It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 12-02-20, 03:09 PM   #3921
baitman
Daddy day care

Just seen Lovren on tv going on about how they are all kids and klopp is the father figure, etc...

Every time he opens his mouth...

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 03:46 PM   #3922
frank the tank
Shankly

see him on skysports.com - saying that he wants LFC to be like Peps Barca and win 20 trophies in the next 4 years or so......

The guy does my head in. Like the time last year where he said he thought we'd go unbeaten.

Please get rid!!!
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:17 PM   #3923
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I think you guys are just looking for a reason to hate.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:39 PM   #3924
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
see him on skysports.com - saying that he wants LFC to be like Peps Barca and win 20 trophies in the next 4 years or so......

The guy does my head in. Like the time last year where he said he thought we'd go unbeaten.

Please get rid!!!
We did?
Old 12-02-20, 04:47 PM   #3925
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Nah, there is definitely something to it.

I seen him say hello to a photographer before the United game and knew we'd be in for a tough afternoon. Thankfully we held on for a draw.

Saying Klopp is like a father figure is beyond the pale though.
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 05:11 PM   #3926
Mr Pink
Houllier

Everyone at the club has been saying week in, week out that we take it one game at a time, nothing is won yet, etc etc....

Everyone except that fuckin dope. For him heís talking bout us dominating the next few years.. he should be doing interviews bout how heís working hard to try get in the team/extend his contract etc...

Salah/Mane could be excused for having such arrogance, but not bench warmers ffs.. I know itís a squad game and everyone plays their part and all that, but this joker needs a reality check.

Part of this is on the club too- how the fuck is he not banned from talking to the press is beyond me. Someone needs to tell him that the main reason we are the best team in the world right now is cos we upgraded his position massively, and that he really shouldnít think so highly of himself..
Old 12-02-20, 05:16 PM   #3927
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
even I think thatís another myth we can dispel
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 05:27 PM   #3928
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitman View Post
Just seen Lovren on tv going on about how they are all kids and klopp is the father figure, etc...

Every time he opens his mouth...
Jeez, people (Lovren) can't say anything these days before the PC (Press Conference) Brigade jump all over them.

Last edited by dom9; 12-02-20 at 05:32 PM.
dom9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 05:42 PM   #3929
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Jeez, people (Lovren) can't say anything these days before the PC (Press Conference) Brigade jump all over them.

Donít have a problem with him saying Klopp is a father figure, even though think he sounds like a Nancy saying it...

I think most peoples problem is what heís saying about we want to win 20 trophies in 4 years... it sounds just like last year when he said we can go the full season unbeaten (a few days before we were beat). Both times heís the only one in the squad saying these kind of things.

We as fans say these things, Iím sure the players talk about it in private... but if all the other players and manager are avoiding the media bait every week bout the title already being won, why does Lovren go and say weíre also gonna win 19 other trophies in the next 4 years!!!
Old 12-02-20, 05:44 PM   #3930
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post
We did?
Nope. We lost to Man City about a week after Degsy went to press......
Old 12-02-20, 05:44 PM   #3931
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Nah, there is definitely something to it.

I seen him say hello to a photographer before the United game and knew we'd be in for a tough afternoon. Thankfully we held on for a draw.

Saying Klopp is like a father figure is beyond the pale though.
Old 12-02-20, 05:47 PM   #3932
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Everyone at the club has been saying week in, week out that we take it one game at a time, nothing is won yet, etc etc....

Everyone except that fuckin dope. For him heís talking bout us dominating the next few years.. he should be doing interviews bout how heís working hard to try get in the team/extend his contract etc...

Salah/Mane could be excused for having such arrogance, but not bench warmers ffs.. I know itís a squad game and everyone plays their part and all that, but this joker needs a reality check.

Part of this is on the club too- how the fuck is he not banned from talking to the press is beyond me. Someone needs to tell him that the main reason we are the best team in the world right now is cos we upgraded his position massively, and that he really shouldnít think so highly of himself..

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter!!!!
Old 13-02-20, 12:19 AM   #3933
banditos
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Donít have a problem with him saying Klopp is a father figure, even though think he sounds like a Nancy saying it...

I think most peoples problem is what heís saying about we want to win 20 trophies in 4 years... it sounds just like last year when he said we can go the full season unbeaten (a few days before we were beat). Both times heís the only one in the squad saying these kind of things.

We as fans say these things, Iím sure the players talk about it in private... but if all the other players and manager are avoiding the media bait every week bout the title already being won, why does Lovren go and say weíre also gonna win 19 other trophies in the next 4 years!!!
Didnít Klopp say something similar. That they all want to look back in 20 years and not remember which trophy win was which?
banditos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 12:32 AM   #3934
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditos View Post
Didnít Klopp say something similar. That they all want to look back in 20 years and not remember which trophy win was which?
Exactly.

Lovren hasn't said anything controversial at all.
Old 13-02-20, 12:42 AM   #3935
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

The guy is optimistic and outspoken, if the players can't replicate that on the pitch (which they are) then that's not his fault.

I don't hear any definitive statements apart from having belief and ambition.
Old 13-02-20, 12:43 AM   #3936
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditos View Post

You really think itís the same??

Klopp was being interviewed about the winning the champions league, AFTER we won it- he was making the point that our work is not done, it is not the end of the road, and they still have plenty of ambition, etc etc..

Lovren was being interviewed about winning the premier league, BEFORE weíve won it.. heís making the point that weíre already thinking about the next trophies etc...
Old 13-02-20, 12:52 AM   #3937
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Dejan Lovren

The beginning of the end starts Saturday anyway, storm Dennis arrives, our game gets postponed and shortage of matches ensures that we jet off to Madrid well short of match practice, where we get beaten and eventually get dumped out of the cl. The resulting chaos sees us through until the end of the season as we rapidly lose our lead and City pips us at the post.

Yep Dejan, you should have shut your mouth son.

Last edited by Fredo; 13-02-20 at 12:55 AM.
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 01:02 AM   #3938
SB
Paisley

If Klopp had a problem with him talking to the press he would have shut him down before this. Meh
Old 13-02-20, 01:04 AM   #3939
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
You really think it’s the same??

Klopp was being interviewed about the winning the champions league, AFTER we won it- he was making the point that our work is not done, it is not the end of the road, and they still have plenty of ambition, etc etc..

Lovren was being interviewed about winning the premier league, BEFORE we’ve won it.. he’s making the point that we’re already thinking about the next trophies etc...
He's not. He's saying the same thing. He is talking about success for this group under Klopp. He is confident and articulate. There is nothing controversial here.

Quote:
;I've been there from the beginning with Jurgen and it took quite a while, two or three years to build everything up, Let's say, we clicked this year - maybe even last year - but we missed out by one point.

'Now we understand each other, what we need, what we want. And I especially want, that we are remembered maybe like the Barcelona team that won in four years [around] 20 trophies.

'Why should we not do that? I think we can do it and I want that we are remembered as one of the best teams that have played - not only for this year, but for many, many years.

"We are still hungry, still greedy and this is what makes us special to be honest.

"I think many other teams would go easy now with a 22-point lead but we don't look at these 22 points. We are just focused game-by-game and this I think is the simplest way to be the best.

It's not a lie. It's a privilege to be in the dressing-room and to see smiley faces, but it's not just about smiley faces - it's about how we are still reacting on the training ground," Lovren said.

"It is a good experience also for the younger ones, to understand that even if you are on top you still need to work as hard as if you were in the middle of the table or in last position."

The Croatia international admits he finds it difficult not being in the team, and while he is thrilled with the team's performances over the last 12 months, Lovren cannot guarantee he will be at Anfield last season.

You are fighting with yourself in your mind, asking 'Why not?'. But you are accepting it, you are moving on and from my personal point of view I want to be better every day in the training sessions.

"I'm patient. I'm working behind closed doors a lot and sometimes it is frustrating when you don't play," he added

"The day will come when I will get again the chance so I am happy that I am not injured - which is the most important thing - and I'm also happy that we are all together and we have a full squad at the moment.'
He even ends the interview with some uncertainty over his future with the club.

Quote:
"Of course I want to be in the team that wins many trophies. I think, and I feel, that I have quite a lot of years to give especially in professional football. I'm 30, so another good five years. I don't think I'm just a throwaway. If the club needs me I am here, I am happy. But you never know what can happen in the summer. At the moment I am just focused on the point where I can say I made it [as part of a great team]."

Last edited by Buzzo; 13-02-20 at 01:06 AM.
Old 13-02-20, 01:15 AM   #3940
SB
Paisley

Quote:
"I think many other teams would go easy now with a 22-point lead but we don't look at these 22 points. We are just focused game-by-game and this I think is the simplest way to be the best
Nowt wrong with this either
Old 13-02-20, 01:21 AM   #3941
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Nowt wrong with this either
It's a brilliant interview. Very professional, on message, mature. ambitious, but understanding.

If he leaves, good luck to him, but we will do well to find a replacement who has played in World Cup finals, Champions League finals, has experience, but who also realises he has to accept he needs to await injury to get a game.

He has had his moments Dejan, but they were years ago. He has contributed well this season.

Some people will never give him a chance.
Old 13-02-20, 01:55 AM   #3942
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
It's a brilliant interview. Very professional, on message, mature. ambitious, but understanding.

If he leaves, good luck to him, but we will do well to find a replacement who has played in World Cup finals, Champions League finals, has experience, but who also realises he has to accept he needs to await injury to get a game.

He has had his moments Dejan, but they were years ago. He has contributed well this season.

Usual simpletons with their agenda on here.

They love a scapegoat. A cartoon villain.

Even in the midst of the greatest run of fixtures in history they persist with their illl formed idiocy.

Odd balls.
Old 13-02-20, 03:21 AM   #3943
banditos
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Agreed. Nothing wrong with being optimistic and telling the world what the team’s ambitions are. Ppl on here are making out that he’s crowing about us having it all stitched up, which he clearly isn’t. Would you rather he gave a Hodgson-style pep talk about how amazing away draws were?
banditos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 09:50 AM   #3944
frank the tank
Shankly

Actually Dejan has been brilliant in the last 18 months or so to be fair. Always ready when needed.........a super professional.........apart from that time he didn't warm up properly and had to come off v Wolves in the cup after 5 minutes.

Also, his fuck up v Shrewsbury led to the replay.......which helped in the development of hopefully about half a dozen future first team regulars. Fair play Degsy.
Old 13-02-20, 10:14 AM   #3945
Yozza
Shankly

He has said some dopey things in the past - 'best defender in the world' - but nothing wrong with that interview at all

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 10:18 AM   #3946
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Actually Dejan has been brilliant in the last 18 months or so to be fair. Always ready when needed.........a super professional.........apart from that time he didn't warm up properly and had to come off v Wolves in the cup after 5 minutes.

Also, his fuck up v Shrewsbury led to the replay.......which helped in the development of hopefully about half a dozen future first team regulars. Fair play Degsy.
Axe. To. Grind.

The Wolves game in the Cup was a year ago and we had an injury crisis. As if he didnít warm up properly FFS.

You could say the same with Gomez early in the season. Came back and took a while to get into the groove, was actually dropped after the Salzburg game.

Haters gonna hate though. Even considering the position we are in.
Old 13-02-20, 12:51 PM   #3947
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:

he has been a participant of this phenomenal winning run during a difficult injury spell we had.
Old 13-02-20, 01:39 PM   #3948
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
You could say the same with Gomez early in the season. Came back and took a while to get into the groove, was actually dropped after the Salzburg game.

Lovren is paid about 4 times what Gomes gets and Gomez has contributed a lot more than Lovren in the last 2 seasons, from when we have clicked, as Lovren says..

Also Lovren comes across as arrogant, which is why he gets criticized- he is a good defender, who thinks of himself as a world class defender - making himself an easy target.
Old 13-02-20, 02:33 PM   #3949
DeeTheDog
Benitez

Are Mr Pink and Frank the Tank the same person? Did Frank create the Mr Pink persona to back up some of his questionable views on here? Mods can you see if the they use the same IP address or has he masked it using a VPN?

Anyway burn the witch. How dare he be optimistic about this Liverpool team in an interview. He earns more than Gomez and therefore cannot have a poor game, regardless of any mitigating circumstances because that makes perfect sense.
DeeTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-20, 03:27 PM   #3950
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeTheDog View Post
Are Mr Pink and Frank the Tank the same person? Did Frank create the Mr Pink persona to back up some of his questionable views on here? Mods can you see if the they use the same IP address or has he masked it using a VPN?

Anyway burn the witch. How dare he be optimistic about this Liverpool team in an interview. He earns more than Gomez and therefore cannot have a poor game, regardless of any mitigating circumstances because that makes perfect sense.

Frank the Tank and Mr Pink are complete different movies man, come on!!

Iíve said before on this thread, I think Lovren has been good for us.. but we have moved on to a level above him... and then about 5 levels above that... I donít want to burn any witches, want LFC to thank him for his service and wish him the best in his future endeavors..
Old 13-02-20, 09:52 PM   #3951
SB
Paisley

Quote:

Totally agree.

Quote:
Usual simpletons with their agenda on here.

They love a scapegoat. A cartoon villain.

Even in the midst of the greatest run of fixtures in history they persist with their illl formed idiocy.

Odd balls.
This
Old 14-02-20, 01:29 AM   #3952
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Supporters seem to suffer from tall poppy syndrome too.

If a professional footballer that has made it to the very top of elite football wants to tell the world he's a decent player and that he believes his team can go on to achieve even more, then he has earned that right.

Yeah he's fucked up in the past but VVD made plenty of ricks in his time, we put 5 past Alisson and Salah got bombed out of Chelsea.
Old 14-02-20, 05:04 PM   #3953
Myo
Benitez

Seriously it's getting a bit tiresome with all this hate for dejan, so over the top and festering and blinkered..
Myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-20, 05:22 PM   #3954
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myo View Post
Seriously it's getting a bit tiresome with all this hate for dejan, so over the top and festering and blinkered..

Old 14-02-20, 05:43 PM   #3955
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
How long have you been waiting to use that meme?
Old 14-02-20, 09:38 PM   #3956
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
How long have you been waiting to use that meme?

Hahaha fair! I actually really like Lovren- was just trying to create a situation where I could use the meme!!
Old 14-02-20, 09:43 PM   #3957
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Hahaha fair! I actually really like Lovren- was just trying to create a situation where I could use the meme!!
Respect

Major manipulation of the system, saluteŤ

Carry oj like thos and you could get a job at man city

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-20, 10:22 PM   #3958
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:

The cunts jinxed us again
Old 24-02-20, 10:58 PM   #3959
Assassin
Kloppite

Clearly at fault for both hammers goals
Old 24-02-20, 11:50 PM   #3960
Mr Pink
Houllier

Quote:
The cunts jinxed us again

Was gonna say it after we fell over the line vs Norwich...

And then was gonna say it after the result in Madrid...

And now this!! Glad Iím not the only one who sees it! The best contribution he could make to the team now, is to keep his mouth shut, and to fuck off at the end of the season..

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC