est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roberto Firmino (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87707)

cream 24-06-15 09:15 AM

Well that was pretty straightforward. There must be a catch, no?

Exiled_red 24-06-15 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric.williams (Post 3133537)
so will he be classed as a rodgers or a committee signing?

It depends whether you are in the pro- or anti- Rodgers camp :crackoff:

Exiled_red 24-06-15 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133557)
Lets be honest, they didn't really need him unless they are getting rid of someone. We needed to make a statement, giving Sterling inevitable departure.

I guess it depends whether we are signing him as an AM or a striker.

tanner 24-06-15 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False9 (Post 3133520)

:haha:

ric.williams 24-06-15 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dww (Post 3133555)
I imagine that will depend on how he plays and the classifiers view on the two camps.

I don't see how anyone thinks they can decouple the two (from the outside at least).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3133559)
It depends whether you are in the pro- or anti- Rodgers camp :crackoff:

:handshake:

thats what i was getting at

Nicey 24-06-15 09:27 AM

We needed him all right ... suddenly for me anyway the possibilities seem endless ...play him upfront with Sturridge, play him in a Christmas tree formation behind the striker with Coutinho, Play him in a 3 with Couthinho and Lallana behind the striker. Truly brilliant signing .... we all needed it

Fivex 24-06-15 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainfog (Post 3133464)
Never seen him play. But there was a lot of people who really wanted us to sign him so I'm hopeful! And he's not Milner. It's great we're tying up deals early.

Someone frame this and make it the site banner! :rock: :rock: :D

G 24-06-15 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133499)
I can't believe it :haha::rock:

Here's 30+ glorious pages on Red Cafe where United fans cream themselves silly over Firmino since March 2014 and all along assume he will be signing for them. LOL.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-firmino.390739/

:haha:

Still a few Liverpool fans posting on Redcafe :rash:

baitman 24-06-15 09:38 AM

this lad was chatted about two years ago and he looked like he was worthy then. i reckon he could help coutinho move up a level too.
it would be great it we can also keep lucasinho too.

get the fuck in :rock:

Pablo 24-06-15 09:39 AM

Logical to assume it would be £22m, rather than £29m. It was £18m initially so they've negotiated up to £22m. That feels right. Negotiating up from £18m to £29m is absolutely NOT something FSG would allow.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3133575)
Logical to assume it would be £22m, rather than £29m. It was £18m initially so they've negotiated up to £22m. That feels right. Negotiating up from £18m to £29m is absolutely NOT something FSG would allow.

Don't really care about the fee for a player I'm this excited about, but to put this into perspective, Lallana cost 20-25, Downing 20 and Lovren 20.

Rodgers said recently that he has the final say on all transfers, giving me a stick to beat him with over poor transfers, so I'll have to give him this one as well :D Really pleased and I hope we are turning a corner now regarding recruitment.

meffin 24-06-15 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cream (Post 3133558)
Well that was pretty straightforward. There must be a catch, no?

He turns out shit?

G 24-06-15 09:51 AM

It's important we all remember that from now on, powerpack should be the only one allowed to start threads for top players we all want to sign. 100% record for the lad, fair play. :D

Pablo 24-06-15 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3133581)
It's important we all remember that from now on, powerpack should be the only one allowed to start threads for top players we all want to sign. 100% record for the lad, fair play. :D

"Let's hope we powerpack this deal nice and quickly" :rock:

Paddy 24-06-15 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3133581)
It's important we all remember that from now on, powerpack should be the only one allowed to start threads for top players we all want to sign. 100% record for the lad, fair play. :D

And redmike unwillingly stole his glory.

marcus50bucks 24-06-15 09:58 AM

One thing that definitely stands out in the clips posted on here, ST and when I've seen him play for Hoff and that is he does lack pace contrary to what some people say. I don't think he's much quicker than Lallana if at all. Would still like us to sign someone who is more explosive to compensate for the loss of Sterling when the inevitable happens. :handshake:

G 24-06-15 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133588)
And redmike unwillingly stole his glory.

Yeah if he kept quiet he could be basking in stolen kudos right now.

tanner 24-06-15 09:58 AM

Its nice to feel good about a signing for once, though I do fear we're going a little overboard.

At the end of the day, he's coming in and Sterling is likely to be leaving. Gerrard has gone and Milners in, Ings and Origi in, Borini, Lambert and possibly Mario out. So far I think its more a sideways move, a little more positive than negative, but is it enough to bridge the gap and get us back in the top 4?

As much as some will say they're good improvements, we're talking about Ings moving up a level, Origi moving to a new country and up a level, and of course a new league for Firmino. There will more than likely be a transition period for these players, my main concerns being Origi and Ings whilst Studge is injured/recovering.

I think Utd and Arsenal will be stronger this season, as too will City, so its going to be a big achievement to get back in the CL.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:00 AM


Shaggy 24-06-15 10:03 AM


baitman 24-06-15 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3133591)
Its nice to feel good about a signing for once, though I do fear we're going a little overboard.

At the end of the day, he's coming in and Sterling is likely to be leaving. Gerrard has gone and Milners in, Ings and Origi in, Borini, Lambert and possibly Mario out. So far I think its more a sideways move, a little more positive than negative, but is it enough to bridge the gap and get us back in the top 4?

As much as some will say they're good improvements, we're talking about Ings moving up a level, Origi moving to a new country and up a level, and of course a new league for Firmino. There will more than likely be a transition period for these players, my main concerns being Origi and Ings whilst Studge is injured/recovering.

I think Utd and Arsenal will be stronger this season, as too will City, so its going to be a big achievement to get back in the CL.

we are generally replacing dross or players past their best with others that can make a better contribution to the team so its much more positive than just swapping one body for another.
we still need to clear some dead wood/loanees out, and still need a beefy holding midfielder. then we might be able to hold our own against the mighty stoke.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:04 AM

http://www.cinemathreat.com/yahoo_si...1.20353626.gif

Rafa Justice 24-06-15 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False9 (Post 3133520)

Yoink :D

dom9 24-06-15 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foresterbloke (Post 3133471)

I scored one like that last night.

Patricks_Berger 24-06-15 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3133591)
Its nice to feel good about a signing for once, though I do fear we're going a little overboard.

At the end of the day, he's coming in and Sterling is likely to be leaving. Gerrard has gone and Milners in, Ings and Origi in, Borini, Lambert and possibly Mario out. So far I think its more a sideways move, a little more positive than negative, but is it enough to bridge the gap and get us back in the top 4?

As much as some will say they're good improvements, we're talking about Ings moving up a level, Origi moving to a new country and up a level, and of course a new league for Firmino. There will more than likely be a transition period for these players, my main concerns being Origi and Ings whilst Studge is injured/recovering.

I think Utd and Arsenal will be stronger this season, as too will City, so its going to be a big achievement to get back in the CL.

I'm pretty sure we'll see another forward/ striker brought in as well. Probably one of Bacca and Rondon going by the reports.

baitman 24-06-15 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom9 (Post 3133598)
I scored one like that last night.

then you woke up and went for a dribble in the bog :D

dom9 24-06-15 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 3133600)
then you woke up and went for a dribble in the bog :D

If only. I woke up in the first aid room. :sigh:

Alex 24-06-15 10:09 AM

This really is one of those signings people on twitter go on about us NEEDING to sign.

Pleased, although have absolutely no idea of who he is :rock:

Gray 24-06-15 10:10 AM

Just signed him on FIFA :rock:

tanner 24-06-15 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger (Post 3133599)
I'm pretty sure we'll see another forward/ striker brought in as well. Probably one of Bacca and Rondon going by the reports.

That and a proper centre back and I'll feel a lot more positive.

dom9 24-06-15 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3133607)
That and a proper centre back and I'll feel a lot more positive.

I doubt it.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:16 AM


Harv 24-06-15 10:18 AM

Anyone else think Shaggy's had an absolute diamond cutter of a hard on all morning? :crackoff:

baitman 24-06-15 10:20 AM

He does have touch of arrogance and swagger about his play, not seen that since suarez.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3133591)
Its nice to feel good about a signing for once, though I do fear we're going a little overboard.

At the end of the day, he's coming in and Sterling is likely to be leaving. Gerrard has gone and Milners in, Ings and Origi in, Borini, Lambert and possibly Mario out. So far I think its more a sideways move, a little more positive than negative, but is it enough to bridge the gap and get us back in the top 4?

As much as some will say they're good improvements, we're talking about Ings moving up a level, Origi moving to a new country and up a level, and of course a new league for Firmino. There will more than likely be a transition period for these players, my main concerns being Origi and Ings whilst Studge is injured/recovering.

I think Utd and Arsenal will be stronger this season, as too will City, so its going to be a big achievement to get back in the CL.

Tbh I just didn't have any faith in us getting quality signing over the line, this is the type of player we NEEDED last summer. Everybody has been saying we can't sign top players but we can, we just need to identify them and pay for them.

I think a signing like Firmino transforms the other signings, suddenly Milner and Ings look like good signings, we have Origi coming in and possibly Clyne. Let's say Sterling, Lambert and Borini leave.

Milner > Gerrard
Firmino > Sterling
Origi > Borini
Clyne > Johnson
Ings > Lambert
Bogdan > Jones

Then we have Wisdom, Illori and Gomez in and Ibe for the whole season. Not having to deal with the Gerrard situation will be relief for Rodgers as well.

-V- 24-06-15 10:21 AM

Delighted with this, first bit of good news all year. Not like us to keep things so quiet and get it done rapidly as our transfers tend to drag on all summer. Brilliant signing, genuinely one of the best players in the Bundesliga

Patricks_Berger 24-06-15 10:21 AM

I'm properly back in to football again after this signing.

Don't normally do these but hey...


-------Firminio----Bacca-------

-----------Coutinho-----------

-------Milner-------Hendo-----

-------------Can-------------

Moreno---Sakho--Skirtle---Clyne

-----------Mignolet----------


Subs: Sturridge, Lallana, Ibe, Lucas, Illori, Wisdom, GK

That team can definately compete for top 4, win a cup and go deep in the Europa.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:21 AM


Maxiedge 24-06-15 10:22 AM

hahaha Shaggy's loving it!

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:23 AM

:haha: I've never seen him play :haha:

BobTheCharmer 24-06-15 10:23 AM

Ffs shaggy, those videos are just on a Netflix loop on my Android.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger (Post 3133617)
I'm properly back in to football again after this signing.

Don't normally do these but hey...


-------Firminio----Bacca-------

-----------Coutinho-----------

-------Milner-------Hendo-----

-------------Can-------------

Moreno---Sakho--Skirtle---Clyne

-----------Mignolet----------


Subs: Sturridge, Lallana, Ibe, Lucas, Illori, Wisdom, GK

That team can definately compete for top 4, win a cup and go deep in the Europa.

An exciting signing can revitalise me as well :D

I reckon something like Shaggy posted the other day.

------------Sturridge----------

--Coutinho --------- Firmino---

-------Milner-------Hendo-----

-------------Can-------------

Moreno---Sakho--Skirtle---Clyne

-----------Mignolet----------

baitman 24-06-15 10:26 AM

Whats his work rate like when the team doesnt have the ball, is he a grafter.

I just hope this kid is like the new suarez.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:26 AM

He'll probably turn out shit like all the others :haha::rock:

BobTheCharmer 24-06-15 10:27 AM

I look forward to playing without a dedicated defensive midfielder. Fuck them.

This is all good.

Patricks_Berger 24-06-15 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_weatherman (Post 3133625)
An exciting signing can revitalise me as well :D

I reckon something like Shaggy posted the other day.

------------Sturridge----------

--Coutinho --------- Firmino---

-------Milner-------Hendo-----

-------------Can-------------

Moreno---Sakho--Skirtle---Clyne

-----------Mignolet----------


I think that Milner - Hendo - Can midfield trio could be awesome for us. Three big physical lads, but mobile, loads of energy and running, and of course each of them a wonderful technician!

What I like about Firmino is that he is a "real 9 and a 1/2" ala Sturridge and that Uruguayan dude.

We're gonna play with two 9 and 1/2's again :rock::rock::rock:

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger (Post 3133630)
I think that Milner - Hendo - Can midfield trio could be awesome for us. Three big physical lads, but mobile, loads of energy and running, and of course each of them a wonderful technician!

What I like about Firmino is that he is a "real 9 and a 1/2" ala Sturridge and that Uruguayan dude.

We're gonna play with two 9 and 1/2's again :rock::rock::rock:

:haha: He doesn't 1/2 talk some shit does Brendan :D

Carras_Shin_Pads 24-06-15 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133499)
I can't believe it :haha::rock:

Here's 30+ glorious pages on Red Cafe where United fans cream themselves silly over Firmino since March 2014 and all along assume he will be signing for them. LOL.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-firmino.390739/

That makes for fantastic reading!

Exiled_red 24-06-15 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133627)
He'll probably turn out shit like all the others :haha::rock:

Even if he does at least he has a cool name to strike fear into the opposition :haha:

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carras_Shin_Pads (Post 3133634)
That makes for fantastic reading!

And actually highlights how good a season Firmino had 2013/2014, it was very good, but what is missing from there stats pack that he makes tackles and interceptions on par with central midfielders like Henderson and Milner.

cream 24-06-15 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2919

Maxiedge 24-06-15 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133621)
:haha: I've never seen him play :haha:

Yeah but you can tell by the technique in those finishes...he's a class act :rock:

red g 24-06-15 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133499)
I can't believe it :haha::rock:

Here's 30+ glorious pages on Red Cafe where United fans cream themselves silly over Firmino since March 2014 and all along assume he will be signing for them. LOL.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-firmino.390739/

Very impressed with the quality of the first post great attention to detail.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxiedge (Post 3133643)
Yeah but you can tell by the technique in those finishes...he's a class act :rock:

He can really strike a ball, much better then Sterling IMO, and only three years older as well. I reckon he could even step up his game with Coutinho and someone like Sturridge.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:39 AM

Quote:

No midfielder over the past two seasons has been directly involved in more Bundesliga goals (scored & assisted) than Roberto Firmino (44).

Roberto Firmino has executed the most through balls in the Bundesliga over the past three seasons (27). So precise.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:40 AM


Paddy 24-06-15 10:41 AM

He's gonna be fucking awesome

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:41 AM

I think the posters on redcafe ascertained that he didn't come out on top when you looked at minutes, Robben got 41 in a lot fewer games and Muller wasn't counted. But still, impressive and I'm delighted.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 10:42 AM

BUT, we can't have two through balls specialists and a static striker so Benteke better not be an option now!

Alex 24-06-15 10:42 AM

Quote:

Roberto Firmino has executed the most through balls in the Bundesliga over the past three seasons (27). So precise.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...cd0a4fd0c.jpeg

We need to look at a forward who can get on the end of these through balls then. Coutinho and Firmino now. Both specialists in that.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.