est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tottenham Hotspur (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53657)

Craig_H 17-08-08 08:51 PM

It was genuinely comedy gold. I wish i could find the site again. Someone on here linked to it but i cant remember what thread the link was posted on.

Sisterstiffticket 17-08-08 11:00 PM

Hey, come on...how can you compare the meagre 'talents' of Gerrard and Mascherano to the mighty midfield generals of Huddleston and jenas? Honestly, you scousers know nothing!:shake:

Yes, of course I am!:haha:

Rich 17-08-08 11:03 PM

:haha: Agreed

Sisterstiffticket 17-08-08 11:03 PM

Oh, in response to your question Matt, Keano will get a great reception back at the lane.

As long as he doesn't celebrate too hard when he scores.....as he inevitably will.

As for Spurs fans being over enthusiastic about the team, well, I can only put it down to them being young and believing the media hype and never having seen us relegated as I have. So many false dawns etc...

Sisterstiffticket 17-08-08 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrrrnando (Post 1132089)
I don't care one bit about Spurs.

Clearly says...'Spurs Thread'....So why are you reading it?:crackoff:

Darth Marty 18-08-08 12:01 AM

I tell ya, you will finish 5th. You heard it here first.

bigfooty 18-08-08 12:31 AM

All depends on what Ramos spends his Berbamillions on. If you get close to 30M I could see him pinching a striker from Spain and a quality DM, 15M on each, and you might be taken more seriously.

Sisterstiffticket 18-08-08 12:46 AM

Ah, if only you were our manager bigfooty! I'm off to bed now to sleep, purchance to dream....Mmmmm fifth place...

sean_lfc 19-08-08 12:15 AM

Just some random tit for tat I thought I'd add:

I was guest of the Match sponsor "S:Three" (dad's mate = owner, rich as FUCK) of our last game of the season last season, at White Hart Lane in the Oak Room.

Had a blinding time, was sat at the Liverpool table with another crazy mate of my dad's, Scouse Chris from Hong Kong, top top geezer, I had stayed out with him Hong Kong years ago, we had a Champagne and canapes reception at 11am, no breakfast, straight to the bevvies. Free bar, 3 course meal, suited and booted, got absolutely wasted, christ, Chris and me were falling over Granmas and whatnot, all these posh people, sat somewhere in the directors box or whatnot, can't even remember I was that pissed. We weren't even driven home in a taxi, but an executive bus which took everyone back home all over London, not that I can remember any of it :rock:

However, I have pictorial evidence that I was there, there's some Spurs legends next to me, fuck knows who they were, I do excuse my ignorance!

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7453/spa0358sl1.jpg

The_weatherman 19-08-08 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Marty (Post 1132187)
I tell ya, you will finish 5th. You heard it here first.

I think Villa will take 5th quite convincingly, then we'll see Spurs and after them maybe Everton or City. Villa might be the dark horses for 4th......hopefully not at our expense.

They have a good team, well balanced with lots of pace and brawn. If we had Agbonlahor and Young we'd be laughing. I reckon Spurs a bit too lightweight this season.

Darth Marty 19-08-08 10:29 AM

Young I agree with but Agbonlahor im unsure of.....lets see if he can remain at a high level all season eh.

The_weatherman 19-08-08 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Marty (Post 1133248)
Young I agree with but Agbonlahor im unsure of.....lets see if he can remain at a high level all season eh.

OK, maybe he needs to prove that, but I feel he has all the raw materials to be a hit.

Sisterstiffticket 19-08-08 08:39 PM

:haha:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_lfc (Post 1133107)

I was guest of the Match sponsor "S:Three" (dad's mate = owner, rich as FUCK) of our last game of the season last season, at White Hart Lane in the Oak Room.

Had a blinding time, was sat at the Liverpool table with another crazy mate of my dad's, Scouse Chris from Hong Kong, top top geezer, I had stayed out with him Hong Kong years ago, we had a Champagne and canapes reception at 11am, no breakfast, straight to the bevvies. Free bar, 3 course meal, suited and booted, got absolutely wasted, christ, Chris and me were falling over Granmas and whatnot, all these posh people, sat somewhere in the directors box or whatnot, can't even remember I was that pissed. We weren't even driven home in a taxi, but an executive bus which took everyone back home all over London, not that I can remember any of it :rock:

However, I have pictorial evidence that I was there, there's some Spurs legends next to me, fuck knows who they were, I do excuse my ignorance!

To the left as we look, I give you the man Pele once described as his most difficult opponent ever...Mr ALAN MULLERY!!!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

And on the right as we look, the one and only Spurs legendary number 9...Mr MARTIN CHIVERS :cheerleader::cheerleader:

CANT RECALL THE DRUNK IN THE MIDDLE THOUGH!:haha:

Shaggy 19-08-08 11:00 PM

Alan Mullery's a prick! :D

Shanks 19-08-08 11:15 PM

Note to self..

Don't ever post a personal pic on est

:crackoff:

red g 19-08-08 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1134042)

To the left as we look, I give you the man Pele once described as his most difficult opponent ever...Mr ALAN MULLERY!!!!!!:cheerleader::cheerleader:

And on the right as we look, the one and only Spurs legendary number 9...Mr MARTIN CHIVERS :cheerleader::cheerleader:

CANT RECALL THE DRUNK IN THE MIDDLE THOUGH!:haha:

i had a quick look ...thought it was the fa cup :)

Vermilion 19-08-08 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanks007 (Post 1134221)
Note to self..

Don't ever post a personal pic on est

Harv 20-08-08 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_lfc (Post 1133107)

:haha::haha::haha: How short is your tie man:haha::haha:

Darth Marty 20-08-08 10:49 AM

or how long is your neck?

Craig_H 20-08-08 01:06 PM

:haha: at this thread.

Vermilion 20-08-08 01:09 PM

Looks like a typical football fan to me.

Sisterstiffticket 20-08-08 08:47 PM

What's wrong with Mullers Shaggy?

Joe King 20-08-08 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1134974)
What's wrong with Mullers Shaggy?

He hates Liverpool and suffers from delusions of grandeur. He last season said Spurs would finish ahead of Liverpool as Torres wasn't top class and Berbatov was. :haha:

Sisterstiffticket 20-08-08 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Tover (Post 1135021)
He hates Liverpool and suffers from delusions of grandeur. He last season said Spurs would finish ahead of Liverpool as Torres wasn't top class and Berbatov was. :haha:

Hey, he's old. Probably senile is Alan Muggery! Wondered why he hasn't been on the pundit circuit lately.:rash:

Sisterstiffticket 20-08-08 09:33 PM

Personally, and I ain't saying this to appease anyone here, but Torres is as good as I've seen since Lineker. And like him or not, Lineker was a fantastic goalscorer. When he played for you, ity didn't matter who the opposition were, you always fely you were in with a chance. Never felt so sure about that since he left. Klinnsman possibly the exception.

But yes, Torres is that kind of player for me. Top notch and the one player I'd crawl over glass to see at Spurs.

Yes yes yes...I know it isn't going to happen but it was just a figure of speech. The geezer is the best in the country by a country mile.

Sisterstiffticket 20-08-08 09:35 PM

Anyway, Mullers is a good friend of Sean_lfc, so have some consideration for Sean, bless him.

Laz 20-08-08 10:04 PM

So, is this like a foreign exchange for the season? Who have we sent to the Spurs forum? Pacman? Please say it's Pacman!
(please please please please please) :crackoff:

Sisterstiffticket 20-08-08 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 1135069)
So, is this like a foreign exchange for the season? Who have we sent to the Spurs forum? Pacman? Please say it's Pacman!

:haha::haha::haha:..nice to meet you Laz:handshake:

Shaggy 20-08-08 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1135035)
Personally, and I ain't saying this to appease anyone here, but Torres is as good as I've seen since Lineker. And like him or not, Lineker was a fantastic goalscorer. When he played for you, ity didn't matter who the opposition were, you always fely you were in with a chance. Never felt so sure about that since he left. Klinnsman possibly the exception.

But yes, Torres is that kind of player for me. Top notch and the one player I'd crawl over glass to see at Spurs.

Yes yes yes...I know it isn't going to happen but it was just a figure of speech. The geezer is the best in the country by a country mile.

:handshake:

Nice to hear it....even though we all know it anyway.

And yeah, Lineker (Mick Channon - 'Line-acre') was a top, top centre-forward. Didn't have as much to his game as Torres has, though. Torres has got absolutely everything.

And yeah, I can't stand Mullery due to his punditry and blatant hatred of us :D

dww 20-08-08 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 1135074)
:handshake:

Nice to hear it....even though we all know it anyway.

And yeah, Lineker (Mick Channon - 'Line-acre') was a top, top centre-forward. Didn't have as much to his game as Torres has, though. Torres has got absolutely everything.

And yeah, I can't stand Mullery due to his punditry and blatant hatred of us :D

See I don't think Torres does have everything. He has all the ingredients but his control is often left wanting and he isn't creative in the way say Henry was. I think there is a chance though that if he stays with us and under Rafa he will be as good as anyone ever seen in the PL.

Shaggy 20-08-08 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dww (Post 1135122)
See I don't think Torres does have everything. He has all the ingredients but his control is often left wanting and he isn't creative in the way say Henry was. I think there is a chance though that if he stays with us and under Rafa he will be as good as anyone ever seen in the PL.

His control can be erratic at times but no-one kills every ball. For me he is the whole package - pace, strength, mobility, aerial ability, intelligent movement, a hard worker, a dribbler, and last but by no means least, a ruddy clinical finisher.

And, as you rightly point out, he can and will get better. :rock:

sean_lfc 20-08-08 11:24 PM

LoL, to the fella who mentioned the short tie, that white bit you see is my official VIP badge rofl (said that with a **** implication LOL im actually a nerd, never wear suits and would normally never be able to go to a football match like that, yet then again, it was FUCKING ACE, best seats, everything free, still can't believe it LOL :haha: )

Anyways, yes, Berbatov shit, Torres god LOL man Im zonked LOL :haha: This life...

Sisterstiffticket 21-08-08 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_lfc (Post 1135144)
LoL, to the fella who mentioned the short tie, that white bit you see is my official VIP badge rofl (said that with a **** implication LOL im actually a nerd, never wear suits and would normally never be able to go to a football match like that, yet then again, it was FUCKING ACE, best seats, everything free, still can't believe it LOL :haha: )

Anyways, yes, Berbatov shit, Torres god LOL man Im zonked LOL :haha: This life...

:confused:sean?.....Sean........................SEAN

You ok mate?:rash:

:haha::handshake:

MrMichael 21-08-08 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 1135069)

:haha: Good suggestion, but in the end we decided to send them the very best we had....... Marky

Sisterstiffticket 21-08-08 12:48 AM

:grr:Get back to work!

MrMichael 21-08-08 01:04 AM

I would if we had any fucking idea what work we're supposed to be doing and how we're supposed to be doing it. :crackoff:

Sisterstiffticket 21-08-08 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMichael (Post 1135194)
I would if we had any fucking idea what work we're supposed to be doing and how we're supposed to be doing it. :crackoff:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::rock:

Sisterstiffticket 23-08-08 04:22 PM

Spurs v Sunderland

One hour gone and we are a goal down. No confidence in the team, it's clear. But Sunderland are walking through our midfield easier than 'Boro did last week.

The nearest we have come are from 2 set pieces onto the head of Bale and Woodgate, yes, that great strike force we now have.

Doesn't help listening to it in Spanish. When we win a throw in he screams his head off!

:rash:

Reece 23-08-08 05:09 PM

Good thread this.

CISSE!

Sisterstiffticket 23-08-08 05:10 PM

:rant:Thanks reece you Panda Pumper!.:rant: