est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roberto Firmino (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87707)

RedReet 09-08-20 12:25 PM

That's an interesting point. Zola and Bergkamp both played when 442 was still quite common and teams played with 2 recognises strikers, yet their scoring records were never questioned.

Firmino has a better goals to game ratio than both (even with no set-pieces) , brings so much to the team outside of scoring, yet he's always criticised for his lack of goals.

Sus 14-08-20 03:39 AM

It's because he wears #9, and the commentators are old-school in terms of the role of a #9 in the team

Exiled_red 14-08-20 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sus (Post 3647798)
It's because he wears #9, and the commentators are old-school in terms of the role of a #9 in the team

It's a bit weird that #9 is the only real number that they care about in that regard, for example no one cares if #2 isn't a RB or 3 a LB etc

Although I must admit it does bother me a bit that the Wolves GK wears #11 :D

Sus 14-08-20 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3647801)
It's a bit weird that #9 is the only real number that they care about in that regard, for example no one cares if #2 isn't a RB or 3 a LB etc

Although I must admit it does bother me a bit that the Wolves GK wears #11 :D

I guess his role is also the closest to a classic centre forward in our team, with both Mane and Salah cutting in from the wings, so they evaluate Firmino against goals without acknowledging all the link up work he does.

Maybe we should put #9.5 on his back?

Angryred 14-08-20 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sus (Post 3647804)
I guess his role is also the closest to a classic centre forward in our team, with both Mane and Salah cutting in from the wings, so they evaluate Firmino against goals without acknowledging all the link up work he does.

Maybe we should put #9.5 on his back?

BobTheCharmer 12-09-20 08:07 PM

We all love Bobby. The man has skills. But I think his poor finishing needs addressing. Chance first half he slowed down for and gave away the opportunity to shoot, couple of times the play breaks down with him in the box trying to be fancy. The shot near the end was so bad I think it was going wide. He's going to cost us soon. Not scoring in 17 home games and it not being a problem is freakish. The same happens this year and we're dropping points.

I think he needs competition. I think Mane and Salah provide it to each other in terms of goals rather than a fight for the jersey. But Bobby needs to be looking over his shoulder and feel pressure. Origi isn't giving it. Hopefully a settled Mino might just do that.

Come on Bobby raise the game time.

baitman 12-09-20 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer (Post 3652900)
We all love Bobby. The man has skills. But I think his poor finishing needs addressing. Chance first half he slowed down for and gave away the opportunity to shoot, couple of times the play breaks down with him in the box trying to be fancy. The shot near the end was so bad I think it was going wide. He's going to cost us soon. Not scoring in 17 home games and it not being a problem is freakish. The same happens this year and we're dropping points.

I think he needs competition. I think Mane and Salah provide it to each other in terms of goals rather than a fight for the jersey. But Bobby needs to be looking over his shoulder and feel pressure. Origi isn't giving it. Hopefully a settled Mino might just do that.

Come on Bobby raise the game time.

Hes going to smash crouchies record :rock:

Exiled_red 12-09-20 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitman (Post 3652910)
Hes going to smash crouchies record :rock:

He did score in the last home game of last season so his not scoring at home record is back down to one game now :D

Exiled_red 12-09-20 08:43 PM

Bobby's goal scoring record is an odd one, at times he's a very composed finisher and he is capable of the no look goals, but if you look at his career record in 11 seasons he has only got more than 12 goals in all competitions three times 2013-14 for Hoffenheim (22) and 2017-18 (27) and 2018-19 (16) for us.

Fredo 12-09-20 08:45 PM

Heís not a goal scorer so I donít expect him to score all he time he misses a sitter.

greenturnip 12-09-20 08:46 PM

It looks like we’re lacking confidence - which is odd cos we’re champions but understandable given how we’ve been playing.

spud_gun 29-09-20 01:43 PM

:rock:

Buzzo 29-09-20 01:46 PM

:rock: I thought he was brilliant vs Arsenal and last week vs Chelsea.

Works so hard, he recovered the ball countless times last night, and lead the press.

Pablo 29-09-20 01:55 PM

Yeah he was fantastic. It was me that mentioned he needs to score more and I think long term he eventually does, but it's clear as day he's a few levels above someone like Minamino in his all around play.

Still delighted he's finally looking like he has a bit of competition as I think it could bring out the absolute best in him.

Montana 29-09-20 04:36 PM

Arsenal fans are the ones who criticise Firmino the most yet they lauded Bergkamp who averaged 8 PL goals a year! A bunch of numpties.

Bobby was class again last night, especially last half hour when Arsenal were trying to find a way back into the game. He dropped deeper to give us complete control and make it easier for the likes of Salah, Mane / Jota to dart in behind. He does that every game.

It's Bobby creating the spaces, leading the press and his unselfish play that's a big part of our system and also why Mane & Salah get the space to get through on goal more often. He pulls the defence apart

baitman 29-09-20 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montana (Post 3657339)
Arsenal fans are the ones who criticise Firmino the most yet they lauded Bergkamp who averaged 8 PL goals a year! A bunch of numpties.

