est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Liverpool FC (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mo Salah (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=89772)

Shaggy 27-08-17 07:02 PM

Mo Salah

Amazingly, apart from his signing thread, doesn't have his own.

What a signing.

Takes up consistently brilliant positions, obviously grease lightning, and a constant goal threat. Could have 8 for us already. He'll only get better, he'll score 20 odd this season and I absolutely love him.

Slinky Skills 27-08-17 07:07 PM

He's fucking quality! What a signing, should have signed for us years back instead of signing for them blue cunts.

Zapater 27-08-17 07:09 PM

His goal was great, wasn't it. He absolutely risked getting his face rearranged when he nipped infront to get that ball. His speed is crazy. I think a lot of us are underestimating him when we say how disappointing this window has been.

He's missed quite a lot of great chances, but I'm pretty sure he'll start slotting more and more as he settles. Quality, looked good on the left too, providing the cross for Ssturridge.

Chris 27-08-17 07:09 PM

We completely mugged Roma, cant believe we got one of the most productive wide men in Europe for that. He's doing great as he is but he's bound to have a spell where all these go in and hits like 8 in 4 games or something. His movement and desire to score is ridiculous, what a front 3, they all have special qualities.

Buzzo 27-08-17 07:10 PM

Same as Mane last season he has had a flying start to the season.

It was pointed out in commentary but the runs that Mane and Salah make are lethal. They don't stay wide as conventional wingers but they run diagonals making them hard to track. When Firmino drops deep they are on the shoulder looking to go every time. It is amazing to watch.

I wonder which of them is faster? I'd love to see the race.

Shaggy 27-08-17 07:10 PM

I think Salah is a little bit quicker.

cream 27-08-17 07:12 PM

What a brilliant signing, having a similar impact as Mane, devastating on the counter.

Saveloy 27-08-17 07:17 PM

He's amazing. Not clinical yet but acclimatising from the snail pace of Serie A to the helter-skelter of the Premier League must be tough.

He's quick but the runs he makes are so intelligent. So used to pace coming with headless chickenry (djibril I'm looking at you) or a run to the corner flag (Milan :wave:).

Just a bit disappointed Chris hasn't produced a god-based nickname :shake: Bit difficult because he's already called Mohammed?

Patricks_Berger 27-08-17 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 3399886)
We completely mugged Roma, cant believe we got one of the most productive wide men in Europe for that. He's doing great as he is but he's bound to have a spell where all these go in and hits like 8 in 4 games or something. His movement and desire to score is ridiculous, what a front 3, they all have special qualities.

:handshake: we have absolutely robbed them.

About time after Aquilani & Borini :haha:

Chris 27-08-17 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saveloy (Post 3399894)
He's amazing. Not clinical yet but acclimatising from the snail pace of Serie A to the helter-skelter of the Premier League must be tough.

He's quick but the runs he makes are so intelligent. So used to pace coming with headless chickenry (djibril I'm looking at you) or a run to the corner flag (Milan :wave:).

Just a bit disappointed Chris hasn't produced a god-based nickname :shake: Bit difficult because he's already called Mohammed?

:handshake: :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger (Post 3399896)

About time after Aquilani & Borini :haha:

Haha! Yep, they owed us!

Cormack74 27-08-17 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patricks_Berger (Post 3399896)

About time after Aquilani & Borini

:handshake:

Exiled_red 27-08-17 08:48 PM

He's looking like a great signing, him and Mane bring a totally different dimension to our game. He looks a goal threat every game, only minor critisism is that he isn't clinical in front of goal, he's had some great chances that have gone begging, he could have been in double figures already which is crazy, hopefully that will improve as he settles in.

nineteen 27-08-17 09:03 PM

I like him, glad we signed him. Fits right in with Firmino & Mane to form a deadly front three. If there's a downside it's that he's not very clinical, misses a lot of chances. He gets into a lot of good positions and should score 20+ goals a season.

Red_Polo 27-08-17 09:06 PM

Great isn't he?! I'm loving the skill mix we have with our front three. We could do with someone who can keep Mane and Salah on their toes as well as come in to maintain the system when one is absent or needs resting.

Shaggy 27-08-17 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Polo (Post 3399954)
Great isn't he?! I'm loving the skill mix we have with our front three. We could do with someone who can keep Mane and Salah on their toes as well as come in to maintain the system when one is absent or needs resting.

Hello Tommy Lemar :D

peekay 27-08-17 09:07 PM

He is always on the lookout for rebounds. Love the way he sometimes ghosts in between the goalkeeper and the defender when someone takes a shot. This quality is priceless as often Firmino drops deep to link up play.

Red_Polo 27-08-17 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3399956)

The options we'd have :jizz:

Rich 27-08-17 09:19 PM

Settled so quickly and performing so well. Crazy to think he's missed a few easyish chances as well.

Buzzo 27-08-17 09:19 PM

The composure he showed for his goal was amazing at the end of a 70 metre sprint. You don't see many goals like that.

BobTheCharmer 27-08-17 10:20 PM

I owe the lad a complete apology. Was totally against the signing as I thought he took the money when signing for Chelsea. Seems a terrific little fella, with a great attitude and good talent. I'm concerned that when we rest him we will miss him so much and we are already pretty reliant on his runs and movement. Fingers and toes crossed he can play in at least 70% of our games this season.

Daffy Duck 27-08-17 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 3399956)

Or just Coutinho :jaw: btw, are we supposed to be interested in him?

little dave hedgehog 27-08-17 11:39 PM

a lot has been said about our failures in the market recently, but in recent seasons we really have recruited well when we've been able to close our deals. salah, mane, firmino, wijnaldum, matip, and can all look to be inspired signings. we still need more but those are all good signings for us. especially when you look at what they cost us.

foresterbloke 28-08-17 12:30 AM

Not sure if it's me but I think he hits the ball low too often. There have been several chances where he should have wedged it into the roof of the net. Today's chance particularly!

But he's amazing isn't he? We're going to rip the shit out of that Everton team!

Vermilion 28-08-17 09:59 AM

The way he played that ball in for Sturridge was just marvellous, skilfully thumped in....here! have that Daniel! :rock:

I could watch that all day. :)

Jaco_Pastorious 28-08-17 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffy Duck (Post 3399996)
Or just Coutinho :jaw: btw, are we supposed to be interested in him?

Talk is that a bid has gone in for Lemar

Abro100 28-08-17 11:27 AM

Salah is a poor man's Coutinho. Totally different players. What a knob.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ChesterDave 28-08-17 11:35 AM

Who the fuck is Cortinio?

-V- 28-08-17 11:41 AM

He looks great but I think a lot of that is down to Klopp's tactics. He is being played in the right position and alongside the right players. Hopefully he can keep it up but I don't think he will be as consistent as Mane

Jaco_Pastorious 28-08-17 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -V- (Post 3400225)
He looks great but I think a lot of that is down to Klopp's tactics. He is being played in the right position and alongside the right players. Hopefully he can keep it up but I don't think he will be as consistent as Mane

Think he will be if his track record is anything to go by.

He settled very quickly when Chelsea sent him to Fiorentina on loan. Then when he moved to Roma he hit the ground running there and was consistent in terms of goals and assists for two seasons.

Just seems the sort of player that settles quickly at new clubs and then maintains his output levels. And he was known for his work rate in Italy so that will be in his favour so helping him to settle in a Klopp team.

red g 28-08-17 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious (Post 3400270)
Think he will be if his track record is anything to go by.

He settled very quickly when Chelsea sent him to Fiorentina on loan. Then when he moved to Roma he hit the ground running there and was consistent in terms of goals and assists for two seasons.

Just seems the sort of player that settles quickly at new clubs and then maintains his output levels. And he was known for his work rate in Italy so that will be in his favour so helping him to settle in a Klopp team.

:handshake: with the likes of him an gini, reckon we have happiest and humble team in the PL!

Fivex 28-08-17 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abro100 (Post 3400216)
Salah is a poor man's Coutinho. Totally different players. What a knob.

https://twitter.com/SportsBreakfast/...42666384461824

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My word :haha: :rash:

Charly 30-08-17 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 3400222)
Who the fuck is Cortinio?

Ford Cortinio. Up and commer from Brazil

Montana 30-08-17 04:10 PM

Salah will score a shed load of goals for us. His runs and ability to get into goalscoring positions is fantastic.

Bender 02-09-17 01:30 PM

Nothing confirmed just rumours at the moment
Salah has reportedly sustained a knee injury on international duty. He is set to miss their match against Uganda.

brightred 02-09-17 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saveloy (Post 3399894)

Mohammad was a prophet, not a god

Kenneth 02-09-17 02:06 PM

'God based' though, surely

Norbs 02-09-17 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 3404640)
Nothing confirmed just rumours at the moment
Salah has reportedly sustained a knee injury on international duty. He is set to miss their match against Uganda.

Any update Bendy?

baitman 02-09-17 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3404667)
Any update Bendy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 3404640)
yes, news just in... just a prophet, not god like.

:handshake:

Saveloy 02-09-17 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightred (Post 3404643)
Mohammad was a prophet, not a god

Thanks for explaining. :handshake:

Bender 02-09-17 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbs (Post 3404667)
Any update Bendy?

Think it's rubbish tbh being reported as Knee pain and not been reported anywhere else...hopefully it's rubbish.