est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Title Race 18/19 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=90255)

Red_Polo 19-03-19 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3542779)
Torres, Suarez, Salah and Gerrard all played in that game. Mad eh.

Nuts. Imagine all of those turning out for us at the same time. Or just a Rafa onwards selected team. Mouthwatering.

Suarez Torres Salah
Gerrard
Mascherano Alonso
Robbo VVD Hyypia TAA
Alisson

Subs: Reina, Carra, Arbeloa, Hamann, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino

:jizz: :jizz:

RedReet 19-03-19 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liverpool (Post 3542780)
Can anyone name the Chelsea keeper for our last league victory over them at Anfield?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe79 (Post 3542784)
Turnbull

Torres and Sturridge were up front for Chelsea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3542788)
Yep, was going to post the same thing

I was going to say Hilario, but he was on the bench that day. Always make that same mistake. :o

RedReet 19-03-19 04:39 PM

I didn't realise our record was that bad at home against them in the league.

A good hammering is long overdue.

rodo 19-03-19 10:28 PM

tottenham first boys

ChesterDave 19-03-19 11:35 PM

If we beat Spurs they will be 18 points behind us with 21 to play for. Shows that they were nowhere near title challengers to be so far behind a team that is 'bottling it'

The_weatherman 20-03-19 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodo (Post 3542813)
tottenham first boys

I have a very bad feeling about Spurs actually.

Norbs 20-03-19 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_weatherman (Post 3542841)
I have a very bad feeling about Spurs actually.

Welcome to Bob's world :D

Pablo 20-03-19 10:16 AM

The Spurs game is really annoying.

They should be safe in third. With no chance real of the title, but also with no real risk of missing out on top 4.

Unfortunately Spurs have done a Spurs and now they have a real fight on to stay in the top 4. They badly need at least a point from this game. Twats.

foresterbloke 20-03-19 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3542849)
The Spurs game is really annoying.

They should be safe in third. With no chance real of the title, but also with no real risk of missing out on top 4.

Unfortunately Spurs have done a Spurs and now they have a real fight on to stay in the top 4. They badly need at least a point from this game. Twats.

I'd rather they had something to play for than nothing to lose. More tension and pressure on them so they can Spurs it up.

Nicey 20-03-19 10:42 AM

They are a good team and fighting for everything they can ... they wont be coming to Anfield looking for a point for sure

frank the tank 20-03-19 10:49 AM

And hopefully that will play into our hands...... i think if spurs go for the win, which they will - then we are more likely to find space and get in for chances.

Kane is obviously a brilliant player for them. But it is interesting that they just got into a rhythm when he and Alli were out - with Eriksen stepping up and Son really coming to the fore. It will be interesting to see what happens with them in the summer. Because Poch will likely stay in my opinion (unless Saint Ole has a car crash end to the season and they bomb him out) but he will want to make signings. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold Kane for stupid money and went to build a new attack.

Getting back to our game with them, it will be interesting to see what midfield Klopp puts out. Fabinho, Gini and either Keita / Lallana / Shaqiri for me please. I think if we have 3 of Fab, Gini, Hendo, Milner - then it might not be attacking enough.

The crowd should be electric - and if we win this game then we will start to believe that we can win all remaining games.

danperkins 20-03-19 04:39 PM

Spurs are very capable or giving us a real game. It's a pity they have dropped so much and now are under serious pressure from Arsenal, United and Chelsea for the Champs league spots... they need to win. Chelsea annoy me so much, largely shite for the season but always seem to give us a tough game. Watch Hazard have a worldie ffs.

Nervous excitement leading up to games & arse in the pit of stomach watching games.

Nicey 20-03-19 04:49 PM

City's Cardiff game has now been confirmed 04/04 Just after their trip to Fulham and just 72 hours before their Semi Final FA Cup game, in April they will play 9 games .....we just have to hold our nerve

danperkins 20-03-19 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicey (Post 3542937)
City's Cardiff game has now been confirmed 04/04 Just after their trip to Fulham and just 72 hours before their Semi Final FA Cup game, in April they will play 9 games .....we just have to hold our nerve

It's a brutal run of fixtures, honestly if they are successful in that run then fair fucks to them. Surely they will drop points, I mean they've looked leggy recently and lucked out something desperate in several games... there has to be a point when they burn out even with a squad of that standard.

Pepe79 20-03-19 05:53 PM

Everyone is assuming that any slip ups in that run of fixtures will come in the league fixtures.

It could well just be a CL or FA cup game/s that suffers the effects of their schedule.

Shaggy 20-03-19 07:03 PM

Yes Trent! :haha:

spud_gun 20-03-19 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe79 (Post 3542952)
Everyone is assuming that any slip ups in that run of fixtures will come in the league fixtures.

It could well just be a CL or FA cup game/s that suffers the effects of their schedule.

If Pep doesn't win the Champions League with Citeh then his time there will be judged as a relative failure.

Much like at Bayern.

If it comes to it he'll rotate in the league / FA Cup before the CL

Norbs 20-03-19 08:07 PM

Spurs must be in a quandary, the CL is in touching distance but 4th is essential

memzey 20-03-19 08:54 PM

Their season reminds me a bit of us in 2005. I have a sneaky that they will go all the way in the CL.

Pepe79 20-03-19 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memzey (Post 3542990)
Their season reminds me a bit of us in 2005. I have a sneaky that they will go all the way in the CL.

:haha: when we got 58 points in the league?

if Citys season was anything remotely like ours in 2005, wed now be just 3 wins away from beating Spurs to the title! :D

Peter_Griffin 20-03-19 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe79 (Post 3543008)
:haha: when we got 58 points in the league?

if Citys season was anything remotely like ours in 2005, wed now be just 3 wins away from beating Spurs to the title! :D

Spurs mate :handshake:

Pepe79 20-03-19 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_Griffin (Post 3543014)
Spurs mate :handshake:

Ah, ffs! :haha:

memzey 20-03-19 11:25 PM

Yeah spurs lol! It’s the way they barely scraped the group with a run of results at the end, a further confidence building result in the round of 16 plus a league campaign that is crumbling. It’s just so reminiscent of us in 2005 I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them in the final and winning it.

topscorer 21-03-19 01:25 AM

I wouldn't mind beating them in the final. It would be a fine way to seal the double.

Norbs 21-03-19 07:11 AM

I think we'll have to beat City ultimately as they have the beating of Spurs, Ajax and Juve

greenturnip 21-03-19 01:35 PM

This is defeatist/treacherous thinking...but I could handle a noble exit to Barcelona in the semi. What I coudln't handle is an exit to Yernited....So come on Barca!

Assassin 21-03-19 02:06 PM

FWIW I think Spurs will roll Citeh over

Tee 21-03-19 02:42 PM

This will go down to the last day, and you know what? Even if we miss out I am backing us to come back even stronger next season and win it.

Red_Polo 21-03-19 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 3543188)
This will go down to the last day, and you know what? Even if we miss out I am backing us to come back even stronger next season and win it.

That's the spirit :rock:

Got to enjoy the ride in the knowledge that whatever happens, this is not a freak season, we're not going away and will be challenging again next season. Hopefully to defend our title and look for a 20th. :jizz:

SB 22-03-19 12:21 PM

Quote:

Im as nervous as but bring it on.

Buzzo 22-03-19 12:30 PM

Quote:

:handshake:

Accepting that we 'might' miss out is the only way to truly enjoy the run in. Its sport, anything can happen. We have put ourselves in a great position to get across the line.

Norbs 22-03-19 11:18 PM

Go fuck yourself Rooney. CBA to find the story

Rafa Justice 23-03-19 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3543473)
Go fuck yourself Rooney. CBA to find the story

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...be-a-nightmare

Fucking fat bastard.

As an aside, he was in the radio the other day and said that he's spoken to a number of the so called 'Golden Generation' and they're bewildered at the current England team's success. Pricks lol

Phoenix07 23-03-19 10:26 AM

I can't see anything wrong in what Rooney said.

It's the same way in that it'd be a nightmare for me if England win the Euros or the World Cup.

SB 23-03-19 11:23 AM

Yeah the muppet is saying exactly the same that we would say if it was Spurs & ManU

Les Zeffelin 23-03-19 11:34 AM

So Wayne can't bare the thought of us winning the league?

Good, I wouldn't want it any other way.

brightred 23-03-19 08:08 PM

Cant wait for next weekend. I hate international football. Very hard to give a shit.

Frenchie 23-03-19 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightred (Post 3543558)
Cant wait for next weekend. I hate international football. Very hard to give a shit.

me too:

Norbs 29-03-19 09:24 PM

Seems a fucking age since we last played.

How has City's squad faired?

RedReet 29-03-19 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3544480)
Seems a fucking age since we last played.

How has City's squad faired?

Both teams full strength apparently. Best man wins at this stage.

(Although Mendy and Kompany didn't travel apparently, but no different than Ox and Gomez being fit)