est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Coronavirus and Football (Plus all Sport in General) (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=90918)

Alex 12-03-20 08:40 AM

Coronavirus and Football (Plus all Sport in General)
 
Thought we would start this as a way to keep the convo in one place. :handshake:

spud_gun 12-03-20 08:42 AM

Can we have a Coronavirus and Sport thread as well?

Looks as though it's now inevitable that all sports for the foreseeable are going to be decimated

rodo 12-03-20 09:14 AM

would rather fuck the euro`s off and postpone the season for a bit than playing it behind closed doors the thought of winning the league watching on a stream is something i could really not be arsed with

rodo 12-03-20 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 3621252)
Thought we would start this as a way to keep the convo in one place. :handshake:

the irony of a handshake :shake::D

cream 12-03-20 10:14 AM

Might not be relevant but NBA has been suspended and the US has stopped all flights from mainland europe. Can definitely see European being suspended befire long.

Alex 12-03-20 10:17 AM

Im going to pin this now. Its too significant.

Fivex 12-03-20 10:18 AM

Fancy unpinning the Player of the season 2017/8 thread? :crackoff:

Pablo 12-03-20 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fivex (Post 3621281)
Fancy unpinning the Player of the season 2017/8 thread? :crackoff:

I didn't even notice that was still pinned :haha:

Alex 12-03-20 10:53 AM

Ha. Neither did I. On top of it here.

Fierce 12-03-20 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodo (Post 3621263)
the irony of a handshake :shake::D

:D:D:D :handshake:

Pablo 12-03-20 11:00 AM

Actually can we ban the handshake emoji on here please :eyebrow:

Shaggy 12-03-20 11:48 AM


baitman 12-03-20 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3621304)

Looks like we got out at the right time.

BigChief 12-03-20 12:09 PM

Fantastic, I mean not fantastic obviously. But we kind of half expected this. Adrian's feck ups will soon mean feck all in the grand scheme of the CL. Wonder how gutted Simeone will be? :haha:

Just need to be awarded number 19 though. :(

Pablo 12-03-20 12:21 PM

La Liga suspended now too!

Feels like only a matter of time before the Premier League follows suit. Unbelievable :shake:

Alex 12-03-20 12:44 PM

This is all completely mental.

Kenneth 12-03-20 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3621293)
Actually can we ban the handshake emoji on here please :eyebrow:

:haha:

labourRed 12-03-20 12:53 PM

I think all PL should be behind closed doors until the end of the season.

I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen before the weekend tbh.

Alex 12-03-20 12:55 PM

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...RrrJ1RFJ3.html

Mclaren withdrawn from the Aussie GP.

Reece 12-03-20 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by labourRed (Post 3621331)
I think all PL should be behind closed doors until the end of the season.

I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen before the weekend tbh.

I also think it should be too. But I also think it's inevitable, as we're seeing in other countries, that a player will test positive and at that point it'll just be suspended.

Alex 12-03-20 01:04 PM

Whats the point playing the games without the fans though. Suspend the season and just get it done. Resume in a few months and shift the forthcoming seasons to compensate.

Shaggy 12-03-20 01:04 PM

I know this is a lot more important than Liverpool winning the league, :haha: but we used to joke that if and when Liverpool were ever on the brink of winning the league again, a meteor would strike earth, or nuclear war would break out or some other mad shit. It's more or less happening. It defies belief.

Pablo 12-03-20 01:05 PM

Is it wrong and selfish that the thought of us not winning the title before its suspended/cancelled makes me sick to the stomach? I know there's far more important things than football, but it's still an absolute sickener after waiting 30 years :sigh:

Kenneth 12-03-20 01:06 PM

How many dead pensioners is a league title worth? :chin: Definitely more than one :haha::shake:

Pablo 12-03-20 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3621341)
How many dead pensioners is a league title worth? :erm: Definitely more than one :chin::shake:

I'm not sure I should answer that :D

UEFA reviewing postponing the Champions League now too.

The whole lot is going to be postponed. Inevitable.

Shaggy 12-03-20 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3621340)
Is it wrong and selfish that the thought of us not winning the title before its suspended/cancelled makes me sick to the stomach? I know there's far more important things than football, but it's still an absolute sickener after waiting 30 years :sigh:

:handshake::sigh:

Pablo 12-03-20 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3621343)
:handshake::sigh:

Don't try and shake hands with me you f*cking idiot! :D

Alex 12-03-20 01:20 PM

Thats two guys bumping elbows. Always has been :elbump:

spud_gun 12-03-20 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3621304)

We should have done that at 6pm last night

Buzzo 12-03-20 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 3621338)
Whats the point playing the games without the fans though. Suspend the season and just get it done. Resume in a few months and shift the forthcoming seasons to compensate.

:handshake:

S-RED 12-03-20 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex (Post 3621338)
Whats the point playing the games without the fans though. Suspend the season and just get it done. Resume in a few months and shift the forthcoming seasons to compensate.


can that work with transfers, etc. So clubs are banned from signing anyone until this seasonn is completed & then there is reduced time between this & next season !?! What a mess

S-RED 12-03-20 02:04 PM

here it comes:

Jason Burt, the chief football correspondent of the Telegraph, reports that a Premier League club is carrying out coronavirus tests after three players displayed symptoms.

S-RED 12-03-20 02:04 PM

https://twitter.com/JBurtTelegraph/s...all%2F51848720

cannotmakeit 12-03-20 02:04 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e_iOSApp_Other

Buzzo 12-03-20 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S-RED (Post 3621366)
can that work with transfers, etc. So clubs are banned from signing anyone until this seasonn is completed & then there is reduced time between this & next season !?! What a mess

Yep, cancel the Euros (is anyone really all that bothered?) and amend or bin off the cups. For example have the domestic cups next season not feature teams who qualify for Europe to allow for more free midweeks.

Run like this for a couple of seasons once we are through this.

We should just shut the season down to be started at a later date. There were only 8 new cases of Coronavirus confirmed in Wuhan yesterday, so we are looking at, say, a 6 week break.

S-RED 12-03-20 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3621372)
Yep, cancel the Euros (is anyone really all that bothered?) and amend or bin off the cups say, have the domestic cups not feature teams on Europe to allow for more free midweeks.

Run like this for a couple of seasons once we are through this.

We should just shut the season down to be started at a later date. There were only 8 new cases of Coronavirus confirmed in Wuhan yesterday, so we are looking at, say, a 6 week break.


Bin off the cups & clubs from lower leagues that hadn't already gone to the wall will definatley go then.

Luton, Maccallsfield, Southend on the brink as it is.

S-RED 12-03-20 02:08 PM

A 6-8 week break would work i guess

Buzzo 12-03-20 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S-RED (Post 3621375)
Bin off the cups & clubs from lower leagues that hadn't already gone to the wall will definatley go then.

Luton, Maccallsfield, Southend on the brink as it is.

Iíve edited my post, in anticipation of your point- I meant have the cups not feature teams in Europe.

Thus increasing these teams chances of a cup run.

shanks69 12-03-20 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S-RED (Post 3621370)

At a guess i'd say arsenal

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Fivex 12-03-20 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shanks69 (Post 3621380)
At a guess i'd say arsenal

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk



Wolves I reckon to get out of later


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.