est1892

est1892 (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Football (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Other matches 20/21 Season (https://www.est1892.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=91054)

ChesterDave 09-05-21 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3711481)
So are we cheering Everton on against West Ham?

Draw for me.

BigChief 09-05-21 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDermotX (Post 3711484)
Utd going strong..........the chancers will be put out against Leicester (and probably lose), then back to strong against ourselves.

If the roles were reversed and Klopp put Salah in our starting lineup only for McTominay to nobble him out of frustration before a cup final I would be seriously livid. Klopp has already made that mistake in a meaningless CL group game that saw us lose an on fire Jota.

If Ole is really concerned with us rather than his own team then he will bear any consequences. Utd are our bitterest rivals after all.

McDermotX 09-05-21 02:01 PM

More concerned with Leicester having a relatively easier game, in a match we, realistically, need them to lose...........just in case we do end up on a winning streak.
Wouldn't guess what the Chelsea/Leicester PL tie could end up as, considering the FA Cup match the couple days previous could have an influence. Leicester winning there would be disastrous no matter what we do.

McDermotX 09-05-21 02:29 PM

Laughable defending

1-0 Villa

Montana 09-05-21 02:54 PM

If United lose today it could be quite a blow for them as they then can't rotate too much against Leicester on Tuesday and risk another defeat, especially with us visiting on Thursday.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 03:03 PM

WBA win today so we can send Fat Sam down when we beat them. United to lose 5 in a row, Chelsea to beat Leicester, Leicester to beat Spurs, West Ham to drop points anywhere. We win all our remaining games concluding by beating Hodgsons Palace on the last day of the season to secure CL footy

McDermotX 09-05-21 03:21 PM

ManU in front in the 2nd half......always nice to get a pen decision go your way to help you along.

BobTheCharmer 09-05-21 03:31 PM

Pen or not they are unbelievable at turning around half time deficits.

McDermotX 09-05-21 04:56 PM

Aye. Cunts.

Speaking of cunts. Everton ahead at West Ham.

Not a result I'm completely opposed to even if it brings Everton close to us.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 05:13 PM

Yep. On reflection its a better result that the draw as it means we can draw level with West Ham with a draw rather than needing a win.

Kenneth 09-05-21 05:17 PM

And improves our already superior goal difference.

Kenneth 09-05-21 05:18 PM

It’s funny that West Ham became half decent when Moyes was on a break. Ever since he’s been ‘carry on lads’.

Fredo 09-05-21 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 3711514)
Yep. On reflection its a better result that the draw as it means we can draw level with West Ham with a draw rather than needing a win.

We're going for 4th here, not 5th. We need to win at Old Trafford. West Ham drawing is also fine for us as a win will put us above them, then we can look to catching Leicester.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredo (Post 3711517)
We're going for 4th here, not 5th. We need to win at Old Trafford. West Ham drawing is also fine for us as a win will put us above them, then we can look to catching Leicester.

Ther is however the potential that we could both finish above Leicester. Therefore we need WHAM to lose today so that we can still pass them with 3 wins and a draw.

Tribute 09-05-21 08:39 PM

United game is a must win. Lose or draw and itís Europa and Thursday night football. Shite.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 09:02 PM

Disagree. Draw with United and win the other then 3 Leicester need 5 points from United away, Chelsea away, and Spurs at home. I don't see them getting 5 points from those games.

Tribute 09-05-21 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 3711547)
Disagree. Draw with United and win the other then 3 Leicester need 5 points from United away, Chelsea away, and Spurs at home. I don't see them getting 5 points from those games.

One thing we know about this season, is everyone can beat anyone... on any given day.

I wouldnít bank on other teams falling away, we have to just focus on ourselves and picking up wins...

Exiled_red 09-05-21 09:15 PM

West Brom's defeat to Arsenal means that they and Big Sam are relegated :D :wave:

Kenneth 09-05-21 09:21 PM

Shame. Surprisingly, it’s his first relegation from the PL.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3711550)
Shame. Surprisingly, itís his first relegation from the PL.

Fairly sure he's resigned a couple of times when the writing was on the wall

Exiled_red 09-05-21 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth (Post 3711550)
Shame. Surprisingly, itís his first relegation from the PL.

Maybe a shame for West Brom but I have no sympathy for Allardyce

Tribute 09-05-21 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exiled_red (Post 3711554)
Maybe a shame for West Brom but I have no sympathy for Allardyce

...leaves him free to walk away and manage Barca, Real or Bayern like he thinks he should be...

Heís the perfect example of Dunning-Kruger effect.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 10:43 PM

Who is the commentator on BBC MOTD?

Fernandes penalty right in the corner? No contact on Watkins? I mean, I don't think it was a penalty but to say no contact is baffling.

ChesterDave 09-05-21 11:38 PM

Can't find a gift but it is on MOTD2 - the not given penalty for the Wolves lad wrestling the Brighton guy to the floor while not even looking at the ball. Can't even give stuff like that with an on field red, 2 assistants and some dork at Stockley Park with TV replays. Utterly embarrassing.

ChesterDave 10-05-21 08:46 PM

Fulham 0-2
Relegation could be sorted tonight.

Martin Tyler is in danger of a final day of the season having to yell "it's the race for 5th place.... AND ITS LIIIIIIVE"

Kenneth 10-05-21 09:54 PM

It’s been a long time since the bottom three were so far off the rest.

SB 10-05-21 09:59 PM

Scott Parker is a strange fella. Walks out onto the pitch to shake hands with the refs but I didn’t see him console any of his own players or even acknowledge any of them tbh. The complete opposite of Jurgen he is.

frank the tank 11-05-21 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishnev (Post 3711126)
Doesnít matter - itís a competition they were in and they will most likely win and add another trophy to the board. Their young players get used to winning

Europa is shit but at least a trophy

we'd have laughed at this at the time, but in hindsight, it would have been good if we came 3rd in our CL group. Think we would have won the europa and got back into the CL that way.

Although, if we dropped the first team in the dead rubber final group game, then Jota wouldn't have got injured and who knows where our league position would be now

Robbie-9-Fowler 11-05-21 05:04 PM

There we have it, United fans cause a league game to be postponed and we come out massively disadvantaged as they rest to play us and give Leicester top 4.

Shambles.

danperkins 11-05-21 05:06 PM

Yup we're fucked

Roboklopp 11-05-21 05:36 PM

Dildo needs slapping across his stupid grinning face with a semi defrosted kipper. Where’s Assmaniac when you need him?

danperkins 11-05-21 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roboklopp (Post 3711821)
Dildo needs slapping across his stupid grinning face with a semi defrosted kipper. Whereís Assmaniac when you need him?

:haha::haha:

ChesterDave 11-05-21 05:44 PM

God there is some proper wet blanketry in this thread. Beginning to sound more whiney conspiracy theorist than Blue Loon.

Buzzo 11-05-21 06:14 PM

0-1

dom9 11-05-21 06:20 PM

1-1

Kenneth 11-05-21 06:25 PM

Two nice finishes

Mr Pink 11-05-21 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChesterDave (Post 3711826)
God there is some proper wet blanketry in this thread. Beginning to sound more whiney conspiracy theorist than Blue Loon.

What are we supposed to say? They had 3 games in 5 days, of course they had to rotate players... but really, he drops every first choice outfield player... in the one game where the opposition can actually still finish ahead of them..

I hope our lads use this as motivation to go out and fuckin smash these cunts on Thursday.

labourRed 11-05-21 06:29 PM

It is quite small time to be honest. But there's no way we deserve fourth anyway, too many games we've just not turned up in. Definitely not united's fault.

Kenneth 11-05-21 06:50 PM

It really is only City that have two full first teams.

ChesterDave 11-05-21 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink (Post 3711835)
What are we supposed to say? They had 3 games in 5 days, of course they had to rotate players... but really, he drops every first choice outfield player... in the one game where the opposition can actually still finish ahead of them..

I hope our lads use this as motivation to go out and fuckin smash these cunts on Thursday.

Well, we could start by not making out it was a deliberate plot by united fans to get the game called off for this reason. And we could then acknowledge that the club didn't have to agree to the proposed date. Or we could stop assuming 100% certain that a side that is in full shitting the bed mode and got utterly fucking torn apart at home to Newcastle is going to win at OT.