est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Everton (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=77263)

Angryred 01-09-11 11:39 AM

Everton

If I was a true blue, I'd be shitting in my pants come January as the likes of Leyton Baines, Slyvian Distin, Phil Jagielka will be handing in transfer requests while Everton go into freefall.
They were lucky to win at Blackburn as they won't get many out of jail cards this season, not without Arteta there though!

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 01-09-11 11:44 AM

Have they managed to hang onto moyes? I heard he was ready to walk.

PTP 01-09-11 11:45 AM

yup they are in the shit it would appear..

they should have lost to blackburn....very lucky to get away with 3 points.

they have no strikers now :haha: well other than saha who is good but injury prone, and some random argie no-ones heard off

But it's ok because they've signed Drenthe :haha:

Before they sold arterta i said they'd do well to finish top 10....

PTP 01-09-11 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 2073220)
Have they managed to hang onto moyes? I heard he was ready to walk.

Moyes is a shitbag - he hasn't got the bottle to walk imo

Neil Young 01-09-11 11:51 AM

It's a pity the situation they seem to be in. Obviously I wouldn't want them to be too strong, financially or in any other way, but with our experience of what it's like to have the club teetering on the edge of disaster, then I think we can be sympathetic towards Everton fans.

Of course they won't appreciate it but that's their problem. And with luck it will simply infuriate them more. :D

dww 01-09-11 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTP (Post 2073223)
Moyes is a shitbag - he hasn't got the bottle to walk imo

He's got nowhere to go really. Ideally he would need a club of a similar stature and squad strength but better finances but where do you find one of those? I guess if Villa sacked McLeish ....

I think Everton are still better than many other teams in the division and did okay without Arteta for a lot of last season. Still they are clearly on the decline.

Shaggy 01-09-11 11:53 AM

No sympathy whatsoever. In some of our darkest times recently, an Evertonian who I worked with and lives near me never passed up an opportunity to rub my nose in it and positively rejoiced in our misery. I know a lot of Bluenoses were exactly the same. So fuck them.

Roboklopp 01-09-11 11:57 AM

Aye, it's hilarious. I'd be happy to see them teetering on the brink, lurching from crisis to crisis, but never going under for a long , long time.

Neil Young 01-09-11 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2073232)
No sympathy whatsoever. In some of our darkest times recently, an Evertonian who I worked with and lives near me never passed up an opportunity to rub my nose in it and positively rejoiced in our misery. I know a lot of Bluenoses were exactly the same. So fuck them.

:haha:

Yeah but in my plan you can take the moral high ground, get them even more worried and piss them off at the same time. :rock:

PTP 01-09-11 12:04 PM

Quote:

totally 100% agree - i said it another thread were i was laughing at them for some reason :D

the amount of shit and fla i've taken from everton fans the last few years, and not just friendly banter amaongst friends but utter horrible cunts who hate liverpool more than they support everton - to them i say

Fuck you :haha: - i hope you get relegated....because i'd fucking piss myself laughing

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 01-09-11 12:28 PM

:haha: hope they go down and then we raid them for their best players on the cheap

Gaz 01-09-11 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 2073279)
:haha: hope they go down and then we raid them for their best players on the cheap

Trouble is none of their best players would get into our team, although a few of my deluded mates believe Phil Neville and Baines would stroll into our first eleven :crackoff:

JohnDoe 01-09-11 01:55 PM

I feel sorry for them.

Like fuck I do, fuck them. Right in the arse.

Still remember the stick they gave us just 12 months ago. Hope they go bankrupt and sell their best players. Top class players like Cahill and Jagielka.

*snigger*

The_weatherman 01-09-11 02:16 PM

:haha: Neil, you and your moral highground can shove it by the looks of things :D

Exiled_red 01-09-11 02:20 PM

Quote:

:handshake:

Exiled_red 01-09-11 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz (Post 2073376)
Trouble is none of their best players would get into our team, although a few of my deluded mates believe Phil Neville and Baines would stroll into our first eleven :crackoff:

In fairness Baines would have until we signed Enrique. But Neville :haha: :haha: :rash:

Leyton388 01-09-11 02:22 PM

Fuck em leave them too it. I hope they go down and sink faster than a fat man in a swimming pool. They took the piss when we were in the shit now it has backfired on them as shit for brains runs their club.

Angryred 01-09-11 02:36 PM

If they do get relegated, it would finish them off as I can see them going wayward like Sheffield Wednesday or Leeds...

Cormack74 01-09-11 02:44 PM

Bizarrely the bitters I heard on the radio this morning thought that selling Arteta was the right thing to do.

If selling one of your best players, not having the time (or possibly inclination) to replace him and using the money to pay off yet more debt is a good thing then I clearly know very little about football.

Exiled_red 01-09-11 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormack74 (Post 2073431)
Bizarrely the bitters I heard on the radio this morning thought that selling Arteta was the right thing to do.

If selling one of your best players, not having the time (or possibly inclination) to replace him and using the money to pay off yet more debt is a good thing then I clearly know very little about football.

I guess if they had to sell one of their best players Arteta is probably the one you'd sacrifice given his recent injury record. But certainly having to sell your best players is never a good position to be in.

Cormack74 01-09-11 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 2073433)
I guess if they had to sell one of their best players Arteta is probably the one you'd sacrifice given his recent injury record. But certainly having to sell your best players is never a good position to be in.

Agreed.

It was the combination of the lateness of the deal allowing no time for a replacement and the fact that they would probably never see the money re-invested anyway that I thought would be discussed but it barely got a mention.

Exiled_red 01-09-11 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormack74 (Post 2073436)
Agreed.

It was the combination of the lateness of the deal allowing no time for a replacement and the fact that they would probably never see the money re-invested anyway that I thought would be discussed but it barely got a mention.

To be honest I wasn't surprised that Everton sold one of their best players, and did it so late in the window. From what I've heard they needed to sell someone to pay off the banks so this was always going to happen, doing it so late in the window gives Kenwright an easy way out.

Most Everton fans I know hate him, so were probably resigned to this a while ago. I suspect Everton fans were happy that it was only one of their best players they had to let go of, and argueably the easiest to replace. I'd imagine that this summer has been much better for them than most fans would have predicted at the end of last season, so I'd imagine that at least partly explains why they weren't so angry.

RichC 01-09-11 02:58 PM

they must be so close to the brink financially it's almost not funny.

If they actually went down from the PL I struggle to see how on earth they'd ever get themselves back up again and as someone said earlier could and probably would go the way of Leeds and Wednesday.

If their fans could take any positives from their current situation I suppose it would be they have good reason to live up to their nickname :D

PTP 01-09-11 03:19 PM

i'd agree that 'off the pitch' it's prob the best move

reports were they had to sell and needed anywhere between 10m and 20m to keep going.

Out of their saleable assets

baines
Jaigelka
Rodwell
Arteta

they wanted rodwell gone for 20m, but it never came as his form and early promise dipped.....and out of the other three, he'd be the least important.

for me the bigger worry is their fowards....they are completley fucked up top

from wiki - this is their list of forwards...

Saha - good player but terrible injury problems - do well to get 20+ games from him

Magay Gueye - who?? signed last year made a few sub appearences and a couple starts - Shite

Aposolos Vellios - WHO? 19 yr old greek, signed in jan...3 appearences...SHITE

Ah....Victor Anichebe - Been at everton through the ranks...Made his debut 5 years ago and has played 97 times....scoring 7.....Dirk Kuyt has famously scored more goals at Goodison park than him :haha: - SHITE!!!

Denis Stracqualursi - WHO :confused: just signed on loan...pug ugly footballer who has played for no-one of note, and scored a few goals for them - bound to be shite.

Jose BAxter - youngster...played 7 games since his debut in 2008 - no goals....shite

Shaggy 01-09-11 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTP (Post 2073459)

for me the bigger worry is their fowards....they are completley fucked up top

from wiki - this is their list of forwards...

Saha - good player but terrible injury problems - do well to get 20+ games from him

Magay Gueye - who?? signed last year made a few sub appearences and a couple starts - Shite

Ah....Victor Anichebe - Been at everton through the ranks...Made his debut 5 years ago and has played 97 times....scoring 7.....Dirk Kuyt has famously scored more goals at Goodison park than him :haha: - SHITE!!!

Denis Stracqualursi - WHO :confused: just signed on loan...pug ugly footballer who has played for no-one of note, and scored a few goals for them - bound to be shite.

Jose BAxter - youngster...played 7 games since his debut in 2008 - no goals....shite

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Imy 01-09-11 03:24 PM

They'll probably stick Cahill upfront.

It'd be well funny if they were relegated, but with Blackburn, Swansea, Norwich and QPR not looking that good i doubt it.

PTP 01-09-11 03:29 PM

Anichebe is their most 'senior' forward with 91 appearences for the club :haha: :haha: :haha:

Some more stats to laugh at....

Saha - 79 games 26 goals
Gueye - 5 games 0 Goals
Vellios - 3 games 0 goals
Anichebe - 91 games 7 goals
Baxter - 7 games 0 goals
Stracqualursi - New signing (played 38 games and scored 21 goals last season for fuck knows who in the what league?)

In total - Evertons 6 senior strikers on their books (according to wiki)

Have a total of 185 appearences

AND

33 GOALS

:haha: :haha: Surely that can't be right

saj 01-09-11 03:33 PM

that young player they have looks pretty good

PTP 01-09-11 03:35 PM

has any team ever anywhere....been in a position with so little quality up front...

even if we are generous...and make goal scoring super star hero Tim Cahill a forward....His stats are

196 games and 54 goals

gives us a new combined total of....

381 games

AND

84 goals

Between 7 players :haha: :haha: :rock: -

So if i am right....one of those 7 players....will score one goal about every 5 games

:D

Red_Polo 01-09-11 03:38 PM

...and that's assuming they're all on the pitch for each of those games :haha:

Diabolical.

PTP 01-09-11 03:45 PM

Ok...Ok.....right...this is getting serious now....

From Wiki - Everton Football Club have 25 outfield players listed as their first team squad...

Those 25 players have scored a total of 168 goals for Everton in fuck knows how many appearences

JohnDoe 01-09-11 03:57 PM

Quote:

That name is amazing. I wasn't aware of him, we should sign him for that alone.

Aposolos Vellios. Makes Ricardo Quaresma sound like Joe Smith.

Darkon 01-09-11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTP (Post 2073464)
Anichebe is their most 'senior' forward with 91 appearences for the club :haha: :haha: :haha:

Some more stats to laugh at....

Saha - 79 games 26 goals
Gueye - 5 games 0 Goals
Vellios - 3 games 0 goals
Anichebe - 91 games 7 goals
Baxter - 7 games 0 goals
Stracqualursi - New signing (played 38 games and scored 21 goals last season for fuck knows who in the what league?)

In total - Evertons 6 senior strikers on their books (according to wiki)

Have a total of 185 appearences

AND

33 GOALS

:haha: :haha: Surely that can't be right

he was joint top scorer in the argentian premier division (or whatever it's called) so that's quite decent!

The_weatherman 01-09-11 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkon (Post 2073483)
he was joint top scorer in the argentian premier division (or whatever it's called) so that's quite decent!

Didn't Leicester reject him after a trial?

Shanks 01-09-11 04:14 PM

They'll be fine..

Arteta has gone but they managed without him for a long time and did ok... and there will always be three worse clubs in this league, for them to stay up..

john316 01-09-11 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saj (Post 2073466)
that young player they have looks pretty good

I think they are expecting Ross Barkley to play about 4 different roles - a lot of pressure on a 17 y/o who'll be playing for a top team in 18 months....

Exiled_red 01-09-11 04:25 PM

Quote:

Out of their saleable assets

baines
Jaigelka
Rodwell
Arteta

You forgot Fellaini - a player my Everton supporting mate claims is the best midfielder in Europe :haha:

Exiled_red 01-09-11 04:27 PM

Also, how the hell has Saha played 79 games for them :jaw:

PTP 01-09-11 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkon (Post 2073483)

Whoopy de dooo :D :crackoff:

PTP 01-09-11 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 2073496)
Also, how the hell has Saha played 79 games for them :jaw:

i reckon it must be a hell of a lot of sub appearances in there.