est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roberto Firmino (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87707)

meffin 24-06-15 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinky Skills (Post 3133771)
:haha: It's getting changed after work tonight believe me. :D

:haha::haha:

Roboklopp 24-06-15 02:40 PM

Well, this is very unexpected & very exciting.:rock::rock:

Need put someone top alongside him so he doesnt get pissed off a la Suarez.

frank the tank 24-06-15 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3133773)
This guy could be an absolute superstar, Coutinho & Firmino pulling strings behind a fully fit Sturridge (I know) or another top quality striker (Bacca) sounds like a nightmare for defenders.

I like the movement and work rate we have in midfield, although I do worry about selling Lucas & not having an out and out DM. If we can sign a few more players e.g. fullbacks, striker & maybe a DM if we sell Lucas, some actually luck with injuries next season & we could be right up there for the 4th spot.

Surprising how one signing can really get ya a lift. Can wait to see him play & well done to the club for pulling this one off.

In reality, we were so terribly shite last year and we weren't a million miles away from 4th. For me, with luck on injuries (Sturridge), then we could have made 4th with the signings of Milner (improvement on Gerrard version 2015), Origi and Ings (surely these are improvements on Balotelli and Lambert).

It would be typical Liverpool to go and win the league the first season without Gerrard at the club (just like when Owen left to win things!). I'm not saying that we will win the league, but I think we have the potential to challenge........and our fixtures are set up to have a run-in similar to the 2013/14 season.....

With Firmino essentially replacing Sterling (assuming that is the case) then although we are all excited about the addition of him, I don't actually think he improves us that much. Although assuming he has a half-decent attitude, then he will be more of a team player and might get 1% out of the greater squad harmony.

If we were to add another one or two good players (Konoplyanka on another free, Kovacic??) then we would be in a much stronger position still.

I think the real improvement in our team next year will be the individual improvements of a lot of the players we currently have at the club. Henderson should get a little bit better and if you typically track a central midfielders like Hendersons stats, he is going to start to approach his peak. He can add goals and assists to his game. I think he will also relish the added responsibility of not having Gerrard as the boss on the pitch.

Coutinho too. He has showed flashes of brilliance over the last 2 years but around the turn of the year he really started to add consistency to his game too. If he can keep that up and build some consistency and add maybe 5 to 10 goals a season to his game, then he has the talent to challenge Hazard as the best attacking midfielder in the country.

Sakho needs to get a season where he avoids injury. The competition for places in the france team should mean that he remains focused on becoming a mainstay in their team partnering Varane. (keeping Zouma and Koscielny out of the picture). It is easy to forget that he is relatively young.

Players like Emre Can, Ibe, Moreno and Markovic - if they can settle properly into life at LFC, then we could have some very talented players there too.

And then we have young talent like Origi that will be pushing for game time too. It is all good for lfc.

For me, the potential is huge. And if even 70% of the players i mentioned above can realise their potential, then LFC could have an incredible exciting team.

It would be great if we got back to that feel-good factor of about 15 months ago.

We go again.

Mello 24-06-15 03:09 PM

I expected this to get drawn out like so many others before. This is great! Though TBH, likely to just be a quality replacement for Sterling.

danperkins 24-06-15 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank the tank (Post 3133829)
In reality, we were so terribly shite last year and we weren't a million miles away from 4th. For me, with luck on injuries (Sturridge), then we could have made 4th with the signings of Milner (improvement on Gerrard version 2015), Origi and Ings (surely these are improvements on Balotelli and Lambert).

It would be typical Liverpool to go and win the league the first season without Gerrard at the club (just like when Owen left to win things!). I'm not saying that we will win the league, but I think we have the potential to challenge........and our fixtures are set up to have a run-in similar to the 2013/14 season.....

With Firmino essentially replacing Sterling (assuming that is the case) then although we are all excited about the addition of him, I don't actually think he improves us that much. Although assuming he has a half-decent attitude, then he will be more of a team player and might get 1% out of the greater squad harmony.

If we were to add another one or two good players (Konoplyanka on another free, Kovacic??) then we would be in a much stronger position still.

I think the real improvement in our team next year will be the individual improvements of a lot of the players we currently have at the club. Henderson should get a little bit better and if you typically track a central midfielders like Hendersons stats, he is going to start to approach his peak. He can add goals and assists to his game. I think he will also relish the added responsibility of not having Gerrard as the boss on the pitch.

