est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Steven Gerrard (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=82055)

Spanishfly 24-07-11 08:20 AM

Stevie G

SSN reporting Stevie G will miss the first few games this season:( This may be why we have so many Midfielders? Maybe it is a case of hit and miss if Stevie fully recovers!

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 24-07-11 08:35 AM

Don't worry, he'll be back.

Exiled_red 24-07-11 08:38 AM

There's no point in taking risks with him if he's not fit, hopefully we now have a squad capable of dealing with some of our better players missing.

lickedlollipop 24-07-11 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 2033153)
Don't worry, he'll be back.

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/fil...tor-poster.JPG

:rock: :crackoff:

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 24-07-11 09:36 AM

:D .

Vermilion 24-07-11 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 2033155)
There's no point in taking risks with him if he's not fit, hopefully we now have a squad capable of dealing with some of our better players missing.

:handshake: Stevie needs to be handled with care during these twilight years of his career.

Was looking at him watching training the other day, and i had this thought of him standing there as manager, surveying his squad, i have a strong feeling he could very well be our next manager.

After Kenny has finished his 6-8yr stint obviously.:)

Arn 24-07-11 10:06 AM

He should understand now that he must quit playing for the national team. He simply can't cope playing for both them and us.

Rowan 24-07-11 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arn (Post 2033201)
He should understand now that he must quit playing for the national team. He simply can't cope playing for both them and us.

I concur. May God have mercy on my soul.

Arn 24-07-11 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowan (Post 2033203)
I concur. May God have mercy on my soul.

:haha:

The point is that he isn't giving himself even a fair chance to be 100% fit again if he continue playing for them.

A couple of months ago it sounded like he would be back in full training when the pre-season started. Now it sounds like he will miss one or two months of the season.

How bad is the injury really? Could he miss more than say the first two months of the season? I doubt that even our medical team know the answer.

I would say that they take no risks at all because if he get the same kind of injury again then they fear that it is career over for him.

SB 24-07-11 11:00 AM

Quote:

It would be best for us that's for sure. :handshake:

Rich 24-07-11 11:50 AM

Quote:

You're right Arn.

There's obviously some long term problems with Gerrard's fitness he needs to be very carefully managed which means him saying goodbye to England.

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 24-07-11 12:19 PM

:jaw: rubs eyes , people agreeing with arnie.

Rich 24-07-11 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 2033254)
:jaw: rubs eyes , people agreeing with arnie.

Hope there's no chillies on them mitts of yours...

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 24-07-11 12:33 PM

:D I don't cook. But i did do that once, when i was abroad. I was 8 years old and it wasn't very pleasant :(

Mostar 24-07-11 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arn (Post 2033214)
:haha:

The point is that he isn't giving himself even a fair chance to be 100% fit again if he continue playing for them.

A couple of months ago it sounded like he would be back in full training when the pre-season started. Now it sounds like he will miss one or two months of the season.

How bad is the injury really? Could he miss more than say the first two months of the season? I doubt that even our medical team know the answer.
I would say that they take no risks at all because if he get the same kind of injury again then they fear that it is career over for him.

One more reason not to let Aquilani leave. We need options and we don't know when and how long it will take Stevie to be ready for the first team football.

dww 24-07-11 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 2033240)
You're right Arn.

There's obviously some long term problems with Gerrard's fitness he needs to be very carefully managed which means him saying goodbye to England.

Certainly in the short term. Most players want to win as much as they can before they retire and deluded or not I think English players think that England offers a route to doing that. It's a bit of a double edged sword - big tournaments can help provide players with a motivation to excel but the added matches in qualification and certainly friendlies are clearly unhelpful for players with injury issues.

Exiled_red 24-07-11 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 2033240)
You're right Arn.

I don't see Gerrard quitting international football before next summer, maybe after 2012 Euros but definately not before.

Yozza 24-07-11 01:47 PM

There's a load of bullshit rumours flying around saying that Stevie missing the preseason tour & these games have nothing to do with football

Let's hope he fully recovers this time round & we see the best of him again very soon

BrooklynRed 24-07-11 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yozza (Post 2033299)
There's a load of bullshit rumours flying around saying that Stevie missing the preseason tour & these games have nothing to do with football

Knowing that they are bullshit rumors, what are people saying is the reason?

dom9 24-07-11 05:08 PM

God no. I have never seen anything to remotely suggest he could be a manager.

Red_Polo 24-07-11 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRed (Post 2033370)
Knowing that they are bullshit rumors, what are people saying is the reason?

I think there's still a policy of not publicising that kind of crap on here.

Exiled_red 24-07-11 06:17 PM

Quote:

Let's hope he fully recovers this time round & we see the best of him again very soon

What a surprise, there are always some bullshit rumours going around about Gerrard, usually started by Everton fans :shake:

cream 24-07-11 06:25 PM

Quote:

Isn't there always?

BrooklynRed 24-07-11 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Polo (Post 2033410)
I think there's still a policy of not publicising that kind of crap on here.

But posting pictures of Jonjo Shelvey's penis are in order.
?

What does it hurt if it is presented as nonsense? would be good for us without access to the pub chatter of Liverpool to know what's being said... we have a whole forum dedicated to bullshit rumors about players coming and going etc. Can't see the hurt if presented as gossip.

Red_Polo 24-07-11 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynRed (Post 2033464)
But posting pictures of Jonjo Shelvey's penis are in order.
?

What does it hurt if it is presented as nonsense? would be good for us without access to the pub chatter of Liverpool to know what's being said... we have a whole forum dedicated to bullshit rumors about players coming and going etc. Can't see the hurt if presented as gossip.

I don't remember saying anything about Shelvey's willy?

Bottom line is it doesn't matter whether you present it as bullshit or not, it's an open forum. Some people will think there's no smoke without fire and others are just plain malicious. Before we know it we've hit derby day and there's a new song about Gerrard out.

RedSince1964 24-07-11 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Polo (Post 2033472)
I don't remember saying anything about Shelvey's willy?

Bottom line is it doesn't matter whether you present it as bullshit or not, it's an open forum. Some people will think there's no smoke without fire and others are just plain malicious. Before we know it we've hit derby day and there's a new song about Gerrard out.

Knowing the blue shite across the park it'll probably go something like:
Is he fit,is he fit Gerrard Gerrard
Is he shit, is he shit
Gerald Houliera

Oh, i see what Gerrard you mean now lol :crackoff:

joyno 24-07-11 10:12 PM

heard a rumour and thats all that it is, that his groin muscle had grown away from the bone whatever that means.

Mostar 24-07-11 10:39 PM

Quote:

LFCtransfernews
Liverpool deny steven gerrard injury claims. Re iterated his rehabilition is perfect according to plan.[ESPNsoccernet]

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 24-07-11 10:56 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Jeremy.Lfc3...10175202365982

Mostar 24-07-11 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 2033718)

Hogwash? :haha:

Mostar 24-07-11 11:23 PM

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Liverpool deny Gerrard setback

Quote:

http://www.espn.co.uk/PICTURES/CMS/24800/24818.2.jpg

Liverpool have moved to quell reports that Steven Gerrard could be set to miss up to the first two months of the season, after claims that his groin injury is worse than first thought.

A Sunday newspaper had written that the club were braced for the fact they will have to start the new Premier League campaign without their skipper after complications arose in the recovery from his current injury.

Such a layoff would also force him to miss England's international friendly with Netherlands on August 10 and struggle to be fit for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Wales on September 6, but the Reds are adamant the midfielder has not suffered any sort of setback.

"Steven Gerrard's rehabilitation is progressing as planned," the club told ESPNsoccernet.

Gerrard, 31, was not with the club on their recent tour of Asia as he continued his recovery on Merseyside.

Charly 25-07-11 01:25 AM

That picture is ripe for a "Spearing".

We did well without Gerrard back of last season. We need to be looking to the future anyway. For too long we have been reliant on one or two players. We now have more than one player who can pick a pass.

Mostar 25-07-11 02:24 AM

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/...-valencia.html

Steven Gerrard targeting Liverpool FC return against Valencia

Quote:

http://images.clickliverpool.com/adm...rardtrain2.jpg

Steven Gerrard is aiming to make his awaited Liverpool comeback against Valencia.

With under three weeks before the new Premier League season kicks off, doubts over the Reds captain's fitness have surfaced after he underwent surgery twice in as many months.

Gerrard first went under the knife in March to correct the groin problem which ended his season, following Liverpool's 3-1 win over champions-elect Manchester United.

Valencia travel to Anfield on August 6 for Liverpool's final pre-season friendly and Gerrard is hopeful of featuring in the game, ahead of Sunderland's opening day visit a week later.

The 31-year-old midfielder vowed in June that he would return to action in his best condition for over a decade, following a second successful operation on the injury in April.

"I have confidence in what I can do," he told the Daily Express at the time.

"I am going to be in the best condition physically going into this season that I have been for the last 10 years.

"I know I will be rusty in friendlies but I have confidence that I am going to be the freshest I have been, both mentally and physically, for a long, long time.

"I've not kicked a ball for a long time, probably the longest I have gone in my career, and I can't wait to get back now."

Alberto Aquilani, meanwhile, is expected to complete his loan switch to Fiorentina this week.

The playmaker returned to Liverpool this summer after a season-long stint with Juventus but the Serie A giants, and their competitors, refused to sign him on a permanent deal.

Reports in Italy, however, claim La Viola will hand Aquilani a return to his homeland with another season-long loan with some sources claiming he will wear the number 10 shirt.

The 27-year-old has impressed in pre-season for Liverpool, even earning plaudits from owner John Henry following his display against a Malaysia XI little over a fortnight ago.

But with a currently overstocked midfield, bolstered by the signings Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, has ensured that Aquilani continues to remain surplus to requirement.

IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST 25-07-11 02:41 AM

What the motherfuck? Why we sending aquilani on another seasons loan? I hope that is bullshit

Mostar 25-07-11 02:49 AM

I hopes too but this speculation seems to be growing.

Allegedly he spent Sunday with his agent in Florence trying to work out all details.

yamiedo 25-07-11 06:17 AM

Before, knowing we were without Stevie at the start of the season would strike fear into me but with the depth we have now, it could actually be a blessing in disguise. Personally, I'd like to see Aquilani get a run in the team and see if he can keep his place. The guy's clearly got heaps of talent and hes looking impressive. So good to have so many good midfielders now. Not putting all our hopes in Gerrard like we once did.

Exiled_red 25-07-11 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IN_RAFA_WE_TRUST (Post 2033801)
What the motherfuck? Why we sending aquilani on another seasons loan? I hope that is bullshit

:handshake:

It seems crazy to do it again :shake:

RedReet 25-07-11 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mostar (Post 2033804)
I hopes too but this speculation seems to be growing.

Allegedly he spent Sunday with his agent in Florence trying to work out all details.

Don't do it Albert, Florence is a hellhole.

kev776 26-07-11 09:51 AM

-----------------Carroll

Downing-----Gerrard/Louis------Kuyt

Norbs 26-07-11 09:56 AM

-----------------Kuyt

Downing-----Luis------Gerrard

FTW