Bobby was class again last night, especially last half hour when Arsenal were trying to find a way back into the game. He dropped deeper to give us complete control and make it easier for the likes of Salah, Mane / Jota to dart in behind. He does that every game.

It's Bobby creating the spaces, leading the press and his unselfish play that's a big part of our system and also why Mane & Salah get the space to get through on goal more often. He pulls the defence apart

The Bergkamp comparison is quite good.

danperkins 30-09-20 06:55 AM

He was much better vs Arsenal alright, worked his ass off.

Roboklopp 30-09-20 07:04 AM

Can’t wait to see the result of him & Thiago on the same side after a bit of acclimatising.

SB 30-09-20 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboklopp (Post 3657427)
Canít wait to see the result of him & Thiago on the same side after a bit of acclimatising.

Truly orgasmic possibilities with this pair in full flight :handshake:

Angryred 30-09-20 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB (Post 3657471)
Truly orgasmic possibilities with this pair in full flight :handshake:

Be like watching poetry in motion with a hint of classical Nessun Dorma from Pavorotti

SB 01-10-20 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angryred (Post 3657560)
Be like watching poetry in motion with a hint of classical Nessun Dorma from Pavorotti

:D

Irishnev 05-10-20 06:18 PM

Some of his passing was shocking - saw this one and remembered during the game wtf

Big-Red-Ed 05-10-20 07:29 PM

I love Bobby but he has been poor. The problem is he is utterly instrumental to the way we set up and we don't have an adequate replacement for him. Not convinced by Minimino either.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

danperkins 05-10-20 07:52 PM

He's been way off this year, maybe even beyond that but yup we don't have an adequate replacement. Minamino just light weight.

Irishnev 10-10-20 06:32 AM

Shit keeping.....but he scored, hopefully it will up his confidence because he has been off form for us

RedReet 10-10-20 08:50 AM

Scored twice which is good.

danperkins 10-10-20 10:32 AM

Back on the scoresheet lovely. Criminal that player that possesses so much talent has been so poor in front of goal. A goal in the Derby would do wonders for his confidence.

SB 10-10-20 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danperkins (Post 3660398)
Back on the scoresheet lovely. Criminal that player that possesses so much talent has been so poor in front of goal. A goal in the Derby would do wonders for his confidence.

:handshake: Yeah a few goals & everyone will settle down from focusing on the lack of goals.

Venton 10-10-20 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishnev (Post 3660377)
Shit keeping.....but he scored, hopefully it will up his confidence because he has been off form for us

https://twitter.com/mobyhaque1/statu...45451485290496

I love Bobby but I have to say he nearly missed that.

Irishnev 10-10-20 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venton (Post 3660414)
I love Bobby but I have to say he nearly missed that.

His first goal was a yard out into an empty net :D

Venton 10-10-20 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishnev (Post 3660420)
His first goal was a yard out into an empty net :D

:D The good thing is that he was in the right place for both of them then.

SB 10-10-20 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venton (Post 3660422)
:D The good thing is that he was in the right place for both of them then.

So playing as a more traditional No 9 would you say ? :chin:

Robbie-9-Fowler 31-10-20 07:24 PM

Whats happened to him? He's actually just shite these days!

Doesn't look interested, sloppy pass after sloppy pass, poor first touch and casual aimless flicks.

Not to mention his workmate which has always been outstanding appears to have dropped too.

He's been getting away with murder for near on 18 months now.

Kenneth 31-10-20 07:28 PM

Is he being targeted for extra attention by opposition managers, understanding his importance to our game?

Robbie-9-Fowler 31-10-20 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3666118)
Is he being targeted for extra attention by opposition managers, understanding his importance to our game?

I thought that originally but his passing and touch is so poor under little to no pressure it feels like an unwarranted excuse after the length of time he's been 'off form'.

danperkins 31-10-20 08:29 PM

About time Bobby got dropped to be honest. Jota looks on fire and deserves a his starts at the moment.

Exiled_red 31-10-20 08:31 PM

:handshake: Jota is looking really good and Bobby is looking poor, it seems a no brainer.

I would hope a few games out of the side would help Bobby find his form again, a couple of times that has happen when he has been rested.

rodo 31-10-20 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie-9-Fowler (Post 3666114)
Whats happened to him? He's actually just shite these days!

Doesn't look interested, sloppy pass after sloppy pass, poor first touch and casual aimless flicks.

Not to mention his workmate which has always been outstanding appears to have dropped too.

He's been getting away with murder for near on 18 months now.

:handshake:

danperkins 31-10-20 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3666264)
:handshake: Jota is looking really good and Bobby is looking poor, it seems a no brainer.

I would hope a few games out of the side would help Bobby find his form again, a couple of times that has happen when he has been rested.

:handshake:

RedReet 31-10-20 08:52 PM

Can't see him being dropped for City.

Leicester after the Internationals is perfect opportunity to give him a break.