est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manchester United (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=78717)

Kenneth 02-01-14 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 2805615)
My brother supports them, he reckons they'll fluke a champions league win and deprive 4th in the league the CL place next season which he hopes is us.

Bless him the I'm a little teapoted gobshite.

:haha::haha:

PTP 02-01-14 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo1981 (Post 2805611)
Scandalous that Ashley Young only has two. He's possibly worse than Bale!

or better, depending on which way you look at it :haha:

HamboCairns 02-01-14 03:08 PM

I still think any of the teams (including us) could have a meltdown.

Let's hope it's not us and that we can get some home advantage consistency and rack up the points. You never know.

G 02-01-14 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 2805619)
:haha::haha:

He might be family but he's still a bit of a bell:D

Rigadon 02-01-14 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer (Post 2805594)
nah not for me. I cheer every Utd defeat like a Liverpool win, in fact at times it gives me much more pleasure. Thats what 20odd years of them winning has done to me. In the past there have been opportunities to kill them off such as chelsea under mourinho first time round when they suddenly stopped spending and let them back in, same with City. This time, they must lose as often as possible until they have nothing left at all, not even pride. I want them ruined to within an inch of their sorry lives and then go in for the final kick to the head. That club and their pitiful excuse for supporters has caused me a lifetime of pain and anguish. In no game would I ever not want them to lose. Fuck them.

:haha: :respect:

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 2805615)
My brother supports them, he reckons they'll fluke a champions league win and deprive 4th in the league the CL place next season which he hopes is us.

Bless him the I'm a little teapoted gobshite.

:haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo1981 (Post 2805618)
I still think they're a threat for a top 4 place, they're only 5 points back. I'm still nervous about them catching us, even though I agree they look incredibly poor and will likely continue to drop points.

I don't want to give up on catching Chelsea and City, but I do think they'll both be a fair way ahead of us come the end of the season.

In fact I think the best we can realistically expect to finish is 4th now. The only real dangers I see are Man United and Spurs. I think Evertons thin squad will show in the second half of the season. Man United will hopefully not have their traditional strong end to the season, and I can see Sherwood being a tactical disaster once his honeymoon period is over.

So to summarise I think we'll get 4th just from United, so yeah I want them to lose. Every. Single. Fucking. Game.

Agree with all of that. :handshake:

baitman 02-01-14 04:54 PM

i reckon once a week they must have half a days training to try and improve their diving techniques.

has tom daley ever been seen at carrington :source:

wiw 02-01-14 05:09 PM

With a decent away record and 4 home losses its surely got to be tactics? They look very rigid in attack with players sticking to zones/areas with the exception of Rooney, yet theyre all over the place defensively, getting drawn to the ball. Its fucking great :haha:

Pablo 02-01-14 05:16 PM

Yes, I think it is his archaic footballing rigid tactics :D. The best part is that teams now go there without fear. Every single team in the league will fancy their chances of picking up points at Old Trafford now. Teams used to be beaten before kick off, but not any more. It's open season. :rock:

BigChief 02-01-14 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 2805696)
i reckon once a week they must have half a days training to try and improve their diving techniques.

Are you calling them gay as well? :jaw: No holding back there baitman. :crackoff:

baitman 02-01-14 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChief (Post 2805728)
Are you calling them gay as well? :jaw: No holding back there baitman. :crackoff:

its how we roll, man :wave:

john316 02-01-14 06:40 PM

Moyes has been saying they need to manage Rooney's groin problem. Sounds like a problem that won't be cured any time shortly!

baitman 02-01-14 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john316 (Post 2805752)
Moyes has been saying they need to manage Rooney's groin problem. Sounds like a problem that won't be cured any time shortly!

he might be trying to play mind games and scupper his chelsea transfer :chin:

Webbisatwat 02-01-14 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john316 (Post 2805752)

Manage Rooney's groin problems = Stop chasing every granny, so you're right. Won't be cured any time shortly.

ChesterDave 02-01-14 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BubbaZanetti (Post 2805550)
And there's those Brazilian twits, I mean twins... Rafael & Fabio...

Thugs. More serving of a place in jail that a football team. They cry like babies when anyone goes in hard on them but prepared to dish it out.

Scumbags

Roboklopp 02-01-14 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 2805696)

Texted that same thing to my scum mate yesterday.

Catrin 02-01-14 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 2805835)
Thugs. More serving of a place in jail that a football team. They cry like babies when anyone goes in hard on them but prepared to dish it out.

Scumbags

The one that plays on the right is a properly narky little git too. As is that shit one that plays for England. Always trying to bully and pressurise refs.

marcus50bucks 03-01-14 12:45 AM

destinydude 03-01-14 08:17 AM

BR's part was hilarious :haha::haha:

Phoenix07 03-01-14 11:35 AM

I know Dom has already posted it in the General Football thread, but here it is, as it deserves special attention.

Quote:

Daniele De Rossi has expressed his relief about turning down a move to Manchester United in favour of staying at Roma.

The Old Trafford outfit made a summer bid for the Italian international, but the Roman opted to commit his future to his hometown team.

The Corriere dello Sport is today indirectly quoting a telling statement from the 30-year-old regarding the failed move.

“Thank goodness that I didn’t move to Manchester, otherwise I would have committed suicide by now…” they claim he stated.

De Rossi is referring to the fact that his beloved Giallorossi, after some problematic campaigns, are Scudetto contenders this term.

Roma are second in the standings, five points behind a Juventus side who they will face on Sunday night.

The Stadio Olimpico outfit won their opening 10 games of the campaign and are still unbeaten. They have the best defence in Europe seeing as they have conceded just seven goals.

http://www.football-italia.net/43338...right-de-rossi

john316 03-01-14 11:51 AM

HamboCairns 03-01-14 12:55 PM

Great PR for "Moyes Boys".

BigChief 03-01-14 01:19 PM

Just need Pogba or someone to mention shit on a stick football and the circle of life will be complete. :D

Liverpel 04-01-14 12:01 AM

David Moyes has concerns over Wayne Rooney's immediate and longer term future, with the Manchester United manager admitting he must wait and see if the striker will consider signing a contract extension in the summer should they fail to qualify for the Champions League.

In the short term, Rooney's groin injury means he will miss Sunday's FA Cup game against Swansea City at Old Trafford and it could also sideline him for Tuesday evening's Capital One Cup semi-final first leg at Sunderland.

The forward has also entered the final 18 months of a reputed £300,000-a-week deal with the uncertainty about his future compounded by his being reluctant, it is understood, to enter any discussions until after the World Cup.

United's 2-1 home defeat to Tottenham Hotspur on New Year's Day left the champions 11 points behind the leaders, Arsenal, and increased doubts about their ability to finish in the top four. The champions are five points off fourth-placed Liverpool. At 28, Rooney is conscious he has only one major move left so wants to weigh his options carefully.

The Liverpudlian is enjoying one of the finest campaigns of a United career that is approaching a decade. Last season he was dropped and played out of position by Sir Alex Ferguson but Rooney has been restored to the side's focal point due to Moyes's faith in him and Robin van Persie's continuing injury problems. All of this has strengthened Rooney's position with regard to his next move and the prospect of playing for a club not in the Champions League may not be palatable.

Asked how confident Moyes would be of Rooney signing fresh terms if United did not finish in the top four, the Scot said: "Well, we would have to wait and see what [would] happen if that situation arose."

Moyes, though, believes Rooney is happy at the club. "I thought if you looked at his performances you'd have to say he's certainly playing at his best."

After the loss to Tottenham Moyes admitted that Rooney was carrying the groin injury and that he may miss matches due to it. This will now occur and the forward was pictured leaving Manchester's Bridgewater hotel holding a DVD containing the results of a scan.

While Moyes did not confirm the length of time Rooney may be out he did say that the striker will miss Swansea's visit to Old Trafford. "He's got a groin injury and won't be available for the game," said the manager, though he added that there was a chance he would be fit for Sunderland.

Van Persie, who has a thigh problem, and Ashley Young, who hurt a shoulder against Spurs, are also unavailable for Swansea, along with Phil Jones, Rafael Da Silva, Nani and Marouane Fellaini.

Young, who had a scan on Friday, suffered his injury when being challenged by Hugo Lloris. "I don't know how long it will keep him out but he won't be available on Sunday," Moyes said. "It looks as if it's bad bruising at the moment."

Moyes reiterated his belief that United should have been awarded a penalty for the incident and that the Spurs goalkeeper should have been sent off by the referee, Howard Webb. "I don't need to repeat myself again and I'm not going to continue talking about it. I make mistakes," Moyes said. "Refs can make mistakes, I have no problem with that. I will try to own up to mine and stick my hand up if I get it wrong. Sometimes it would be nice if referees did that too but if they don't it's not a big thing for me. It's their prerogative. It's up to them how they go about their business."

Moyes's priority in the January transfer window is a midfielder and he would not rule out signing a player cup-tied for the Champions League. "I think it is important, but it's not the biggest thing because obviously you've got other games to play, FA Cup ties, League Cup ties, Premier League games," he said. "But if they are available you would like them to be able to play in the Champions League as well."

Despite speculation that United could revive their interest in Chelsea's Juan Mata, Moyes refused to discuss the playmaker and it is understood that the club will not move for the Spaniard or Ross Barkley in January. "I would never talk about players at other clubs. That is my stock answer. I didn't do it in the summer and I certainly would do it now," he said.

The Scot added that he would consider taking United away for a warm weather break if possible. "We could do if we felt there is time. Sometimes it can help. If I see the right opportunity then I could look at it," Moyes said.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Chazza 04-01-14 12:03 AM

Oh Moysey Moysey.........

Quote:

Manchester United manager David Moyes sees tenure marked by £220m being wiped off stock market valuation

Manchester United manager David Moyes' failure to chase down Premier League's top four has seen the club's worth tumble by £220m in a month

Manchester United’s struggle to challenge for Champions League qualification has led to £220million being wiped off the club’s stock market valuation in a month.

United, who will be without the injured Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie and Ashley Young for Sunday’s FA Cup third-round tie against Swansea City at Old Trafford, have seen their share price on the New York Stock Exchange drop by more than 12 per cent from £10.68 to £9.36 since Dec 6 – despite the S&P 500 Index on which the club is listed enjoying a two per cent per cent overall rise in that time.

With the total valuation of the club at £1.75 billion on Dec 6, it had dropped to £1.53 billion during morning trading in New York yesterday.

The drop in the club’s value dates back to early October. Although *United’s share price rallied in late November, following the announcement of positive forecasts of annual turnover in quarterly accounts, the loss in value since early December has coincided with the team’s inability to break into the top four.

United announced a 29.1 per cent rise in revenues for the first quarter of the year, but while forecasted revenue for the full year was £420-430 million, that figure was based on the assumption that the team would finish at least third in the Premier League this season and reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

With United drawn to face Greek champions Olympiakos in the Champions League round of 16 next month, Moyes’s team appear to be on course to achieve the target of progression to the last eight.

But with Tottenham Hotspur consigning United to their fourth home league defeat of the season on New Year’s Day, the champions lie seventh, five points adrift of fourth-placed Liverpool.

Failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League would mean United missing out on at least £20 million in prize money and potentially damaging their commercial appeal.

United remain determined to add to their squad this month, however, with the club’s owners, the Glazer family, prepared to sanction moves for players identified by Moyes.

Senior figures at United also remain confident that the club can comfortably survive missing out on the Champions League next season, with sizeable funds in place for summer transfer activity.

Despite the growing gap between United and the top four, Moyes insists his team remain capable of climbing the table and challenging in the FA Cup and Capital One Cup, with a semi-final first leg against Sunderland looming on Tuesday.
“I will still keep plugging away and try to win the league games,” Moyes said. “That’s the job. It’s getting that consistency that’s really important. We have yet to find that really, albeit we won six [consecutive games] and had a defeat. I think we had four Premier League wins before the defeat [against Tottenham], but if you are only judging it on results, fine.

“But if you are judging it on performances then it would’ve been a fifth win after how we played.”

Moyes, meanwhile, confirmed that Rooney would miss the Swansea game after having a scan on a groin injury, with Van Persie still sidelined with an injured thigh.

Young will also miss the Swansea game after suffering a shoulder injury following a challenge by Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris on Wednesday.
Young has had a scan and Moyes is hopeful that the injury is just bad bruising.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...valuation.html

Shaggy 04-01-14 12:06 AM

Quote:

"I think we had four Premier League wins before the defeat [against Tottenham], but if you are only judging it on results, fine.

“But if you are judging it on performances then it would’ve been a fifth win after how we played.”
:haha::haha::rock:

Hodgsonesque.

Chris 04-01-14 12:10 AM

It's amazing he genuinely seems to think they were awesome against Spurs and just unlucky, they had a good first 5mins then looked dismal for 65mins, didnt create one chance, went 2-0 down and perked up again for little spells in the final 20mins. They were atrocious.

Rigadon 04-01-14 12:14 AM

I think the vast majority of Utd fans would happily swap Moyes for Martinez. I think all Everton fans would tell them to fuck off.

RichC 04-01-14 12:20 AM

The longer he stays in charge there the better.

Rigadon 04-01-14 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcasemore (Post 2806570)

:handshake: On one hand, enough 'success' to give Utd fans hope and to keep him in the job. On the other hand, winning fuck all and missing out on the Champions League.

topscorer 04-01-14 12:34 AM

Hopefully Rooney will be worried about being 100% for the World Cup and will refuse to play if he's not fully fit.

He should rest for a couple of months and then play the last few games when it's all but over for the Mancs to warm up for the World Cup and get himself on the transfer market.

Hopefully Moyes will refuse to sell him, he'll be pissed and play awful the start of next season and then leave for free to PSG or Monaco or something.

Meanwhile no one will want to join the Mancs next summer because they are out of the Champions League and they desperately spawn a wad of cash on over rated money chasing nobodies and then with a bit of luck Moysee can some how fluke his way to keeping them in or near the top 4 up to Christmas and win the League Cup for them to save his job through to the end of next summer before putting the final nail in the coffin with another failure to make it into the Champions League places.

Exiled_red 04-01-14 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2806565)
:haha::haha::rock:

Hodgsonesque.

:handshake: :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcasemore (Post 2806570)

:handshake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigadon (Post 2806579)
:handshake: On one hand, enough 'success' to give Utd fans hope and to keep him in the job. On the other hand, winning fuck all and missing out on the Champions League.

:handshake: What worries me is that if they do terribly he'll get the sack and they'll get someone who could do a decent job, I'm not sure how badly he can do and keep his job...

Lee 04-01-14 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topscorer (Post 2806581)
Hopefully Rooney will be worried about being 100% for the World Cup and will refuse to play if he's not fully fit.

He should rest for a couple of months and then play the last few games when it's all but over for the Mancs to warm up for the World Cup and get himself on the transfer market.

Hopefully Moyes will refuse to sell him, he'll be pissed and play awful the start of next season and then leave for free to PSG or Monaco or something.

Meanwhile no one will want to join the Mancs next summer because they are out of the Champions League and they desperately spawn a wad of cash on over rated money chasing nobodies and then with a bit of luck Moysee can some how fluke his way to keeping them in or near the top 4 up to Christmas and win the League Cup for them to save his job through to the end of next summer before putting the final nail in the coffin with another failure to make it into the Champions League places.

:haha: :handshake: :rock:

Sounds pretty good. :D

Rigadon 04-01-14 12:47 AM

So - a strong finish to the 2013/14 season, ending the season in 6th place (behind City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal with Everton in 5th). Quarter final of the Champions League, Quarter Final of the FA Cup and Semi final of the League Cup. The kind of success that Moyes has never experienced. He receives the backing of the board and his mentor. He's given £75m to spend in the summer transfer window. The downfall continues...

~LFCHistory~ 04-01-14 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 2806585)
:handshake: :haha:

:handshake:

:handshake: What worries me is that if they do terribly he'll get the sack and they'll get someone who could do a decent job, I'm not sure how badly he can do and keep his job...

If he wins either the FA or League Cup and gets to the QF of the CL then it will be difficult to sack him even if he misses out on a top 4 finish which is looking likely. It will be hilarious when he's eventually sacked but in the grand scheme of things we need Moyes in the job as long as possible so he can do as much damage as possible. Brilliant.

baitman 04-01-14 09:46 AM

some training ground footage from carrington. music by Rush :rock:

chadrtc 04-01-14 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 2806630)
some training ground footage from carrington. music by Rush :rock:

diving bloopers - YouTube

Big tune!

Shaggy 04-01-14 09:46 PM

Reece 04-01-14 09:48 PM

This is absolutely glorious :haha:

RichC 04-01-14 09:49 PM

The Moyes effect :rock: :rock:

Shaggy 04-01-14 09:49 PM

Quotes are embargoed until later but a lot of United fans, without even hearing what he's said, are tearing into Moyes. :haha: