Thread: Cricket
View Single Post
Old 16-09-13, 11:21 PM   #4
captainfog
Lord Anthony Rivers

Cook needs runs, but he's captain and another poor series wouldn't put his place under pressure like it would Trott and Root. On the subject of Trott, he reached 40 something like 3 times in the last series, which isn't a bad lean stretch in which he was unlucky to get caught down the leg side a couple of times and was on the rough end of an lbw decision.

Bairstow has had his chance and he didn't take it and I think Stokes has moved ahead of Taylor after his performance in the last couple of one dayers. He's a potential superstar and will give us a proper 5th option with the ball, is dynamite in the field and can be a destructive lower middle order batsman. Without a stand out number 6 candidate I think they'll give him an opportunity.

I think Australia could potentially go into the series with a weaker side. No Pattison and no Starc is blow, while Harris is not guaranteed to be fit. And I don't believe the current hype about Johnson who I think still has it all to prove with the red ball. As for their batting, Watson is still a walking lbw, Clarke's back is playing up again and Warner and Smith still haven't proved themselves.

Man for man we are a better side and I think unless we play badly we should win the series comfortably. However, if we bat like dick heads again then it will be a close series and Australia will have a chance.

Last edited by captainfog; 16-09-13 at 11:23 PM.
captainfog is offline   Reply With Quote