Coutinho too. He has showed flashes of brilliance over the last 2 years but around the turn of the year he really started to add consistency to his game too. If he can keep that up and build some consistency and add maybe 5 to 10 goals a season to his game, then he has the talent to challenge Hazard as the best attacking midfielder in the country.

Sakho needs to get a season where he avoids injury. The competition for places in the france team should mean that he remains focused on becoming a mainstay in their team partnering Varane. (keeping Zouma and Koscielny out of the picture). It is easy to forget that he is relatively young.

Players like Emre Can, Ibe, Moreno and Markovic - if they can settle properly into life at LFC, then we could have some very talented players there too.

And then we have young talent like Origi that will be pushing for game time too. It is all good for lfc.

For me, the potential is huge. And if even 70% of the players i mentioned above can realise their potential, then LFC could have an incredible exciting team.

It would be great if we got back to that feel-good factor of about 15 months ago.

We go again.

:handshake: completely agree. Last season's injuries were a disaster and in key areas too. Some bad managerial mistakes that should hopefully be learned from, accommodating Gerrard in that role, no striker, some of the new signings just not doing it & playing a lot of inexperienced youngsters. Sakho & Sturridge staying fit could be crucial to us. IMO Markovic & Lallana will be the ones who suffer, with the signings of Firmino & Milner.

Milner & Firmino are very good signings IMO, a top quality striker is a must!! I wouldn't sell Lucas, but if it happens IMO another DM would be a good idea. We just don't know how the Can/Hendo/Milner trio will do defensively. Personally I like to see Hendo away from the defensive side of the game, IMO it shackles his natural progressive game. Maybe some new full backs too, Clyne & Digne have been mentioned.

Already with the outs and the ins we are a better side IMO. A few more quality signings and I'll be bursting to see us play next season.

Slinky Skills 24-06-15 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meffin (Post 3133755)
Did you spot the Kolo cameo.. :D

:haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by meffin (Post 3133775)

Changed. :haha:

Nicey 24-06-15 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank the tank (Post 3133829)

We go again.

:handshake: Great post, completely agree and actually I don't think the start is as bad has people are making out1
1. 08.08.2015 Stoke City away - Perfect away game to set the record Straight, put an away marker down and prove a point
2 15.08.2015 Bournemouth home - Newly promoted team first home game
3 22.08.2015 Arsenal away - Anything here is a bonus
4 29.08.2015 West Ham United home - A game we should be picking up 3 points
5 12.09.2015 Manchester United away - Again anything here is a bonus
6 19.09.2015 Norwich City home - A game we should be looking to win
7 26.09.2015 Aston Villa home - Hopefully Villa get asset stripped in the summer - We owe them one
8 03.10.2015 Everton away - We usually have the better of the blues ... a point or 3 points
9 17.10.2015 Tottenham Hotspur away - Tough game
10 24.10.2015 Southampton home - 2nd season blues for the Saints and big Ron

The 2013 - 2014 Season we got off the a belter and that essentially was 6 Wins, 2 draws and 2 Loses, thats not beyond the realms of possibily here with are so called start from hell

Gazzla 24-06-15 03:55 PM

The signing of Firmino also makes the previous transfer dealings of Milner, Ings and Gomez look better as we've supplemented functional but honest hardworking players with real quality and the potential of more to come.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazzla (Post 3133855)
The signing of Firmino also makes the previous transfer dealings of Milner, Ings and Gomez look better as we've supplemented functional but honest hardworking players with real quality and the potential of more to come.

:handshake: One more and all is forgiven :D

Paddy 24-06-15 04:07 PM

I think the one thing everyone wanted was to replace the terrible backup, with good backup players, which in turn we could then add the real quality, the game changing/winning quality that a top player from defence to attack can provide. 2 more of those after Firmino please.

Nicey 24-06-15 04:08 PM

Now we just need to start to see some players leave also ..

danperkins 24-06-15 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False9 (Post 3133864)
Now we just need to start to see some players leave also ..

:handshake: no doubts there will be a fair few leaving.

Roboklopp 24-06-15 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinky Skills (Post 3133836)

Changed. :haha:

Top work Slinks. :D

Yozza 24-06-15 04:32 PM

http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...sa-Pereira.jpg

Nice hats...

