est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Sports (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   The Weight Training Thread (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87183)

Subby 09-02-15 10:53 AM

The Weight Training Thread

Anyway where were we? Ah yes....

Hitting double arm sessions for a month now with some cardio at the start. Going to finish Feb with 30 mins cardio 4 times a week then move back to lifting heavy for growth. Fat levels dropping still so changing the routines a bit now.

20 mins cardio
main workout
10 mins cardio

Should take me about 70-80 mins all in

Mon - Arms
Tue - Legs
Wed - rest
Thur - Chest/Sholders
Fri - Arms
Sat - rest
Sun - rest

See how that pans out for a few weeks. I had to sign up to pure gym for a couple of months as my work gym is closed for 2 months for rebuilding :shake: pain in the rear having to pay for the gym but I can take the 18 a month hit for a couple of months then just cancel my membership and go back to my own work gym

Subby 09-02-15 10:56 AM

Trying new routines tonight and for the next few weeks

Different arm exercises that I've not done before. Behind the head bicep curls with an inclined bench, etc

Also trying new tricep extension routines with the rope and lat machine setup

Subby 09-02-15 01:18 PM

Ok perhaps move this thread to "general sports" section?

CJ 09-02-15 02:00 PM

consider it done :handshake:

CJ 09-02-15 08:37 PM

You can thank me later

EwarWoo 09-02-15 11:01 PM

Thanks later.

Assassin 10-02-15 02:48 AM

Shaggy, how is the bulking up coming on?

CJ 10-02-15 10:57 AM

Thanks woo

Subby 10-02-15 10:59 AM

Cheers CJ

Started my new "temp" gym last night. God I hate it already. You have to wait for equipment :shake: In my work I usually have the gym basically all to myself and I don't have to wait for anything which means I can do a good lifting session and not hang about, get home early. This new place is the reverse of that :shake:

Ah well it's only 2 months, I can deal with it.

Subby 12-02-15 12:16 PM

Leg doms :shake:

man I forgot how annoying they are but no pain no gainz :p

EwarWoo 12-02-15 12:29 PM

I've been sick all week so not been able to go down, just as I was set in the habit too.

Missing it, might see if I'm up to it tomorrow and get in a light work out.

Subby 17-02-15 12:22 PM

Tweaked my neck when doing rear delts last week :shake: need to lay off the weights for a few days to make sure I don't aggravate it further :(

Baracus 17-02-15 01:35 PM

getting a flatter stomach

Any ideas other than sit-ups without going to the gym and using the equipment. Time limited at work. I search it and get a 1000 to 1 different ways. I just want the most effective way.

DannyMan2006 17-02-15 02:10 PM

I hate the following:

I get into a great rhythm and am rally enjoying the gym. I get really motivate and my intention is sky's the limit etc.

Then I pick up a bug and I'm kept low for a week.

Then I just can't motivate myself to go back having to start all over again having lost strength.

So bloody annoying. I know it's just a motivational thing, but does anyone have any tips on how to combat this or is it just a personal issue that has to be overcome?

Subby 17-02-15 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baracus (Post 3066371)
getting a flatter stomach

Any ideas other than sit-ups without going to the gym and using the equipment. Time limited at work. I search it and get a 1000 to 1 different ways. I just want the most effective way.

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...austion?page=2

I do these and the spiderman is good for abs and obliques too :) Enjoy!

Subby 17-02-15 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMan2006 (Post 3066391)
I hate the following:

I get into a great rhythm and am rally enjoying the gym. I get really motivate and my intention is sky's the limit etc.

Then I just can't motivate myself to go back having to start all over again having lost strength.

So bloody annoying. I know it's just a motivational thing, but does anyone have any tips on how to combat this or is it just a personal issue that has to be overcome?

Watch some of these. They motivate me when I don't feel like going to the gym. I've no intention of bodybuilding but building a decent physique. These tip videos are good for learning and motivating :)

If that doesn't work then look for mutant in a minute playlist on youtube :)

EwarWoo 17-02-15 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMan2006 (Post 3066391)

Experiencing the same right now. Was going to go last night but still have a bad chest, and rule is anything below the neck don't.

I don't think its a coincidence TBH.

Exercise builds your immune system. But that's long term. Short term your body rebels.

I'm making myself go tomorrow like it or not.

DannyMan2006 17-02-15 07:05 PM

Cheers guys!

Baracus 18-02-15 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subby (Post 3066422)
http://www.mensfitness.com/training/...austion?page=2

I do these and the spiderman is good for abs and obliques too :) Enjoy!

:handshake:

EwarWoo 18-02-15 12:52 PM

Well, still feeling a little peaky, but forced myself to go anyways.

Feeling awful, but also much better, if that makes sense. A fairly half arsed effort but a good warm up for Friday's session.

Subby 18-02-15 08:00 PM

Natural endorphins you get from exercise or weights always perks you up :p ....natures free get high hit :rock:

Subby 18-02-15 08:01 PM

http://uk.bodybuilding.com/store/mus...m/assault.html

Got this stuff delivered today. Going to use it to help me through a months worth of german volume training :)

Subby 26-03-15 02:30 PM

Christ haven't been in the gym now for a month since the accident. Fucking shit. All my gains going down the pan :shake:

EwarWoo 26-03-15 03:15 PM

You'll be surprised at how quick it comes back, though will hurt like a mofo the first few sessions the muscle will quickly pile back on. Just get yourself right mate and don't fret about it.

I've had my 10 year old nagging me for yonks so I've got him doing some weights at the moment. Keeping it very light and safe of course. Quite amusing watching him bench press 10kg. Heh.

Subby 27-03-15 07:50 PM

benching 10 :rock: class :D

On the plus side...meds killed my appetite so I'm down to 13 stone 5lbs....who needs cardio when nerve meds do the same job :p

Yeah itching to get back but can't push this type of injury...I'm a regular Sturridge with this bloody neck.

Subby 18-08-15 02:58 PM

...this thread died a death, cheers mods :crackoff:

RedReet 18-08-15 04:35 PM

Haha, a couple of times I was thinking of posting, but couldn't be arsed looking for it in the general sports thread, so never bothered.

Poor modding. :shake:

Subby 18-08-15 04:52 PM

http://www.caption-of-the-day.com/wp...moderator1.jpg

Roboklopp 18-08-15 06:38 PM

Good work Subotic. Had wondered where this thread had gone. Marginalised cos of their fear of the non-stick-thin limp-wristed man.

Imagine it'll be that Moddled & LX, usually te worst culprits by far. :shake:

Anyways, my mate pulled 280K deadlift yesterday. Clean too. Total beast.

RedReet 18-08-15 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plod (Post 3157118)
Good work Subotic. Had wondered where this thread had gone. Marginalised cos of their fear of the non-stick-thin limp-wristed man.

Imagine it'll be that Moddled & LX, usually te worst culprits by far. :shake:

Anyways, my mate pulled 280K deadlift yesterday. Clean too. Total beast.

That's nearly 5 of me. :jaw:

Roboklopp 18-08-15 11:16 PM

How much do you weigh? It's "only" just over 3 of me!

RedReet 19-08-15 08:52 PM

Between 60-62kgs. Was 62 the other day, but I think the scales have me slightly heavier and I might have dropped a bit since.

Had to stop weighing myself as I was doing it every day and recording what I eat to try and shift some body fat before holiday, but I plateaued at 62kgs and 10.4% BF which pissed me off, so I decided to stop obsessing and accept my current shape as even if I reached my target (under 8% BF) I still wouldn't be happy.

Nicey 20-08-15 07:00 AM

Very Good book to steal off the interwebs ...

His workouts are basically ... Decent Warm up followed by 3 Supersets ...
Warm Up ... Jumps Side to Side 30 secounds .. Jumps forward to back 30 seconds, Squats 15, Press Ups 15, Lunges 20 on each leg
First one very big ... 20, 15, 12, 10, 5, 8, 16 REPS 2 stations Example Bench Plus Lat Pulldowns
Second 3 Sets of 10 or 12, 2 stations
Third 3 Sets of 10 or 12 , 2 Stations

Awesome work out, recommended

Roboklopp 20-08-15 06:42 PM

Too high reps for me! Tend to work in the 3-8 range predominantly. Sometimes burn out with as many as poss- which can go to 20ish depending on the exercise & what I've done before. :)

Norbs 22-10-15 07:53 PM

Hello muscly people :)

I have a pitifully weedy chest and want to increase it which will hopefully raise my saggy belly at the same time. Can anyone advise the most effective equipment I can buy to use at home, and if there are any exercises focused on this muscle group

Ta

Norbs 23-10-15 06:27 PM

Getting sand kicked in my face here...

RedReet 23-10-15 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3193724)
Getting sand kicked in my face here...

:D

I don't have muscles, so I didn't reply. For chest exercises at home, I would start with press-ups before going and buying equipment. If you find you're sticking with it and want to step it up then buy a cheap bench and some dumbbells to do bench presses or a barbell set with rack etc.

Some form of bench press is your best approach, but I'd definitely start with press-up's as you need no equipment and if you do want to progress and think you'll stick with it then even consider joining a gym to use their benches and the various chest machines.

Norbs 23-10-15 07:26 PM

Cheers fella, I'll have to start the push up challenge and see how I get on. Either that or it's implants

Roboklopp 10-11-15 07:45 PM

What he said, soz Nobrot. Blame Despot LX for demoting the thread here. Tsk. :shake:

I am a slender 89K nowadays. High reps week this week (largely a new thing to rotate weeks, light/high, medium/medium, heavy/low. Today was 5 sets of 15 reps squat @ 90K. My squats are slightly below parallel cos I don't cheat like some dickheads you see.

Roboklopp 10-11-15 07:45 PM

How are you pecs coming along tNorbasaurus?