est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Managerial Sack Race (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=84958)

Bender 22-09-13 09:52 AM

The Managerial Sack Race

So who will go first?
Di Canio ?
Bruce ?
Lambert ?
Mourinho ?
or as Arn is secretly wishing Rodgers ?
?

Arn 22-09-13 09:56 AM

:rolleyes:

I think that Di Canio will be sacked next week.

-V- 22-09-13 09:59 AM

Di Canio, he's nuts

BobTheCharmer 22-09-13 10:02 AM

I like di canio. They were shit when he took over, its not like he's made them shit. After the turnover of players they have to stick with him.

Tee 22-09-13 10:30 AM

Hope we batter Sunderland and get that fascist sacked.

RichC 22-09-13 10:34 AM

Di Canio has to be favourite

Lee 22-09-13 10:47 AM

Yep.

Hate Di Canio and Sunderland. Surely he'll be first to go.

Robbie-9-Fowler 22-09-13 11:17 AM

Di Canio, unless Fulham's new owners just get rid of Jol and they're Venky'sII

Sunderland's next 5 fixtures.

Us (H)
United (H)
Swansea (A)
Newcastle (H)
Hull (A)
City (H)

BobTheCharmer 22-09-13 11:19 AM

Why the hate? Great player. Unusual quirky manager. The fascist stuff doesn't bother me either, a man is allowed to have his own thoughts. He isn't going around kicking the shit out of folk, he isn't a practising (is there such a term?) racist, he trys to make people happy, ie the fans. He's obviously failing but you can tell from yesterday's antics he's hurting. He's passionate.

To be honest I don't much care either way, in defending him its looks like I care, I really don't. It just seems that fans over here on the whole don't like anything different. Such as arrogance or self promotion. It adds to the league for me. You don't want 20 polite calm no emotion shown managers on the touchline, much the same you don't want 20 Jose's. Now Steve Bruce is someone to hate with his fat ugly head.

I just don't understand the whole hating opponents managers usually for what they say. Its there job to stick up for their team.

All hate should be saved for all things utd. The rest can carry about their business.

-V- 22-09-13 11:23 AM

I don't hate him and I agree he makes things interesting. But he will be sacked shortly because he doesn't have a clue how to man manage at this level. I don't think those players will ever respond to his ways

BobTheCharmer 22-09-13 11:35 AM

If he's sacked before Christmas the board should resign. They hired him, they let him sign a hundred new players. With that turnover of players its bound to take a few months to gel. You're right though, he will be sacked as everyone is too impatient these days.

Neil Young 22-09-13 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer (Post 2748071)
Why the hate? Great player. Unusual quirky manager. The fascist stuff doesn't bother me either, a man is allowed to have his own thoughts. He isn't going around kicking the shit out of folk, he isn't a practising (is there such a term?) racist, he trys to make people happy, ie the fans. He's obviously failing but you can tell from yesterday's antics he's hurting. He's passionate.

To be honest I don't much care either way, in defending him its looks like I care, I really don't. It just seems that fans over here on the whole don't like anything different. Such as arrogance or self promotion. It adds to the league for me. You don't want 20 polite calm no emotion shown managers on the touchline, much the same you don't want 20 Jose's. Now Steve Bruce is someone to hate with his fat ugly head.

I just don't understand the whole hating opponents managers usually for what they say. Its there job to stick up for their team.

All hate should be saved for all things utd. The rest can carry about their business.

Why the hate? Here's why:

Anyone can think what they like but that's no reason to believe fascism is just another set of political principles that can be held honourably like any other. I'd oppose him just for that. The fact that a known fascist has a job with a fairly high public profile his presence necessarily involves legitimising opinions which can have no legitimacy in a civilized and open society.

What's worse is he actively promotes his views and seeks to justify them. He hasn't kept it quiet, a private matter.

He calls himself a fascist. He uses the fascist salute in public. He attends fascist gatherings, including the funeral of someone implicated in the bombing of Bologna railway station which killed 85 people and injured more than 200. He has Mussolini's title tattooed on his arm and a fascist emblem tattooed on his back.

Fascism is anti-democratic, xenophobic, militaristic and ultra-nationalistic. It's opposed to pluralism so is, by definition, intolerant.

I don't see any reason for tolerating his presence or giving him a public platform to legitimise or normalise his hateful opinions. So, whatever I could have thought about what you say about his other characteristics as a football manager, it all has zero significance to me.

Put it this way: if he was made Liverpool manager I'd stop supporting the club. And if it was a choice between tolerating Di Canio or supporting Man United, I wouldn't have to think about it for a moment.

Fredo 22-09-13 11:53 AM

Well said, Stephen.

BobTheCharmer 22-09-13 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Young (Post 2748087)
Why the hate? Here's why:

Anyone can think what they like but that's no reason to believe fascism is just another set of political principles that can be held honourably like any other. I'd oppose him just for that. The fact that a known fascist has a job with a fairly high public profile his presence necessarily involves legitimising opinions which can have no legitimacy in a civilized and open society.

What's worse is he actively promotes his views and seeks to justify them. He hasn't kept it quiet, a private matter.

He calls himself a fascist. He uses the fascist salute in public. He attends fascist gatherings, including the funeral of someone implicated in the bombing of Bologna railway station which killed 85 people and injured more than 200. He has Mussolini's title tattooed on his arm and a fascist emblem tattooed on his back.

Fascism is anti-democratic, xenophobic, militaristic and ultra-nationalistic. It's opposed to pluralism so is, by definition, intolerant.

I don't see any reason for tolerating his presence or giving him a public platform to legitimise or normalise his hateful opinions. So, whatever I could have thought about what you say about his other characteristics as a football manager, it all has zero significance to me.

Put it this way: if he was made Liverpool manager I'd stop supporting the club. And if it was a choice between tolerating Di Canio or supporting Man United, I wouldn't have to think about it for a moment.

Fair enough. Isn't it a fairly common view with many Italians? I may be totally wrong, I honestly don't know for sure. But he's been bought up one way and feels a common cause with his people, he's lived and breathed it,now he's here and he's not hiding away. He's provoked thought with fans over here who had no knowledge of what fascism is or even cared. If he's the devil, then better we see him than lurking away in the shadows. In an ideal world we'd all think and act as one and be at peace with one another. But know matter how hard we try to extinguish extreme views we'll never succeed. Better to try and dampen those views to something we can all live with than to just pretend they don't exist.

If he were attending march's over here and trying to convert the fan base to his political views then that's another level altogether.

Vermilion 22-09-13 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 2748037)
Hope we batter Sunderland and get that fascist sacked.

Oh ffs! that's it! we're fucked now! :shake:

:crackoff:

~LFCHistory~ 22-09-13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vermilion (Post 2748109)
Oh ffs! that's it! we're fucked now! :shake:

:crackoff:

:haha: It would be just like us to lose and give Di Canio another few weeks in the job before getting sacked, I'm getting angry just thinking about it :sigh:

Darkon 22-09-13 01:05 PM

Di Canio have to be favorite for the sacking and hope he does, can't stand the man and his views.

Next to that I wonder how well fat Sam is sitting in his seat?

Bender 22-09-13 01:07 PM

my top 3 would be
Di Canio
Martin Jol
Ian Holloway

RichC 22-09-13 01:19 PM

Certainly agree with the first two and I can't think of an alternative to holloway either!

Norbs 22-09-13 05:39 PM

This race could the first title of Moyes's career

Bender 22-09-13 05:41 PM

Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 5m
Paolo Di Canio could be sacked tomorrow morning with former Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo his replacement. (Source: Sky Italia)

Bender 22-09-13 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 2748301)
This race could the first title of Moyes's career

:haha:

RichC 22-09-13 05:41 PM

I fucking hope not, I want him to see out the full 6 years and then some :rock:

Neil Young 22-09-13 06:54 PM

Ah, but if he was there six years he'd have won the league/Champions League a couple of times at least.

The longest we can reasonably hope for is for him to stay three years without a title or CL win, probably less if he doesn't win anything at all.

It will be fun to see if they stick with him if they don't qualify for the CL this season. :D

RichC 22-09-13 07:00 PM

Don't ruin my day by being sensible :D

Neil Young 22-09-13 08:33 PM

:D.

Chazza 22-09-13 09:32 PM

Quote:

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews
Paolo Di Canio sacked by Sunderland #SSN

Gibbo 22-09-13 09:34 PM

Surprise surprise :haha:

Di Matteo might get them playing pretty well - Di Canio made the jump far far too early. Could tell he was going after yesterday.

Chazza 22-09-13 09:35 PM

Di Matteo coming in is he?

Imy 22-09-13 09:35 PM

FFS they could have waited until after they'd played us.
Watch a revitalised Sunderland beat us now :grr:

Gibbo 22-09-13 09:36 PM

Just going on the Bender tweet ^ which has 1 out of 2 right so far. :D

Sunderland have a semi-decent squad. If someone can get it out of them.

RichC 22-09-13 09:38 PM

Wow that didn't take long !!

Chazza 22-09-13 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 2748476)
Just going on the Bender tweet ^ which has 1 out of 2 right so far. :D

Sunderland have a semi-decent squad. If someone can get it out of them.

Not sure there is enough quality in this lot

Sunderland 25 man squad list:

Joze Altidore
Phil Bardsley
Fabio Borini
Wes Brown
Cabral
Lee Cattermole
Ondrej Celustka
Jack Colback
Carlos Cuellar
Modibo Diakite
Andrea Dossena
Steven Fletcher
Craig Gardner
Emanuele Giaccherini
Dong Won Ji
Adam Johnson
Ki Sung Yueng
Sebastian Larsson
Vito Mannone
John O'Shea
Valentin Roberge
David Vaughan
Kieran Westwood

Neil Young 22-09-13 09:40 PM

Good.

RichC 22-09-13 09:41 PM

That is a motley cru of footballers!

One or two decent players in there but not enough considering the number of players they brought in this summer, 14 wasn't it?

Kenneth 22-09-13 09:41 PM

He was a ridiculous appointment in the first place. Glad he's gone, the bloke's a dick.

Gibbo 22-09-13 09:42 PM

I forgot they signed Dossena :haha:

How much did they spend in Summer?

Sarb 22-09-13 09:43 PM

Was confident of a win on Sunday. Not now

Pepe79 22-09-13 09:43 PM

13 games in charge, was always going to be short lived. Ridiculous appointment.

Chazza 22-09-13 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 2748489)
I forgot they signed Dossena :haha:

How much did they spend in Summer?

According to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/su...a_default.html

23.5m spent

19.5m sold.