It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 07-12-21, 10:56 PM   #121
spud_gun
Paisley

Like a Sunday afternoon kick about down the local park. Even gave them a goal start.

Effortless
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 07-12-21, 10:56 PM   #122
Exiled_red
Paisley

Full time 2-1
Old 07-12-21, 10:58 PM   #123
Exiled_red
Paisley

Good performance and result especially considering the changes, good to get some minutes into players legs and get the likes of Gomez and Keita back from injury.

Really impressed with Morton, thought he was excellent
Old 07-12-21, 11:00 PM   #124
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
That's shite ox
The through ball gave the defender a chance. Could have released him a bit earlier.
Old 07-12-21, 11:03 PM   #125
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:05 PM   #126
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Great performance.

Beating Milan comfortably with a scratch team.
At their place. They're pretty bad, but so is much of the PL and it's good to see us coping so well with so many squaddies involved. How well we're able to cope with injuries later in the season could well determine whether we're in contention for silverware. Hopefully we won't be dependent on Taki becoming amazing, but we seem to have at least adequate cover across the back four and up top, with Div doing well and Bobby coming back.
Old 07-12-21, 11:07 PM   #127
spud_gun
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe79 View Post
'Group of Death'
spud_gun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:16 PM   #128
BootRoom
Dalglish

Job well done, even better if we haven't picked up any injuries. Think Fab was just strolling about in order not to get injured - we looked a lot more open when he came on. Hard to judge our play against Milan vis-à-vis playing against Premier League opponents because they are so much slower; the bottom sides put more effort in than Milan did tonight.
BootRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:28 PM   #129
Irishnev
Paisley

Where’s the CL money John

Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 11:35 PM   #130
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Cracking performance tonight given how changed the team was.

Great to have kept the habit of winning going ahead of the game at the weekend too.
Old 07-12-21, 11:43 PM   #131
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Hopefully it covers Salah's goal bonuses.
Old 07-12-21, 11:51 PM   #132
ChesterDave
Paisley

The #FSGOUT Twitterati will be all over that moaning instead of being happy with another win and a much changed team doing it

Last edited by ChesterDave; 08-12-21 at 08:34 AM.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 12:25 AM   #133
Fosterbloke
Run the Jewels

So approximately £55m - that should cover the wages and club upkeep for the next three months!

Last edited by Fosterbloke; 08-12-21 at 12:29 AM.
Fosterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 12:29 AM   #134
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Did we finish with Taki, Ox and Neco as our front three
Old 08-12-21, 01:07 AM   #135
Mr Pink
Benitez

I for one am pretty happy that athletico got through too… someone said above that they’d be happy for them to get an English team next- I didn’t stop and think how likely this actually is. They can’t draw us or Real Madrid- so leaves 6 options for them. And assuming chelsea don’t mess up, 3 of these options are English teams. So that would be a 50/50 chance of getting one of the English teams. Any of the English teams (except maybe Man U) would brush aside Porto or Milan, but at least athletico would give them a run for their money.

Also I don’t really care about them, so not fussed whether they win or lose… I’ll hate them if and when we play them again, but if they were to play city for example- I’d prob enjoy the shithousery then, haha
Old 08-12-21, 06:52 AM   #136
SB
Paisley

Yeah I’d have preferred them to be out but now that they’re in let’s hope they draw an English side & kick lumps out of them.
Old 08-12-21, 08:08 AM   #137
destinydude
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
I for one am pretty happy that athletico got through too… someone said above that they’d be happy for them to get an English team next- I didn’t stop and think how likely this actually is. They can’t draw us or Real Madrid- so leaves 6 options for them. And assuming chelsea don’t mess up, 3 of these options are English teams. So that would be a 50/50 chance of getting one of the English teams. Any of the English teams (except maybe Man U) would brush aside Porto or Milan, but at least athletico would give them a run for their money.

Also I don’t really care about them, so not fussed whether they win or lose… I’ll hate them if and when we play them again, but if they were to play city for example- I’d prob enjoy the shithousery then, haha
such disrespect
Old 08-12-21, 09:22 AM   #138
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinydude View Post
such disrespect
Aye, it's Atletico
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 10:11 AM   #139
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post

Yeah true that's a good way of looking at it. Absolute bunch of pricks though.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 10:28 AM   #140
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

That was a glorified training session imo. I cannot believed how passive Milan were last night. Lazy, slow and zero aggression or even passion for that matter. All they did was fall on the deck at every challenge trying to get our lads sent off & whinge at the ref. They were an embarrassment for the history of fantastic club.

I see we've been linked with Kessie, I admit I have only watched him play 4 full games and seen some highlights but fuck me he has looked dire. I hear he's quality etc etc but just going on the small sample size that I have seen in higher tempo games which is what he would be facing in the prem constantly.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-12-21, 10:36 AM   #141
The_weatherman
Smug

I think sometimes we also make the opposition look poor tbh, few teams are as well drilled as Liverpool. Nat and Origi really deserve to further their careers though and I hope they get their chance soon, although maybe not until the summer for Origi!
Old 08-12-21, 11:05 AM   #142
danperkins

We were good but lets be honest, they were shite. With what they had on the line, they showed absolutely zero passion. If I was an AC fan I would be livid.
Old 08-12-21, 11:16 AM   #143
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
That was a glorified training session imo. I cannot believed how passive Milan were last night. Lazy, slow and zero aggression or even passion for that matter. All they did was fall on the deck at every challenge trying to get our lads sent off & whinge at the ref. They were an embarrassment for the history of fantastic club.

I see we've been linked with Kessie, I admit I have only watched him play 4 full games and seen some highlights but fuck me he has looked dire. I hear he's quality etc etc but just going on the small sample size that I have seen in higher tempo games which is what he would be facing in the prem constantly.

If we judged players on how they played against us then we would have missed out on signing quite a few top players. Alisson being an obvious example.

Think our players deserve the credit for making Milan look more average than they are. We at times out fought them, out played them and showed a dogged determination that had to break a few of them.

Kessie was not great last night but at the same time he could have gotten two goals for them and he made runs that broke the lines a number of times.

For me their most effective midfielder whilst he was on the pitch was Tonali. He was doing a lot of the simple things right and was working hard to track our players and tried to be an outlet for players under pressure.

Think it was a case last night of our (mostly) second string being that cohesive, that good, that dogged and organised more than Milan being a poor team.

Konate and Phillips both starting turned out to be a bit of a masterstroke as it complety nullified what Milan tried to do by going physical down the centre against us

Would happily play most of the same team for the upcoming league cup game and maybe add Keita and Gomez in as starters for that game so there is a bit more quality in the starting XI.
Old 08-12-21, 12:03 PM   #144
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
If we judged players on how they played against us then we would have missed out on signing quite a few top players. Alisson being an obvious example.

Think our players deserve the credit for making Milan look more average than they are. We at times out fought them, out played them and showed a dogged determination that had to break a few of them.

Kessie was not great last night but at the same time he could have gotten two goals for them and he made runs that broke the lines a number of times.

For me their most effective midfielder whilst he was on the pitch was Tonali. He was doing a lot of the simple things right and was working hard to track our players and tried to be an outlet for players under pressure.

Think it was a case last night of our (mostly) second string being that cohesive, that good, that dogged and organised more than Milan being a poor team.

Konate and Phillips both starting turned out to be a bit of a masterstroke as it complety nullified what Milan tried to do by going physical down the centre against us

Would happily play most of the same team for the upcoming league cup game and maybe add Keita and Gomez in as starters for that game so there is a bit more quality in the starting XI.
Nobody is judging anybody lets get that straight

I know you are a big advocate of Kessie and I did specifically say I've only seen him 4 times in full 90 mins and then the rest is highlights so it's a small sample size. But yeah he was utter shite last night.

We were good but we didn't have to press and grind that result out, we were done and dusted and cruised that game. That was an enormous chance for Milan to get into the knock out stages, home game, huge for the reputation of the club and huge financially and they did absolutely nothing to warrant even a valiant attempt of winning that. Top of Serie A and they were pathetic. Kessie had two chances are he never looked like scoring, closer to a nose bleed than putting it in the back of the net.

Amazing game for us though, great run out for squad players, several impressed and game time for Joe and naby. Also I thought Konate was MOTM. All in all magic, we are flying and i hope we smash teh life out of Villa.

Last edited by danperkins; 08-12-21 at 12:05 PM.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 12:06 PM   #145
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Nobody is judging anybody lets get that straight

I know you are a big advocate of Kessie and I did specifically say I've only seen him 4 times in full 90 mins and then the rest is highlights so it's a small sample size. But yeah he was utter shite last night.

We were good but we didn't have to press and grind that result out, we were done and dusted and cruised that game. That was an enormous chance for Milan to get into the knock out stages, home game, huge for the reputation of the club and huge financially and they did absolutely nothing to warrant even a valiant attempt of winning that. Top of Serie A and they were pathetic. Kessie had two chances are he never looked like scoring, closer to a nose bleed than putting it in the back of the net.

Amazing game for us though, great run out for squad players, several impressed and game time for Joe and naby. All in all magic, we are flying and i hope we smash teh life out of Villa.

Will have to agree to disagree on whether we made them look average or if they were simply average/poor. My take is we made them look more average than they are and that we caused a number of their better players to go into their shells.

Last edited by Jaco_Pastorious; 08-12-21 at 12:10 PM.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-21, 06:08 PM   #146
Paul12
Fagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
So that covers Mo's new salary for a couple of months....
Paul12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 03:01 PM   #147
badpiggy
Special Kind of Scum

Jurgen Klopp must know a lot more about football than me cos I was convinced that midfield selection was going to get railroaded. Well done to the plucky German.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-21, 03:49 PM   #148
Fivex
The Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
Jurgen Klopp must know a lot more about football than me cos I was convinced that midfield selection was going to get railroaded. Well done to the plucky German.
Old 09-12-21, 04:05 PM   #149
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
So disrespectful
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC