est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Title Race 18/19 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=90255)

Buzzo 07-05-19 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5europeancups (Post 3554979)
what a bunch of doomsters!

Brighton will be up to create a shock. Its at their place, and the last game of the season.

All runs have to come to an end. Why not on Sunday? THey have scraped through the last few games without looking amazing, there are tired legs in that team and players will be a little over confident.

I wouldn't put it past Brighton to shock them.

It wont be over until the 95th minute of Sunday afternoon. Remember City pinching the league at the last. Why not Liverpool? I reckon its written in the stars.
Positivity!

:rock:

Yozza 07-05-19 02:11 PM

You much as mention FFP to a City fan & you immediately get accused of sour grapes

Maybe it is but still doesn't take away from the fact that you are a bunch of systematic cheating bastards!

danperkins 07-05-19 02:16 PM

The problem most teams have against City is that they can't get the ball & when they do get the ball, they cannot retain it as City hunt the ball down. If you aren't a team comfortable in possession... then you inevitably lose it and are constantly under pressure. Brighton are a shit side, lets call a spade a spade. The only chance they have of scoring is a set piece but they have to get up the pitch to get one.

Everything has fell City's way and if you sit back vs City.. they will eventually score & unfortunately Brighton will do this. Most teams that take the game to them seem to have more joy as City just aren't used to it. The only thing Brighton can do is be as physical as possible, try get the ball up top and get corners and free kicks. I expect nothing.

Buzzo 07-05-19 02:25 PM

We have nothing to lose. So we have to go for it (kind of the same as tonight) if we can get a couple of early goals then we will have done our job and will have to hope this transfers to City. They will feel pressure for sure and have not been playing as well recently.

It’s not much of a chance but it is a chance.

Early goal for City and it’s done.

danperkins 07-05-19 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3555008)
We have nothing to lose. So we have to go for it (kind of the same as tonight) if we can get a couple of early goals then we will have done our job and will have to hope this transfers to City. They will feel pressure for sure and have not been playing as well recently.

Itís not much of a chance but it is a chance.

Early goal for City and itís done.

:handshake: this is my concern, they willl go hell for leather the first 15 like they have so many times this season and score. Game is done then.

Pablo 07-05-19 03:02 PM

Early goal for us and early goal for Brighton and we really would pile the pressure on them.

Unfortunately they haven't gone behind in a league game since December 8th against Chelsea! :jaw::shake:

It shows though that if it does happen to them it will be a shock, and something they're not used to.

Les Zeffelin 07-05-19 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5europeancups (Post 3554979)
what a bunch of doomsters!

Brighton will be up to create a shock. Its at their place, and the last game of the season.

All runs have to come to an end. Why not on Sunday? THey have scraped through the last few games without looking amazing, there are tired legs in that team and players will be a little over confident.

I wouldn't put it past Brighton to shock them.

It wont be over until the 95th minute of Sunday afternoon. Remember City pinching the league at the last. Why not Liverpool? I reckon its written in the stars.
Positivity!

:handshake: First beat Wolves. Then see what happens. The pressure is on them, it's for them to lose.
The stars is where it's at. :rock:

Rafa Justice 07-05-19 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3555025)
Early goal for us and early goal for Brighton and we really would pile the pressure on them.

Unfortunately they haven't gone behind in a league game since December 8th against Chelsea! :jaw::shake:

It shows though that if it does happen to them it will be a shock, and something they're not used to.

I assume you mean they haven't conceded the first goal.

Kenneth 07-05-19 03:03 PM

Early goal for Brighton would be as bad, give us hope before the inevitable city goal fest that would follow.

Exiled_red 07-05-19 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3554973)
I'm gutted, there aren't many things I want to see in the remainder of my life more than us winning the league again, and it hurts that we have come so close but are seemingly still going to miss out. The idea of looking at the details of each game or projecting anger at refs, opponents etc, it's all too petty for me, it's just 100% disappointment and endless sad faces.

:handshake:

Buzzo 07-05-19 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3555028)
Early goal for Brighton would be as bad, give us hope before the inevitable city goal fest that would follow.

Better than early goal for City though eh?

ĎWith hope in our heartsí.

Exiled_red 07-05-19 03:15 PM

Personally I would prefer the City game to stay 0-0 for a long time and Brighton to get a late goal. An early goal for Brighton puts city in a position where they have nothing to lose (if we are doing our job) and gives them longer to respond.

Kenneth 07-05-19 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3555035)
Better than early goal for City though eh?

‘With hope in our hearts’.

Maybe not. City score first, think it's in the bag and start planning the trophy lifting order and go through the motions, Brighton get a corner on 90 mins and boom, 1-1. :rock:

frank the tank 07-05-19 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3554888)
You're right, you don't. You need more. 101 last season and 99 this season if you wanted to topple City.

You can laugh but what logic is there to think you won't need similar next season too?

In reality if City are that top top team for the next 3 or 4 years, then you are correct. We could be brilliant ourselves and not win the premier league.

I think we have been lucky with injuries for most of the season. And I also think that going out of the fa cup and league cup early has helped us get this many points in the league.

I do think that Klopp has got to grips with the premier league in a big way too. In reality our improvement has been in our defence. There is nothing that suggests to me that we won't be just as good next season defensively - but I do think that Fabinho might get even better and protect the back 4 even more.

Looking at City, I think it will be difficult for them to sustain it over 3, 4 or 5 seasons. I think Kompany leadership will be a loss. I think Silva and Aguero are brilliant players for them but they may have peaked too. I think there will be question marks over whether KDB can play a full season without breaking down with injuries. And although they will spend loads of money again, there are no guarantees that they will spend it wisely. In reality the 65m they spunked on Mahrez looks like it was a waste.

I think we just have to go again. I love watching Liverpool right now. And I think this team is about on chapter 2 of an epic book - that's just getting really good. There is so much to be positive about and I think Klopp will add more to the team and we will go again strong.

Vermilion 07-05-19 03:22 PM

We will smash Barca and we will win the title on the last day.

It's going to be fuckin great!

and before anyone asks, yes, i am smoking something!

Norbs 07-05-19 03:46 PM

Del

Norbs 07-05-19 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3555037)
Personally I would prefer the City game to stay 0-0 for a long time and Brighton to get a late goal. An early goal for Brighton puts city in a position where they have nothing to lose (if we are doing our job) and gives them longer to respond.

Personally, I'd prefer us to be 4 up at half time and City to be down to 9 men and 4 down.

Still wouldn't be able to relax though :D

Exiled_red 07-05-19 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3555048)
Personally, I'd prefer us to be 4 up at half time and City to be down to 9 men and 4 down.

Still wouldn't be able to relax though :D

:handshake: You are right, that would be infinitely preferable, unfortunately I don't think it's very likely :sigh:

Tribute 07-05-19 04:11 PM

We need to get off to a flyer against Wolves in the first instance. Pointless speculating about the Brighton v City scoreline if we're being nullified by Neves and the like...

Ideally we'll be two goals to the good by half-time and Wolves running on empty... then I'll be able to see what the seagulls are up to... following that Abu Dhabi trawler...

Buzzo 07-05-19 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3555040)
Maybe not. City score first, think it's in the bag and start planning the trophy lifting order and go through the motions, Brighton get a corner on 90 mins and boom, 1-1. :rock:

That would be outstanding!

:rock:

Rafa Justice 07-05-19 04:15 PM

Anyone watching on Sky Q?

Will you be using split screen to keep an eye on both games?

RedReet 07-05-19 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafa Justice (Post 3555061)
Anyone watching on Sky Q?

Will you be using split screen to keep an eye on both games?

Can you do that? Is it always enabled or specifically set up for last day?

I was hoping to go to match but tickets fell through, but at least that's one advantage of watching in bar, I'll be able to keep an eye on City match.

Went to last game against Newcastle in 2014 and just set watching live score on phone even though I knew West Ham had no chance of beating City. It was utterly depressing.

Rafa Justice 07-05-19 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedReet (Post 3555065)
Can you do that? Is it always enabled or specifically set up for last day?

I was hoping to go to match but tickets fell through, but at least that's one advantage of watching in bar, I'll be able to keep an eye on City match.

Went to last game against Newcastle in 2014 and just set watching live score on phone even though I knew West Ham had no chance of beating City. It was utterly depressing.

You have to have Sky Q and sports subs obvs. If you go onto Sky Sports Main Event (401) and press the red button, a split screen option should appear on the right hand menu. It's always available, only on the main box though, not mini boxes.

RedReet 07-05-19 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafa Justice (Post 3555080)
You have to have Sky Q and sports subs obvs. If you go onto Sky Sports Main Event (401) and press the red button, a split screen option should appear on the right hand menu. It's always available, only on the main box though, not mini boxes.

spud_gun 07-05-19 10:04 PM

Play the reserves.on Sunday!!!

Gingawaria 07-05-19 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spud_gun (Post 3555489)
Play the reserves.on Sunday!!!

Fuck that...if we can do that to Barcelona, Brighton can get a point against City.

RedAndWhite 07-05-19 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gingawaria (Post 3555494)
Fuck that...if we can do that to Barcelona, Brighton can get a point against City.

Brighton arent a better team than City. Over two legs we proved we ARE a better team than Barcelona.

But fuck it - ITS ON :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Norbs 07-05-19 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3553180)
I've just cancelled my Madrid booking, hoping it jumps up and bites me in the arse

Best anti-mock ever. The ultimate sacrifice!

Fredo 07-05-19 10:36 PM

It's on isn't it.

baitman 08-05-19 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3555548)
Best anti-mock ever. The ultimate sacrifice!

Its all down to you, Man... we owe you Bro :hug:

Fuzzy 08-05-19 01:57 AM

I don't know what to expect anymore, because the stuff that keeps on happening to this club isn't normal. Gerrard at Olympiacos wasn't normal, Istanbul even less so. Gerrard against WHU in the FA Cup, Gerrard slipping, Lovren against Dortmund, the handball defeat to Seville, Karius final, overcoming a 3-0 defeat to Barca to advance into the CL final, none of that is even remotely normal football stuff. It's like someone writing unrealistic scripts for cheesy movies.

Right now relatively normal would be beating Wolves but still coming second (although 97 points for second place is insane), and then winning the CL final against one of the good, but objectively inferior teams - and again not many people thought we'd get there after the first leg. But is it still reasonable to expect that, given that crazy seems more likely to happen to us than the normal? Are we gonna win the fuckin league, or the double after a week of total abyss?? Are we gonna draw to Wolves while City lose to Brighton, and lose the final to Spurs through some gut-wrenching career-wrecking VVD own goal?

I can't fuckin tell anymore. But right now I'm excited as fuck.

baitman 08-05-19 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3555845)
I don't know what to expect anymore, because the stuff that keeps on happening to this club isn't normal. Gerrard at Olympiacos wasn't normal, Istanbul even less so. Gerrard against WHU in the FA Cup, Gerrard slipping, Lovren against Dortmund, the handball defeat to Seville, Karius final, overcoming a 3-0 defeat to Barca to advance into the CL final, none of that is even remotely normal football stuff. It's like someone writing unrealistic scripts for cheesy movies.

Right now relatively normal would be beating Wolves but still coming second (although 97 points for second place is insane), and then winning the CL final against one of the good, but objectively inferior teams - and again not many people thought we'd get there after the first leg. But is it still reasonable to expect that, given that crazy seems more likely to happen to us than the normal? Are we gonna win the fuckin league, or the double after a week of total abyss?? Are we gonna draw to Wolves while City lose to Brighton, and lose the final to Spurs through some gut-wrenching career-wrecking VVD own goal?

:haha: Its bonkers, but what a ride :rock:

McDermotX 08-05-19 02:16 AM

I'll tell you......this team. Some shower of bottlers :crackoff:

Pablo 08-05-19 08:33 AM

Man City will have watched that again and thought fuck me what a team. I know we can't impact them directly anymore but we must be completely in their heads all the time.

I'm just preying they go a down down at some point as I honestly think the unrelenting pressure of knowing we're right behind them will tell.

I know it's a long shot and we're relying on a pretty crap team, but after last night the team deserve our belief!

Roboklopp 08-05-19 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy (Post 3555845)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3555933)
Man City will have watched that again and thought fuck me what a team. I know we can't impact them directly anymore but we must be completely in their heads all the time.

I'm just preying they go a down down at some point as I honestly think the unrelenting pressure of knowing we're right behind them will tell.

I know it's a long shot and we're relying on a pretty crap team, but after last night the team deserve our belief!

These. :rock:

Fredo 08-05-19 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3555933)

They will still have enormous pressure to make sure they don't slip up against Brighton. We've dealt with our pressure and are in the final, and they're not... Damn right we are in their heads. We need to believe and do our job until there is nothing else to do. The Weekend should be a celebration no matter what happens.

Roboklopp 08-05-19 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3555938)
They will still have enormous pressure to make sure they don't slip up against Brighton. We've dealt with our pressure and are in the final, and they're not... Damn right we are in their heads. We need to believe and do our job until there is nothing else to do. The Weekend should be a celebration no matter what happens.

Aye.

Vermilion 08-05-19 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3555608)
It's on isn't it.

https://media.tenor.com/images/3ae02...5f39/tenor.gif

Pablo 08-05-19 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3555938)

It definitely will be now! I think had we gone out last night there would have been a few supporters heads down even if we'd beaten Wolves. Not now! We have a European Cup final to look forward to!

Let's hammer Wolves, get Mo top scorer again, and regardless of the City result give these lads the standing ovation they deserve!

dizzycat 08-05-19 08:59 AM

Brighton should be inspired by last night to create their own bit of football magic. The eyes of the world will be on them and fame awaits the winning goal scorer!!