Thread: Cricket
View Single Post
Old 20-01-21, 10:13 AM   #3618
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Through the night here so not really viable after the first hour or so but I'm going to catch up with the highlights shortly.

Incredible result as you say especially 4 first choice players down, one of whom is Kohli and testament to their spirit and belief. As we play them next, hopefully it won't last
For sure, their bowling attack was lacking every seamer and they still managed to pick up 20 wickets, although Australia were pushing in the 2nd innings. It's funny that Brett Lee, Warne and some others in the com box felt that Paine batted too long.

Thought Paine should have trusted his 4th seamer (Green?) with more overs to manage the workload a bit better. Cummins, Starc and Hazelwood looked half dead at the end of that, not sure why you'd pick an allrounder and not use him when it matters, even in a holding role. Clearly he doesn't trust him.

It could be a one off and they may fall over abroad as they usually do moving forward, but I think India will take a lot of heart out of this. I remember before it was like get Tendulkar, Dravid and Laxman out, then see off Srinath with the ball and India were powerless to do any real damage 99% of the time. Even if they don't win much, they've built a base to be consistently competitive over the last few years. I'll say that Kirsten probably laid that egg
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote