est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tottenham Hotspur (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53657)

MrsB 18-10-08 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Chilli (Post 1183064)
I guess Sisterstiffticket picked the wrong season to join a LFC website :crackoff:

No, if Spurs were better than us, we would hate him. :haha:

spud_gun 19-10-08 04:25 PM

Stoke 1 nil up :haha:

JohnDoe 19-10-08 06:05 PM

Spurs are going down.

TheStig 19-10-08 06:07 PM

:haha:

Laz 19-10-08 06:07 PM

They've had better days I must admit.

El Diego 19-10-08 06:14 PM

that is unbelievable they must stick with Ramos though.

Mike 19-10-08 06:15 PM

Stoke 2-1 Spurs FT

JPK 19-10-08 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFII (Post 1183091)
They should play 4-2-3-1 with Pavlyuchenko as the lone striker. Modric should play in the central attacking position behind him.

-------Lennon----Modric---Bale-----
--------------Pavlyuchenko---------

Bale wears a hairclip. He is a joke who has a nice haircut and does not fancy the rough stuff. Lennon is terrible and Pennant is even better.
Modric is with the wrong team and gets no protection.

Corluka and Woodgate look like they are in a boyband also. Compare that to Vidic, Carra, Skrtel and Terry. Jenas is a terrible leader and Huddlestone's favourite ground is The Emirites:shake: Imagine one of our players favourite ground was Goodison. Comolli should be sacked and has wasted some amount of money on posers. Giovanni and especially Bentley are two more who should be in a boyband. They are the new spice boys:handshake:

Chris 19-10-08 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diego (Post 1185008)
that is unbelievable they must stick with Ramos though.

Why must they? He's resting their best defender for early round Cup games. If we were in a relegation scrap and Rafa was resting Gerrard every week in the league so he could play against Wisla fucking Krakow in the week i'd probably feel physically sick. He's not helping himself at all, they need rid asap for me otherwise they're gone.

JohnDoe 19-10-08 06:23 PM

I agree with JPK. Too many of their players have fancy, stupid hair. Ramos should send them to the local barber and sort them out. Poofs. Especially Bentley.

JohnDoe 19-10-08 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1185015)
Why must they? He's resting their best defender for early round Cup games. If we were in a relegation scrap and Rafa was resting Gerrard every week in the league so he could play against Wisla fucking Krakow in the week i'd probably feel physically sick. He's not helping himself at all, they need rid asap for me otherwise they're gone.

King is fucked. His career will soon be over.

Sisterstiffticket 19-10-08 06:24 PM

Anyone watching?....No?....:source:.....Good......I'm outta here!

Chris 19-10-08 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoe (Post 1185020)
King is fucked. His career will soon be over.

Yet is still fine to play the Cup games, and away to Chelsea where they drew when he played. He should be playing every weekend and left out of these early round Uefa Cup and Carling Cup games. Its one of the worst managerial decisions I have ever come across.

MrsB 19-10-08 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1185021)

Oh dear, I hope you are ok, I mean as ok as possible :(

Vermilion 19-10-08 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1185021)

:haha: :haha: I feel for you mate i really do, was watching the game today and imagining how i would feel if i was a Spurs fan, fair play to you for the way you handle the situation, and coming on here too, you must be hurting inside so good on ya. :handshake:

Ps. I couldn't go on another teams site and interact as you do, i would be losing it good style with every 'humorous' comment made about my team.

MrsB 19-10-08 06:32 PM

Quote:

1824: "Woodgate, Bentley, Bent, Jenas, Dawson. The problem for Tottenham is obvious. Too many English players!"
redandblackT1899 on 606

JohnDoe 19-10-08 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1185022)
Yet is still fine to play the Cup games, and away to Chelsea where they drew when he played. He should be playing every weekend and left out of these early round Uefa Cup and Carling Cup games. Its one of the worst managerial decisions I have ever come across.

The thing is, King is not better than Woodgate or Corluka. He's extremely overrated and when you add his fitness issues, I can understand why he's not getting games for them in the league.

Their problem really isn't there. They have shit full backs, shit central midfielders, shit attacking midfielders (bar Modric) and shit strikers.

The problem is that their shit players think they're good (i.e Bentley) so they aren't fit for a relegation struggle.

They're going down.

Chris 19-10-08 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoe (Post 1185026)
The thing is, King is not better than Woodgate or Corluka.

You should go and ask that on a Spurs forum, i'd be stunned if you found 5 people who agreed with you. Its not a coincidence their best performances this season have come with him in the team.

He's not just a good defender he's pretty much their only leader.

-V- 19-10-08 06:48 PM

King is the natural leader, play him ffs
Bale is so overrated
Until the transfer window opens i guess they can't sort out their central midfield
Jenas is crap and certainly not captain material
Zakora is not a footballer, drop him ffs. Huddlestone could do a better job
Lennon is nothing more than a sub who can beat players late on in games
Modric is like a scared little girl, he wont perform in a team that can't keep the ball

:haha::haha:

JohnDoe 19-10-08 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1185030)
You should go and ask that on a Spurs forum, i'd be stunned if you found 5 people who agreed with you. Its not a coincidence their best performances this season have come with him in the team.

He's not just a good defender he's pretty much their only leader.

Spurs fans are deluded about King, which makes their opinion invalid. They think he's better than Sol Campbell.

Besides, from watching Spurs quite a bit this season (for comedy value more than anything else), their problems stem from other areas of the pitch, not CB (unless Dawson is playing).

1. Their consistently outrun, outfought and outclassed central midfield is easily the worst in the league, led by the worst and most useless football player in the universe, Jermaine Penis.

2. Their nancy boys attacking midfielders who are supposed to be "top class", Bentley, Lennon and GdS, are less effective than the worst grafters you'll see carrying chalk on their boots. Delap brings more product to the team than David Bentley.

3. Their full backs are also, amongst the worst in the league, because most of them have been brought for their attacking ability, which is irrelevant because they can't defend and consistently cause their CB's to get dragged out of their positions.

4. Their strike force is also, terrible. Darren Bent was a good striker for, you guessed it, a struggling team that got relegated, and there is no way Pavlyuchenko will manage to settle down and play well for a side in such a catastrophic state.

5. They don't have one decent ball winner in their entire squad. It's important enough for a top side to have one, but it's critical for a team struggling in the bottom of the table. They are desperate for some talentless, Lee Carsley-esque player, who never stops running, who'll kill himself on the pitch to win the ball and give a short, simple pass to Modric. That's all there is to it.

Shaggy 19-10-08 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 1185015)

Just got off the blower to my ardent Spurs mate - a staunch Ramos supporter until today - and he is fuming and wants him gone. He wants the board gone, Levy gone, Comolli gone and Ramos gone.

Craig_H 19-10-08 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 1185048)
Just got off the blower to my ardent Spurs mate - a staunch Ramos supporter until today - and he is fuming and wants him gone. He wants the board gone, Levy gone, Comolli gone and Ramos gone.

Carries on like this and Spurs themselves will be gone.

I want to ask Sisterstiffticket if those Spurs fans on that forum still think they're better than us and might steal our top four place this season. :haha:

-V- 19-10-08 07:04 PM

Corluka is not a CB thats for sure. Not that it really matters, he was taken away in an ambulance. Dawson has a 3 match ban now so they should play Woodgate and King and stick with that partnership

Craig_H 19-10-08 07:06 PM

But King can apparently only play 1 game in 3.

They've got Udinese in the Uefa this midweek, so that'll be the one in three that he plays.

Shaggy 19-10-08 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig_H (Post 1185051)
Carries on like this and Spurs themselves will be gone.

I want to ask Sisterstiffticket if those Spurs fans on that forum still think they're better than us and might steal our top four place this season. :haha:

What a season for him to choose to join this forum and for me to start this thread! :haha:

Those Spurs posters on that forum must feel, er, a tad idiotic. :D

Craig_H 19-10-08 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 1185056)
What a season for him to choose to join this forum and for me to start this thread! :haha:

Those Spurs posters on that forum must feel, er, a tad idiotic. :D

They strike me as Spurs version of fredo ;)

johnp 19-10-08 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDoe (Post 1185018)
I agree with JPK. Too many of their players have fancy, stupid hair. Ramos should send them to the local barber and sort them out. Poofs. Especially Bentley.

Joe King 19-10-08 09:36 PM

Whats the difference between Spurs and a samosa?

A samosa has three points.

I'll take my coat.

AFII 19-10-08 09:45 PM

Comolli is probably an even worse CEO than Parry, if that is possible.

I don't think he would see the difference in class between Agger and Bramble.

El Jefecito 19-10-08 09:47 PM

When Robbie Keane left wolves, they got relegated.
When Robbie Keane left Coventry, they got relegated.
When Robbie Keane left Leeds, they got relegated.
When Robbie Keane left Spurs, .......

johnp 19-10-08 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFII (Post 1185117)
Comolli is probably an even worse CEO than Parry, if that is possible.

I don't think he would see the difference in class between Agger and Bramble.

Isn't he the director of football?

AFII 19-10-08 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnp (Post 1185120)
Isn't he the director of football?

Maybe, but he decides who they sell and buy, not the manager.

johnp 19-10-08 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFII (Post 1185122)
Maybe, but he decides who they sell and buy, not the manager.

Aye, tis him alright. And Ramos is taking the flack :shake:

Red Chilli 19-10-08 09:56 PM

Still, 2 points with those players from 8 games.

Any knobhead with half a brain cell could do better than that :handshake:

Ramos looks totally disinterested and out of his depth

Reece 19-10-08 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Tover (Post 1185113)
Whats the difference between Spurs and a samosa?

A samosa has three points.

I'll take my coat.

Someone has been listening to Talk Sport..... :crackoff:

JohnDoe 19-10-08 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefecito (Post 1185119)

He better hang up his boots here then!

peekay 19-10-08 10:49 PM

I thought that Spurs were too good to go down, but after watching them today I am not so sure.

Darth Marty 19-10-08 11:40 PM

I tell you what, unbelievable! I have never been so wrong in my life, seriously, I was 100% certain that Spurs would be top 6 this year and even bet cold hard cash on it. Wow, im so fucking wrong its untrue! ha ha ha Still, could be worse, could be us!!

I think Spurs probably do need to get shot of Ramos now in order to save themselves, personally I think hes a great manager but for whatever reasons hes ballsing this right up.

Sorry Ramos, back to spain for ye.:)

Red Chilli 19-10-08 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Marty (Post 1185166)
I tell you what, unbelievable! I have never been so wrong in my life, seriously, I was 100% certain that Spurs would be top 6 this year and even bet cold hard cash on it. Wow, im so fucking wrong its untrue! ha ha ha Still, could be worse, could be us!!

I think Spurs probably do need to get shot of Ramos now in order to save themselves, personally I think hes a great manager but for whatever reasons hes ballsing this right up.

Sorry Ramos, back to spain for ye.:)

Prior to them selling Keane and Berbatov, which I didn't think they'd do especially so late in the window, I tipped them to be challenging for 4th.

:rash::rash::rash:

Seriously though, losing those strikers would devastate any team but I honestly don't know where it's gone so badly wrong for them

Craig_H 19-10-08 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Jefecito (Post 1185119)

Also, last time Hull beat Arsenal in the league...Spurs got relegated from the top flight :crackoff: