It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 04-02-20, 03:23 PM   #3521
Zapater
Dalglish

Even though it looks like England have slopped away, barring a get massive final few overs you'd take it.

See Tom Curran is back in the team. Again, not a player that's particularly noteworthy, but another one who only left South Africa 7 years ago.
Zapater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:40 PM   #3522
Yozza
Shankly

258 - for 8 wickets (50.0overs)

We'd have taken that at 131-6

Soon see if it's gonna be enough - it is a slow pitch

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 03:45 PM   #3523
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
258 - for 8 wickets (50.0overs)

We'd have taken that at 131-6

Soon see if it's gonna be enough - it is a slow pitch
Should be enough. We're 6 all out, such a long tail and ordinary and inconsistent batting overall.
Old 04-02-20, 05:41 PM   #3524
Yozza
Shankly

You should do this easily....

South Africa

117 - for 1 wicket (22.5overs)

South Africa need 142 runs to win from 27.1 overs

Old 04-02-20, 07:36 PM   #3525
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Even though it looks like England have slopped away, barring a get massive final few overs you'd take it.

See Tom Curran is back in the team. Again, not a player that's particularly noteworthy,

Not especially noteworthy yet for England but his time could still come. He's been one of the best bowlers in the Big Bash for the past couple of years.

but another one who only left South Africa 7 years ago.

His dad is Zimbabwean and played much of his cricket in the UK so presumably was only in SA because the situation was better than in Zimbabwe.

He (Tom) also had some of his schooling in the UK.

Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-20, 07:56 PM   #3526
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozza View Post
You should do this easily....

South Africa

117 - for 1 wicket (22.5overs)

South Africa need 142 runs to win from 27.1 overs
Meant to say that it should be chased, not sure where my mind was haha. England were poor, but decent performance. Maybe Bavuma has found his format, batted really well today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
His dad is Zimbabwean and played much of his cricket in the UK so presumably was only in SA because the situation was better than in Zimbabwe.
He (Tom) also had some of his schooling in the UK.
Yes, I'm aware of the family. His father, Kevin played a lot of domestic cricket in SA too. Unlike Sam, [to my knowledge has never spent significant time in SA] Tom is born in SA, and went to school here (in Cape Town and Durban) until he was 17, when he moved to the UK.
Old 05-02-20, 08:58 AM   #3527
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Yup.

Been enjoying Hales form especially.
Yeah he’s been amazing hasn’t he
Old 07-02-20, 09:55 PM   #3528
RichC
Meh

Attempted match fixers getting some jail time.

Jamshed played more than 60 times for Pakistan, complete fucking idiot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51419342
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 10:51 PM   #3529
ChesterDave
Paisley

You can maybe find a little sympathy for the kids who are starting out and in awe of the older players who they look up and fall into this trap. Essentially they are groomed by the more experienced players. But fellas in their 30s doing it. Fuck em! Glad they are out the sport
Old 09-02-20, 04:48 PM   #3530
RichC
Meh

Blimey. England tried to give that away in the end.
Old 09-02-20, 08:08 PM   #3531
Zapater
Dalglish

Was at the game, clearly a glutton for punishment. England won fair and square, despite their best efforts to let us snatch it at the end. We were probably 25 runs or so short and it showed. Even though it was a good, competitive game, it is always a little strange when both teams are missing a couple of good players.

Also shit game management to steal a term from football. No idea why Miller took so many singles to let bowlers take strike when he should have maximised the number of balls faced, Dhoni has done this to perfection his whole career and farms the strike when he's in the zone even if there's a recognised batsmen on the other end. Miller easily could have scored those extra 20 odd which could have changed the result. Regardless the long tail is getting ridiculous. We have 3 or 4 genuine number 11s.

On a positive, Jesus Christ! I don't think I've ever seen such a concentration of beautiful women anywhere else in my life. It was absolutely ridiculous, everywhere you looked scantily dressed young birds. I've watched cricket and other sports all over the world and nowhere comes close to the Wanderers. And it's strange because I wouldn't say that Joburg has the hottest chicks out of any city (although it's very decent) but it's like the cricket is a calling. I'd say 95% of them don't know what's going on and hardly watch a ball, but it's great viewing between deliveries or when the quality on the pitch is lulling. I took some friends from Belgium and Spain who don't know much about cricket and they couldn't believe what was on offer
Old 09-02-20, 08:10 PM   #3532
RichC
Meh

16 year old Pakistan bowler becomes the youngest bowler to take a test hat-trick. Good on him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/51436954
Old 09-02-20, 09:05 PM   #3533
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapater View Post
Was at the game, clearly a glutton for punishment. England won fair and square, despite their best efforts to let us snatch it at the end. We were probably 25 runs or so short and it showed. Even though it was a good, competitive game, it is always a little strange when both teams are missing a couple of good players.

Also shit game management to steal a term from football. No idea why Miller took so many singles to let bowlers take strike when he should have maximised the number of balls faced, Dhoni has done this to perfection his whole career and farms the strike when he's in the zone even if there's a recognised batsmen on the other end. Miller easily could have scored those extra 20 odd which could have changed the result. Regardless the long tail is getting ridiculous. We have 3 or 4 genuine number 11s.

On a positive, Jesus Christ! I don't think I've ever seen such a concentration of beautiful women anywhere else in my life. It was absolutely ridiculous, everywhere you looked scantily dressed young birds. I've watched cricket and other sports all over the world and nowhere comes close to the Wanderers. And it's strange because I wouldn't say that Joburg has the hottest chicks out of any city (although it's very decent) but it's like the cricket is a calling. I'd say 95% of them don't know what's going on and hardly watch a ball, but it's great viewing between deliveries or when the quality on the pitch is lulling. I took some friends from Belgium and Spain who don't know much about cricket and they couldn't believe what was on offer

Pictures?
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-20, 05:59 PM   #3534
Yozza
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
16 year old Pakistan bowler becomes the youngest bowler to take a test hat-trick. Good on him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/cricket/51436954
Yeah outstanding & brave of Pakistan to play him

Old 16-02-20, 05:05 PM   #3535
RichC
Meh

Cracking display of hitting in that T20 today.

Good run chase by England in the end 223 was a decent knock from SA
Old 16-02-20, 09:06 PM   #3536
Zapater
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichC View Post
Cracking display of hitting in that T20 today.

Good run chase by England in the end 223 was a decent knock from SA
I hate T20 and don't usually watch it, but as much as I hate to say it, I thoroughly enjoyed this series. I think it was the close competition and how hard fought it was.

Entertainment sure, but still can't stand it. It's a platform for wank medium pacers who can slog a bit, like Pretorious to look like half decent cricketers.
Old 24-02-20, 08:47 AM   #3537
Zapater
Dalglish

I know India are historically shit away, but losing by 10 wickets against NZ within 3 and a half days. That's shocking. They should be ashamed of themselves considering their calibre of player. Yet, somehow with the way the rankings are skewed, they'll never drop below 3rd or 4th.
Old 29-03-20, 10:28 PM   #3538
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Can recommend the Test on Amazon Prime.

7 part series following the Aussie Cricket team post scandal.

Really good insight, in the main they come across as a cracking bunch of lads. Maybe except Warner...
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > General Sports