est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manchester United (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=78717)

Pablo 28-05-21 11:12 AM

So long as he is their manager they will never be "back". I've said it since day one and I stand by it.

He perfectly treads the balance between being so shit they sack him and actually being good enough to win trophies and piss us all off/worry us.

They have improved, but they're still a long way off being regular contenders. They'd have been a distant third had we not had such disastrous fortunes this season for example.

That redcafe post is funny because it's so clear they want him to be the right man for the job. He's one of them. They're trying so hard to convince themselves, but deep down they know he's well below the level they need to close the gap.

Not subbing Henderson on (great record of saving pens) and leaving De Gea on (hasn't saved one since 2016), was the perfect example of this.

I still can't believe he got the job permanently, and the thought of him still being there and potentially getting a new contract is pretty hilarious :haha::rock:

Montana 28-05-21 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3716676)
So long as he is their manager they will never be "back". I've said it since day one and I stand by it.

He perfectly treads the balance between being so shit they sack him and actually being good enough to win trophies and piss us all off/worry us.

They have improved, but they're still a long way off being regular contenders. They'd have been a distant third had we not had such disastrous fortunes this season for example.

That redcafe post is funny because it's so clear they want him to be the right man for the job. He's one of them. They're trying so hard to convince themselves, but deep down they know he's well below the level they need to close the gap.

Not subbing Henderson on (great record of saving pens) and leaving De Gea on (hasn't saved one since 2016), was the perfect example of this.

I still can't believe he got the job permanently, and the thought of him still being there and potentially getting a new contract is pretty hilarious :haha::rock:

This :handshake:

Jas 28-05-21 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3716676)

I think we might have seen another Kepa moment if Ole had tried to take DeGea off.:haha::haha:

Montana 28-05-21 11:53 AM

Long may their decline / drought continue. The malaise has really set in now and it's great they can't see it.

They are going the same way as Arsenal who have now gone SEVENTEEN years without the title.

United won't win the title in the next 2 years (it'll be between LFC / City / Chelsea) and then will have to rebuild again which will put them back another 4 years at least if they get the next managerial decision wrong too.

Doesn't matter how big the club is or how much money they have. They've always had that but still suffered 2 massive droughts before of 42 years and 26 years, prior to landing Busby and Ferguson.

The bigger the club, the more the pressure the longer the drought goes on. We can testify to that.

Tribute 28-05-21 01:30 PM

Brilliant he's been given a three year contract, he isn't going to pull up trees with that squad anytime soon.

He failed miserably at Cardiff and that was his level of management.

He'll be given bucket loads of cash for transfers this summer, but I can't see them being much better next season. Cavani hit a purple patch in the last few games but he's not going to last the course of a full season. If they get Sancho or Haaland, chances are they'll get fucked off with the style of play.

He's definitely there to placate the fans and not be disruptive or too demanding of the owners. Other managers would be tearing the owners a new one by now.

My only worry in all this is our succession plan for post-Klopp and hoping we can stay well ahead of these cunts for years to come.

red g 28-05-21 01:33 PM

United will continue to be flat track bullies with Ole gunnar lose in charge. Will always be out thought when it comes to the big games and occasions.

vlahka 28-05-21 09:46 PM

Some of the stuff going through the group chat I have with local UTD friends are fairly entertaining :D

https://i.imgur.com/pEmv3rH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FmVGiWo.jpg

McDermotX 29-05-21 12:09 PM

Irishnev 05-06-21 07:39 PM

This guy supposed to be reliable for BvB

S-RED 05-06-21 07:46 PM

but, but the glazers ??? what have they ever done for us !!!

Scratch 05-06-21 08:10 PM

New strategy...protest about the Glazers so they sign big names to appease the fans. Rinse and repeat when required.

Mr Pink 06-06-21 04:08 AM

Iíd love if they signed him now for big big money... and then he snapped both his legs at the euros... and due to medical complications, had to have them amputated..

baitman 06-06-21 04:36 AM

And bit the stretcher bearers :chin:

frank the tank 06-06-21 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink (Post 3717945)
Iíd love if they signed him now for big big money... and then he snapped both his legs at the euros... and due to medical complications, had to have them amputated..

:eyebrow:

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Wouldn't it be better if he did a Hamez and decide to be a woman instead

Catrin 13-06-21 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank the tank (Post 3717947)
:eyebrow:

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Wouldn't it be better if he did a Hamez and decide to be a woman instead

Hopefully Iím not the only one who doesnít find that funny.

ChesterDave 13-06-21 12:38 AM

I read it as a way for the transfer fee to be wasted on a player without them suffering a serious injury rather than criticism/mockery of people who wish to change gender. Tone can obviously be lost online but I would like to think there was no malice intended and the lack of tone has made it sound much worse.

frank the tank 13-06-21 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 3719062)
I read it as a way for the transfer fee to be wasted on a player without them suffering a serious injury rather than criticism/mockery of people who wish to change gender. Tone can obviously be lost online but I would like to think there was no malice intended and the lack of tone has made it sound much worse.

:handshake:

No offense intended

Irishnev 27-06-21 01:17 PM

Hmmmm - I hope not

frank the tank 27-06-21 11:06 PM

We should be all over that too. I thought he was Madrid bound but did that change when Zidane fucked off??

Irishnev 28-06-21 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frank the tank (Post 3721614)
We should be all over that too. I thought he was Madrid bound but did that change when Zidane fucked off??

Yep but I think he goes to PSG and follows the Mbappe route

Tribute 28-06-21 09:32 AM

Why would any potentially world class player ever want to play for Ole...?
Can't get my head around it... unless it's literally just for the massive payday and not for football development reasons.

Angryred 28-06-21 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribute (Post 3721636)
Why would any potentially world class player ever want to play for Ole...?
Can't get my head around it... unless it's literally just for the massive payday and not for football development reasons.

Aye, just look at the Donny Van Beek situation, a tremendous player that Ole hasn't figured out how to get the best of him so he sacrifices him for a carthorse in McTominay which says a lot about his football know-how.
Bet you Klopp would know how to use him.

HamboCairns 28-06-21 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryred (Post 3721661)
Aye, just look at the Donny Van Beek situation, a tremendous player that Ole hasn't figured out how to get the best of him so he sacrifices him for a carthorse in McTominay which says a lot about his football know-how.
Bet you Klopp would know how to use him.

McTominay is not a cart horse by any standard. The cart horses in their team are Fred and Matic.

Buzzo 28-06-21 12:24 PM

Watching him for Scotland and McTominay reminds me a bit of Didi Hamann, minus the 20 a day JPS habit.

Irishnev 30-06-21 06:53 PM

Bender 30-06-21 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishnev (Post 3722265)

fcuk me it's taken utd two seasons to do this deal and still it's not done...doesn't say much about Sancho's ambition also the fact only one club was genuinely in for him makes you wonder.

Norbs 30-06-21 07:03 PM

Not been watching much of the Euros, has he featured much for England?

Bender 30-06-21 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3722267)
Not been watching much of the Euros, has he featured much for England?

not at all.

Saveloy 30-06-21 10:04 PM

I think he'll be really good for them.

A good price in the end and much less than they were quoted last year. Interesting to see if it sets a Covid market benchmark. Dembele to Barcelona feels like a similar transfer at the time. Mad to think he went for 120m

Buzzo 01-07-21 11:36 AM

Done.

SB 01-07-21 12:32 PM

Finally they got their man. Hope he’s not all that naturally.

Irishnev 01-07-21 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB (Post 3722352)
Finally they got their man. Hope heís not all that naturally.

Even at that price itís a bargain given his age and he is all that :sigh:

Harv 01-07-21 12:47 PM

never wanted him anyway...

HamboCairns 01-07-21 01:00 PM

The limiting factor is still Ole 'at the wheel' Solskjaer.

frank the tank 01-07-21 01:03 PM

can he play center back???

Bender 01-07-21 01:11 PM

Well the manager sure as hell wasn't the pulling power,either mega wages or playing footie with his mate Rashford

Kenneth 01-07-21 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishnev (Post 3722353)
Even at that price itís a bargain given his age and he is all that :sigh:

Yeah, not good.

fabinho 01-07-21 01:27 PM

If they keep adding better players to their squad, obviously they'll improve and eventually get success. We really need to start improving the squad with proper talent.

labourRed 01-07-21 01:44 PM

yeah, its a great signing - hoping he plays like Veron and Di Maria incarnate.

Jaco_Pastorious 01-07-21 03:50 PM

Cracking player whose end product has been excellent for the past three seasons and more impressive given he only turned 21 a few months ago.

Can only hope that the Ole effect counters Sancho's talent.