Vermilion 24-06-15 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 3133750)
i will wait until he does it in a red shirt against manure or the chavs. skills tho :rock:

btw, there are about 200 balls in the bushes behind the basketball net.

McDermotX 24-06-15 04:40 PM

Won't be long angling for that Real/Barca move.......

Like the rest of 'em :crackoff:

Good for a side like us though if he did, it'd show he was doing the business.

Paddy 24-06-15 04:40 PM

I feel we are being harsh on him by only having his surname in the thread title.

tanner 24-06-15 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozza (Post 3133873)

He's got hairy hands

baitman 24-06-15 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3133865)
:handshake: no doubts there will be a fair few leaving.

it wont be a :taxi: to the airport, more of a minibus :wave:

el matador 24-06-15 04:51 PM

the story doing the rounds is that the transfer committee wanted to buy him last summer but rodgers signed lallana instead.

he might turn out to be brilliant but its yet another player who plays best in the 10 position. Interestingly coutinho plays the no. 10 role for brasil and firmino has started as the lone striker ahead of him.

Vermilion 24-06-15 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanner (Post 3133887)
He's got hairy hands

Hairy tattoos ?

Definitely not gloves anyway. :)

baitman 24-06-15 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el matador (Post 3133890)
the story doing the rounds is that the transfer committee wanted to buy him last summer but rodgers signed lallana instead.

he might turn out to be brilliant but its yet another player who plays best in the 10 position. Interestingly coutinho plays the no. 10 role for brasil and firmino has started as the lone striker ahead of him.

i could see firmy and cout both playing as tens behind a main striker. firmino seems to like to run from deeper. this will leave the front man and the two tens to press when we dont have the ball and a midfield three [hendo, milner and can] to be able to cover the midfield. the defence is less exposed, we have men forward for a quick break or turnover and recover the ball with other supporting players up alongside.
piece of piss this. rodgers out.

Paddy 24-06-15 04:57 PM

Maybe those rumours of two German based players being brought in on De Boers request is true....

el matador 24-06-15 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 3133897)
i could see firmy and cout both playing as tens behind a main striker. firmino seems to like to run from deeper. this will leave the front man and the two tens to press when we dont have the ball and a midfield three [hendo, milner and can] to be able to cover the midfield. the defence is less exposed, we have men forward for a quick break or turnover and recover the ball with other supporting players up alongside.
piece of piss this. rodgers out.

if rodgers has a choice of firmino or lallana for a place in attack he's not going to pick firmino.

Shaggy 24-06-15 05:02 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIRv-o5UsAAjTuJ.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIRv_KvUMAAFvxZ.jpg

Yozza 24-06-15 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133898)
Maybe those rumours of two German based players being brought in on De Boers request is true....

It'd surely be more of a Klopp request :source:

Yozza 24-06-15 05:06 PM

No lean yet? :shake:

Paddy 24-06-15 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozza (Post 3133909)

There is a slight lean to the left in the second. Could just be shoddy camerawork though.

BrooklynRed 24-06-15 05:08 PM

rarified Ayre... :haha:

so happy with this signing! The entire LFC fanbase has had an overnight attitude adjustment, we're all in disbelief!

Chris 24-06-15 05:08 PM

:rock::rock:

Fair play to the Brazilian FA, Dunga etc for letting us do this.

baitman 24-06-15 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el matador (Post 3133904)
if rodgers has a choice of firmino or lallana for a place in attack he's not going to pick firmino.

FdB will pick the right man ;)

redmike65 24-06-15 05:08 PM

Clearly photoshopped. We've signed Charlie Austin

The_weatherman 24-06-15 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133898)

Silence from Rodgers, first team coaches sacked but not replaced, rumors about German based players and De Boer. I'm trying to ignore this all, but I'm not doing a good job of it. Even Ayre is photographed with our new marquee signing but no comment from our manager.

shanks69 24-06-15 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozza (Post 3133909)

they save the lean until in liverpool :D

Vermilion 24-06-15 05:12 PM

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllmed!

el matador 24-06-15 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_weatherman (Post 3133915)
Silence from Rodgers, first team coaches sacked but not replaced, rumors about German based players and De Boer. I'm trying to ignore this all, but I'm not doing a good job of it. Even Ayre is photographed with our new marquee signing but no comment from our manager.

even if rodgers starts the season with our opening fixtures he will do well to still be here in november.

firmino will almost certainly be our marquee signing this window and you would have thought that rodgers would be all over a such a big signing. perhaps its not a signing of his choice.

redmike65 24-06-15 05:14 PM

On July 1st there will be a big group shot of Rodgers and all the signings bar Fimino and Bacca who will still be in the Copa as they train for the final.

baitman 24-06-15 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmike65 (Post 3133922)
On July 1st there will be a big group shot of Rodgers and all the signings bar Fimino and Bacca who will still be in the Copa as they train for the final.

or there will be a group shot of rodgers and balotelli, borini, allen, lambert, etc all squeezing into the mini bus :source:

Liverpel 24-06-15 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermilion (Post 3133892)
Hairy tattoos ?

Definitely not gloves anyway. :)

Only one hand.

http://robertofirmino.com/uploads/im...4fcb0fc0a3.jpg

CJ 24-06-15 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermilion (Post 3133918)
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllmed!

A very whelming signing

Tee 24-06-15 06:06 PM

So excited about this signing! Any news yet on our annual Anfield pre season game?

Slinky Skills 24-06-15 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plod (Post 3133867)
Top work Slinks. :D

Thanks. :D:haha:

Chris 24-06-15 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 3133966)
So excited about this signing! Any news yet on our annual Anfield pre season game?

Not gonna be one mate because of the ground getting done

Norbs 24-06-15 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False9 (Post 3133458)
Roberto Firmino ● Skills & Goals ● 2015 [HD] - YouTube he does not score tap ins ... rubbing my hands

Lol at the clip around 45secs in the red and white stripey top. He looks away from the goal before tucking the ball away. Arrogance FTW!

Tee 24-06-15 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3133973)
Not gonna be one mate because of the ground getting done

:handshake: Cheers

ChrisDR1968 24-06-15 06:41 PM

So if he's another number 10 does that mean Lallana and Markovic are simply there as cover in case of injuries and substitutes for when Coutinho and Firmino get tired late on in games?

Norbs 24-06-15 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133627)
He'll probably turn out shit like all the others :haha::rock:

He'll try the no look goal against the scum but trip over like David Dunn, never to recover :haha:

Daniel 7 24-06-15 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisDR1968 (Post 3133987)
So if he's another number 10 does that mean Lallana and Markovic are simply there as cover in case of injuries and substitutes for when Coutinho and Firmino get tired late on in games?

4231 formation, Firmino and Markovic either side of Coutinho, behind the striker. Milner and Henderson the two behind, swapping in Can and Lucas.

Norbs 24-06-15 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3133675)
Loves a no look goal. You just know he's going to fall arse over head trying one for us.

Ah balls, I should've read the thread before posting :haha:

Norbs 24-06-15 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel 7 (Post 3133990)
4231 formation, Firmino and Markovic either side of Coutinho, behind the striker. Milner and Henderson the two behind, swapping in Can and Lucas.

Is he good enough for Sturridge to want to get off the treatment table? :stir:

rodo 24-06-15 06:50 PM

Well I`m buzzing about this never saw him play at all but he is clearly gonna rip the league apart :rock:

Daniel 7 24-06-15 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3133992)
Is he good enough for Sturridge to want to get off the treatment table? :stir:

:D

I hope so! I still think he's an elite level striker, its such a shame he's made of breadsticks!

vlahka 24-06-15 06:58 PM

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com.../giphy-112.gif

G 24-06-15 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3133991)
Ah balls, I should've read the thread before posting :haha:

Great minds Norbs:D

G 24-06-15 07:00 PM

Delighted with this but fuck me that kit is woeful!

Bender 24-06-15 07:03 PM

I Like this Photoshop version
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIR_--bWgAAnajD.png

rodo 24-06-15 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 3134001)

is right :rock::rock::rock:

red g 24-06-15 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3133998)
Delighted with this but fuck me that kit is woeful!

you worry about any player that needs his year of birth on his fingers as a reminder!

G 24-06-15 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red g (Post 3134006)
you worry about any player that needs his year of birth on his fingers as a reminder!

:haha: new owner for the nickname trigger!

CJ 24-06-15 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 3134001)

Is that your gate?