est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The 'where are they now?' files (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48217)

Montana 27-02-08 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BFG (Post 967041)
Fair enough then (to an extent :haha:). I knew he'd done well the year before he came but wasn't aware he'd done it a bit more consistently. :handshake:

The thing with Sean Dundee was that he was quite consistent and prolific in the Bundesliga and maybe would've done ok in the PL but he suffered a serious injury about a year or two before we bought him and was never the same player again.

Los Rojos 27-02-08 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo1981 (Post 967223)
Erik Meijer :rock::

Meijer ended his career that summer, stating he wanted to finish in style after this last big success. He took on a post in the management of Alemannia Aachen. But after a very short time he was appointed assistant coach of the newly arrived Bundesliga team, working with Michael Frontzeck, who succeeded Dieter Hecking in September 2006.

That names familiar. Did he play for City for a spell?

Rich 27-02-08 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnOK (Post 967704)
Can anybody remember that we had a Brazilian left back on trial a few years ago when Ged was here. He played a few reserve games including one against Man Utd and was supposed to be the dogs, but we never signed him.

What was he called and where did he end up?

That one passed me by - don't remember that at all.

Los Rojos 27-02-08 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Erectile Banana (Post 967483)
How could we forget the great Padelli?

:haha:

How about that Welsh lad Lee Jones?

He's joint manager of Newi Cefn Druids in the Welsh Premier League. Still plays occasionally.

Shaggy 27-02-08 11:09 AM

Just found this on Daniele Padelli.

‘Padelli made his Liverpool bow in the final home game of the season, against Charlton. It was a catastrophic display and he was sent back to Sampdoria by manager Rafa Benitez soon afterwards.

Padelli made one appearance in pre-season for Sampdoria, a performance so disastrous that it made his Liverpool debut seem like a walk in the park. In a friendly against Crotone, Padelli received a tame backpass from team mate Attillio Fibba, trod on the ball, fell over and the ball squirmed into the back of the net.

Two minutes later, Padelli came to claim a corner and inexplicably headed the ball into his own net.

He he now on loan at Pisa, where he has failed to make a first team appearance and looks set to have his contract terminated after a training ground bust-up with coach Flavio Bullio. After punching a corner into his own net, Bullio pulled Padelli aside to discuss his technique. Padelli, distinctly unimpressed, headbutted Bullio, ran back to the dressing room where he took a sledgehammer out of his bag and smashed the place to pieces before driving home. He is currently being investigated by the Italian Football Association.’

Who will buy this bullshit, I wonder!

Los Rojos 27-02-08 11:10 AM

Speaking of the Welsh Premier League, remember Phil Boersma?

He played for Liverpool in the early 70's (82 appearances) and was assistant Graeme Souness at Liverpool and most of the other clubs he managed.

Anyway, he was appointed Assistant Manager of my local team in the Welsh Premier League just before Christmas to help a newly appointed Player-Manager from Liverpool. He lasted a month or so before the axe fell on both of them. Think he works in the building trade now.

Reaper 27-02-08 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhavlos (Post 967480)
:jaw:

John Welsh was pretty highly rated wasn't he? I think he played a couple of times in our CL run in 05. Didn't realise his career was over :shake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967484)
Oh no...it isn't over mate. His career's gone downhill since though. Obviously out for ages and never got his place in the Hull side back. He went on loan to Chester recently but he's now back at Hull.

John Welsh @ my local team.
http://www.hullcityafc.premiumtv.co....~23358,00.html

Los Rojos 27-02-08 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967810)

‘Padelli made his Liverpool bow in the final home game of the season, against Charlton. It was a catastrophic display and he was sent back to Sampdoria by manager Rafa Benitez soon afterwards.

Padelli made one appearance in pre-season for Sampdoria, a performance so disastrous that it made his Liverpool debut seem like a walk in the park. In a friendly against Crotone, Padelli received a tame backpass from team mate Attillio Fibba, trod on the ball, fell over and the ball squirmed into the back of the net.

Two minutes later, Padelli came to claim a corner and inexplicably headed the ball into his own net.

He he now on loan at Pisa, where he has failed to make a first team appearance and looks set to have his contract terminated after a training ground bust-up with coach Flavio Bullio. After punching a corner into his own net, Bullio pulled Padelli aside to discuss his technique. Padelli, distinctly unimpressed, headbutted Bullio, ran back to the dressing room where he took a sledgehammer out of his bag and smashed the place to pieces before driving home. He is currently being investigated by the Italian Football Association.’

Serious loss of confidence there I think. He can't have been that bad surely - Rafa's scouts and the Sampdoria staff must have seen something in him.

Talking of keepers, Patrice Luzi, one of Houllier's French imports, is now at Rennes.

Kenneth 27-02-08 11:38 AM

Quote:

After punching a corner into his own net, Bullio pulled Padelli aside to discuss his technique. Padelli, distinctly unimpressed, headbutted Bullio, ran back to the dressing room where he took a sledgehammer out of his bag and smashed the place to pieces before driving home. He is currently being investigated by the Italian Football Association.’
:haha: :haha:

BFG 27-02-08 11:40 AM

WTF? :haha:

The Erectile Banana 27-02-08 11:46 AM

Quote:

:haha:

Nice one Shaggy.

Shaggy 27-02-08 11:50 AM

:D

I was bored and chuckling to myself at Padelli's woeful solitary appearance for us, wondering if he'd plummeted into the depths of despair, Partridge-style.

The hints were in the names - 'Fibba' and 'Bullio'. The latter was going to be called 'Bullshittio' but I thought that was a touch obvious.

Pablo 27-02-08 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967856)

I was bored and chuckling to myself at Padelli's woeful solitary appearance for us, wondering if he'd plummeted into the depths of despair, Partridge-style.

The hints were in the names - 'Fibba' and 'Bullio'. The latter was going to be called 'Bullshittio' but I thought that was a touch obvious.

In hindsight, at least for Los Rojos sake, you should have gone with Bullshittio :handshake:

The Erectile Banana 27-02-08 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967856)

Looks like poor Los Rojos has been kurtangled.

Shaggy 27-02-08 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo1981 (Post 967859)
In hindsight, at least for Los Rojos sake, you should have gone with Bullshittio :handshake:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Erectile Banana (Post 967860)

"serious loss of confidence there" :haha:

I'd call it more than a loss of confidence. More like a complete and utter loss of the plot. :haha:

Los Rojos 27-02-08 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo1981 (Post 967859)

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Erectile Banana (Post 967860)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967863)

I'd call it more than a loss of confidence. More like a complete and utter loss of the plot. :haha:

Yeah lads. I really fell for that. Especially the bit with the sledgehammer.

The Erectile Banana 27-02-08 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967863)

I'm thinking he only read the start of your post, at least I'm hoping that.

Morten_nogamst_Pedersen 27-02-08 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiwma (Post 967737)
Stig Inge Bjorneby anyone? :D

Was headcoach for norwegian club Start last year, but got sacked to avoid relegation. Didn't help though.

tomasjj 27-02-08 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 967467)
:jaw:

Yes. Crazy.

He is just a bruiser with no talent.

Shows you what state the national team is in here in Norway at the moment.

dww 27-02-08 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikolaf (Post 967443)
Wasn't there a rumor that he was used as a spy for Houllier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Polo (Post 967446)
:handshake:

That has to be bullshit though doesn't it?

I guess I can see the logic in having an example of professionalism and someone to help you see what the players are like but it sounds like a proper conspiracy theory to me.

wiw 27-02-08 01:12 PM

Quote:

FLMAO, poor guy :haha:

wiw 27-02-08 01:14 PM

oh ffs, should've read the rest of the thread :haha:

BFG 27-02-08 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dww (Post 967961)
That has to be bullshit though doesn't it?

I guess I can see the logic in having an example of professionalism and someone to help you see what the players are like but it sounds like a proper conspiracy theory to me.

Yeah sounds like someone has really been agonsing over how and why we could have signed such rubbish and that was the most logical conclusion they came to.

Shaggy 27-02-08 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiwma (Post 967968)
FLMAO, poor guy :haha:

:crackoff:

zimbo 27-02-08 01:44 PM

What's happened to Mark Gonzalez since he left?

Shaggy 27-02-08 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimbo (Post 968030)
What's happened to Mark Gonzalez since he left?

Went to Betis and, according to Est’s resident La Liga expert 'Zapater', has had a pitiful season. I’ve seen him once or twice and he looks like the same rabbit in the headlights we saw last season – completely stripped of all confidence.

Apparently he scored the other week and played really well, so perhaps things are finally looking up for him. He’s certainly not been the same player that almost single-handedly kept Real Sociedad up.

dww 27-02-08 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 968049)
Went to Betis and, according to Est’s resident La Liga expert 'Zapater', has had a pitiful season. I’ve seen him once or twice and he looks like same rabbit in the headlights we saw last season – completely stripped of all confidence.

Apparently he scored the other week and played really well, so perhaps things are finally looking up for him. He’s certainly not been the same player that almost single-handedly kept Real Sociedad up.

I heard he had started to pick up some form of late.

zimbo 27-02-08 02:05 PM

Quote:

Went to Betis and, according to Est’s resident La Liga expert 'Zapater', has had a pitiful season. I’ve seen him once or twice and he looks like same rabbit in the headlights we saw last season – completely stripped of all confidence.

Shame really. Such high hopes that he'd solve our perennial wide-man problem. Looked good in flashes, but all too fleeting.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Leto go the same way.

Parm 27-02-08 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 967325)
Whats Rozenthal upto nowadays?

isnt he an agent now for isrealie players?

What happened to Rob Jones?
also Patrice Luzi?

Parm 27-02-08 02:13 PM

Quote:

Went to Betis and, according to Est’s resident La Liga expert 'Zapater', has had a pitiful season. I’ve seen him once or twice and he looks like the same rabbit in the headlights we saw last season – completely stripped of all confidence.

think he scored the winner against Real 2 weeks ago! Shame we let him go as I had high hopes, but it was clear the lad was struggling and we got a good offer for him.

Warren 27-02-08 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 968091)
What happened to Rob Jones?

Runs a nursery in Cheshire I believe

Shaggy 27-02-08 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 968095)
Runs a nursery in Cheshire I believe

http://www.kids-academy.co.uk/

Warren 27-02-08 02:22 PM

Mrs Jones looks alright

Joe King 27-02-08 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren (Post 968117)
Mrs Jones looks alright

JonesLegend02 27-02-08 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyAlonso (Post 968102)

England's greatest right-back. Had he stayed fit there would have been no need for Gary Neville....come to think of it, there's still no need for Gary Neville.

BobTheCharmer 27-02-08 02:43 PM

Jon 'shot in the arse' Otsemobor is playing for Norwich.

Maestro 27-02-08 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi (Post 967511)
What happened to John Scales after moving to Spurs? Did he retire?

John Scales

Might be an idea for people to read the whole thread...ex-players are now being discussed for the third and fourth time :crackoff:

Shaggy 27-02-08 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestro (Post 968234)
John Scales

Might be an idea for people to read the whole thread...ex-players are now being discussed for the third and fourth time :crackoff:

JonesLegend02 27-02-08 04:36 PM

Mrs Scales is definitely alright - fact. Saw her at a beach football tournament on the Isle of Wight. That was few years ago mind.

homer1 27-02-08 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonesLegend02 (Post 968121)
England's greatest right-back. Had he stayed fit there would have been no need for Gary Neville....come to think of it, there's still no need for Gary Neville.

He played in an 11 a side match for the ex players against Bristol before Christmas, benefit day organised by Nick Tanner (previously mentioned here too) - he has put on a lot of weight, funny to see him when he was always a skinny little lad

Fantastic player, suffered terribly with shin splints but Momo would be considered prolific compared to our Rob :haha: