It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-01-19, 03:40 PM   #3441
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

I reckon that's from that bowling alley in Widnes where he was on Saturday and has been spotted there numerous times

Bobby Firmino, our Samba star knocking about on moody industrial estates in Widnes
Old 07-01-19, 03:45 PM   #3442
Liverpool
Paisley

I used to Coutinho at the 1 in edge lane quite a bit and seen Trent there on a date drinking a slushy and leaving the girl whilst he played basketball in the arcade
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 03:45 PM   #3443
red g
Paisley

took me 2 glances...thought he had a black miniskirt on and the transition to crack whore was complete.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 04:00 PM   #3444
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Is that a McDonald's employee's cap the other fella has on?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 05:18 PM   #3445
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Firmino looks like a shit Gok Wan.
Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-19, 05:44 PM   #3446
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

That outfit suggests confidence remains high after the recent defeat.

In order of what I’d most not want to wear from that outfit it’s pretty close between the red slippers and the pendant with own name on it.

You’ve got to admire his chutzpah.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 03:08 PM   #3447
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
I used to Coutinho at the 1 in edge lane quite a bit and seen Trent there on a date drinking a slushy and leaving the girl whilst he played basketball in the arcade
Ah ha ha ha!!

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-19, 03:10 PM   #3448
Slinky Skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Is that a McDonald's employee's cap the other fella has on?
Don't eat at Maccies often then Norbs? Lol

Old 08-01-19, 07:29 PM   #3449
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post

I reckon that's from that bowling alley in Widnes where he was on Saturday and has been spotted there numerous times

Bobby Firmino, our Samba star knocking about on moody industrial estates in Widnes
Widnes ffs

Someone on here was from Widnes weren't they? Les maybe? Sorry Les
Red_Polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 03:16 PM   #3450
nineteen
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
The Liverpool boss claims that he had twenty German coaches at the recent home game against Fulham and he revealed what they had to say after the game about Firmino.

ďIn the last home game against Fulham, I had 20 German coaches in the stadium," said Klopp, according to Liverpool's official website. "Most of them were friends of mine, and I know them all.

ďThey watched the game. Iím not sure what the critics were saying about Bobby Firmino after the game, but when I saw the coaches later and we had drinks together, they were like ĎBobby Firmino... what a player!í

ďItís because of the small things he is doing, he is working hard, he is here, he is there, he has five goals now and he opens 5,000 gaps for everybody. Itís about how you see it.Ē
What a guy! Imagine knowing so many people that you can filter them by nationality and profession and still have such an impressively large number! Wow.
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 03:25 PM   #3451
calvoboy
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteen View Post
What a guy! Imagine knowing so many people that you can filter them by nationality and profession and still have such an impressively large number! Wow.
Or itís just that there was a visiting group of 20 German football coaches there that day...
calvoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 03:41 PM   #3452
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvoboy View Post
Or itís just that there was a visiting group of 20 German football coaches there that day...
klopp just counted the towels on the seats, he knew where they were from, piece of piss

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson

Last edited by baitman; 10-01-19 at 03:44 PM.
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 04:19 PM   #3453
Slinky Skills

5000 gaps lol

Old 10-01-19, 04:29 PM   #3454
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
Widnes ffs

Someone on here was from Widnes weren't they? Les maybe? Sorry Les
Yes! Les and his lad Mike. Haha. They lived in the posh bit though.
Old 10-01-19, 04:32 PM   #3455
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
The posh bit of Widnes
Old 10-01-19, 06:57 PM   #3456
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:
Ah those couple of houses up near the station
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 09:15 PM   #3457
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Everyday's an endless stream
Of cigarettes and magazines

And each town looks the same to me
The bowling and the Maccy Ds

Les and Mike's faces that I see
Remind me that I long to be

Homeward Bound
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 12:22 PM   #3458
Yozza
Shankly

Interview: Firmino on Brighton test, Salah's dancing and trio's debuts

Roberto Firmino believes Liverpool must 'maintain their focus' as they aim to respond to back-to-back defeats when they travel to Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday.

The Reds have suffered 2-1 losses to Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers in their last two outings in the Premier League and FA Cup respectively.

Nevertheless, they hold a four-point lead at the summit of the top flight and will be aiming to strengthen their grip on first place by picking up a victory at the Amex Stadium.

But Firmino knows anything less than generating a 100 per cent performance level will be punished by a Seagulls side who’ve only lost one of the last seven matches at home.

Ahead of the game, our No.9 sat down with Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood to look ahead to the fixture, as well as discussing his own run of form that has yielded four goals in his last two starts.

In addition, Firmino offered his congratulations following Mohamed Salah’s coronation as the CAF African Player of the Year for a second year running and reflected on the senior debuts of three Academy starlets at Molineux earlier this week.

Read on to see what the Brazilian had to say…

Firstly, Roberto, how important is it to bounce back at Brighton on Saturday after two defeats?

It’ll be a difficult game. Losing is obviously always bad; nobody likes to lose, and certainly not me. But now we’ve got to bounce back. We’ve worked hard every day so we’re prepared for the weekend. It’ll be a big game, a difficult game and we’ll do our best to get the three points.

Defeat at Manchester City last time out in the league, but we’re still four points clear at the top…

That’s what the Premier League is all about - it’s intensely competitive. If the team at the top stutters, the second place will overtake them. We know we can’t go to sleep and lose silly points. We must maintain our focus until the end of the season.

You’ve scored four times in your last two league games. How pleased are you to be back among the goals?

I’ve always loved scoring; I love to help my team with assists and goals. It’s what I always go out there with the aim of going to do. I love football and will do my best on the pitch. I’m really happy with everything at the moment. As players, we live for goals, victories and assists. We have to be prepared for what is in front of us and always be confident that a goal is coming, but we know you’ve got to work really hard for this to happen. All round, we have to maintain our focus.

Your understanding with Mo and Sadio looks like it’s continuing to grow…

It’s not just the understanding with Sadio and Mo Salah - it’s with the entire team. We’re in a great place at the moment. We’re maintaining this high level in the big games, and we need to carry on like this. I hope we can sustain it.

How much work goes in on the training ground to your partnership as a front three?

As I said before, the development has to be constant, the Premier League is very demanding, so your focus has to be 100 per cent and you have to work as hard as possible. You have to be consistent, which is the result of the hard work you put in working towards victories. It’s about effort, hard work day in, day out and the way we organise ourselves in training. That’s what it is.

Mo was named African Player of the Year for the second year running this week. Did you happen to see his dance?

I saw it on the internet! I would like to congratulate him on winning the African Player of the Year award for the second consecutive year. And yes, I saw that they tried to make him dance… he tried, but I don’t think it’s his forte!

Have you got any tips for him?

No, I might ask him about it later, though! His strength is playing football and scoring goals, that’s what he knows.

Back to the weekend, what do you expect from Brighton?

A difficult game, as always. There are no easy games in the Premier League. It’ll be another difficult game, but one where we’ll do our best to win. We have to maintain our focus and consistency to stay at the top.

Brighton’s home record is very impressive…

It is - and that’s one of the reasons why it’ll be a difficult game. It will be tough. It’s a good Brighton team, so we’ll have to be at our best to try to win the game. It’ll be a great game, an excellent match, very competitive.

Away from Brighton, what did you make of the debuts of Curtis Jones, Rafa Camacho and Ki-Jana Hoever earlier this week?

I think it’s really special. Three ‘debuts’ - as you say in English - from three great up-and-coming players. I really like the way they play football. Unfortunately, we didn’t win at Wolves, but they’re young - they’ll get even better and develop further.

What would be your advice to them at this stage of their young careers?

To keep their feet on the ground, to never get carried away and start thinking you’re too good. This is where it all starts for them, but they haven’t won anything yet. They need to remain focused, work hard and one day they’ll be able to show their full potential.

They obviously train with you here at Melwood. What are they like in the sessions?

The three of them are really impressive. Rafa Camacho is your typical quality Portuguese player; Curtis, as well, is quality on the ball. Ki-Jana is, again, an excellent player - and he played really well in the game against Wolves. My congratulations go to the three of them for their debuts, but now they need to keep focused and keep their feet on the ground to make the next steps.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 02:18 PM   #3459
Mike
Hip Flask Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
The posh bit of Widnes
It exists... honest
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 03:21 PM   #3460
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
It exists... honest
I'll have to take your word for it haven't been down that way for what must be over a decade now!
Old 11-01-19, 05:30 PM   #3461
Tribute
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
Interview: Firmino on Brighton test, Salah's dancing and trio's debuts

Roberto Firmino believes Liverpool must 'maintain their focus' as they aim to respond to back-to-back defeats when they travel to Brighton and Hove Albion on Saturday.

The Reds have suffered 2-1 losses to Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers in their last two outings in the Premier League and FA Cup respectively.

Nevertheless, they hold a four-point lead at the summit of the top flight and will be aiming to strengthen their grip on first place by picking up a victory at the Amex Stadium.

But Firmino knows anything less than generating a 100 per cent performance level will be punished by a Seagulls side whoíve only lost one of the last seven matches at home.

Ahead of the game, our No.9 sat down with Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood to look ahead to the fixture, as well as discussing his own run of form that has yielded four goals in his last two starts.

In addition, Firmino offered his congratulations following Mohamed Salahís coronation as the CAF African Player of the Year for a second year running and reflected on the senior debuts of three Academy starlets at Molineux earlier this week.

Read on to see what the Brazilian had to sayÖ

Firstly, Roberto, how important is it to bounce back at Brighton on Saturday after two defeats?

Itíll be a difficult game. Losing is obviously always bad; nobody likes to lose, and certainly not me. But now weíve got to bounce back. Weíve worked hard every day so weíre prepared for the weekend. Itíll be a big game, a difficult game and weíll do our best to get the three points.

Defeat at Manchester City last time out in the league, but weíre still four points clear at the topÖ

Thatís what the Premier League is all about - itís intensely competitive. If the team at the top stutters, the second place will overtake them. We know we canít go to sleep and lose silly points. We must maintain our focus until the end of the season.

Youíve scored four times in your last two league games. How pleased are you to be back among the goals?

Iíve always loved scoring; I love to help my team with assists and goals. Itís what I always go out there with the aim of going to do. I love football and will do my best on the pitch. Iím really happy with everything at the moment. As players, we live for goals, victories and assists. We have to be prepared for what is in front of us and always be confident that a goal is coming, but we know youíve got to work really hard for this to happen. All round, we have to maintain our focus.

Your understanding with Mo and Sadio looks like itís continuing to growÖ

Itís not just the understanding with Sadio and Mo Salah - itís with the entire team. Weíre in a great place at the moment. Weíre maintaining this high level in the big games, and we need to carry on like this. I hope we can sustain it.

How much work goes in on the training ground to your partnership as a front three?

As I said before, the development has to be constant, the Premier League is very demanding, so your focus has to be 100 per cent and you have to work as hard as possible. You have to be consistent, which is the result of the hard work you put in working towards victories. Itís about effort, hard work day in, day out and the way we organise ourselves in training. Thatís what it is.

Mo was named African Player of the Year for the second year running this week. Did you happen to see his dance?

I saw it on the internet! I would like to congratulate him on winning the African Player of the Year award for the second consecutive year. And yes, I saw that they tried to make him danceÖ he tried, but I donít think itís his forte!

Have you got any tips for him?

No, I might ask him about it later, though! His strength is playing football and scoring goals, thatís what he knows.

Back to the weekend, what do you expect from Brighton?

A difficult game, as always. There are no easy games in the Premier League. Itíll be another difficult game, but one where weíll do our best to win. We have to maintain our focus and consistency to stay at the top.

Brightonís home record is very impressiveÖ

It is - and thatís one of the reasons why itíll be a difficult game. It will be tough. Itís a good Brighton team, so weíll have to be at our best to try to win the game. Itíll be a great game, an excellent match, very competitive.

Away from Brighton, what did you make of the debuts of Curtis Jones, Rafa Camacho and Ki-Jana Hoever earlier this week?

I think itís really special. Three Ďdebutsí - as you say in English - from three great up-and-coming players. I really like the way they play football. Unfortunately, we didnít win at Wolves, but theyíre young - theyíll get even better and develop further.

What would be your advice to them at this stage of their young careers?

To keep their feet on the ground, to never get carried away and start thinking youíre too good. This is where it all starts for them, but they havenít won anything yet. They need to remain focused, work hard and one day theyíll be able to show their full potential.

They obviously train with you here at Melwood. What are they like in the sessions?

The three of them are really impressive. Rafa Camacho is your typical quality Portuguese player; Curtis, as well, is quality on the ball. Ki-Jana is, again, an excellent player - and he played really well in the game against Wolves. My congratulations go to the three of them for their debuts, but now they need to keep focused and keep their feet on the ground to make the next steps.
...I must say, Bobby's english is fucking amazing these days. 'Forte' ffs.. even some people who live here don't know what that means.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 06:54 PM   #3462
fah-q
Touching cloth

Unless it’s the number forte bus!
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 12:04 PM   #3463
Rigadon
Dalglish

From the BBC:

Quote:
Since Jurgen Klopp took over at Liverpool in October 2015, Roberto Firmino has been directly involved in 69 Premier League goals, more than any other player for the Reds (45 goals, 24 assists).
Could be a big player for us over the next 4 months. Need him to be more involved.
Old 20-01-19, 01:28 PM   #3464
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigadon View Post
From the BBC:

Could be a big player for us over the next 4 months. Need him to be more involved.
He's definitely been more involved recently and getting used to his new role more. We can't expect him to score at the same rate as last year, but 5 in the last 4 games suggests he could finish the season with a good few more.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-19, 02:33 PM   #3465
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigadon View Post
From the BBC:

9 goals and three assists in the league from what is pretty much an attacking midfielder role is a pretty good return though.

Would guess that if he was starting in the same position as he played in last season that those numbers would be higher still.

He is doing more of a workhorse role than last season and as such I think he does not always catch the eye.
Old 05-02-19, 12:50 AM   #3466
Tee
El Pistolero

Worst game I can ever remember from him. Looked like wasn’t arsed at all, very disappointing
Old 05-02-19, 12:53 AM   #3467
Liverpool
Paisley

teams have got wise to Salah in the middle and Bobby deeper, needs to be knocked on head
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 01:28 AM   #3468
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
teams have got wise to Salah in the middle and Bobby deeper, needs to be knocked on head
Back to 4-3-3...!
Old 05-02-19, 09:24 AM   #3469
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Worst game I can ever remember from him. Looked like wasnít arsed at all, very disappointing
Quote:
The "he wasn't arsed at all" thing is shite and really unfair Tee.

He had a really poor game and I agree with Adam that the role he's playing doesn't suit him nearly as well as where he played last season.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-19, 12:09 PM   #3470
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

He was trying to literally nothing was coming off, lost count of the amount of times he gave the ball away. Salah and Bobby tore it up last night, the change of role has messed with the balance up top no doubts.
Old 05-02-19, 12:29 PM   #3471
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Only in the last few games though.

We played with Salah up top loads of times and it has worked.

Bournemouth away for example.
Old 05-02-19, 12:33 PM   #3472
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Only in the last few games though.

We played with Salah up top loads of times and it has worked.

Bournemouth away for example.
I think we've been functional but Salah and Bobby just looked so much more dangerous last season.... especially Bobby.
Old 05-02-19, 05:57 PM   #3473
Tee
El Pistolero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
The "he wasn't arsed at all" thing is shite and really unfair Tee.

He had a really poor game and I agree with Adam that the role he's playing doesn't suit him nearly as well as where he played last season.
Well I didnít see the level of press we come to expect from him. Makes a massive difference when he is on it
Old 06-02-19, 09:36 AM   #3474
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Well I didnít see the level of press we come to expect from him. Makes a massive difference when he is on it
I do agree with that. His energy levels looked off. I know a few of the team have had a virus (Milner travelled separately from the rest of the squad). I wonder if Bobby was affected too?

I just think if you're going to criticise anyone for not being arsed, Bobby is right at the back of that list. He always gives his all. For whatever reason he was misplacing even the simplest of passes and I think it got into his head.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 07:35 PM   #3475
greenturnip
Evans

Some great play from him today. He plays, we play.
greenturnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-19, 08:03 PM   #3476
Venton
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenturnip View Post
Some great play from him today. He plays, we play.
Wonderful player.
Old 10-02-19, 09:17 AM   #3477
danperkins

Keep him in that centre forward role and no out wide. Both players look so much better there.
Old 10-02-19, 01:54 PM   #3478
Charly
Dalglish

When Firmino plays well, the team tend to score a lot of goals... when he is not on form, we tend to scrape results by the odd goal.

I feel Firmino and VVD are our two most "pivotable" players, without whom we are forced to adjust the way we play to a much larger degree than say Salah or Mane.
Old 10-02-19, 01:58 PM   #3479
rodo
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Keep him in that centre forward role and no out wide. Both players look so much better there.
Old 11-02-19, 04:20 AM   #3480
banditos
Rocket Surgeon

Pretty sure Iíbe read that Bobby is largely the orchestrator of our pressing too. If heís on, the team is too.
banditos is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC