est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Roberto Firmino (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=87707)

TheElephantMan 24-06-15 08:29 AM

I've never seen him play, but this has restored some of my positivity. It's good to see us winning over our rivals for a player.

Nicey 24-06-15 08:29 AM


BDog talked about last season being a transition ... with these signings I can really see back in the hunt this season

dww 24-06-15 08:34 AM

This is ace. Hopefully we can now enjoy a slightly less downbeat preseason. We certainly have someone to miss the easy chances now even if we let Sterling go :rock:

My one concern is that in terms of pressure going from basically a village team to us is a big step. I guess that should be mitigated by the fact he is a full Brazil international.

Nicey 24-06-15 08:36 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CIP7WQYWUAAXdqv.jpg

wiw 24-06-15 08:36 AM

He's apparently very confident in his own ability and a bit cocky (but not a bellend) so he should hopefully settle and get going straight away. Having Coutinho, who must have whispered something in his ear btw :D, and Lucas there will help too. We've got 3 Brazilians in the team now :rock:

Paddy 24-06-15 08:37 AM

I'm hoping that Lucas may also have being a factor in him joining, he will certainly settle in a lot easier. And maybe he's been told Lucas is staying.

SK 24-06-15 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False9 (Post 3133514)
Roberto Firmino - Top 5 Goals - YouTube

BDog talked about last season being a transition ... with these signings I can really see back in the hunt this season

Goal n. 2 is sooooo Suarez like :rock:

Nicey 24-06-15 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dww (Post 3133519)
This is ace. Hopefully we can now enjoy a slightly less downbeat preseason. We certainly have someone to miss the easy chances now even if we let Sterling go :rock:

My one concern is that in terms of pressure going from basically a village team to us is a big step. I guess that should be mitigated by the fact he is a full Brazil international.

He is a perfect Brendan Rodgers signing :handshake:

Tee 24-06-15 08:40 AM

Quality player, he is going to add some magic to this team and cannot wait to see him and Coutinho link up.

Give him the No.7 shirt :rock:

Fredo 24-06-15 08:44 AM

Looks like he's gonna play up top. :source:

Paddy 24-06-15 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tee (Post 3133526)
Quality player, he is going to add some magic to this team and cannot wait to see him and Coutinho link up.

Give him the No.7 shirt :rock:

Then he can switch to No.10 at the start of next season! :stir:

ric.williams 24-06-15 08:51 AM

so will he be classed as a rodgers or a committee signing?

Alex 24-06-15 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric.williams (Post 3133537)
so will he be classed as a rodgers or a committee signing?

Well as Rodgers is on the committee, I guess its a committee signing. Like all of the players we sign.

SK 24-06-15 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric.williams (Post 3133537)
so will he be classed as a rodgers or a committee signing?

I'd say all our signings are committee signings

Slinky Skills 24-06-15 08:54 AM

Welcome to LFC Firmino!

Never seen him play but hopefully he will turn out to be a cracking signing.

Well done to the club for getting him in. :rock:

tanner 24-06-15 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133501)
Fuck me. Bring in a good striker now and we are really going in the right direction. Great signing, even though I've seen him play once! :rock:

You've probably seen him more than most then :haha:

From the short clips I've seen, he scores some lovely goals, lets hope that he can bring those to the Premiership.

ric.williams 24-06-15 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiw (Post 3133521)
He's apparently very confident in his own ability and a bit cocky (but not a bellend) so he should hopefully settle and get going straight away. Having Coutinho, who must have whispered something in his ear btw :D, and Lucas there will help too. We've got 3 Brazilians in the team now :rock:

:handshake:

must have been a big factor

Yozza 24-06-15 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133499)
I can't believe it :haha::rock:

Here's 30+ glorious pages on Red Cafe where United fans cream themselves silly over Firmino since March 2014 and all along assume he will be signing for them. LOL.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-firmino.390739/

Cunts were even posting teams with him in it!!! :haha:

dww 24-06-15 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric.williams (Post 3133537)
so will he be classed as a rodgers or a committee signing?

I imagine that will depend on how he plays and the classifiers view on the two camps.

I don't see how anyone thinks they can decouple the two (from the outside at least).

Paddy 24-06-15 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozza (Post 3133554)
Cunts were even posting teams with him in it!!! :haha:

Lets be honest, they didn't really need him unless they are getting rid of someone. We needed to make a statement, giving Sterling inevitable departure.

cream 24-06-15 09:15 AM

Well that was pretty straightforward. There must be a catch, no?

Exiled_red 24-06-15 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ric.williams (Post 3133537)
so will he be classed as a rodgers or a committee signing?

It depends whether you are in the pro- or anti- Rodgers camp :crackoff:

Exiled_red 24-06-15 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133557)
Lets be honest, they didn't really need him unless they are getting rid of someone. We needed to make a statement, giving Sterling inevitable departure.

I guess it depends whether we are signing him as an AM or a striker.

tanner 24-06-15 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False9 (Post 3133520)

:haha:

ric.williams 24-06-15 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dww (Post 3133555)
I imagine that will depend on how he plays and the classifiers view on the two camps.

I don't see how anyone thinks they can decouple the two (from the outside at least).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3133559)
It depends whether you are in the pro- or anti- Rodgers camp :crackoff:

:handshake:

thats what i was getting at

Nicey 24-06-15 09:27 AM

We needed him all right ... suddenly for me anyway the possibilities seem endless ...play him upfront with Sturridge, play him in a Christmas tree formation behind the striker with Coutinho, Play him in a 3 with Couthinho and Lallana behind the striker. Truly brilliant signing .... we all needed it

Fivex 24-06-15 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainfog (Post 3133464)
Never seen him play. But there was a lot of people who really wanted us to sign him so I'm hopeful! And he's not Milner. It's great we're tying up deals early.

Someone frame this and make it the site banner! :rock: :rock: :D

G 24-06-15 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3133499)
I can't believe it :haha::rock:

Here's 30+ glorious pages on Red Cafe where United fans cream themselves silly over Firmino since March 2014 and all along assume he will be signing for them. LOL.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-firmino.390739/

:haha:

Still a few Liverpool fans posting on Redcafe :rash:

baitman 24-06-15 09:38 AM

this lad was chatted about two years ago and he looked like he was worthy then. i reckon he could help coutinho move up a level too.
it would be great it we can also keep lucasinho too.

get the fuck in :rock:

Pablo 24-06-15 09:39 AM

Logical to assume it would be 22m, rather than 29m. It was 18m initially so they've negotiated up to 22m. That feels right. Negotiating up from 18m to 29m is absolutely NOT something FSG would allow.

The_weatherman 24-06-15 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 3133575)
Logical to assume it would be 22m, rather than 29m. It was 18m initially so they've negotiated up to 22m. That feels right. Negotiating up from 18m to 29m is absolutely NOT something FSG would allow.

Don't really care about the fee for a player I'm this excited about, but to put this into perspective, Lallana cost 20-25, Downing 20 and Lovren 20.

Rodgers said recently that he has the final say on all transfers, giving me a stick to beat him with over poor transfers, so I'll have to give him this one as well :D Really pleased and I hope we are turning a corner now regarding recruitment.

meffin 24-06-15 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cream (Post 3133558)
Well that was pretty straightforward. There must be a catch, no?

He turns out shit?

G 24-06-15 09:51 AM

It's important we all remember that from now on, powerpack should be the only one allowed to start threads for top players we all want to sign. 100% record for the lad, fair play. :D

Pablo 24-06-15 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3133581)
It's important we all remember that from now on, powerpack should be the only one allowed to start threads for top players we all want to sign. 100% record for the lad, fair play. :D

"Let's hope we powerpack this deal nice and quickly" :rock:

Paddy 24-06-15 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 3133581)
It's important we all remember that from now on, powerpack should be the only one allowed to start threads for top players we all want to sign. 100% record for the lad, fair play. :D

And redmike unwillingly stole his glory.

marcus50bucks 24-06-15 09:58 AM

One thing that definitely stands out in the clips posted on here, ST and when I've seen him play for Hoff and that is he does lack pace contrary to what some people say. I don't think he's much quicker than Lallana if at all. Would still like us to sign someone who is more explosive to compensate for the loss of Sterling when the inevitable happens. :handshake:

G 24-06-15 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy (Post 3133588)
And redmike unwillingly stole his glory.

Yeah if he kept quiet he could be basking in stolen kudos right now.

tanner 24-06-15 09:58 AM

Its nice to feel good about a signing for once, though I do fear we're going a little overboard.

At the end of the day, he's coming in and Sterling is likely to be leaving. Gerrard has gone and Milners in, Ings and Origi in, Borini, Lambert and possibly Mario out. So far I think its more a sideways move, a little more positive than negative, but is it enough to bridge the gap and get us back in the top 4?

As much as some will say they're good improvements, we're talking about Ings moving up a level, Origi moving to a new country and up a level, and of course a new league for Firmino. There will more than likely be a transition period for these players, my main concerns being Origi and Ings whilst Studge is injured/recovering.

I think Utd and Arsenal will be stronger this season, as too will City, so its going to be a big achievement to get back in the CL.

Shaggy 24-06-15 10:00 AM


Shaggy 24-06-15 10:03 AM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.