est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Manchester United (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=78717)

Leyton388 24-04-13 01:14 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...51/987/047.jpg

Lee 25-04-13 12:24 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH9vJiWCMAAyVZC.jpg

Liverpel 25-04-13 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 2630629)

:respect: :haha:

Pablo 25-04-13 09:50 AM

An article on the BBC I definitely won't be reading:

Quote:

Robbie Savage: The tactics behind Man Utd's 20th title
Oh my good God :haha::shake:

Neil Young 25-04-13 04:00 PM

:haha:

Vermilion 25-04-13 04:42 PM

Quote:

:haha: :haha::haha:

Imy 25-04-13 06:57 PM

Quote:

:haha::haha::haha:

Icon 25-04-13 07:28 PM

Lmfao!!!

Assassin 25-04-13 07:28 PM

Quote:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Gibbo 26-04-13 11:27 AM

Quote:

@david_conn: Anthony Fry, new Premier League chairman, career corporate banker, cricketer, "keen spectator" of Manchester United
Fill your boots conspiracy guys :D

Tee 26-04-13 11:29 AM

The Mancs are becoming the illuminati of the football world. :shake:

Alex 26-04-13 11:55 AM

Quote:

Dan Roan ‏@danroan 5m
Prem League say their incoming chairman Anthony Fry is a Man Utd fan - just like FA's incoming chairman Greg Dyke..& FA Vice Chmn David Gill

ChesterDave 26-04-13 11:55 AM

Came to post that. Although according to Wiki, Fry is a Liverpool fan.

It does also say he has ben on the season ticket waiting list for 86 year though

Shaggy 26-04-13 12:00 PM

I'm not that into conspiracies but it's a fucking joke really isn't it.

Sarb 26-04-13 12:02 PM

Level playing field. So that's reps on FA Board, PL and looking at UEFA too. All bases covered, let alone their own team of refs. Cunts

Vermilion 26-04-13 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2631882)
I'm not that into conspiracies but it's a fucking joke really isn't it.

:handshake: :rant: w.t.f! :sigh:

This sentence, is in itself! a sentence! For lfc and lfc fans! :shake:

Quote:

Prem League say their incoming chairman Anthony Fry is a Man Utd fan - just like FA's incoming chairman Greg Dyke..& FA Vice Chmn David Gill.

Gibbo 29-04-13 04:33 PM

Quote:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 54s

87% - Man Utd's win percentage at home with Howard Webb as referee compared to 83% with other officials. Negligible.
:D

Neil Young 29-04-13 04:46 PM

It's true, that is a negligible difference.

Except you could equally say that when Howard Webb referees their home games they fail to win around 25% less often.

And it seems likely to me that he also tends to get more of their high profile matches, i.e. against more difficult opponents. So you might reasonably expect them to have a lower win percentage, not a higher one.

Although set against that Ferguson is that more likely to pick his strongest team available...But then so would his opposite number...

Stats, eh? They can never mislead. :eyebrow:

G 29-04-13 06:49 PM

An excerpt from Swiss rambles excellent blog today on premier league finances. It really is scary how big they could become if they got rid of the glazers or when all that debt is repaid.

Quote:

Looked at another way, without the burden of the Glazers’ debt, United could afford to spend £80 million every season on new players. And that is before the amazing new commercial deals with Chevrolet (shirt sponsorship) and Aon (training ground naming rights) kick in, not forgetting the likelihood of a major uplift when the kit supplier deal is re-negotiated (Nike runs to July 2015).

Obviously, United have not done too badly in recent years, but they might well have done even better with those additional funds being made available to the manager, especially in Europe, where they have struggled for the last two seasons. Arguably, that’s the best argument in favour of the Glazers, namely that they have made it easier for other clubs to compete. Without their grasping presence, United would, quite literally, be laughing all the way to the bank.

http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2013/...money.html?m=1

Robbie-9-Fowler 29-04-13 07:32 PM

Yeah its a scary thought, in what areas do they make much more money than us?

Obviously their stadium is a 75k seater but do they dominate us across the board in the financial department?

G 29-04-13 07:58 PM

Pretty much yeah. I know it's a long article but it's well worth 20 minutes of your time. Or you can skip to the end and there's a brief summation of the top 7 clubs in the league at the moment.

The figures for united are mind boggling and their massive debt mountain is being reduced massively year on year while they still have shed loads of cash available if needed.

Robbie-9-Fowler 29-04-13 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G (Post 2635039)
Pretty much yeah. I know it's a long article but it's well worth 20 minutes of your time. Or you can skip to the end and there's a brief summation of the top 7 clubs in the league at the moment.

The figures for united are mind boggling and their massive debt mountain is being reduced massively year on year while they still have shed loads of cash available if needed.

I was on my phone when I replied so I couldn't see the link, I'll have a look later on when I get a chance.

I know we're miles behind them but we must be in a position to dominate the likes of Everton and those around us, some clever deals and the restructure of Anfield should kick us on.

I read about our wage % of turnover the other day and they seem pretty high to me but I'm not sure if those figures included Cole, Kuyt, Bellamy & Maxi.

Pedenj 07-05-13 10:06 PM

Twitter starting to go into overdrive with rumours that Fergie is done at the end of the season

spud_gun 07-05-13 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedenj (Post 2640955)
Twitter starting to go into overdrive with rumours that Fergie is done at the end of the season

5Live running with the Telegraph are reporting that Damento is 'giving serious consideration to stepping down at the end of the season'

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead!!!

Baracus 07-05-13 10:10 PM

all started from telegraph. They say end of the week or something..bollocks. He'll stay at utd like longshanks in braveheart

Chazza 07-05-13 10:12 PM

Quote:

Sir Alex Ferguson considering retiring as Manchester United manager before end of the week

Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United future was shrouded in doubt on Tuesday night with the Scot understood to be giving serious consideration to ending his 26-year reign as manager.

As rumours of the 71-year-old’s imminent retirement swept Manchester, senior figures at the club failed to respond to repeated attempts to confirm or deny the story, which emerged following United’s player versus coaches golf day at Dunham Massey on Tuesday afternoon.

With United now forced to adhere to the strict rules and regulations of the New York Stock Exchange in terms of the release of significant information relating to the running of the club following last August’s partial flotation, any change of management would fall within those requirements.

As of Tuesday night, no statement over Ferguson’s future had been issued by United.

However, with sources close to the players confirming that the squad’s golf day had been overshadowed by suggestions that the Scot would be making an announcement ahead of Sunday’s clash with Swansea at Old Trafford, any ongoing uncertainty is unlikely to be allowed to continue to the point where it would affect the confidence of investors and, in turn, United’s New York share price.

When United’s owners, the Glazer family, issued its prospectus for the club’s £500m bond issue in January 2010, the prospect of Ferguson leaving the club and potentially jeopardising future success was raised by the Americans as one of the risk factors attached to investing in the club.

Ferguson had appeared to brush aside the prospect of standing down this summer when he insisted in his programme notes prior to Sunday’s Old Trafford defeat against Chelsea that, "I certainly don’t have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special".
Ferguson said: "This team of champions is not going away - we are here for the long ride.

"We will get better and if we apply ourselves in our normal fashion, I see our 20th league title as nothing but the start of another decade of success.
“Whether I will be here to oversee another decade of success remains to be seen, but I certainly don't have any plans at the moment to walk away from what I believe will be something special and worth being around to see.”
However, having always cited his health as the primary factor in any decision to retire, the club’s confirmation on Friday evening that Ferguson – who had a heart pacemaker fitted in 2004 – would undergo hip surgery in August, two weeks before the start of the new season, raised fresh doubt over his determination to continue in the post.

With large amounts of money wagered on Tuesday morning on Everton manager David Moyes leaving Goodison Park for Old Trafford this summer, bookmakers dramatically cut the odds on the 50-year-old due to intelligence that bets had been placed on the basis of strong information.

Jose Mourinho, the Real Madrid coach, is likely to become available this summer, with some figures within the club pointing towards Ryan Giggs being promoted to take a senior role on the coaching staff when Ferguson leaves.
David Gill’s decision to stand down as chief executive in the summer, to be replaced by Ed Woodward, will see Ferguson lose a man he has grown to trust and respect during their working relationship.

But with Gill not due to depart his role until June 30, any search for a new manager should Ferguson retire would involve Gill, Woodward and United’s Florida-based owners, the Glazer family.

Ferguson has repeatedly dampened down retirement speculation ever since he performed an about-turn on plans to walk away from United at the end of the 2001-02 season.

He has since admitted that his decision to go public with his intentions was an ‘absolute disaster,’ and vowed that he would not make a similar mistake when he chooses to leave the club, having arrived as successor to Ron Atkinson in November 1986.

Whether Ferguson would remain at Old Trafford in a senior capacity should he retire could present a thorny issue for any incoming manager, with Sir Matt Busby’s elevation to an ‘upstairs’ role following his retirement in 1969 ultimately proving a distraction to his initial successors.

Gill has repeatedly stated, however, that Ferguson’s opinion on a new man will be sought and that his advice will be taken by a club that has not appointed a manager for over a quarter of a century.

Ferguson’s determination to wrestle the Premier League title back from Manchester City this season, having been devastated by the loss of the crown to United’s neighbours, has been rewarded with his 13th league title as Old Trafford manager.

And although he has admitted his disappointment at failing to win more than two European Cups during his time at United, the ability to walk away from Old Trafford having restored the club’s dominance, both locally and nationally, has given Ferguson the opportunity to leave on a high.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-the-week.html

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:14 PM

Laters Ferguson.

kingfunk 07-05-13 10:15 PM

This is good!

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:15 PM

I read somat about Moyes being his assistant and taking over next year. :haha:

I really hope they don't go for Klopp. :grr:

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:16 PM

Please holy mother of God let it be Moyes :haha:

Pedenj 07-05-13 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaggy (Post 2640966)

:handshake:
That's the only thing that could make this story even better.

spud_gun 07-05-13 10:19 PM

Mike Phelan

RichC 07-05-13 10:22 PM

Quote:

Get it trending !!!!!

ChesterDave 07-05-13 10:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedenj (Post 2640968)
:handshake:
That's the only thing that could make this story even better.

A managerial appointment that upsets Man United and Everton fans in equal measures is wet dream material

Gibbo 07-05-13 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcasemore (Post 2640972)
Get it trending !!!!!

If there ever was one more tweet for Jenkins... :D

souliv 07-05-13 10:26 PM

Please god let it be Moyes !!! Reckon it will be Mourinho, which would be funny as Rafa might have to stay at Chelsea :haha::haha:

RichC 07-05-13 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gibbo (Post 2640974)
If there ever was one more tweet for Jenkins... :D

:handshake::D:haha::haha:

souliv 07-05-13 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 2640973)
A managerial appointment that upsets Man United and Everton fans in equal measures is wet dream material

How about a triple Rafa remains at Chelsea pissing them off aswell

Phoenix07 07-05-13 10:27 PM

Doubt it will be Mourinho. There's no way he'd overcome Ferguson's legacy.

He can build one himself at Chelsea, where he is universally adored.

Hope it's Moyes. I think I'd crack one off to that if it happened. It could well be Solskjaer for an under the radar appointment.

Shaggy 07-05-13 10:30 PM

Moyes with Giggs as assistant :haha::haha:

With Chris Woods and Steve Round :haha: