It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 16-10-20, 12:43 PM   #401
Pepe79
Dalglish

Wilson made fewer starts for Bournemouth as the season went on. After the restart, he only started once and was subbed off at half time. Continued to come on regularly as a substitute himself though.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 01:54 PM   #402
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
He scored 6 or his goals for Bournemouth by the end of November, as I said I thought he got off to a good start the numbers at least suggest that he is capable. I guess the question is was this just a purple patch, was his form in the last few months more his level or was his down turn in form because the team weren't playing well and he lost confidence and his level is somewhere between the two? I suspect the latter.
I made a comparison to Mason Mount around that point. Their numbers were very similar (not just the season, but career stats at that point), but Mount seemed to be involved more for me. If you take away both of their goals then I think Mount is still a decent player, Wilson really isn't unfortunately, and that's the difference.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 03:31 PM   #403
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
I made a comparison to Mason Mount around that point. Their numbers were very similar (not just the season, but career stats at that point), but Mount seemed to be involved more for me. If you take away both of their goals then I think Mount is still a decent player, Wilson really isn't unfortunately, and that's the difference.
Both played in the same Derby team and Wilson's numbers were better 18 goals to Mount's 11 (although I assume Wilson played a more attacking role). Last season Mount was in a much better side than Wilson so that's difficult to compare them based on that. To be honest I haven't seen enough of either (just MOTD really) so can't comment on how involved the two are. He seems a decent player but needs to find the right level/team.
Old 16-10-20, 04:03 PM   #404
Pepe79
Dalglish

Wilson turns 24 this season. I’m not sure why we didn’t just take the £12m + £3m that Burnley offered earlier in the window.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-20, 05:10 PM   #405
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 17-10-20, 08:31 PM   #406
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
Wilson turns 24 this season. Iím not sure why we didnít just take the £12m + £3m that Burnley offered earlier in the window.
Aye
Old 21-10-20, 11:17 PM   #407
Exiled_red
Paisley

Scored for Cardiff in a 1-1 draw with Bournemouth, Solanke got Bournemouth's goal

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC