It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 21-10-21, 01:45 PM   #4401
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Pleased for him. He seems a decent lad & heís found his level there.
Old 21-10-21, 06:05 PM   #4402
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red g View Post
Meanwhile poor old Brewster can't even get on the subs bench for Sheffield United
And as for Jordan Ibe......
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-21, 06:10 PM   #4403
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Still without a club isn't he, Ibe, and had mental health issues. Sad state of affairs.
Old 23-10-21, 06:24 PM   #4404
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

2 more for Dom today.
Old 05-11-21, 06:25 AM   #4405
jono
Fagan

Back on Daniel Sturridge, here's his latest tweet about being stuck in a hotel in Perth due to lockdown.

I love it when ex players refer to Liverpool as "their" team, particularly since he also played for City and Chelsea.

Then City scored and I screeched and this big bloke, a Liverpool supporter, made towards me and I thought he was going to throttle me. But he just pulled my scarf from under my coat so it lay on the outside, and said: "You should always be proud of your colours, lad."

Lee Chapman - Arsenal and England defender
jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 06:45 AM   #4406
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Back on Daniel Sturridge, here's his latest tweet about being stuck in a hotel in Perth due to lockdown.

I love it when ex players refer to Liverpool as "their" team, particularly since he also played for City and Chelsea.
https://twitter.com/DanielSturridge/...75318554796033

He's complaining that he has to quarantine despite being vaccinated. Do people not realise you can still carry the virus even while vaccinated?

Couple that with vulnerable first nation people, no wonder WA is so strict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-21, 01:37 PM   #4407
Corndog
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post
He's complaining that he has to quarantine despite being vaccinated. Do people not realise you can still carry the virus even while vaccinated?

Not sure he's complaining he had to do it, just that it sucks which obviously it would.

WA should get it's act together and get vaccinated faster even with 90 pct fully vaccinated over 12, they are going to see a big increase in cases when they inevitably have to open up because they have had barely any exposure.

It's true vaccinated people can still spread it but studies have indicated they are about 3 times less likely within a household vs an unvaccinated person.

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 02:03 PM   #4408
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

I'm testament to the fact that you can be double vaccinated and still get very poorly
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 03:19 PM   #4409
Patricks_Berger
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamboCairns View Post

Youíre right mate. Hopefully no one will ever go outside again, unless itís to virtue signal about how liberal they are. Thatís ok.
Patricks_Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 03:55 PM   #4410
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
Not sure he's complaining he had to do it, just that it sucks which obviously it would.

WA should get it's act together and get vaccinated faster even with 90 pct fully vaccinated over 12, they are going to see a big increase in cases when they inevitably have to open up because they have had barely any exposure.

It's true vaccinated people can still spread it but studies have indicated they are about 3 times less likely within a household vs an unvaccinated person.
There was.something in the guardian about a recent study which suggested a smaller benefit than that for Delta although based on quite a small data set.

"Writing in the Lancet, researchers from a number of institutions including Imperial College London and the UK Health Security Agency (HSA) report how they analysed data from 204 household contacts of 138 people infected with the Delta variant.

Of these contacts, who were recruited within five days of their household member showing symptoms and were tested daily for 14 days, 53 went on to become infected, 31 of whom were fully vaccinated and 15 were unvaccinated.

The results suggest even those who are fully vaccinated have a sizeable risk of becoming infected, with analysis revealing a fully vaccinated contact has a 25% chance of catching the virus from an infected household member while an unvaccinated contact has a 38% chance of becoming infected.

However, the figures do not shed light on the severity of illness, while the team cautions these figures fall within a range of possible values, meaning the exact size of the difference is unclear."
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 04:09 PM   #4411
Corndog
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
There was.something in the guardian about a recent study which suggested a smaller benefit than that for Delta although based on quite a small data set.

"Writing in the Lancet, researchers from a number of institutions including Imperial College London and the UK Health Security Agency (HSA) report how they analysed data from 204 household contacts of 138 people infected with the Delta variant.

Of these contacts, who were recruited within five days of their household member showing symptoms and were tested daily for 14 days, 53 went on to become infected, 31 of whom were fully vaccinated and 15 were unvaccinated.

The results suggest even those who are fully vaccinated have a sizeable risk of becoming infected, with analysis revealing a fully vaccinated contact has a 25% chance of catching the virus from an infected household member while an unvaccinated contact has a 38% chance of becoming infected.

However, the figures do not shed light on the severity of illness, while the team cautions these figures fall within a range of possible values, meaning the exact size of the difference is unclear."
Interesting, I heard an Irish infectious diseases professor on the radio quoting a large study done in the UK saying it was 1/25 chance when fully vaccinated but 3/25 if unvaccinated.

The numbers seemed low to me but I'm no expert.

In any case there are also thousands of Aussies waiting to come home to states like WA that are behind in opening up.

At least they'll have the studge to watch when they get in

"There are two great teams on Merseyside; Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves." - Bill Shankly
Corndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 04:29 PM   #4412
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post

Thatís a tiny sample size.
Old 05-11-21, 09:05 PM   #4413
Jas
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
I'm testament to the fact that you can be double vaccinated and still get very poorly
Me too Norbs, I went to watch the England Germany game during the Euros at the pub because I thought I'm double jabbed and will be immune from the virus, how wrong was I, caught it, in fact 8 of us caught it of whom 5 were double jabbed, anyway I felt like I'd had the shit kicked out of me, was rough for about 10 days before coming out the other side.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-21, 09:50 PM   #4414
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Me too Norbs, I went to watch the England Germany game during the Euros at the pub because I thought I'm double jabbed and will be immune from the virus, how wrong was I, caught it, in fact 8 of us caught it of whom 5 were double jabbed, anyway I felt like I'd had the shit kicked out of me, was rough for about 10 days before coming out the other side.

I posted something on a local Facebook group about continued vigilance and there were still morons that said they couldn't care less and wouldn't wear masks. Frightening the disregard the young have for the older generation through this
Old 05-11-21, 10:22 PM   #4415
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
That’s a tiny sample size.
Yep, I agree - that's why I said 'suggested'. Still, something to keep an eye on

Last edited by Saveloy; 05-11-21 at 10:34 PM.
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 04:09 PM   #4416
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

He's scored!!!!!

Old 06-11-21, 05:03 PM   #4417
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I didn't realise that was his first goal for Sheffield United, this is his 39th appearance
Old 08-11-21, 11:18 AM   #4418
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Old 08-11-21, 11:21 AM   #4419
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
I didn't realise that was his first goal for Sheffield United, this is his 39th appearance

That's astounding

EDIT - pfffttttt quick check of his Wiki shows it was his 35 league game. He's also scored in the league cup for them this season.

2 goals in 40 games is what £23.5m gets you these days
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 12:06 PM   #4420
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud_gun View Post

That's astounding

EDIT - pfffttttt quick check of his Wiki shows it was his 35 league game. He's also scored in the league cup for them this season.

2 goals in 40 games is what £23.5m gets you these days
Sorry I missed that, that's probably what I get for believing what I read on twitter

But as you say 1 goal in 35 league games or 2 goals in 40 total games is a poor return for someone who was held in such high regard.
Old 08-11-21, 02:10 PM   #4421
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 24-11-21, 09:09 AM   #4422
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Old 25-11-21, 12:39 AM   #4423
ChesterDave
Paisley

John Barnes: Waiting for a taxi

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...after-22266699
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-21, 03:37 PM   #4424
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Worra nutty fella he is
Old 27-11-21, 12:29 PM   #4425
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Ah. A really underrated player. Dark days when he was with us but he was a real ray of sunshine. Used to frustrate me how some fans couldn't see it with him. A throwback really, not much of an athlete but a proper footballer.

Old 27-11-21, 12:32 PM   #4426
SB
Paisley

Yeah very underrated player by our own fans of all things.
Old 27-11-21, 03:30 PM   #4427
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Ah. A really underrated player. Dark days when he was with us but he was a real ray of sunshine. Used to frustrate me how some fans couldn't see it with him. A throwback really, not much of an athlete but a proper footballer.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1464556132345786371
He was a really good player in what was a terrible team at the time.
Old 27-11-21, 03:49 PM   #4428
memzey
Fagan

He wasn’t underrated by me! I thought he was great, still do. I was saying in the Jota thread that I think he’s the one Diogo reminds me of most. Both very valuable members of the team.
Old 27-11-21, 04:56 PM   #4429
Exiled_red
Paisley

I know we want to forget that we signed him, but I didn't realise Andy Carroll was now at Reading, scored for them today apparently
Old 27-11-21, 05:02 PM   #4430
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
I know we want to forget that we signed him, but I didn't realise Andy Carroll was now at Reading, scored for them today apparently
The great transfer inflation is the best thing to have happened as far as that transfer is concerned.

£35m sounds like a reasonable punt in today's transfer market.
Old 28-11-21, 12:00 AM   #4431
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
I think he signed this month. Was a free agent so not constrained by the transfer window.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-21, 02:59 PM   #4432
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Brewster scores!

Old 29-11-21, 04:25 AM   #4433
SB
Paisley

Patience pays off in the end. The flood gates will open now
Old 29-11-21, 12:35 PM   #4434
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Patience pays off in the end. The flood gates will open now
Well, interestingly they played him uptop, rather than as often in the past as on the right of the two in a 4-3-2-1. His strength is his finishing; his weakness was (I don't know now because I haven't seen him play for so long) was his link-up play, so uptop ought to suit him.
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-21, 10:20 PM   #4435
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul12 View Post
Well, interestingly they played him uptop, rather than as often in the past as on the right of the two in a 4-3-2-1. His strength is his finishing; his weakness was (I don't know now because I haven't seen him play for so long) was his link-up play, so uptop ought to suit him.
So in a year & a half theyíve only just worked this out ? they deserved to be relegated if theyíre that thick
Old 30-11-21, 03:32 PM   #4436
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Deserves more than to be stuffed into this thread but there's reports Ray Kennedy has died.

Old 30-11-21, 03:55 PM   #4437
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Deserves more than to be stuffed into this thread but there's reports Ray Kennedy has died.

https://twitter.com/Realaldo474/stat...89606180024320
Yip had just seen that alright..... he is like Ray Clemence in that he is such a LFC legend that you almost forget that he played for another big club as well.

Ray Kennedy won the double for Arsenal before joining LFC.

RIP
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC