est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manchester United (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=78717)

Maxiedge 16-07-13 09:19 PM

If Suarez leaves he's about as close to a ready made replacement we could get IMO.

Chazza 16-07-13 09:20 PM

He would never join us.

Robbie-9-Fowler 16-07-13 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxiedge (Post 2693147)
If Suarez leaves he's about as close to a ready made replacement we could get IMO.

Yeah but I'd rather us go after Messi he's better :handshake:

Maxiedge 16-07-13 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazza (Post 2693148)
He would never join us.

There's a couple of things that might work us. Firstly, he might want to live in Liverpool. He's not really the jetset glamorous type really, is he. Secondly, you get the feeling that Gerrard and Rooney have always wanted to play together. I really believe they would be brilliant together playing week in week out.

Chazza 16-07-13 09:28 PM

I would think the fact that he has played for Everton and Utd, his wages, the transfer fee, the lack of champions league, and the fact he is hated by the majority of the fanbase might swing it against him signing.

Maxiedge 16-07-13 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazza (Post 2693154)
I would think the fact that he has played for Everton and Utd, his wages, the transfer fee, the lack of champions league, and the fact he is hated by the majority of the fanbase might swing it against him signing.

Haha nothing surprises me anymore in football

Well, the 'playing for another club' thing doesn't necessarily mean much these days.

His wages would be a problem, yes I agree.

Transfer fee would be from Suarez sale.

Lack of Champions League for one season. He could part of something good we're building here.

Lastly, I would support him 100% if he became a Liverpool player.

Chris 16-07-13 09:34 PM

He's fat filth who's had his best days. Not welcome here, ever!

Still a decent player mind but he'll end up a contract disaster for someone in a couple of years.

AnfieldForever 16-07-13 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxiedge (Post 2693147)

66/1 at the moment :source:

Kenneth 16-07-13 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -V- (Post 2693141)
Thats pretty embarrassing for Rooney to have to hear that from Moyes, cant see him staying now. More good news

They're obviously trying to force him out, preferably with him submitting a transfer request, while trying to maintain his sale value. We'll see how much Chelsea want him I guess. He's gone quite stale at its and a move would probably do him a lot if good, playing up front consistently. There is still a quality player in there.

Chazza 16-07-13 11:24 PM

Quote:

Manchester United still confident of signing Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona

Manchester United believe the financial burden of sanctioning the £51.3 million purchase of Neymar and Lionel Messi’s renegotiated £17 million-a-year contract could force Barcelona to strike a deal for the sale of Cesc Fabregas.

Despite claims by Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova that Fabregas “wants to stay here” in the wake of United’s £26 million bid for the former Arsenal captain, the Premier League champions remain confident in their prospects of signing the player before the transfer deadline next month.

Having been identified by manager David Moyes as the priority target in attempts to reinforce the club’s midfield, United are prepared for a protracted battle in order to lure Fabregas back to England.

But with United already hopeful that the 26-year-old is keen to move to Old Trafford, the club’s confidence has been further fuelled by a belief that Barcelona are in a process of raising funds and reducing their wage bill *following the signing of Brazilian forward *Neymar and confirmation of Messi’s lucrative six-year contract, which was signed by the Argentine in February.
The Spanish champions, who banked £17 million from the *departure of Thiago Alcântara to Bayern Munich, have also waved through the cut-price £1.8  million sale of forward David Villa to Atlético Madrid.

Barcelona are also prepared to listen to offers for Chilean winger Alexis Sánchez, a £32 million buy from *Udinese in 2011, and the Dutch midfielder Ibrahim Afellay, who spent last season on loan at Schalke.

While Barcelona would prefer to keep Fabregas at the Nou Camp, United’s offer has yet to be rejected by the club. Coach Vilanova is keen to retain Fabregas and he claimed yesterday that the player has informed him of his desire to stay.

“I know he has received offers from other teams,” Vilanova said. “But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here. He has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona. He doesn’t want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation.”

However, senior figures at United believe that a deal can be struck with a player who has grown frustrated by his lack of action in Barcelona’s key fixtures. Although Moyes has been told that he will be backed with significant funds in the transfer market by the club’s owners, the Glazer family, United are prepared to be patient in their pursuit of Fabregas before considering an increased offer.

Vilanova’s press conference yesterday was a lively affair – he also claimed that his predecessor at the Nou Camp, Pep Guardiola, “wasn’t there for me” during his rehabilitation from salivary gland cancer earlier this year in New York, where Guardiola was taking a year-long sabbatical after leaving Barca at the end of the 2011-12 season.

Barcelona president Sandro Rosell had suggested previously that *Guardiola had made little attempt to visit Vilanova in the United States, claims furiously contested by *Guardiola. But Vilanova reopened the feud yesterday. He said: “He visited me once in New York when I’d just arrived, but during my *recovery from the operation... I was there for two months and I didn’t see him. He’s my friend and I needed him, but he wasn’t there for me. I would have done things differently.”

