It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 12-04-21, 02:52 PM   #1
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Liverpool v Real CL 1/4 final second leg

"Chasing a 3-1 deficit Liverpool can call on a fully fit squad and the raucous support of a packed Anfield as they look to produce one of their classic European Nights this Wednesday".

If only.

I'm not feeling it for this one I am afraid.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 12-04-21, 02:56 PM   #2
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Our best chance is an early goal and probably a RM red card.
James Philip Milner Fanclub #1

Curtis Julian Jones Fanclub #1
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 02:58 PM   #3
BigChief
Paisley

Yep I'll only believe if we have taken an early goal AND go into half time with a clean sheet.
Old 12-04-21, 03:00 PM   #4
Pepe79
Shankly

Might have rounded up a little bit of optimism by the time Wednesday comes around, but for now just want this over with.

Much like the rest of the season.
Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 03:02 PM   #5
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Every bit of logic says we are losing the game and tie come Wednesday.

They are in much better form than us, it is a home game, their back ups for their injuries are of higher quality than ours. They are high in confidence and have pace/mobility/trickery and aggression all over the pitch, not to mention no small talent for shit housing when they have to.

They also have a decent lead, and they tend to start games quickly.

So it is exactly the sort of game we have a habit of winning.

They are going to score, I am sure of that, but I think we are going to have one of those games where nearly everything we hit on target goes in.

Can see a 4-1 win or a 3-1 win and then beating them eventually on penos.
Old 12-04-21, 03:03 PM   #6
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 04:24 PM   #7
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
Every bit of logic says we are losing the game and tie come Wednesday.

They are in much better form than us, it is a home game, their back ups for their injuries are of higher quality than ours. They are high in confidence and have pace/mobility/trickery and aggression all over the pitch, not to mention no small talent for shit housing when they have to.

They also have a decent lead, and they tend to start games quickly.

So it is exactly the sort of game we have a habit of winning.

They are going to score, I am sure of that, but I think we are going to have one of those games where nearly everything we hit on target goes in.

Can see a 4-1 win or a 3-1 win and then beating them eventually on penos.
We are so under performing our xG right now that it needs to correct itself - I am expecting two worldies and Ali to save everything........we need it tbh
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 05:07 PM   #8
Liverpool
Paisley

One off game mode.

-------Becker
Trent-Fab-Kabak-Robertson
------Gini-Thiago
---Salah-Bobby-Mane
-----------Jota
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 05:19 PM   #9
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChief View Post
Yep I'll only believe if we have taken an early goal AND go into half time with a clean sheet.
& someone to hack down Vinicuis early in 1st half so he is redundant for the rest of the match.
Old 12-04-21, 05:35 PM   #10
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryred View Post
& someone to hack down Vinicuis early in 1st half so he is redundant for the rest of the match.

Nah we need to get Klopp to hug him after the game and a few of our Brazilian lads to have a word so he comes to us in the summer when we sell Mane

Not so sure hacking him down early would have the desired effect though. He has a bit of a spikey side to him when he plays and seems to revel in a bit of argie bargie. He chases back like a mo fo as well. Fully expect him to be looking to continue his spat with TAA from the first whistle.

Going to be a hell of a player once he gets a bit more consistency to his game, but at 20 he is already a game winner.
Old 12-04-21, 06:57 PM   #11
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Nah we need to get Klopp to hug him after the game and a few of our Brazilian lads to have a word so he comes to us in the summer when we sell Mane

Not so sure hacking him down early would have the desired effect though. He has a bit of a spikey side to him when he plays and seems to revel in a bit of argie bargie. He chases back like a mo fo as well. Fully expect him to be looking to continue his spat with TAA from the first whistle.

Going to be a hell of a player once he gets a bit more consistency to his game, but at 20 he is already a game winner.
Going to regret this no doubt - I don’t think he “makes it” at the highest level. I think he ends up at Sevilla or that level
Old 12-04-21, 07:46 PM   #12
Mr Pink
Benitez

Just watched the highlights of the Barcelona comeback... I have a feeling we’re gonna do it again!! Score first and it’s game on!! Come on the pool! YNWA
Old 12-04-21, 10:50 PM   #13
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
Going to regret this no doubt - I don’t think he “makes it” at the highest level. I think he ends up at Sevilla or that level
I suppose it depends on what you mean by the highest level.

If the highest level is getting into the same class as a Ronaldo or Messi, then most likely not.

But if highest level is becoming good enough to be a regular and important part of a team or teams that challenge for league titles and Champions leagues on a regular basis, then I think he will become that and that at the age of only 20 I think he is only a season or two more away from being that sort of important player.

Could even make an arguement that he may speed that progress up if he continues to play as he has done the past few months in which he has gone from being a player who looked a very promising young player to being one that is becoming a difference maker for Real when they play other big teams.

He was good against us, but he turned it up a few notches again against Barca the other day.

The only knock I have against him at present is he lacks a bit of consistency when it comes to his final product, but then again he is only 20 and very few wingers are close to being the finished product at that age. What he is though is scarily good physically for his game, has blistering pace, and is starting to work his arse off defensively this season as well. His reading of the game seems pretty good too and he seems to be able to regularly lose experienced defenders with the clever runs he makes off the ball.
Old 12-04-21, 10:51 PM   #14
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Just watched the highlights of the Barcelona comeback... I have a feeling we’re gonna do it again!! Score first and it’s game on!! Come on the pool! YNWA

We're gonna 'ave 'em
Old 12-04-21, 11:00 PM   #15
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

I went into that Barca game (Salah concussed, Firmino injured) with absolutely zero belief also. We had Mane, Shaq and Divock as our front three!
Old 13-04-21, 12:35 AM   #16
SB
Paisley

2-0 to us is on the cards.
Old 13-04-21, 02:53 AM   #17
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

Shut down Kruuuuz and Modgrig and we shut down their game.

I think Jones would be perfect for this game.

Thiago, Fabinho and Jones.
Old 13-04-21, 11:42 AM   #18
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

Jones has kind of disappeared lately. Which is a shame. He is really tidy in possession

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 12:08 PM   #19
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

At our best we're definitely capable of overturning this and blowing them away. Unfortunately it's hard to see us playing at our best with no atmosphere

Still doable but feels a whole lot less likely sadly.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 12:34 PM   #20
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Red-Ed View Post
Jones has kind of disappeared lately. Which is a shame. He is really tidy in possession

YNWA

Has had an injury
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 13-04-21, 02:13 PM   #21
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Has had an injury
As a result from playing for England U-21's?
Old 13-04-21, 02:19 PM   #22
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
As a result from playing for England U-21's?

No idea. Just heard Klopp say in one of his recent press conferences he was recovering from a slight muscle strain and was not quite ready to be a starter for the recent games as a result.

Think he is back in full training the past week though so might be an option to start this week.
Old 13-04-21, 02:20 PM   #23
Angryred
Dalglish

4 players in danger of missing out next round if we make it...TAA, Gini, Milner & Mane.
Bet you that TAA will continue his spat with Vinicius Jnr & end up with a yellow thus leaving us with Neco for the next round.
Old 13-04-21, 02:22 PM   #24
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
No idea. Just heard Klopp say in one of his recent press conferences he was recovering from a slight muscle strain and was not quite ready to be a starter for the recent games as a result.

Think he is back in full training the past week though so might be an option to start this week.
Hope so as we are gonna need possession here to hurt Real & Jones seems to be clever with the ball, maybe overplay it at times but will get better with experience.
Old 13-04-21, 02:33 PM   #25
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
4 players in danger of missing out next round if we make it...TAA, Gini, Milner & Mane.
Bet you that TAA will continue his spat with Vinicius Jnr & end up with a yellow thus leaving us with Neco for the next round.
Yeah, that's what's keeping me awake about tomorrow night.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 02:36 PM   #26
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:

Said it earlier in the thread that I fully expect Vinicius to resume that spat the very first chance he gets to run at Trent on Wednesday. He seems to love a bit of a battle and the games in which teams try to crunch him early or go after him with niggly fouls are the ones he seems to really enjoy. Watch how often he shoots back a grin or a smile after a clash, plus he is starting to become adept at giving as good as he gets in terms of little snide pulls, pushes and shoves.

Only guy that was living with his pace and physicality last week was Salah the times he tracked Vinicius back in the second half.

Plus getting into a game of trying to crunch players early is not a great move against Real as a whole as they have a lot more players that are good at that sort of thing than we do. Some of their guys have the snide down to a fine art whilst still being able to pull off silky play seconds after doing something snide.

Must admit there are times I wish we had a few players capable of the same or rather good at doing the same.
Old 13-04-21, 03:14 PM   #27
Angryred
Dalglish

Quote:
Said it earlier in the thread that I fully expect Vinicius to resume that spat the very first chance he gets to run at Trent on Wednesday. He seems to love a bit of a battle and the games in which teams try to crunch him early or go after him with niggly fouls are the ones he seems to really enjoy. Watch how often he shoots back a grin or a smile after a clash, plus he is starting to become adept at giving as good as he gets in terms of little snide pulls, pushes and shoves.

Only guy that was living with his pace and physicality last week was Salah the times he tracked Vinicius back in the second half.

Plus getting into a game of trying to crunch players early is not a great move against Real as a whole as they have a lot more players that are good at that sort of thing than we do. Some of their guys have the snide down to a fine art whilst still being able to pull off silky play seconds after doing something snide.

Must admit there are times I wish we had a few players capable of the same or rather good at doing the same.
It's an South American thing that is & it's missing from our Brazillian players so whether it's drilled out of them or they are told to cut it out by management.
Suarez & Mascherano were good for that.
Old 13-04-21, 04:00 PM   #28
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Old 13-04-21, 07:45 PM   #29
fabinho
Benitez

Their performance surprised me. The route one game they played at times was a bit of a shock, and when they wanted to move the ball about, they did it superbly.

Regardless of injuries and form this season, the one problem we seem to have is the ability to be up for it, regardless of the opposition.
Old 13-04-21, 07:51 PM   #30
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by labourRed View Post
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 08:18 PM   #31
topscorer
Dalglish

Quote:

To be honest I'd take that if it was offered to me because at least it means we are in the next round.

Without the fans and the form we are in at the moment I'm not oozing confidence.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-21, 08:58 PM   #32
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Bobby should play tomorrow. Was in good form on Saturday and he’ll cause Real problems if he plays.
Old 13-04-21, 10:00 PM   #33
HamboCairns
Run the Jewels

I hope that away goal plays a crucial part tomorrow.
Old 13-04-21, 10:50 PM   #34
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

Quote:
It's an South American thing that is & it's missing from our Brazillian players so whether it's drilled out of them or they are told to cut it out by management.
Suarez & Mascherano were good for that.

Not so sure as the likes of Ramos, Varane, Modric, Kroos, Asensio and Vazquez are all good at the snide arts. Even Mendy gets in on the act for them.

Fabinho is really the only one of our guys that does it and he is really good at it in a not so blatant way. He is very good at sticking in a professional foul similar to how Alonso used to do it and still not look dirty. Kroos does that quite well for Real.
Old 14-04-21, 08:31 AM   #35
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Not so sure as the likes of Ramos, Varane, Modric, Kroos, Asensio and Vazquez are all good at the snide arts. Even Mendy gets in on the act for them.

Fabinho is really the only one of our guys that does it and he is really good at it in a not so blatant way. He is very good at sticking in a professional foul similar to how Alonso used to do it and still not look dirty. Kroos does that quite well for Real.
Thiago just thunders in there and then goes 'what? it wasn't me?!'

We have to be at it from the first whistle tonight and that's the big concern for me. So far this season, we seldom look up for it from the kick-off... we're usually all slow build up and possession... and if anything or anyone fucks up in the first few minutes, passing and possession seems to go to shit right across the team.

Hope we have a heavy metal football start and not a whimper... difficult to get going from a whimper...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 11:10 AM   #36
Assassin
Kloppite

It needs to be dry bumming with a pineapple for these cunts tonight. There has to be a sound recording of the crowd from the Barca game that can be played during the game to help.....

Let’s give them a proper battering
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 11:25 AM   #37
Big-Red-Ed
Fagan

After last week's result I had completely written this off but a 2 nil win isn't the biggest ask ever. You never really know. As technically gifted as their mid field 3 is if we really get at them with a high tempo they might crack. Let's at least have a go and go down fighting.

YNWA
Big-Red-Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 11:29 AM   #38
Tribute
Shankly

If we start slow, we're fucked and we'll be on the back foot again. I know Real played quick and up tempo from the start last week but with 3-1 advantage, I can see them sitting a little deeper and looking to catch us on the break or with a set piece. They don't need to force it... we do.

Looking forward to it but also reckon if we go a goal behind, heads will drop and it'll be a similar scoreline to last week. Trying to be positive but we need to score first or it's done and dusted.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 11:35 AM   #39
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

We've really gonna need to go after Modric and Kroos, don't give them time on the ball.

Old 14-04-21, 11:39 AM   #40
Rich
Est1892's Fire Warden

Here's my team:

Becker
TAA - Phillips - Kabak - Robertson
Gini - Milner
Firmino
Mane - Salah - Jota

I don't think that Klopp would go for it - and it's a risk not playing Thiago but but but. Having Gini's energy is really important plus Milner's smarts in the middle, I'd just go with that. Firmino's in to hassle Modric and Kroos into mistakes.

Salah through the middle, Jota in his favoured position and the out-of-form Mane to work hard to help out TAA.

Easy-peasy

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC