est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tottenham Hotspur (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53657)

Matt 25-08-08 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig_H (Post 1139085)
Not having a go at them, just saying there's a good bunch of them living on another planet.

No doubt theres a few living in cloud cuckoo land.

I mean, Arbeloa is the equal of Gareth Bale? I'd kill to have Bale at Liverpool :D

Sisterstiffticket 25-08-08 08:13 PM

Mumorn:
I don't see why we can't finish 4th.

We have a better team then Liverpool on paper definantly, it's all about performances now though. They always seem to have a blinding start to the season before losing to someone like Wigan or someone. I think if we have a start we could easily beat Liverpool to 4th. The thing is we have Chelsea 3rd
Yes, this made me laugh too....but Craig, if you read the answer to that particular post...

I'm not sure about that...we can't point to any world class players, and they, potentially, have three in Mascherano, Gerrard and Torres. Just look at the balance of a plain old flat four of Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and Babel.

Trust me...most of us know where we are and never seriously dream of winning the title.
This 'top four' thing has become a bit of a nonsense really. For fucks sake...finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th...where did that all come from?

Money. There's more to football than money.

As Billy Nick once famously said...'It's about the glory'...or was that Dave MacKay...

Sisterstiffticket 25-08-08 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1139089)
No doubt theres a few living in cloud cuckoo land.

I mean, Arbeloa is the equal of Gareth Bale? I'd kill to have Bale at Liverpool :D

Oh...trust me too, there's a few of you in here living on the same planet but as your uninvited guest, it would be rude to point!:rolleyes:

Matt 25-08-08 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1139091)
Oh...trust me too, there's a few of you in here living on the same planet but as your uninvited guest, it would be rude to point!:rolleyes:

We all have to have our dreams :D

Sisterstiffticket 25-08-08 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt (Post 1139093)
We all have to have our dreams :D

Very diplomatic, sir.:handshake:

Red_Polo 25-08-08 08:38 PM

A lot of people on here talk shit too. Spurs fans have never struck me as any more or less deluded than most. Newcastle are out there on their own when it comes to delusions of grandeur, let's face it.

Sisterstiffticket 25-08-08 08:48 PM

Why thanks Red. Couldn't agree more.
Remember....1981...Newcastle average home gate...6,000!

Darth Marty 26-08-08 12:15 PM

Football is all about delusions of grandeur, thats why its such a awesome part of life!

Spurs fans, and newcastle fans to be fair, have more reason than most to actually think they are on the verge of something special, i hope that continues as otherwise it really will become a dull league.

Sisterstiffticket 26-08-08 07:06 PM

:respect:Marty? I really do love you!

Darth Marty 26-08-08 07:09 PM

lets be fair (and honest) we havent won the damn thing for nigh on 20 years so im sure all othe prem clubs claim that WE have the delusions of grandeur!

Fuck them i say, we will win the league this year!!!!

Sisterstiffticket 26-08-08 07:55 PM

LOL....I hope so Marty. I truly do. But only if we don't.

Actually, I should want teams out of the top four to win the league for a change and yes, it would be great for the league.
But sometimes, my hatred of teams/clubs goes deeper than the good of football.
So...here is, in order, the teams I would like to see win the title.

Don't laugh because I know it's not going to happen but it's a good way tpo see who we hate in what order.

1. TOTTENHAM
2. HULL CITY
3. WEST BROM
4. STOKE
5. SUNDERLAND
6. WIGAN
7. ASTON VILLA
8. FULHAM
9. MIDDLESBOROUGH
10. LIVERPOOL
11. BOLTON
12. BLACKBURN
13. EVERTON
14. MAN CITY
15. NEWCASTLE
16. PORTSMOUTH
17. MANURE
18. CHAVSKI
19. WEST SHAM
20. GOONERSCUM

TOUGH...ONCE I GOT TO 11, I FOUND IT EASIER TO WORK UP FROM THE BOTTOM!

Assassin 26-08-08 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1139921)
LOL....I hope so Marty. I truly do. But only if we don't.

Actually, I should want teams out of the top four to win the league for a change and yes, it would be great for the league.
But sometimes, my hatred of teams/clubs goes deeper than the good of football.
So...here is, in order, the teams I would like to see win the title.

Don't laugh because I know it's not going to happen but it's a good way tpo see who we hate in what order.

1. TOTTENHAM
2. HULL CITY
3. WEST BROM
4. STOKE
5. SUNDERLAND
6. WIGAN
7. ASTON VILLA
8. FULHAM
9. MIDDLESBOROUGH
10. LIVERPOOL
11. BOLTON
12. BLACKBURN
13. EVERTON
14. MAN CITY
15. NEWCASTLE
16. PORTSMOUTH
17. MANURE
18. CHAVSKI
19. WEST SHAM
20. GOONERSCUM

TOUGH...ONCE I GOT TO 11, I FOUND IT EASIER TO WORK UP FROM THE BOTTOM!

So we are blessed with your company on here because you only half hate us :haha:

SK 26-08-08 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assassin (Post 1139923)
So we are blessed with your company on here because you only half hate us :haha:

bet he was banned from the sites of the clubs above us on the list, so he ended up here:crackoff:

Darth Marty 26-08-08 08:35 PM

Roman Pavlyuchenko has claimed that he is set to complete a move to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 26-year-old Russia international striker has been linked with a move to Spurs all summer.

Now it appears that the North London outfit have sealed a deal with his club Spartak Moscow.

Speaking to Uefa's Russian website, Pavlyuchenko confirmed he had not travelled with the rest of the Spartak squad for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier against Dynamo Kiev as he was finalising the details of his move to Spurs.

"I am back in Moscow and I will not play in Kiev, and I can confirm I am going to Tottenham," he told uefa.ru.

"I am waiting for a Visa and as soon as it is granted, I am ready to go to England and sign."

Pavlyuchenko revealed he was yet to discuss the move with Spurs boss Juande Ramos.

"Juande Ramos, I have not yet met, it seems like he will call me - but I know for sure he is very interested in my services," he continued.
No done deal

Spartak spokesman Eduard Nisenboim has told the Russia media that the deal is not yet signed.

"I would prefer it if the deal was described as very close," said Nisenboim.

"At the moment the papers have not yet been signed - we have only reached a verbal agreement with the England club."

News of Tottenham's move for Pavlyuchenko will cast further doubt over Dimitar Berbatov's future at the club.

Manchester United are desperately trying to prise the Bulgarian away from Tottenham - but as yet have been unable to strike a deal.

Sisterstiffticket 26-08-08 08:38 PM

Not great but...well, it's getting desperate really. Just get shot of Berbs ffs.

Matt 26-08-08 08:39 PM

You could be getting Riera, be thankful.

Shaggy 26-08-08 09:03 PM

Pavlyuchenko looked a very good player indeed when I saw him in the qualifiers against England and in the Euros.

Laz 26-08-08 10:33 PM

And he's got a great name for the commentators to get excited about when he scores...

Pavlyu-chenk-oooooo

That probably sounds better in my head than it looks typed out. :sigh:

Rich 26-08-08 10:34 PM

Good player if you ask me, should do well in the Premiership.

Tee 27-08-08 05:18 PM

BBC reporting Spurs are also set to seal Veloso from Sporting Lisbon. Could be the midfielder they need IMO. Add Pavlychenko and Arshavin to the mix and it is quite an exciting line up for Spurs fans. Will defintely need this season to gel though IMO.

Sisterstiffticket 27-08-08 07:00 PM

So NEXT season it is then...

Well that makes a change!

redheart 28-08-08 01:34 AM

I have checked with the surviving McWhirter brother and you officially have the longest neck in the world.

Congratulations :handshake::cheerleader:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_lfc (Post 1133107)
Just some random tit for tat I thought I'd add:

I was guest of the Match sponsor "S:Three" (dad's mate = owner, rich as FUCK) of our last game of the season last season, at White Hart Lane in the Oak Room.

Had a blinding time, was sat at the Liverpool table with another crazy mate of my dad's, Scouse Chris from Hong Kong, top top geezer, I had stayed out with him Hong Kong years ago, we had a Champagne and canapes reception at 11am, no breakfast, straight to the bevvies. Free bar, 3 course meal, suited and booted, got absolutely wasted, christ, Chris and me were falling over Granmas and whatnot, all these posh people, sat somewhere in the directors box or whatnot, can't even remember I was that pissed. We weren't even driven home in a taxi, but an executive bus which took everyone back home all over London, not that I can remember any of it :rock:

However, I have pictorial evidence that I was there, there's some Spurs legends next to me, fuck knows who they were, I do excuse my ignorance!

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7453/spa0358sl1.jpg

MrMichael 29-08-08 02:32 AM

lol, just seen this on the bbc's rumour roundup from yesterday

Quote:

Although they have revived their interest in Zenit St Petersburg's Andrei Arshavin, Spurs had explored the possibility of signing Wigan striker Emile Heskey, as well as Juventus' Italy international Vincenzo Iaquinta. (Independent)
:haha: :point:

Sisterstiffticket 29-08-08 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMichael (Post 1142282)
lol, just seen this on the bbc's rumour roundup from yesterday

:haha: :point:

:jaw:Ramos...:rash:?

Oh...nice use of my sig Mike:grr:

bigfooty 29-08-08 08:22 AM

Ramos likes a big striker though doesn't he? I know Kanoute has got a good touch but Seville always seemed to be at their best when Alves was bombing down the wing and crossing it for the big man.

Darth Marty 29-08-08 05:22 PM

he needs to watch heskey a bit more then!

Harv 30-08-08 03:09 PM

Veloso would be a great pick up for Spurs if they get him, just the type of CM they need

Jayesh87 30-08-08 04:01 PM

Balague saying Spurs want Diego Milito and Garcia from Espanyol

Sisterstiffticket 30-08-08 04:11 PM

Yeah....anyone, for christs sake...ANYONE!:respect:

wiw 30-08-08 05:02 PM

chelsea tomorrow mate..fancy your chances? :D

Sisterstiffticket 30-08-08 08:49 PM

Is that a laugh you accidentally put at the end of that question Wiw? Erm, yes. I do fancy our chances actually. Of getting absolutely stuffed!

No, seriously, I think it will be a good result for us. A draw at least. No....absolutely serious.

Chavski aint loo....i'll stop there actually. Don't want it coming back to haunt me!

wiw 30-08-08 08:55 PM

cheeky grin more than anything :D where is it again your place or theirs? I think you could pull a draw out the bag y'know..depends though..their 4 CM's if they're all playing could walk all over you

Jayesh87 30-08-08 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1143425)
Is that a laugh you accidentally put at the end of that question Wiw? Erm, yes. I do fancy our chances actually. Of getting absolutely stuffed!

No, seriously, I think it will be a good result for us. A draw at least. No....absolutely serious.

Chavski aint loo....i'll stop there actually. Don't want it coming back to haunt me!

You guys have no chance imo as you don't have a holding midfielder to break play up, Chelsea will just cut through you....

:handshake:

Sisterstiffticket 30-08-08 08:57 PM

At the bridge Wiw. Wiw...have a look at your avatar mate. Got it? Well, That's OUR plan!:rock:

Sisterstiffticket 30-08-08 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Milkman (Post 1143431)
You guys have no chance imo as you don't have a holding midfielder to break play up, Chelsea will just cut through you....

:handshake:

Ahh, you talk a good game Milkman but...can you deliver?:haha:

Whats a defensive midfielder?:jaw:

wiw 30-08-08 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1143432)
At the bridge Wiw. Wiw...have a look at your avatar mate. Got it? Well, That's OUR plan!:rock:

:haha: no different from last week then? :crackoff:

ooo at the bridge...players should be up for it at least..you never know

Sisterstiffticket 30-08-08 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiw (Post 1143435)
:haha: no different from last week then? :crackoff:

ooo at the bridge...players should be up for it at least..you never know

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Reaper 30-08-08 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1143432)

If your boys aspire to be like him you have no hope Sis

Sisterstiffticket 30-08-08 09:03 PM

Hi Reap...I was just thinking ...I love Boris Johnson. He plays football like he plays politics!

Jayesh87 30-08-08 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisterstiffticket (Post 1143434)
Ahh, you talk a good game Milkman but...can you deliver?:haha:

Whats a defensive midfielder?:jaw:

Zakora or is that a right back nowadays :crackoff:

Just imagine Lamps, Deco, Essien, Ballack all making runs into the box witht he likes of JJ and Modric tracking em :shake: :shake: