est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Fernando Torres (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=74530)

Pablo 08-03-11 09:25 AM

Fernando Torres

I know it hurts guys, but lets not be petty, give it a watch, there's some beauties in here:

Stole from littledavehedgehog

foresterbloke 08-03-11 10:31 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :crackoff::crackoff::crackoff::crackoff:

PTP 08-03-11 10:38 AM

rumour doing the round that torres failed his chelsea medical but abramovich pushed it through anyway :haha:

dom9 08-03-11 10:42 AM

Very good. I was expecting bloopers and the like.

spud_gun 08-03-11 10:53 AM

We know he'll come good at some point. Until that point I'm going to enjoy every Chavski game that he doesn't score it.

A couple of weeks back the media would have had you believe that after a ropey couple of games for the Chavs he was getting back tot he player that he was during his first 18 months with us. I still can't see it. Not that I'm complaining.

McDermotX 08-03-11 10:56 AM

The lads finished. He'll be at Reading within a year.

Maybe not though

Pablo 08-03-11 10:58 AM

His body language is worse than it was for us. Sulking, lazy, moaning, no tracking back.

I think he's lost his love for the game.

Possible problems at home.

He's an absolute world class player, but something's clearly wrong, his hearts not in it right now.

spud_gun 08-03-11 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo1981 (Post 1915204)
His body language is worse than it was for us. Sulking, lazy, moaning, no tracking back.

He's an absolute world class player, but something's clearly wrong, his hearts not in it right now.

It must be something fairly deep rooted. For the last couple of years we've had to listen to the various excuses of he's not fit, the behind the scenes turmoil is affecting him and the team, the sale of our best players if affecting him, the quality of our team is just not good enough.

He moves to the Chavs and by general consensus is said to be he's as fit as he's been for over a year yet he's still not performing. He can't use the behind the scenes turmoil, poor squad or sale of best players excuse.

Skrtelmania 08-03-11 11:20 AM

Apparently the Chelsea fans were singing 'Fuck your history we've got Torres' last night v Blackpool. :haha::haha::rolleyes:

Vermilion 08-03-11 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTP (Post 1915190)
rumour doing the round that torres failed his chelsea medical but abramovich pushed it through anyway :haha:

Oooh that's a good one, think i'll push this one along a bit with a couple of well placed e-mails.

mwwahhahhahahahah http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/remake/spiteful.gif

Buzzo 08-03-11 11:31 AM

Quote:

:haha: This post needs more speculation!

Torres has been off his football for a while. The only bit off form he showed was in Jan when he tried to get his move. Had a bad World Cup and was poor for most of last season. Long may it continue.

Pablo 08-03-11 11:34 AM

We're free to speculate now as he's no longer our player.

Est loophole FTW! :rock:

Pablo 08-03-11 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDermotX (Post 1915203)
The lads finished. He'll be at Reading within a year.

Maybe not though

That just reminded of his first hattrick for us he scored against them in the League Cup :sigh:

Tee 08-03-11 11:40 AM

That is just a blank video? WTF?! :haha: :haha:

Neil Young 08-03-11 11:41 AM

whoosh

Alex 08-03-11 11:46 AM

http://www.bannedinhollywood.com/wp-...e1-588x440.jpg

Pablo 08-03-11 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 1915241)

Oh dear Tee :haha:

Icon 08-03-11 12:33 PM

It was more exciting than some of his last games for us...

kop-al-74 08-03-11 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTP (Post 1915190)

A very good lawyer friend of mine has confirmed this as true,he does some legal work for them.He also tells me that Terry may be in a bit of bother again,he has an injunction but may not be water tight.Something about youth team players.:source:

Tee 08-03-11 12:47 PM

50m is a massive wedge, no matter how rich you are that is going to hurt. :haha:

dom9 08-03-11 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop-al-74 (Post 1915289)
A very good lawyer friend of mine has confirmed this as true,he does some legal work for them.He also tells me that Terry may be in a bit of bother again,he has an injunction but may not be water tight.Something about youth team players.:source:

There's nothing quite like client confidentiality and professional integrity is there?

Neil Young 08-03-11 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kop-al-74 (Post 1915289)
He also tells me that Terry may be in a bit of bother again,he has an injunction but may not be water tight.Something about youth team players.:source:

Not more shootings I hope.

lfcred 08-03-11 01:06 PM

I couldnt believe it when he went to chelsea! I think he is clearly homesick and wants to go back to spain! I dont think he will be there for long!!!

magicalbarnes 08-03-11 01:17 PM

Im seriousley glad we got rid of him for 50m. Iv got a feeling that like Fowler & Owen his best days were pre 25.

Im not sure whether its his desire, or maybe even his injuries are worst than first expected.

Either way he's not the same player. Chelsea have gambled 50m on him returning to his 2007-2009 form, but i honestly think we wont see that player again.

A brilliant bit of business swapping him for two younger & hungrier strikers.

dom9 08-03-11 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalbarnes (Post 1915331)
Im seriousley glad we got rid of him for 50m. Iv got a feeling that like Fowler & Owen his best days were pre 25.

Im not sure whether its his desire, or maybe even his injuries are worst than first expected.

Either way he's not the same player. Chelsea have gambled 50m on him returning to his 2007-2009 form, but i honestly think we wont see that player again.

A brilliant bit of business swapping him for two younger & hungrier strikers.

I'm sure this was posted ages ago? :confused:

magicalbarnes 08-03-11 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom9 (Post 1915338)
I'm sure this was posted ages ago? :confused:

i posted it in the 'Weekend Football (Mar 5th ->)' thread, but i thought it was relevant so just copied it into this thread also.

dom9 08-03-11 01:31 PM

I see. :D :handshake:

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 08-03-11 01:40 PM

I was saying to a couple of ppl that if he doesn't score against blackpool, he'll never score. :D hope he turns out to be a bigger flop than the shevchenko guy

Molby 08-03-11 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 1915367)
I was saying to a couple of ppl that if he doesn't score against blackpool, he'll never score. :D hope he turns out to be a bigger flop than the shevchenko guy

:haha: :haha: :handshake: :handshake:

He's bound to be due a knee injury shortly???

Cormack74 08-03-11 02:21 PM

Quote:

He used to look like that playing for Athletico and I'm starting to think that's the person he truly is on the pitch.

Maybe the short time with us when he looked up for it in the first year was his peak in terms of appearing like he actually enjoyed football.

Pablo 08-03-11 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormack74 (Post 1915422)
Maybe the short time with us when he looked up for it in the first year was his peak in terms of appearing like he actually enjoyed football.

It might have been when he first started getting hole off his missus, and now they've got a baby he's not getting it any more. :handshake:

Tee 08-03-11 03:08 PM

Did anyone else do a small puke when he ran up and hugged Terry after their first goal?

Don't think there will be another player in my lifetime who has left me as disappointed and let down as Nando.

But in all honesty I genuinely feel we got the better deal, absolutely convinced of it.

McDermotX 08-03-11 03:08 PM

He's a cancerous polyp on the anus of humanity.

Pablo 08-03-11 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDermotX (Post 1915477)

Harsh. I know that's how Tee comes across at first, but if you give him a bit more time he grows on you.

Hmmm on second thoughts I suppose that does sound like a cancer doesn't it :D

Tee 08-03-11 03:12 PM

:crackoff:

Fivex 08-03-11 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 1915241)

T WTF FTW

this does make sense

Pablo 08-03-11 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 1915483)

Bad joke i know :shake:, but come on tumour me here!

McDermotX 08-03-11 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDermotX (Post 1915477)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo1981 (Post 1915482)
Harsh. I know that's how Tee comes across at first, but if you give him a bit more time he grows on you.

Hmmm on second thoughts I suppose that does sound like a cancer doesn't it :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 1915483)

:haha::haha:

Pure coincidence in the time of posting,........or perceptive insight into another forum member's character ?
Take your pick. :crackoff:

wavydavy 08-03-11 07:58 PM

I expect one or two decidedly average seasons from him at Chelsea sprinkled with a few moments of genius followed by a return/loan back to Spain. Atletico, Villareal or some side of that standard. Should be getting back to fitness now but looked totally fucking useless last night. Looks about 2 stone heavier than the greyhound we signed 4 years ago. 50 mill was total fucking madness on their part and I don't subscribe to this "Only a matter of time till he's back to his best/ you don't lose what he's got" shite. I fear(don't really) for his future as a top player at domestic and particularly international level. How on earth can you walk into a Spanish squad playing like he has?

spanky 08-03-11 08:04 PM

its the fact that he now celebrates with a guy who up till recently was trying to maim him, thats what makes me sick.