View Single Post
Old 28-06-18, 04:59 PM   #22
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I think at best in the next few years you might get to standing sections but I doubt we will see a return to an era where large sections of the ground are standing.

I think that there is a potential revenue problem for the club, in business terms seating is a more high value product. Clubs aren't going to reduce their revenue by charging less to allow people to stand, the way around that is to put seating prices up which won't be popular. The way around this is by going to a ratio above 1:1 but there are other factors here such as the max capacity based on fire regulations and local infrastructure. The suggestion that Anfield can't go beyond the 60k capacity unless roads are improved or train line is reopened etc are likely to be issues for alot of clubs.
I don't agree. Seating on the Kop is not high value compared large parts of main stand because it's not corporate and never will be.

There is no need to increase nor decrease prices for standing spaces. People want to stand. People already stand (unsafe). This will allow them to do what they want to do.

The club have regular supporter forum meetings and generating atmosphere has been identified as a priority by the supporters and the club.

There will be a small cost to replace the existing seats, if the rake of the stand allows. That is nothing compared to the money the club is making overall.

If the current stand doesn't confirm to safe standing building regs, then there is a proper investment decision to be made.