est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manchester United (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=78717)

G 07-05-13 10:30 PM

Can't wait for the English media to trumpet Moyes as deserving that job like they did with Hodgson for us. Only difference being, unlike Purslow, I doubt their chief exec would be stupid enough to go for it

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:31 PM

It all just makes so much sense :haha:

Moyes :haha:

Might stick a quid on Rafa getting it!! :D

Chazza 07-05-13 10:31 PM

Wonder if the ink is dry on Jose's contract at Chelsea?

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:32 PM

United wouldn't suit Jose imo.

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:33 PM

Times reporting Jose wants Chelsea to buy him out of RM and wants to bring his own backroom team - Roman not having any of it.

Chazza 07-05-13 10:35 PM

Quote:

Sir Alex Ferguson considers his future as Manchester United manager
• Announcement expected soon from Old Trafford
• Players told to prepare for news shortly

Sir Alex Ferguson's future as Manchester United manager was shrouded in doubt on Tuesday evening, with sources claiming that there would be a statement about his position and that the squad had been told to expect an announcement.

Some of the United squad were at a golf day on Tuesday at Dunham Massey, where they played against members of the coaching staff and were told to prepare to receive news regarding their manager.

United's press department could not be reached to confirm or deny the story.

Since leading United to a 20th championship and the 13th of his 27-year reign at the club, the 71-year-old has offered no hint that he may end his tenure. Yet given that since he announced his retirement at the end of the 2001-2 season months ahead of the close of that campaign before performing a U-turn, Ferguson vowed to make any future decision at short notice.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...ted?CMP=twt_gu

RichC 07-05-13 10:38 PM

They'll be tied down by NYSE rules so if its true they'll have to announce it.

Kenneth 07-05-13 10:39 PM

Please let Moyes take over. Please.

Tee 07-05-13 10:39 PM

His team will be found out next season unless they spend big, so this is either a stand-off with the Glazers to back him big time this summer or he has some other issues (possibly health) that are pushing him in this direction.

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:39 PM

Spoke to two matchgoing United mates and they want/think Mourinho or Klopp and are terrified of Moyes :haha:

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:41 PM

Quote:

Dan Roan ‏@danroan
United cant be expected to respond to every rumour out there but when it comes to something as big as this the lack of clarity is telling

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:43 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJsYmsUCIAAmY7f.jpg:large

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:45 PM

Fuck off with Klopp. I will be so gutted. :grr:

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:46 PM

Klopp would be worrying huh.

Not that they're actually any of our concern anymore :grr:

Alex 07-05-13 10:46 PM

I really hope it's Moyes.

G 07-05-13 10:47 PM

Klopp is on record saying he's going nowhere very recently. He wants to build a dynasty at Dortmund and he's not bothered by stars leaving "there's plenty more out there"

Neil Young 07-05-13 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 2641007)
Fuck off with Klopp. I will be so gutted. :grr:

I imagine you find something comfortingly familiar about the very sound of his name. :eyebrow:

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 2641013)
Klopp is on record saying he's going nowhere very recently. He wants to build a dynasty at Dortmund and he's not bothered by stars leaving "there's plenty more out there"

Can see him being tempted though can't you?

Reece 07-05-13 10:50 PM

Will this uncertainty be affecting their share price? I hope so.

I'll be so happy when football is finally rid of this man.

Tee 07-05-13 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2641018)

:handshake: It just sounds too good to be true though. :sigh:

G 07-05-13 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 2641016)
Can see him being tempted though can't you?

You never know . He loves it there, he's making them challenge for the top trophies and he's loved by fans and players alike. His comments after the Gotze news would lead me to think he wouldn't leave himself.

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2641018)

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I don't think it'll all come crashing down for them, though. In fact whoever goes in is IMO almost guaranteed to do pretty well, given their resources, power and influence (the latter two of which will endure after Ferguson's gone, I reckon, albeit with diminishing returns). If someone else waltzes in and carries on winning everything, it ought to make Ferguson's achievements look a little less great.

RichC 07-05-13 10:52 PM

You'd imagine so

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:54 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJsbULQCQAEScPf.jpg

Neil Young 07-05-13 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2641022)
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I don't think it'll all come crashing down for them, though. In fact whoever goes in is IMO almost guaranteed to do pretty well, given their resources, power and influence (the latter two of which will endure after Ferguson's gone, I reckon, albeit with diminishing returns). If someone else waltzes in and carries on winning everything, it ought to make Ferguson's achievements look a little less great.

I agree about the power and influence. But I don't think Ferguson's reputation is in any danger of being damaged by any scenario, assuming he's not stepping down because of Operation Yewtree.

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:55 PM

Suarez will never be banned again :p

Chazza 07-05-13 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2641024)

Be stalling even more now.

Tee 07-05-13 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazza (Post 2641027)
Be stalling even more now.

Yep, and it would not surprise me if Mourinho's availability has made up Fergie's mind for him.

Alex 07-05-13 10:59 PM

Don't think Utd would go for Jose. He's far to mentally unstable.

Liverpel 07-05-13 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2640966)
Please holy mother of God let it be Moyes :haha:

Please let it be Darren Ferguson.

Chazza 07-05-13 11:01 PM

Busy in Manchester this evening

Quote:

Herr transplant: Wayne Rooney confides he wants to leave Manchester United for Bayern Munich

German champions are understood to be close to sealing a 30 million deal for Old Trafford's former golden boy

Wayne Rooney has told team-mates he wants to sign for Bayern Munich this summer.

The Manchester United striker has grown increasingly frustrated with his role at Old Trafford.

And now the German Champions League finalists are believed to be close to sealing a 30million deal to add the England striker to their *star-studded line-up.

Rooney has consistently been linked with moves away from Old Trafford amid reports Sir Alex Ferguson has grown fed-up with his fitness issues.

The United manager has denied that Rooney will be sold but it now appears he accepts the England striker will leave.

And Rooney is thought to be flattered by the interest of a club which has won the Bundesliga this season and is being tipped to dominate European football for the next few years.

He is also intrigued by the prospect of working with former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola, who will take over at Bayern in the summer.

The Spaniard wants Rooney to be one of the high-profile new signings to help him put his own stamp on the Bavarian giants.

And after Rooney has played in the shadow of Robin van Persie for much of this season, United also believe that the time is now right to sell.

It had been thought that French giants PSG were favourites to prise him away from Old Trafford at the end of the season.

But they have fallen behind in the battle to capture Rooney, who made the switch to United from Everton for 24m in 2004.

There is also believed to be late interest from an elite English club keen on gatecrashing Munich’s bid.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...rooney-1874722

Imy 07-05-13 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2640966)
Please holy mother of God let it be Moyes :haha:

please let it be true he's retiring : prays :

Vermilion 07-05-13 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imy (Post 2641035)
please let it be true he's retiring : prays :

:handshake: That'll do me for starters.

Frenchie 07-05-13 11:09 PM

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...73-600-400.jpg

little dave hedgehog 07-05-13 11:16 PM

thatcher, fergie and rooney within months.

2013 :rock:

Chris 07-05-13 11:24 PM

Hopefully it's true. Couldnt really give a shit who replaces him, they wont do as good and wont have the influence he has over the sport in this country.

Vermilion 07-05-13 11:28 PM

BBC. Wednesday's gossip column.

Quote:

Sir Alex Ferguson is considering retiring as Manchester United manager before the end of the week, reports the Daily Telegraph's Mark Ogden.

The 71-year-old's future has been shrouded in doubt with the Scot understood to be giving serious consideration to ending his 26-year reign as manager.

As of Tuesday night, no statement over Ferguson's future had been issued by United.
Quote:

Is Fergie set to call it quits? Daily Express

Sir Alex Ferguson's future was the subject of intense speculation on Tuesday night as rumours circled Manchester that he is set to announce his retirement.

Manchester United players were apparently told at a golf day that the club are preparing a major announcement at the final home match of the season, against Swansea on Sunday, when they will receive the Premier League trophy.
Quote:

'Ferguson to quit' rumour rocks United - Daily Mail

Manchester United failed on Tuesday night to quell suggestions inside and outside the club that Sir Alex Ferguson is about to announce his retirement.

The speculation is also believed to have been aired among the United first-team squad.

United refused to comment on Tuesday night and, although that is not unusual, the club were not even returning calls on the matter.
Quote:

Sir Alex Ferguson 'considers his future at Manchester United' - Metro

Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United future was shrouded in mystery as rumours gathered pace that the 71-year-old is about to call time on his 26-year reign.

United held a player versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey this afternoon and the manager's future was the hot topic of conversation.

There is even a suggestion Ferguson could announce his plans as early as this weekend's home match with Swansea, where the club will be presented with their 20th Premier League title.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

Gibbo 07-05-13 11:29 PM

On a slightly related note

Quote:

@gimpolice:
A city fan has been arrested after singing "Gary Neville is a wanker, is a wanker" for 4 hours straight outside the ex footballers home.
:haha::haha::haha::rock:

Kenneth 07-05-13 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 2641031)
Don't think Utd would go for Jose. He's far to mentally unstable.

:handshake: I don't see it.

Shaggy 07-05-13 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 2641046)
On a slightly related note

:haha::haha::haha::rock:

Parody account ffs :D