est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roberto Firmino (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87707)

Fivex 30-08-15 01:44 AM

You're comparing an entire career (to date) with 2 hours there, unless you've watched Firmino at his last club and didn't rate him? He was never going to be up to speed instantly so you can't make any reasonable comparisons or demands.

HamboCairns 30-08-15 12:25 PM

Yeah he's completely shit. Set up a gilt edged chance for Benteke and hit the post from 25 yards as well as linked up play effectively.

wiw 30-08-15 12:26 PM

I think he may be used to having slightly more time and space on the ball, that and his fitness maybe lacking it must be quite difficult to impact the game as much as he's used to. That and the rest of our team is shite :D That shot with his left foot shows you his quality. I've been pretty disappointed with him so far too but i think it will come. Not worrying yet!

danperkins 30-08-15 12:29 PM

So Ings or Firmino up top with Benteke vs United?

Keyser Soze 30-08-15 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foresterbloke (Post 3163975)
Yeah he's completely shit. Set up a gilt edged chance for Benteke and hit the post from 25 yards as well as linked up play effectively.

If you actually read the post properly it doesn't say he's shit. It says i expected more.

With some players you can tell a players has the IT factor straight away Torres and Suarez as two recent examples.

BTW what link up player those two moments apart what did he do?
One shot on goal my friend, his job is to provide the ammunition and maybe shoot the bullets as well.

:handshake:

danperkins 30-08-15 12:30 PM

Hard to judge Firmino at moment as he is not fit. He has looked lost but hopefully he grows int he side.

Keyser Soze 30-08-15 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3163981)
Hard to judge Firmino at moment as he is not fit. He has looked lost but hopefully he grows int he side.

Didn't he and Coutinho start training at the same time?

Do think there an element of acclimatisation needed, i was hoping as he'd been in a European leagues he'd hit the ground running.

danperkins 30-08-15 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 3163983)
Didn't he and Coutinho start training at the same time?

Do think there an element of acclimatisation needed, i was hoping as he'd been in a European leagues he'd hit the ground running.

:handshake: I was hoping for a better start myself. Sure if hat shot off the post had of gone in, things might have been a whole lot different. He has serious quality, I hope it can translate to the premier league. I can't see him being a failure to be honest. I would start him up with Benteke. We paid big money for him, he needs game time.

Shaggy 30-08-15 10:34 PM

He'll come good, he could have a shit 3 or 4 months and I'd still back him to come good. All regular watchers have talked about his skill married with a great work rate. My only worry is where we fit him into the side. Let's play a diamond with him either at the tip of it or off a striker....which would make it a kind of 4-4-1-1 diamond.

RichC 30-08-15 10:42 PM

Yup, thats what I'd be looking to play as well.

No idea who'll make way for Sturridge as/when he gets himself fit.

Daniel 7 30-08-15 10:43 PM

I wonder if he might be a shout to take the Coutinho role in his absence v Man Utd.

HamboCairns 30-08-15 10:43 PM

He might have hid chance with Coutinho out. I really hope we start with a diamond formation.

DannyMan2006 31-08-15 11:05 AM

Firmino behind two strikers. Ings & Benteke until Studge gets back. Couts in midfield 3. In tough away games Ings drops out, push Couts up and put in Lucas or Can.

Daniel 7 03-09-15 10:01 AM

I agree with your post wholeheartedly DannyMan2006. You may be very, very young, but you do talk sense sometimes.

Vermilion 03-09-15 10:06 AM

Hate it when fans seem to come up with better ideas for formations/tactics than our manager ? :sigh:

Tribute 03-09-15 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermilion (Post 3166016)
Hate it when fans seem to come up with better ideas for formations/tactics than our manager ? :sigh:

...Brendan is DannyMan2006? :source:

baitman 03-09-15 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute (Post 3166041)

if only, obviously not :sigh:

brightred 03-09-15 06:11 PM

I liked the diamond.

Bring back the diamond, that's what I say.

frank the tank 03-09-15 06:26 PM

to be honest, the diamond formation is the only time we have looked fuckin awesome under Brendan..... that purple patch when we were a cunts hair away from taking #19 was the best football any of us had seen since the days of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge ripping it up in the late 80s.

i really don't know what he was doing going away from that system. And with the signings we made this summer, i genuinely thought that we were on our way back to the diamond....

fuckin rodgers.....

redmike65 03-09-15 06:29 PM

https://www.change.org/petition

Norbs 03-09-15 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel 7 (Post 3166011)
You may be very, very young

:D

Far wiser than his 9 years on this planet

Slinky Skills 04-09-15 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3166146)

:haha:

DannyMan2006 07-09-15 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3166146)

:D Old head on young shoulders ;)

DannyMan2006 07-09-15 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute (Post 3166041)

Wish I was on his money!

Daniel 7 07-09-15 04:33 PM

Imagine all the ice cream you could buy!

DannyMan2006 08-09-15 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel 7 (Post 3167189)
Imagine all the ice cream you could buy!

:haha:

Kenneth 12-09-15 07:29 PM

WTF have we spent all of that money on? I can't say I knew anything about him before he joined, is this just a really slow start, is he not suited to the league or the formation? I've no idea but he's been shite so far.

BootRoom 12-09-15 07:29 PM

He looks absolute garbage. Afraid to run into space, looks like he'll be dispossessed every time he's on the ball, mis-placed passes galore, and doesn't fancy putting his foot in to make a challenge. Should have kept hold of Marko.

Rigadon 12-09-15 07:30 PM

Way too early to write him off but he currently looks like an expensive version of Aspas.

Kenneth 12-09-15 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BootRoom (Post 3169403)
He looks absolute garbage. Afraid to run into space, looks like he'll be dispossessed every time he's on the ball, mis-placed passes galore, and doesn't fancy putting his foot in to make a challenge. Should have kept hold of Marko.

It's 50m between the two of them. Surely one of them must be good enough to improve us.

Gibbo 12-09-15 07:31 PM

It'll come with Firmino. Not too worried about him as of yet.

Fredo 12-09-15 07:33 PM

He just isn't being played to his strengths and it's too early to say he's shit.

Rich 12-09-15 07:34 PM

He looks lost playing in that formation. I'm reserving judgement but at the moment I don't see an outstanding player. Average first touch, no pace, no tricks. I'm hoping it's just him getting used to the league and him unsure of the game he's being told to play.

Daniel 7 12-09-15 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 3169414)
It'll come with Firmino. Not too worried about him as of yet.

I'm not so sure. All my worries about him not fitting into Brendan's garbage 433 formation are coming true - he's not suited to it. Bren also seems to be completely adverse to using the diamond, which would probably be great for Firmino, either as a second striker or a 10 behind 2 centre forwards.

He might be ok with someone else, but with Brendan fucking Rodgers, I don't think so.

Gibbo 12-09-15 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel 7 (Post 3169431)
I'm not so sure. All my worries about him not fitting into Brendan's garbage 433 formation are coming true - he's not suited to it. Bren also seems to be completely adverse to using the diamond, which would probably be great for Firmino, either as a second striker or a 10 behind 2 centre forwards.

He might be ok with someone else, but with Brendan fucking Rodgers, I don't think so.

Oh yeah. He's not a winger by any stretch.

You can sort of see what his mind wants to do though. He's just not up to speed yet. I think he'll end up okay.

I 'kin hope so anyway.

G 12-09-15 07:39 PM

Klopp will get the best from him.

Exiled_red 12-09-15 07:41 PM

He has looked badly off the pace so far, but it takes time to settle in a new league and he is trying to do that in a team / system that doesn't work

tanner 12-09-15 07:42 PM

I'm yet to see one single, tiny bit of evidence that this guy is a top player. Its early, and believe me I thought he was going to be a great signing, but nothing, absolutely nothing to give me hope.

I'm not expecting him to be the best player on the pitch this early on, but I was expecting to at least see the odd bit of brilliance. :(

marksared 12-09-15 07:43 PM

Hes class and it will come...but the least of our problems at the moment.

Fredo 12-09-15 07:44 PM

Way too early to judge him. He's not being played where he should be played and I'm not even sure he'll be played to his strengths with Rodgers. Our strategy in recruiting players at the moment seems to be completely wrong.

danperkins 12-09-15 07:44 PM

If Rodgers stopped playing him in a work horse role out wide.... We might actually see the best of him.

Rigadon 12-09-15 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigey (Post 3169470)
Way too early to judge him. He's not being played where he should be played and I'm not even sure he'll be played to his strengths with Rodgers. Our strategy in recruiting players at the moment seems to be completely wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3169471)
If Rodgers stopped playing him in a work horse role out wide.... We might actually see the best of him.

This is what's particularly concerning - spending big money on a player and not knowing how to play him. It's embarrassing.

danperkins 12-09-15 07:53 PM

It's absolutely ridiculous.

BootRoom 12-09-15 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3169410)
It's 50m between the two of them. Surely one of them must be good enough to improve us.

We can argue about which player is the better prospect but with an idiot like Rogers in charge we'll get the same outcome regardless of the personnel involved.

baitman 12-09-15 08:07 PM

i know, lets spend 28m on an attacking midfielder/second stiker who can run at people, dribble and score from around the edge of the box and also play as a nifty poacher.

then we will stick him out on the wing to ensure he is marginalised as much as possible.

tactical genius. masterful tactician.

DannyMan2006 12-09-15 08:11 PM

Look average and doesn't get stuck in. Don't care what he's used to, should be putting challenges in. He's not Maradona FFS and until he is he needs to work harder.

Rich 12-09-15 08:12 PM

He looks like an attacking player that needs to play centrally in an attacking line-up. Not the mess Rodgers serves up.

Chris 12-09-15 08:12 PM

He spent an hour begging for players to move for him, so did Can. Static as fuck.

spud_gun 12-09-15 08:13 PM

too early to judge Roberto

On the other hand

Joe Gomez is the second coming of Maldini

:haha: this place

DannyMan2006 12-09-15 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 3169546)
He looks like an attacking player that needs to play centrally in an attacking line-up. Not the mess Rodgers serves up.

Fine when he played wide for the Hoff with the German lad on the opposite flank. Realistically I've no worries about him. Nearly a hero a few times already this season. Just needs to get stuck in more

Shaggy 12-09-15 08:16 PM

Looks average but I won't judge him in this totally dysfunctional set up. There's no discernible plan, everyone looks lost.

DannyMan2006 12-09-15 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud_gun (Post 3169551)
too early to judge Roberto

On the other hand

Joe Gomez is the second coming of Maldini

:haha: this place

Maldini maybe wouldn't have slid in, but he'd hardly do a resounding job at RB

spud_gun 12-09-15 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyMan2006 (Post 3169561)
Maldini maybe wouldn't have slid in, but he'd hardly do a resounding job at RB

touche :D

The jist of my argument remains.

People are far, far too quick to praise a good performance or two from a new signing whilst those who bemoan a new signings performances are shot down in flames.

S-RED 12-09-15 09:03 PM

this .... everyone looks lost

DannyMan2006 13-09-15 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud_gun (Post 3169566)
touche :D

The jist of my argument remains.

People are far, far too quick to praise a good performance or two from a new signing whilst those who bemoan a new signings performances are shot down in flames.

You're spot on, but to bemoan a new signing before he's kicked a ball is the sign of a bellend really :D

Daniel 7 13-09-15 11:05 AM

Its weird, but that right side, regardless of formation, always seems to be an issue under Rodgers. Henderson, Downing, Markovic, Lallana and now Firmino have all struggled when they've been out there - it must be the defensive aspects of the position he's asking the to do, and by sticking attacking players there, he's blunting their best attributes.

Exiled_red 13-09-15 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel 7 (Post 3169964)
Its weird, but that right side, regardless of formation, always seems to be an issue under Rodgers. Henderson, Downing, Markovic, Lallana and now Firmino have all struggled when they've been out there - it must be the defensive aspects of the position he's asking the to do, and by sticking attacking players there, he's blunting their best attributes.

None of them are right sided players and only Downing was a wide player all the others would prefer to play centrally.

Liverpool 13-09-15 01:37 PM

if he came from the reserves he would be sent back, but we paid 29m so hes here to stay. Cant judge him with the mess we are.

Keyser Soze 13-09-15 02:07 PM

He's too slow too play out wide (same as Lallana).
The Premier League for all its hype is not very technical -to succeed one of the things you need is pace.
No matter what players you put around him and maybe different manager thats something he won't have and unless he starts showing a bag of trickery and a pair of balls he'll struggle - especially out wide.

I'm thinking maybe he'd be better up front or floating around the striker but the way he didn't anticipate his chance yesterday would say that would be a waste, plus once Stuuridge and Coutinho are back he won't get a chance there anyway.

Had high hopes for him, still do to an extent - he needs to show more, in fact he needs to show up first.

Exiled_red 13-09-15 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze (Post 3170111)
He's too slow too play out wide (same as Lallana).
The Premier League for all its hype is not very technical -to succeed one of the things you need is pace.
No matter what players you put around him and maybe different manager thats something he won't have and unless he starts showing a bag of trickery and a pair of balls he'll struggle - especially out wide.

I'm thinking maybe he'd be better up front or floating around the striker but the way he didn't anticipate his chance yesterday would say that would be a waste, plus once Stuuridge and Coutinho are back he won't get a chance there anyway.

Had high hopes for him, still do to an extent - he needs to show more, in fact he needs to show up first.

He also isn't a wide player, if we want a player to play out wide we should buy one, instead we continually by No 10's and try to convert them to wide players, which seems to be what we are doing with him.

I think it's too much to ask someone to play in a new team, new league and new position and expect him to do well, I felt the same thing last year with Can and Markovic (and others).