Meanwhile, United have been forced to cool their interest in Everton’s Leighton Baines after all efforts to sign the left-back were resisted. United bid £10 million and were prepared to go higher, but Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is adamant Baines will not be sold.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...Barcelona.html

lickedlollipop 17-07-13 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazza (Post 2693148)
He would never join us.

http://www.9ori.com/store/media/images/b8b9c4b15c.jpg

Chazza 17-07-13 09:03 AM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...68162144_n.jpg

Shaggy 17-07-13 10:07 AM

What a load of BS this is :haha:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ed-reject.html

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea offer £10m plus Mata OR Luiz for wantaway Rooney but Man United reject opening gambit from Mourinho

By Simon Jones

PUBLISHED: 09:49, 17 July 2013 | UPDATED: 09:57, 17 July 2013

Manchester United have rejected Chelsea's sensational opening offer for Wayne Rooney - £10million plus a player.

Sportsmail understands the two players remarkably on offer are Player of the Year Juan Mata or Brazil international David Luiz.

United have insisted the wantaway striker is not for sale and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho must now decide whether to submit a fresh offer.

Arsenal have already made an initial enquiry and remain in the frame despite also making offers for Luis Suarez and Gonzalo Higuain.

Mourinho is willing to sell Mata and Luiz, and hopes the inclusion of one of them in a deal will tempt United to sell up.

Rooney feels he is at the peak of his career and has nothing to prove after nine seasons at Old Trafford.

Since returning from United’s tour of the Far East and Australia for treatment on a hamstring injury last week, the 27-year-old has made his feelings known to the club.

He has re-iterated his desire to leave — having issued a similar message to Sir Alex Ferguson last season — and is now prepared to put in a formal transfer request.

Rooney wants to go this summer with the World Cup less than a year away, and sources close to the player say he has no intention of allowing his career to go backwards by being a squad member or playing second fiddle to Robin Van Persie.

Moyes faces a dilemma now the player has raised the stakes but there seems little chance of him staying. Rooney would prefer to join Chelsea, although Arsenal have enquired about taking him to the Emirates.

If United decide to let him leave, they would prefer not to sell to a domestic rival. They have already discussed the possible scenarios and believe that out of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, the French champions would be their preferred buyer.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho added more fuel to his interest in Rooney on Tuesday by warning that England’s World Cup hopes could suffer if he stays at United. Chelsea appear to have settled on Rooney as their main target after losing out on Radamel Falcao to Monaco and Edinson Cavani to PSG.

Mourinho said: ‘If Wayne is a second choice for Manchester United, then the national team will be affected.’

He also said that Rooney is 'a player I like very, very much.

'Being fast and direct, I like him very much but he’s a United player. From an ethical point of view I can’t speak about players from other teams.'

Those comments forced Moyes to reaffirm his stance that he would not sell a player he brought through at Everton.

'Unless I was speaking double Dutch last week, we said Wayne is not for sale,' he insisted.

'It’s hard to keep repeating myself but I will — Wayne is a United player and it will remain that way.

'Jose said in his comments that he doesn’t normally talk about other players. But it does happen.'

Rooney must now consider whether he takes the next step and puts in a transfer request. He arrived at Carrington on Wednesday morning as he recovers from his slight hamstring injury along with Nani, Nemanja Vidic and Nick Powell.

Alex 17-07-13 10:09 AM

Mata? He is easily worth £10m more than Rooney. :haha:

Shaggy 17-07-13 10:19 AM

The Times making the same claim. What the holy fuck?

Quote:

James Ducker ‏@DuckerTheTimes
#mufc flatly rejected offer for rooney from #cfc last night of £10m plus mata OR luiz. Full story on times website

Chazza 17-07-13 10:22 AM

United should bite their hand off for that deal.

Sarb 17-07-13 10:24 AM

That is quite frankly ridiculous. If they offered us £10m plus Mata or Luiz for Suarez, or even a straight swap, I'd take it

Reece 17-07-13 10:27 AM

You can kind of understand why Luiz would be a matter of taste for different managers, but why any manager in the world wouldn't want Mata is beyond me.

Tee 17-07-13 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2693452)
You can kind of understand why Luiz would be a matter of taste for different managers, but why any manager in the world wouldn't want Mata is beyond me.

He ain't no Leon Osman, that's for sure.

Sarb 17-07-13 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 2693452)

Moyes is clueless. What idiot wouldn't take that deal. Mata is better than Rooney and Luiz is class too

Just sums up Mouriho though. He has an inability or does not want to develop talent or work with rough diamonds. Rather spend stupid money on 28/29 year olds. Yeah he's won plenty but maybe he should look at developing players rather than going out and just buying up talent. Prick

Chris 17-07-13 10:30 AM

Luiz and a bit of cash for Suarez would be one of the worst deals we've ever done. He's average and bizarrely spoken about like some prospect who will one day cut out all the errors. Mata is boss though, Mourinho has lost the plot if this is true.

Sarb 17-07-13 10:30 AM

Offer us £10m plus Mata or Luiz for Suarez and I'll drive the goofy cunt down to Stamford Bridge myself.

Chris 17-07-13 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarb (Post 2693459)
Offer us £10m plus Mata or Luiz for Suarez and I'll drive the goofy cunt down to Stamford Bridge myself.

Hopefully we could transfer you to a Chelsea forum too.

Pedenj 17-07-13 10:33 AM

I know a lot of Chelsea fans who are unhappy to say the least about the rumours that Jose wants Mata out - this confirms it.

I think that's a superb offer for Rooney.

Shaggy 17-07-13 10:34 AM

If true you wonder if Mourinho fears players he cannot dominate. Mata had a good relationship with Rafa, is Spanish, ex Real, close to a lot of the Spanish players who took Mourinho on at Real. Would be insane.

Sarb 17-07-13 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 2693462)
Hopefully we could transfer you to a Chelsea forum too.

Nah mate. I'm not a turncoat like Suarez. Should have been a smiley at the end of the first post though

Pablo 17-07-13 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarb (Post 2693449)
That is quite frankly ridiculous. If they offered us £10m plus Mata or Luiz for Suarez, or even a straight swap, I'd take it

I'd do a straight swap in a second if I was them!

magicalbarnes 17-07-13 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer (Post 2693125)
Agreed. This has fergie vengeance written all over it.

But Moyes is too dumb to realise that Fergie has done this simply to childishly 'win' his love/hate fued with Rooney - his parting shot if you like. That naive idiot Moyes is just jumping of Fergie's bitter bandwagon.

Would Fergie ever unsettle one of his star players like this if he was still in charge? Would he fuck!

Rooney will get a big move, Fergie will enjoy his retirement, the only one who will suffer is Moyes with a unsettled player, and manU's issues being publically aired. :haha:

Still makes me happy!:haha:

Kenneth 17-07-13 11:22 AM

Rooney may as well just tell them he's staying and call their bluff. £200k a weeks and he's pretty much guaranteed an England place if utd really did dig their heels.

MrMichael 17-07-13 12:04 PM

That rumour simply cannot be true. Mata is worth more than Rooney on his own. IF it is I can't decide who is more idiotic, Utd for rejecting it or Mourinho for being prepared to let Mata go in such a deal. Madness.

Sarb 17-07-13 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMichael (Post 2693537)
That rumour simply cannot be true. Mata is worth more than Rooney on his own. IF it is I can't decide who is more idiotic, Utd for rejecting it or Mourinho for being prepared to let Mata go in such a deal. Madness.

Been rumours since the end of the season that Mata would be sold by Mourinho. Bizarre frankly.

Maxiedge 17-07-13 12:13 PM

It's true. BBC running with it now.

Why would Chelsea give swap their best player + £10m for Rooney is absolute madness.

One thing's for sure, Luiz and Mata will not be happy about this.

Pablo 17-07-13 12:44 PM

The rumour is that Mata doesn't like Mourinho and that he was a huge Benitez fan I believe. Ridiculous reason to sell him, but then this is Mourinho we're talking about.

Sarb 17-07-13 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo1981 (Post 2693568)
The rumour is that Mata doesn't like Mourinho and that he was a huge Benitez fan I believe. Ridiculous reason to sell him, but then this is Mourinho we're talking about.

Can you imagine if it was Rafa selling Mata. Their fans would be in uproar. I bet they're bowing down to Jose at the moment. Ridiculous deal and a joke of a club. Abramovich sacks him, sacks numerous managers for not being able to get rid of the 'Jose Chelsea'. When he finially seems to get there, he gives Jose the job back and gives Lampard a new deal.

Now they're back trying to buy the likes of Rooney and getting rid of the more expressive, talented players.

Fivex 17-07-13 12:53 PM

Have I mentioned I have a fiver on him going to the Chavs this window at 25/1? :D :rock:

Chazza 17-07-13 12:56 PM

Quote:

Jeremy Wilson @JWTelegraph
Chelsea confirm they have made a bid for Wayne Rooney but deny they offered any player as part of a deal

Reece 17-07-13 01:00 PM

Quote:

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy 1m
Chelsea: 'The terms of [Rooney] offer are confidential but for avoidance of doubt ... didn't include transfer or loan of any CFC players'

Sarb 17-07-13 01:02 PM

So loads of journos were wrong. Bizarre

Reece 17-07-13 01:07 PM

Or either the Mancs or Chelsea have lied....

Buzzo 17-07-13 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarb (Post 2693586)
So loads of journos were wrong. Bizarre

:haha:

...its almost as if they'd say anything to shift some papers and guarantee some website hits...

:source: