It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 10-02-19, 11:09 PM   #2561
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanm View Post
I was talking about that match. He barely got on the ball. Am sure you knew that though x
I genuinely didn't. There were a few comments on the site about him being off form.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 01:07 PM   #2562
McDermotX
Paisley

If Robbo approves, then it's decided.
Old 24-02-19, 06:53 PM   #2563
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Can we discuss his form or is it still too early?

That first half lame attempt at a free-kick summed him up. It was complete shit.

We all want him to play well and score. For me he's scored in games but I can count on one hand the games where he has looked like the Mo of last year. If we win it doesn't matter. Obviously.

The injury accounted for his early form. Obviously he's had a different role for many games. But has he simply been over played? He has zero spark. He looks so flat. His touch and decision making is dire. May be it's confidence. We need the real Mo to stand up and drag us over the line. I'd have kept him on today and subbed Studge.
Old 24-02-19, 07:22 PM   #2564
Exiled_red
Paisley

He is certainly not influencing games like he was last season (and I don't just mean the goals). Obviously he is still our top scorer this season but I feel that even when he has scored he hasn't necessarily played well, often he has got a goal but done little else in the game which is fine if you win games, but is more of a problem when you don't.

The front 3 have all been like that to a certain extent, Mane has been the best of them but even his form has been patchy. I think we are now paying the price for not having someone who is a natural goalscorer from the bench (the type of player who you if you need a goal you know you can bring on and will probably do the business). The first choice 3 are all very capable as we saw last season but there is no fall back option, either to change things or to rotate them. If we had another top quality player I think we might rest Salah, but Sturridge and Origi aren't good enough, I see Origi as more of a threat than Sturridge but he's miles behind in terms of quality

Last edited by Exiled_red; 24-02-19 at 07:24 PM.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 08:02 PM   #2565
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

He seems so much more predictable this season and nowhere near as dynamic
Old 24-02-19, 08:49 PM   #2566
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Nearly every touch was heavy today. Not good to see.
Old 24-02-19, 08:53 PM   #2567
danperkins

All 3 front lads have been inconsistent this season.
Old 24-02-19, 08:55 PM   #2568
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

I wasn't sure why he wasn't moved into the centre when Roberto went off, he's done alright there in the past. Putting shaq on the right and moving Salah to the middle has to be a better option than expecting Sturbridge or Origi to link up play. Sturridge couldn't get near the ball.
Old 24-02-19, 09:15 PM   #2569
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I wasn't sure why he wasn't moved into the centre when Roberto went off, he's done alright there in the past. Putting shaq on the right and moving Salah to the middle has to be a better option than expecting Sturbridge or Origi to link up play. Sturridge couldn't get near the ball.
Old 24-02-19, 09:18 PM   #2570
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

As inconsistent and as bad the front three have played all season, they've helped us to top of the league. I'll have that.
Old 24-02-19, 09:18 PM   #2571
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

He's not getting space this season yet still tops the PL scoring charts.

Sell
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 09:56 PM   #2572
Chris
Typing Tourettes is a thing

He can take a better touch here and there etc but I'm not sure what he's meant to do in games like that really, it was essentially 8 defenders v 3 attackers with them safe in the knowledge we have no one in midfield to pick a pass or dribble through or round someone and drag others out of position. We are meant to get him the ball in the penalty area but it's not happening and that's a much bigger issue than himself. Loads of his touches nowadays seem to be well outside the area with his back to goal after he's had some ball punted from full back to him, he's not going to be working many miracles when he gets the ball there.

He's still doing very well which says how good he is but I don't think it's a coincidence his best relationships on the pitch have been with Phil and Ox. He misses the latter massively. The goals at West Brom, v Newcastle, v Chelsea, at the Etihad in the CL are a weapon we've totally lost without Ox fit and that's our own fault to be fair, this is hardly an issue that was sprung on us, we knew this in early May or whenever Roma first leg was. I expect him and the other two to go up a level when our midfield is capable of creating better chances. The midfield is great going the other way so it's not all bad but I don't think it's helping our attack much.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-19, 10:14 PM   #2573
ronanm
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
He's not getting space this season yet still tops the PL scoring charts.

Sell
I have mentioned his form a few times this season yet have been shouted down on here. Yes, he's joint Top in the scoring charts. But he has been awol in a lot of games this season. Shackled or whatever but rarely bursts past a player. It's a worry to me. Very quiet today. Again.
Old 25-02-19, 12:36 PM   #2574
gratziani
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
He can take a better touch here and there etc but I'm not sure what he's meant to do in games like that really, it was essentially 8 defenders v 3 attackers with them safe in the knowledge we have no one in midfield to pick a pass or dribble through or round someone and drag others out of position. We are meant to get him the ball in the penalty area but it's not happening and that's a much bigger issue than himself. Loads of his touches nowadays seem to be well outside the area with his back to goal after he's had some ball punted from full back to him, he's not going to be working many miracles when he gets the ball there.

He's still doing very well which says how good he is but I don't think it's a coincidence his best relationships on the pitch have been with Phil and Ox. He misses the latter massively. The goals at West Brom, v Newcastle, v Chelsea, at the Etihad in the CL are a weapon we've totally lost without Ox fit and that's our own fault to be fair, this is hardly an issue that was sprung on us, we knew this in early May or whenever Roma first leg was. I expect him and the other two to go up a level when our midfield is capable of creating better chances. The midfield is great going the other way so it's not all bad but I don't think it's helping our attack much.

Massive loss for the front three and lack of help from Midfield, zero goal threat and creativity in some games,

Almost like the front three have to create out of nothing and if they don't they are the fault.
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-19, 01:35 PM   #2575
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratziani View Post

Massive loss for the front three and lack of help from Midfield, zero goal threat and creativity in some games,

Almost like the front three have to create out of nothing and if they don't they are the fault.
Yeah been saying it all season there's a massive disconnect between front 3 and the midfield. Shaq done well first half of season creating chances and scoring some goals but he's gone way off in 2019. Teams have found a way to play against us recently that is effective and we seem to be struggling to find an answer. Think is we don't have the personnel in midfield to be creative . Lallana and Shaq maybe but both inconsistent and Keita hasn't provided much going forward either. Klopp needs a work around.
Old 25-02-19, 01:54 PM   #2576
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Yeah been saying it all season there's a massive disconnect between front 3 and the midfield. Shaq done well first half of season creating chances and scoring some goals but he's gone way off in 2019. Teams have found a way to play against us recently that is effective and we seem to be struggling to find an answer. Think is we don't have the personnel in midfield to be creative . Lallana and Shaq maybe but both inconsistent and Keita hasn't provided much going forward either. Klopp needs a work around.

Think it might be a bit harsh to say Shaqiri has been patchy. Think does not get enough minutes to do much and when he does get time I reckon (not checked yet) his goals/assists per minutes played would stand up pretty well.

Along with our usual midfield options not being overly creative, a big issue in my eyes has been dropping Firmino into a deeper position more often than not. His return from a deeper role is actually quite decent if you look at it purely from where he is playing, but we saw last season just how much more he can get in terms of goals/assists/secondary assists when in a more forward role from which he can roam.

But for any observations I can make with an untrained eye, where we are in the league is what tells the story and so far this season the changes and player usage that seems odd to the likes of me are getting points on the board so maybe, just maybe, that Klopp fella knows a tiny bit more than I do
Old 27-02-19, 11:59 PM   #2577
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Drought since he got near 50 League goals for us.

2 League games without a goal. 3 games without a goal.

Watch out Everton.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 07:19 PM   #2578
dom9
Ant Pisser

Too many touches. Too many bad decisions. It's like his confidence has gone.

We need him to get it back.
Old 03-03-19, 07:19 PM   #2579
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Drought since he got near 50 League goals for us.

2 League games without a goal. 3 games without a goal.

Watch out Everton.
Still shit. He's not shit but he's been playing shit a lot lately.
Old 03-03-19, 07:20 PM   #2580
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Hes got a first touch worse than purple Aki at the minute.
Leyton388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 07:21 PM   #2581
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

He was very very good midweek though. We need other players to take the load off him.
Old 03-03-19, 07:21 PM   #2582
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
He was very very good midweek though. We need other players to take the load off him.
Needs to do it when it matters.
Old 03-03-19, 07:52 PM   #2583
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post

Decisions making and first touch were woeful today
Old 03-03-19, 07:54 PM   #2584
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Needs to do it when it matters.
So what do you do? Players go through these phases.
Old 03-03-19, 07:57 PM   #2585
gratziani
Dalglish

Only player who looked like scoring today , last season he puts them in corner so keeper can not save them.
Old 03-03-19, 07:57 PM   #2586
danperkins

Mo is more of a flat track bully this season... whereas last season he was destroying every one.
Old 03-03-19, 08:00 PM   #2587
gratziani
Dalglish

17 goals in league suggests he is doing his bit,

Need others to step up when he doesn't
Old 03-03-19, 08:16 PM   #2588
BootRoom
Fagan

He missed a lot of chances last season but in the end it didn't matter because we created so many and he scored so many. This season we're not creating as many and because we're in a title fight the misses appear more crucial. His all round play has been subpar for a while though, constantly running into defenders, misplacing simple passes and making wrong decisions.
BootRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 08:27 PM   #2589
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootRoom View Post
He missed a lot of chances last season but in the end it didn't matter because we created so many and he scored so many. This season we're not creating as many and because we're in a title fight the misses appear more crucial. His all round play has been subpar for a while though, constantly running into defenders, misplacing simple passes and making wrong decisions.
Old 03-03-19, 10:02 PM   #2590
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
17 goals in league suggests he is doing his bit,

Need others to step up when he doesn't
Difficult when Klopp keeps 'others' on the bench. Him and Mane are feeling the nervous strains.
Old 04-03-19, 11:46 AM   #2591
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootRoom View Post
That was at the beginning of the season, second half he was utterly ruthless. He'd have had a hat-trick easily yesterday on last season's form.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 11:52 AM   #2592
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Its not just his finishing this season, his touch & decision making at times has looked miles off this season
Old 04-03-19, 11:56 AM   #2593
Scratch
If you fail once....

Could have had a couple last night, but I think he's feeling the pressure of breaking this 50 goal record a bit, and is fluffing his lines. Need him to fluke one in asap, then he'll be back to the Mo of old.
Old 04-03-19, 11:58 AM   #2594
Maxiedge
Shankly

Just seeing him come out of the tunnel yesterday, he looked so pale and unwell. He looked shell-shocked even before kicking a ball. Was it just me who thought this?
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 12:03 PM   #2595
gratziani
Dalglish

Anyone feel like he is playing at his normal level when last season was worldy form

If he hit 20 goals last season there would be no worries about this season but because he was brilliant in his first season being unfairly compared to last.
Old 04-03-19, 06:57 PM   #2596
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiedge View Post
Just seeing him come out of the tunnel yesterday, he looked so pale and unwell. He looked shell-shocked even before kicking a ball. Was it just me who thought this?
Thought it was my tv.
Old 04-03-19, 07:46 PM   #2597
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Sell the cunt
Old 04-03-19, 08:40 PM   #2598
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Sell the cunt
While his stock is reasonably high? Good thinking.
Old 04-03-19, 09:02 PM   #2599
Lecter
Nicked from elsewhere

Quote:
Anyone feel like he is playing at his normal level when last season was worldy form

If he hit 20 goals last season there would be no worries about this season but because he was brilliant in his first season being unfairly compared to last.
Hes more tightly marked this season but hes been at a lower level than last season

A few games this season hes got close to that level of last season but generally he has been below par

I think it was mentioned in another thread but our forwards have become more selfish and this has meant that the free-flowing football is a bit disjointed as players are holding the ball too long or are making selfish decisions whereas last season more often than not they were not doing this
Old 05-03-19, 01:54 AM   #2600
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Sell the cunt
If we dont win the league then he might have already decided

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC