It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 20-10-20, 12:12 PM   #6281
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReet View Post
Why?

If anything I think if it was a male lino he'd have been more aggressive, but because it was a woman he adopted a softer approach, most likely subconsciously.

The evidence doesn't support that though. He's 32 years old and as far as I can remember has not grabbed a male official in his career in this country. Female officials are infrequent and he grabs one over a throw in decision
Old 20-10-20, 12:23 PM   #6282
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
The evidence doesn't support that though. He's 32 years old and as far as I can remember has not grabbed a male official in his career in this country. Female officials are infrequent and he grabs one over a throw in decision
Which was my second point. Instead of screaming at her or intimidating her, he might have touched her neck instead as if to say, 'come on'.

As far as to say if he's ever done it to a male official before it's hard to know, because it would have been forgotten about as quickly as it happened. Certainly plenty of other footballers have though.

For those wanting to persecute him (not anybody on here in particular), what do they think happened? Whether consciously or unconsciously what do they think went through Aguero's head and why are they so outraged by this?
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 12:52 AM   #6283
Harv
Randy Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
No one should be touching a referee but you should be able to recognise that there is a different connotation to it if the ref is a woman right? Sian Massey did not make a fuss but that does not mean that itís ok. Iím pretty sure if the ref was a man he would not have done this.
What are you saying about women?

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 01:03 AM   #6284
Harv
Randy Marsh

Let's face the facts here, if that was a male Lino he touched then people would probably haven't even mentioned it. But because its a woman and we're in an age where society is frothing at the mouth to whinge about something on social media to feel like they're important and making a difference to society they play the sexist/racist/somethingphobic/justletmebeangryatsomething card.

Without realising by being up in arms about it you are also treating woman differently, as though they aren't able to handle themselves in this situation, when she obviously can. Every feminist I know (and I know quite a few) would scoff at the thought they need protection or be treated differently because a footballer touched a female Lino on the shoulder to try get her attention.

"looking through your posts since 2007 and what you have consistently written about my football team I have come to the conclusion that if you had 1 more brain cell you would be a plant .. your father was a hamster and your mother smells of elder berries, I fart in your general direction ..." Nicey
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-20, 11:04 PM   #6285
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Fernandinho picked up an injury tonight apparently. 4-6 weeks out.
Old 22-10-20, 07:34 AM   #6286
Slinky Skills
Micka "don't f*** with me" Wallace

Bonus.

Always, keep your face to the sun, and shadows will fall behind you.
Slinky Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-20, 10:23 AM   #6287
BigChief
Paisley

Shame for him as injuries are never nice. But he hardly got a look in nowadays anyway due to age.
Old 22-10-20, 04:44 PM   #6288
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Shame for him as injuries are never nice. But he hardly got a look in nowadays anyway due to age.

True that heís not as important to them as he used be, and he never plays 90 minutes, but heís been featuring in all their games right?? (Havenít looked it up, might be wrong)

When we have 2 games a week, any injury is gonna seriously hurt the team, so this is bad news for them... ie itís good news!
Old 29-10-20, 04:50 PM   #6289
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

New Barca president front runner wants Pepsi back. Pepsiís contract is up in the summer & internet sources* are claiming Pepsi was overhead calling Citeh fans ďembarrassing plastic cuntsĒ.

Letís hope he takes De Bruyne with him.

Old 29-10-20, 04:51 PM   #6290
Fivex
The Wisp

Old 29-10-20, 05:04 PM   #6291
dom9
Ant Pisser

Pepsi?

Shirley not.
Old 29-10-20, 05:32 PM   #6292
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Pepsi?

Shirley not.
Not until after they play W HAM
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-20, 06:00 PM   #6293
rodo
Shankly

Guardiola crying again that the season should stop when England goes into lockdown
Old 02-11-20, 06:01 PM   #6294
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodo View Post
Guardiola crying again that the season should stop when England goes into lockdown
Gives Virgil a chance to get fit I suppose.
Old 02-11-20, 06:03 PM   #6295
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Probably because he knows that once his back is turned his players behave like cunts
Old 02-11-20, 06:26 PM   #6296
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Trying to run his contract out.
RedReet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-20, 01:40 PM   #6297
rodo
Shankly

talk of guardiola signing a new contract
Old 19-11-20, 01:41 PM   #6298
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Only two years

Old 19-11-20, 01:48 PM   #6299
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Should've walked, the stress could kill him
Old 19-11-20, 02:17 PM   #6300
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Quote:
City have a shortlist of potential successors should Guardiola decide to end his stay at the club, with Goal having learned that RB Leipzig's Julian Nagelsmann and former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino are among the potential candidates.
Old 19-11-20, 03:10 PM   #6301
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

So which one is it?
Old 19-11-20, 03:12 PM   #6302
fah-q
Touching cloth

Schrodinger's Pep
fah-q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-20, 03:22 PM   #6303
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Never seen a less happy looking multi-millionaire. Looks like he hates it.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-20, 07:53 AM   #6304
Sus
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by fah-q View Post
Schrodinger's Pep
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-20, 08:38 PM   #6305
dom9
Ant Pisser

Incredible stat.
Old 22-11-20, 11:32 PM   #6306
Mr Pink
Benitez

Looking at the teams that both Liverpool and City have played so far...

Leicester, Leeds, Arsenal, West Ham and Sheffield United...

City have picked up 8 points from the 15 available in these games... We have picked up 15!!!
Old 23-11-20, 12:12 AM   #6307
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

City have had virtually no pre-season and I fully expect them to come back strong soon enough. There's been little in the way they've played this season (despite not getting the results) to tell me they won't be there and thereabouts.
Old 23-11-20, 01:08 AM   #6308
Maxiedge
Shankly

They're just not the same team anymore. They've signed far too many Atletico Madrid style players and not enough world class ones. Desperately miss David Silva, Kompany and Fernandinho in their heyday and Aguero is probably past his best now too. Even De Bruyne looks fed up with the players around him. Mahrez is a quality player but he's playing in his own time zone. Completely out of sync with the rest of the team.

Don't get me wrong, still a very good side but if they carry on in this trajectory, Chelsea might overtake them as the second best side in the country.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 03:14 AM   #6309
Sus
Benitez

It does look like there is something missing in the City team at the moment, something in their mentality. They don't look as up for the fight any more

But having said that, I'm with Fredo here - they have had no pre season, and are still creating a reasonable number of chances (22 shots against Spurs??), so if they have a bit of fortune bounce their way or turn a deficit into a win in a key game, I can see their quality still being able to peel off a 8-10 game winning run - can't see that in any of the other challengers this season

So, still think they are our main challengers
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 03:44 AM   #6310
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sus View Post
It does look like there is something missing in the City team at the moment, something in their mentality. They don't look as up for the fight any more

But having said that, I'm with Fredo here - they have had no pre season, and are still creating a reasonable number of chances (22 shots against Spurs??), so if they have a bit of fortune bounce their way or turn a deficit into a win in a key game, I can see their quality still being able to peel off a 8-10 game winning run - can't see that in any of the other challengers this season

So, still think they are our main challengers

Absolutely... Iíve always said, if we finish ahead of city, I reckon we win the league! In a way, the likes of spurs/leicester being in a strong position now, might be a blessing in disguise.... keeps us on our toes, and when they fall apart, weíll have that extra cushion over city
Old 23-11-20, 05:02 AM   #6311
EwarWoo
Paisley

18/19 was an absolutely monster season, must have been exhausting. Everyone expected us to drop off after but it was City.

They had a couple of monster seasons on the trot, they were even more flawless 17/18. No hunger or energy left.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 07:26 AM   #6312
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxiedge View Post
They're just not the same team anymore. They've signed far too many Atletico Madrid style players and not enough world class ones. Desperately miss David Silva, Kompany and Fernandinho in their heyday and Aguero is probably past his best now too. Even De Bruyne looks fed up with the players around him. Mahrez is a quality player but he's playing in his own time zone. Completely out of sync with the rest of the team.

Don't get me wrong, still a very good side but if they carry on in this trajectory, Chelsea might overtake them as the second best side in the country.
Old 23-11-20, 10:03 AM   #6313
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Absolutely... Iíve always said, if we finish ahead of city, I reckon we win the league! In a way, the likes of spurs/leicester being in a strong position now, might be a blessing in disguise.... keeps us on our toes, and when they fall apart, weíll have that extra cushion over city
I think that this Spurs side might be able to maintain a challenge this time, they have a very good front line and Mourinho who can build and organise a defence. The next month they have a tricky set of fixtures: Chelsea, Arsenal, us, Leicester, let's see where they are when they come out of those.
Old 23-11-20, 02:03 PM   #6314
Mr Pink
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I think that this Spurs side might be able to maintain a challenge this time, they have a very good front line and Mourinho who can build and organise a defence. The next month they have a tricky set of fixtures: Chelsea, Arsenal, us, Leicester, let's see where they are when they come out of those.

I think they should make top 4, but canít see them challenging tbh. Theyíre so reliant on Kane staying fit... heís always out for a decent spell over the season- and this year with an even busier schedule heíll surely be more at risk!
Old 23-11-20, 03:06 PM   #6315
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I think they should make top 4, but canít see them challenging tbh. Theyíre so reliant on Kane staying fit... heís always out for a decent spell over the season- and this year with an even busier schedule heíll surely be more at risk!
I think mourinho will prioritise the league if it looks like they can do something at xmas.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 03:13 PM   #6316
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 23-11-20, 03:15 PM   #6317
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Fucking hell, £100m! He's a lovely footballer, but no thanks for anywhere near that fee.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 03:17 PM   #6318
frank the tank
Shankly

If Villa had people lined up, then they could possibly re-invest that wisely.

In reality, if that kind of money was offered, then they should seriously look at it. After all he is one Jordan Pickford challenge away from being useless to them.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 03:39 PM   #6319
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Fucking hell, £100m! He's a lovely footballer, but no thanks for anywhere near that fee.
He is having a purple patch, had probably 8 streaky seasons, His numbers aren't great on goals and assists either.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up this year.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 03:46 PM   #6320
spud_gun
Paisley

The strange thing here is he's only agreed a two year extension.

Hardly in for a long term rebuild if he's out of there in two and a bit seasons

Last edited by spud_gun; 23-11-20 at 04:17 PM.
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football