View Single Post
Old 30-10-18, 02:43 PM   #5273
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
It is getting a bit farcical now. They've not just missed the deadline, they are nowhere near it, and still no announcement of a 'move in' date... which suggests a lack of confidence in when that day may actually be.

I wonder what the rent on Wembley is per match?
The stadium does look pretty finished - to a point where it looks like it could host matches. Exterior cladding is ongoing, but that's largely cosmetic. The seats are in.

The speculation around the safety systems not being up to the job and consequently having to be ripped out and reinstalled from scratch does seem to tally with the lack of visibility even Spurs have on their own completion date. There must be a hell of a lot of re-work, if not re-design.

Just sounds like a monumental fuck up. And a punishingly expensive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
They should be made to play at Wembley all season, they've quite blatantly lied about the whole stadium stuff. And didn't Scuadmore once say you can't play like 10 games at one venue then 9 at another?

Regardless, they may have some prettier seats and glass from 2019 onwards but they've been a nothing club my whole life and will continue to be for the rest of it.
I have some sympathy with the view that all games should be played in one stadium, but I don't think they blatantly lied about much myself. The tone of the press releases is a mixture of acute embarrassment, incredulity and cluelessness. And this from what many think to be one of the more clued up chairmen in sport.

Last edited by dom9; 30-10-18 at 03:08 PM.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote