est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   West Ham vs Liverpool - Premier League (18/19 - Game 25) (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=90431)

Tatterdemalion 04-02-19 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingfunk (Post 3533120)
We will be lucky to finish in the top four if this form continues.

:haha: :crackoff:

Norbs 04-02-19 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3532963)
Yeah I still think we'll win. We should improve from that first half showing.

The kiss of death :crackoff:

BG1973 04-02-19 10:55 PM

Keita improved in the last 15 mins.

When he realised he wasn’t getting hooked.

Tiny boost of confidence and he improved.

He’s in the middle at the moment, trying to play a game that doesn’t bring out his quality - let him off the leash. We need a difference maker.

Irishnev 04-02-19 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanoUK (Post 3533123)
I thought Brighton was utterly awful too, and Palace was a random oddity! Weíve been shite since the city loss.

Odd as it is at the top of the table, weíve rarely clicked to this season up top, now the defence is fragile itís showing deepening the cracks

Gomez and Trent out hasnít helped - our squad isnít that deep after all.

Leyton388 04-02-19 10:56 PM

Why the fuck did Klopp let Clyne go? Absolute madness that looks likes it's costing us.

Buzzo 04-02-19 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3533109)
And a defeat.

That was ages ago.

In terms of back to back results this is our worst run since we drew with Arsenal and City back to back. We then won 9 or so in a row.

Fredo 04-02-19 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3533128)
The kiss of death :crackoff:

We did play better and gave them less opportunity on the counter. We're forcing our play a tad bit and it is showing, compared to City who are just gliding through their attacking moves.

foresterbloke 04-02-19 10:56 PM

Sorry all, can you make your own match threads now. Cya.

Norbs 04-02-19 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3533122)
It's all good. We're still three points ahead. It's never going to be easy.

But we need to chill the fuck out and play our football. The expectation is a lot and it showed. We tried to force our play little bit.

If you think the pressure is going to be less with the points gap down to 3 points then you're in for a shock fella.

Exiled_red 04-02-19 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3533134)
That was ages ago.

In terms of back to back results this is our worst run since we drew with Arsenal and City back to back. We then won 9 or so in a row.

Lets hope we can win 9 in a row now then

Ams12 04-02-19 10:57 PM

Why canít we score more goals!? Struggled against Leicester & again today. I get teams are low blocking! But we should plan for this. Practice long shots or something. Just frustrated as the points gap is closing :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobTheCharmer 04-02-19 10:57 PM

I don't think we are bottling it. Just as ken says, we aren't as good as city. Our football this season has been functional not flowing. Eventually you'll come up short.

Still don't understand why we have turned salah into a bit part player that is having to rely on falling down easy to score.

If we get Trent back It will add some balance. Maybe we will relax chasing city.

Irishnev 04-02-19 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3533134)
That was ages ago.

I am quite calm about it all for some reason :haha: - City looked shaky vs Arsenal. Hopefully Higuain and Hazard will show up vs City.

The Ev.....unlikely :shake:

frank the tank 04-02-19 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foresterbloke (Post 3533136)

???? Whaaaaaa

Slinky Skills 04-02-19 10:59 PM

Firmino was poor tonight which is unlike him. Keita much better second half and Mane was brilliant again. We just need to see what happens with City now the next few games. We will improve, it's a minor slump. Klopp needs to regroup the players and work our arses and keep going. I still believe we'll be there and may even win it but there's a long way to go. We've not lost the last two and that's when we've been poor so that is a massive positive for me.

Irishnev 04-02-19 10:59 PM

Quote:

Whaaaaaat - why? We are still top Forester....if you stop anarchy will prevail

Buzzo 04-02-19 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3533135)
We did play better and gave them less opportunity on the counter. We're forcing our play a tad bit and it is showing, compared to City who are just gliding through their attacking moves.

They werenít gliding through the attacking moves exactly 7 days ago. They were fucking wank v Newcastle.

Everyone bangs on about how great they are but they lost to Newcastle a week ago, and are as capabable of losing.

frank the tank 04-02-19 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishnev (Post 3533144)
I am quite calm about it all for some reason :haha: - City looked shaky vs Arsenal. Hopefully Higuain and Hazard will show up vs City.

The Ev.....unlikely :shake:

I think we are fucked.

Leyton388 04-02-19 11:00 PM

An absolute fucking shambles this is turning into. I habe No issue with drawing or even losing a game, but when you've injury problems are this bad and you loan out experienced players then you deserve nothing. Amateur at best.

Fredo 04-02-19 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3533137)
If you think the pressure is going to be less with the points gap down to 3 points then you're in for a shock fella.

Well no, but it's hardly we're cracking under eh, fella ? We've drawn two games ffs. Only thing is City and Spurs are also having a great season.

Relax. We all need to fucking relax really.

Norbs 04-02-19 11:00 PM

Quote:

I give it 12hrs...

greenturnip 04-02-19 11:01 PM

We need Bobby to fire... when he doesn’t, the front 3 doesn’t work.

frank the tank 04-02-19 11:01 PM

A league winning team would have reacted to the Leicester game better. What is really disappointing Ka that we took the lead in both the Leicester and West Ham games. I genuinely think that we have blown it.

Fredo 04-02-19 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzo (Post 3533150)
They werenít gliding through the attacking moves exactly 7 days ago. They were fucking wank v Newcastle.

Everyone bangs on about how great they are but they lost to Newcastle a week ago, and are as capabable of losing.

I didn't mean they are having it easy but you can see their attacking moves are a bit more instinctive. They've frozen a few times yes.

frank the tank 04-02-19 11:02 PM

Gutted.

Phoenix07 04-02-19 11:02 PM

I'd love to know what we did in that Dubai training camp, because we've come back slow, sluggish, and lacking creativity.

calvoboy 04-02-19 11:03 PM

We are three points clear at the top of the league in February, have only lost once, and are on course for 90+ points.

Yes, we need to beat Bournemouth and get the bandwagon rolling again, but the world hasn’t caved in because we’ve drawn against Leicester and West Ham with a heavily weakened side.

frank the tank 04-02-19 11:04 PM

I can actually see spurs sneaking in between us and City.

What I would say though is that one more window and we are going to get a lot closer. Lallana, Origi, Sturridge can all be upgraded relatively easily.

Leyton388 04-02-19 11:04 PM

Imagine going to whole season with only 1 defeat and not winning the league.

Buzzo 04-02-19 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3533160)
I didn't mean they are having it easy but you can see their attacking moves are a bit more instinctive. They've frozen a few times yes.

:handshake:

Itís going to be brutal this run in.

We need to pick up a win on Saturday and see where we are come Monday. Weíve got some games where the opposition will do us zero favours round the corner in Everton and a resurgent Utd, so we do need to find some form.

We need players other than the front three to start chipping in with goals.

Phoenix07 04-02-19 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leyton388 (Post 3533166)

We only lost twice under Benitez in 08/09 and finished 2nd.

Kenneth 04-02-19 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leyton388 (Post 3533166)

It would be really cruel, but we won't.

Exiled_red 04-02-19 11:06 PM

The problem is lack of depth, Matip isn't great, Milner isn't looking good at RB, Keita just isn't up to speed, Lallana wouldn't be playing if it weren't for all the injuries (although he did well). Bobby and Salah just look off it and we don't have anyone of quality to come in.

The changes in the back 4 and the midfield in front of them changing in recent games due to the injuries (and drop in quality) is meaning that we are looking dodgy at the back and and the lack of form up front is a bad combination. We are probably missing 4 of our starting 11 at the moment as well as some other players who would come in for them.

S-RED 04-02-19 11:06 PM

Salah needs to go wide right & Bobby up top; that will instantly create space, as teams will double up on Mo

rodo 04-02-19 11:06 PM

front 3 havent been right all season we seem to take 2 or 3 passes too many and nobody seems to wanna hit the thing

baitman 04-02-19 11:07 PM

Quote:

Whats up with her :jaw:

greenturnip 04-02-19 11:07 PM

We’ll find out a lot about this team in the next 3 games. Massive.

calvoboy 04-02-19 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3533171)
The problem is lack of depth, Matip isn't great, Milner isn't looking good at RB, Keita just isn't up to speed, Lallana wouldn't be playing if it weren't for all the injuries (although he did well). Bobby and Salah just look off it and we don't have anyone of quality to come in.

The changes in the back 4 and the midfield in front of them changing in recent games due to the injuries (and drop in quality) is meaning that we are looking dodgy at the back and and the lack of form up front is a bad combination. We are probably missing 4 of our starting 11 at the moment.

In key positions too - CB and CM, and with Firmino having an uncustomary dip in form at CF.

But weíll have three out of the four back on Saturday, and hopefully for the rest of the season.

BobTheCharmer 04-02-19 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodo (Post 3533174)
front 3 havent been right all season we seem to take 2 or 3 passes too many and nobody seems to wanna hit the thing

danperkins 04-02-19 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodo (Post 3533174)