It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 23-02-21, 06:22 PM   #7041
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Could be better, but could definitely be worse.

Old 23-02-21, 06:30 PM   #7042
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

https://twitter.com/lfctransferroom/...18617443639299
The rumours are circulating that it might be...worse that is.
Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 11:13 PM   #7043
Liverpool
Paisley

going to be hard to watch the game without Jordan talking me through the 90 minutes.

Last edited by Liverpool; 23-02-21 at 11:18 PM.
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 11:19 PM   #7044
Venton
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
going to be hard to watch the game without Jordan talking me through the 90 minutes.
Old 24-02-21, 04:01 AM   #7045
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
The rumours are circulating that it might be...worse that is.
Who wouldn't relish spreading false rumours about our injury crisis right now?
Old 24-02-21, 09:15 AM   #7046
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 24-02-21, 10:13 AM   #7047
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Who wouldn't relish spreading false rumours about our injury crisis right now?
Oliver Kay of the Athletic

Quote:
Assessments are still being carried out but four to six weeks has been regarded as the best-case scenario and there are fears it will be longer.
Old 24-02-21, 10:43 AM   #7048
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I thought he'd snapped something when he did it, as he seemed to be in excruciating pain, but then he tried to run it off. With our luck with injuries this year, I don't expect him to be back anytime soon.
Old 24-02-21, 02:06 PM   #7049
S-RED
Dalglish

Liverpool's injury crisis deepens with captain Jordan Henderson 'facing 12 WEEKS out with a groin problem'... and there are fears he could miss the rest of the season AND the Euros

If true that its 12 weeks, he had better not play in the fuckin Euro's
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-21, 02:14 PM   #7050
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-RED View Post
Liverpool's injury crisis deepens with captain Jordan Henderson 'facing 12 WEEKS out with a groin problem'... and there are fears he could miss the rest of the season AND the Euros

If true that its 12 weeks, he had better not play in the fuckin Euro's

Damn right.

We really will be going into next season with a lot of question marks over key performers like VVD, Henderson, and Gomez with regards to how close to their pre injury abilities they are at, not to mention the list of those who seem to constantly spoken off of being a big boost if they stay fit "next" season like Matip, Keita, Chamberlain, and Shaqiri.
And if she sees you here, she gonna cut you through
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 10:18 AM   #7051
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 26-02-21, 10:22 AM   #7052
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Fuck off.
Old 26-02-21, 10:24 AM   #7053
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
So basically to the end of April, if it takes an extra week or so to get up to match fitness he might be available for the last couple of weeks of the season?
Old 26-02-21, 10:43 AM   #7054
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
So basically to the end of April, if it takes an extra week or so to get up to match fitness he might be available for the last couple of weeks of the season?
Back for the shuffle in Istanbul
Old 26-02-21, 11:03 AM   #7055
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Back for the shuffle in Istanbul
I wish

The thing here is we are never getting a break - Hendo out means we are again stretched in midfield. Milner is over played and injured, Curtis is a kid so we need to manage his minutes, Naby back from extensive rehab agsin he needs to be managed, Thiago with big gaps due to his injury and clearly being overplayed. The same will happen with Fab

Klopp needs to bite the bullet here and rotate Kabak, Davies and Phillips at the back whilst managing the time of the guys in midfield so they are not overplayed. Ox needs to step up now and even Shaq - change to a 4-2-3-1 with Jota bring available again also

Unprecedented injuries - I’ve never seen the like for any team in all my years watching football. Fucking t-Rex
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 11:10 AM   #7056
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I wish

The thing here is we are never getting a break - Hendo out means we are again stretched in midfield. Milner is over played and injured, Curtis is a kid so we need to manage his minutes, Naby back from extensive rehab agsin he needs to be managed, Thiago with big gaps due to his injury and clearly being overplayed. The same will happen with Fab

Klopp needs to bite the bullet here and rotate Kabak, Davies and Phillips at the back whilst managing the time of the guys in midfield so they are not overplayed. Ox needs to step up now and even Shaq - change to a 4-2-3-1 with Jota bring available again also

Unprecedented injuries - I’ve never seen the like for any team in all my years watching football. Fucking t-Rex
Yep being saying the same thing since the end of January about how we need to be playing the CBs at CB so that the best available midfielders go back into the middle.

Being weaker in both the centre of midfield and the centre of the backline is just making us that bit easier to run through during games. Would prefer one line to be at full strength or close to it with one line weker/raw than both lines to have flaws.
Old 26-02-21, 11:11 AM   #7057
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
I wish

Not sure how much rotation the guys at the back (Kabak, Phillips and Davies) will need, I'd be tempted to pick a partnership as first choice to develop an understanding and rotate as neccessary.

I totally agree about midfield more or less go with 3 from 4 of Wijnaldum, Thiago, Fabinho and Jones, and rotate in Milner, Naby, Shaq and Ox if possible when fit.
Old 26-02-21, 11:12 AM   #7058
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

It is mad that we thought we could get through a season with 3 Centre Backs, given we always get injuries. The assumption was clearly that VVD never gets injured.

We should have kept Lovren. He'd be on about 30 games this season.
Old 26-02-21, 12:08 PM   #7059
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
It is mad that we thought we could get through a season with 3 Centre Backs, given we always get injuries. The assumption was clearly that VVD never gets injured.

Even without VvD it was never a terrible idea to trust 3 CBs and possibly a midfielder. The bad planning was to think Gomez and Matip were ever made out of anything but wet tissues, regardless of the number of games Gomez somehow miraculously managed last season.

Lovren fits into the same category, He would have been injured in no time at all. Then we'd be arguing how could we only rely on four CBs.
Old 26-02-21, 12:40 PM   #7060
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:

He wouldn’t though as he was also v injury prone with little niggles. And besides he wanted to be a first team regular
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 01:24 PM   #7061
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:

We must have known that if VVD got injured we were likely going to find ourselves in trouble. Matip misses about half of the season regardless either through something serious or a constant string of small injuries. Gomez isn't as injury prone as some like to make out but when he gets injured he tends to be out for a while.
Old 26-02-21, 01:36 PM   #7062
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
He wouldn’t though as he was also v injury prone with little niggles. And besides he wanted to be a first team regular
It does go to show how the rigours of being a CB for us (needing pace as well as strength).
Old 26-02-21, 01:38 PM   #7063
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
We must have known that if VVD got injured we were likely going to find ourselves in trouble. Matip misses about half of the season regardless either through something serious or a constant string of small injuries. Gomez isn't as injury prone as some like to make out but when he gets injured he tends to be out for a while.

For some reason I was of the thinking he would miss about 10 games a season in the league but just looked at his appearances for the past four seasons and they are

2017/18 - 23 games
2018/19 - 16 games
2019-20 - 28 games
2020/21 - 7 games

Had in in my head that he was missing less games each season than he has.

His track record over four seasons coupled with Matip's over the past five seasons makes the gamble of not bringing in a CB in the summer even more baffling.

Weird thing is that during Matip's last five seasons in Germany he played 30 or more league games in four of the five seasons and the Bundesliga has only 34 games a season.

Basically you are pretty much guaranteed that Gomez will miss close to half a season worth of games most years and Matip is more or less in the same boat
Old 26-02-21, 01:54 PM   #7064
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

horrible call to not replace him and we have paid a massive cost.
Old 26-02-21, 02:00 PM   #7065
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
For some reason I was of the thinking he would miss about 10 games a season in the league but just looked at his appearances for the past four seasons and they are

2017/18 - 23 games
2018/19 - 16 games
2019-20 - 28 games
2020/21 - 7 games

Had in in my head that he was missing less games each season than he has.

His track record over four seasons coupled with Matip's over the past five seasons makes the gamble of not bringing in a CB in the summer even more baffling.

Weird thing is that during Matip's last five seasons in Germany he played 30 or more league games in four of the five seasons and the Bundesliga has only 34 games a season.

Basically you are pretty much guaranteed that Gomez will miss close to half a season worth of games most years and Matip is more or less in the same boat
That's just looking at games played, last year was really the only full season he was established as a regular starter for the whole season, the year before he was battling for a place in the side, so was fit but not playing.

Games missed through injury is a more accurate guide and according to this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-...spieler/256178

Games in all competitions missed through injury
15/16: 52
16/17: 15
17/18: 7
18/19: 23
19/20: 0
20/21: 37

Excluding his year out in 15/16 prior to this year he's missed 45 games over 4 seasons

Last edited by Exiled_red; 26-02-21 at 02:04 PM.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-21, 02:11 PM   #7066
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
That's just looking at games played, last year was really the only full season he was established as a regular starter for the whole season, the year before he was battling for a place in the side, so was fit but not playing.

Games missed through injury is a more accurate guide and according to this https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-...spieler/256178

Games in all competitions missed through injury
15/16: 52
16/17: 15
17/18: 7
18/19: 23
19/20: 0
20/21: 37

Excluding his year out in 15/16 prior to this year he's missed 45 games over 4 seasons

Would argue that he was battling for a place the season before too but his time out out a kibosh on that.
Old 27-02-21, 01:15 AM   #7067
Fredo

He's had surgery on his groin and will be out for 8 weeks.

Quote:
Jürgen Klopp has conceded it would be a big achievement for Liverpool to finish in the top four this season but insists his squad is not in urgent need of an overhaul.

Liverpool are five points adrift of fourth-placed West Ham after a run of four successive defeats that has left the champions sixth. Klopp claims he relishes the challenge of rescuing Liverpool’s campaign. “I am not here only for the big celebrations,” he said. “I am here for the work. And if it is the dirty work, the hard work, no problem.”

That task has been further complicated by the loss of Jordan Henderson for six to eight weeks after the Liverpool captain underwent surgery on an adductor injury sustained in the defeat by Everton. Henderson will miss at least five Liverpool matches plus England’s World Cup qualifying triple header next month. Klopp accepts that, given Liverpool’s problems on and off the pitch, it would be an accomplishment for a squad that cruised to the title to qualify for next season’s Champions League via the domestic route.

“It would be big, absolutely,” the manager said. “You can see the competitors. It is not about the possible performance, it is about what we can bring on the pitch still. It is all about results. The table doesn’t lie. Never. We know that points-wise we are not that far away but results-wise we are.

Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend
Read more
“That is what we have to change and for all the different reasons it was a difficult season so far for us. We try with all we have to sort it and while we try and sort one problem another problem occurs. That is how it is.”

Liverpool’s fall has invited scrutiny regarding several established first-choice players and the depth of Klopp’s squad. But he insists it is inaccurate to judge a squad severely weakened by injuries all season, and denies a major rebuild is necessary.

“What is a ‘rebuild’ exactly?” Klopp said. “Ten out and 10 in? Changes to what starting XI? I don’t think it is time for a massive rebuild like how I understand it: six, seven out, running contracts but trying to get rid of them and bring in all the new faces. The squad of this year didn’t have the chance to play together one time really.

“I think it would make sense to have a look at that but on top of that of course little readjustments will happen. We need to react on the situation but at the same time plan for the future. I am not sure we can do that in the summer but that is what we will try.”

The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email
Klopp could have Diogo Jota back for the visit to Sheffield United on Sunday after the Portugal international resumed full training on Wednesday after a knee injury. But he cautioned: “Diogo trained twice this week and looks very good but it’s been a long time so we have to see.”

Fabinho and James Milner are not due back in training until Saturday after muscle injuries and Klopp said no decision had been taken on Alisson’s availability for Sunday. The Liverpool keeper’s father, José, drowned this week in Brazil.
Old 27-02-21, 01:19 AM   #7068
McDermotX
Paisley

This is good news.

Haven't been following the Henderson news. Just gets tiresome now with all the injuries.

Had just assumed he was gone for the season .
Old 27-02-21, 10:34 AM   #7069
BigChief
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDermotX View Post
This is good news.

Haven't been following the Henderson news. Just gets tiresome now with all the injuries.

Had just assumed he was gone for the season .
It's as good as March now. 8 weeks means May. Then to regain match sharpness, etc, means his season is done. He'll likely be called up for Euros, be overused and fucked for next season.
Old 13-03-21, 06:35 PM   #7070
kev776
Paisley

Quote:

https://twitter.com/lfctransferroom/...18617443639299
Does anyone know how Henderson is doing?
kev776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 08:18 PM   #7071
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev776 View Post
Does anyone know how Henderson is doing?

Fredo will.
Old 13-03-21, 08:34 PM   #7072
Fredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivex View Post
Fredo will.

Saw him this morning. Just had a haircut.
Old 13-03-21, 08:50 PM   #7073
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post

Saw him this morning. Just had a haircut.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-21, 09:05 PM   #7074
Fivex
The Wisp

Old 11-04-21, 11:08 AM   #7075
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

What is the latest with Hendo’s injury? This thread has loads of articles with varying timeframes, but we are past the initial 4-6 weeks prognosis.
Old 11-04-21, 11:20 AM   #7076
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
What is the latest with Hendo’s injury? This thread has loads of articles with varying timeframes, but we are past the initial 4-6 weeks prognosis.

No idea. I had basically assumed he would be out for the rest of the season so if he does return fit for a few games near the end that will be a bonus in my eyes.
Old 11-04-21, 11:29 AM   #7077
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
From the Athletic's Villa pre match Q&A

@JamesPearceLFC on Jordan Henderson's injury: "Klopp has kept his cards close to his chest but the last I heard the hope was that Henderson would be back for the final few weeks of the season." #awlfc [the athletic]
Old 11-04-21, 02:45 PM   #7078
Exiled_red
Paisley

I thought he was supposed to be back end of April or start of May
Old 11-04-21, 03:26 PM   #7079
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
I thought he was supposed to be back end of April or start of May

That might have been back to resuming some form of training come May rather than being back in full training and being fully fit.
Old 11-04-21, 09:52 PM   #7080
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
That might have been back to resuming some form of training come May rather than being back in full training and being fully fit.
I'm not sure of the details but that was suggested somewhere as I read best case was he would be back for last 3 PL games, obviously that was depending on how it went, and being available for fewer games seems the more likely position.

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC