing particularly well.

danperkins 25-10-20 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3664314)
The game yesterday was odd, not sure if it was because he was playing on the right, or because of the team not being familiar with the system, a few times I thought Salah thought he was playing on the right and was taking Jota's position.

Obviously he got the winner though and it's encouraging that we have another player who can get goals even when not playing particularly well.

:handshake: completely agree with that we looked so disjointed, I struggled to work it out and I did think our balance was off. I really thought Bobby was going to get dropped yesterday, I know he scored but I thought he was really poor again and if I'm being completely honest he looks lazy. Jota on the other hand is a livewire, constantly moving and looking to go forward. Obviously two totally different types of players and imo both were poor last night imo and both scored so go figure.

I don't think you can fit Jota, Mane, Bobby, Mo is the same team it just doesn't seem to fit, either that or it's early days in a system we may implement more regularly.... time will tell. Bobby does look like he needs a break but who would replace him centrally I'm not sure. Moving Mane and Mo is a risk and Minamino imo looks way off the standard we need, certainly physically he struggles and so far I just don't see it with him but he needs game time to be fair to him.

Put Thiago and Fabinho into the midfield behind the front lads the that team instantly looks different. You have a shield who is a great passer and you have a world class passer with a dogged work rate. Yesterday again I thought our midfield was weak, Gini in particular has had such a poor start to the season. Anyways Jota looks a very good buy, how much game time he gets is a different story.

Fredo 25-10-20 10:01 AM

Reading form other places, and I think Liverpool suggested in another thread, we played 4-2-3-1 and part of the reasoning was to save legs, as some players were a bit tired. I thought Jota was ok and he scored a vital goal. Obviously, having a player who's got the knack of scoring and being decisive is massive.

danperkins 25-10-20 10:04 AM

We did look very tired alright so there maybe something to that :handshake:

BigChief 25-10-20 10:50 AM

If we're tired and we've got a game on Tuesday then do we rest practically everybody? So starting positions for Jota, Mina and Shaq up front and Milner, Jones and Thiago/Keita in midfield?

We have West Ham next week, yet another team that's feeling on top of the world, who will give us many problems.

danperkins 25-10-20 11:12 AM

Having important players like Matip and Thiago back will be huge for us. IMO likes of Jones, Shaq, Minamino, Milner, Jota etc may get run out vs Midtjylland and we still should have enough to beat them comfortably. West Ham will be a tough one, hopefully Antonio will be out.

Exiled_red 25-10-20 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChief (Post 3664343)
If we're tired and we've got a game on Tuesday then do we rest practically everybody? So starting positions for Jota, Mina and Shaq up front and Milner, Jones and Thiago/Keita in midfield?

We have West Ham next week, yet another team that's feeling on top of the world, who will give us many problems.

I would be tempted to rest a few people, hopefully get a couple of goals in front and take advantage of the 5 subs in the CL to rest the rest of the first team players that start

Paul12 25-10-20 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3664350)
I would be tempted to rest a few people, hopefully get a couple of goals in front and take advantage of the 5 subs in the CL to rest the rest of the first team players that start

Could rest at least five of saturday's crew: the regular strikers replaced by Shaq, Takumi, Diogo moving up and Curtis coming in, then James M for Gini, and Neco for Trent. Maybe a game for Thiago and Joel? We have to use the squad, otherwise they will be worn out by Christmas.

brightred 26-10-20 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3664320)
:handshake: completely agree with that we looked so disjointed, I struggled to work it out and I did think our balance was off. I really thought Bobby was going to get dropped yesterday, I know he scored but I thought he was really poor again and if I'm being completely honest he looks lazy. Jota on the other hand is a livewire, constantly moving and looking to go forward. Obviously two totally different types of players and imo both were poor last night imo and both scored so go figure.

I don't think you can fit Jota, Mane, Bobby, Mo is the same team it just doesn't seem to fit, either that or it's early days in a system we may implement more regularly.... time will tell. Bobby does look like he needs a break but who would replace him centrally I'm not sure. Moving Mane and Mo is a risk and Minamino imo looks way off the standard we need, certainly physically he struggles and so far I just don't see it with him but he needs game time to be fair to him.

I must be losing it! Thought Gini had a good game, worked really hard. Granted, not everything came off for him but he was good.

Put Thiago and Fabinho into the midfield behind the front lads the that team instantly looks different. You have a shield who is a great passer and you have a world class passer with a dogged work rate. Yesterday again I thought our midfield was weak, Gini in particular has had such a poor start to the season. Anyways Jota looks a very good buy, how much game time he gets is a different story.

Buzzo 27-10-20 11:32 PM

What a great signing he has been. Already pulling his weight with vital goals.

danperkins 27-10-20 11:34 PM

Bit rough round the edges but fast, never stops running and is so positive. Klopp will improve him. Light years ahead of Minamino and Derek and imo pushing Bobby for a start except for the style we play.

SB 28-10-20 12:37 AM

Glad to see him scoring goals at crucial times. He knows he belongs (if he was in any doubt when he signed. )

dom9 31-10-20 08:19 PM

He's alright, isn't he.

Irishnev 31-10-20 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom9 (Post 3666229)
He's alright, isn't he.

Youd swear that Michael Edwards and team knew what they were doing :D

BigChief 31-10-20 08:28 PM

Money bigballs signing!!

Exiled_red 31-10-20 08:30 PM

Surely has to be starting with Mane and Salah soon.

danperkins 31-10-20 08:30 PM

Fantastic start, looks perfect for us. Early days but surely he deserves to be a starter for us on current form

BG1973 31-10-20 08:32 PM

How Salah does not play him in for his second we'll never know.. Bad Mo.

BobTheCharmer 31-10-20 09:13 PM

Great signing. Fits us well. Wonder if he's more useful as an impact sub when the opponents tire.

BG1973 31-10-20 09:15 PM

Don't know about that, but think it's a valid point for the Bobby critics. Bobby facing fresh, packed defences. Jota isn't..

Shaggy 31-10-20 09:24 PM

He's a far better finisher than I realised. Already looks the signing of the summer.

Buzzo 31-10-20 09:48 PM

Proper Klopp signing.

One where I’m going ...’eh ?’. Other than being aware of his name I didn’t know anything about him.

Then he comes in and is instantly dynamite :rock: Smacks of a money all signing. Profile, age, stats, all good.

Robbie-9-Fowler 31-10-20 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer (Post 3666291)
Great signing. Fits us well. Wonder if he's more useful as an impact sub when the opponents tire.

I think he's benefitting from that at the moment, will be interesting to see when he inevitably starts a few on the spin.

Saveloy 01-11-20 12:08 AM

Was it on here or somewhere else that someone was questioning his heritage, as he was the most Irish looking Portuguese they'd ever seen? :haha:

Saveloy 01-11-20 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3666299)
He's a far better finisher than I realised. Already looks the signing of the summer.

:handshake: looks like a striker. And to think Wolves fans weren't that bothered :confused:

Irishnev 01-11-20 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saveloy (Post 3666386)
Was it on here or somewhere else that someone was questioning his heritage, as he was the most Irish looking Portuguese they'd ever seen? :haha:

Seen it on Twitter - he does have an Irish head for sure :handshake: