It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 04-07-13, 07:23 PM   #401
Aj34
Benitez

Drivers threatening to pull out. Ssn
Aj34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:24 PM   #402
G
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
If both sides of the tyres are constructed the same, it won't matter which side is facing outwards, will it? There won't be any confusion as to what is on the right side or potential for mistakes.

If what you're saying is right, it would seem mistakes are being made.
Yes but they aren't constructed the same. The are made a certain way and mounted on the wheel for a particular side of the car and then marked with that information.

The teams knew what they were doing but did it anyway because it gave a performance advantage.Teams don't do it for shits and giggles and Pirelli don't make them that way for no reason.

I'm no expert on tyres,none of us are,just posting new relevant information that may show its not all down to Pirelli.

I'll stop now though.
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:26 PM   #403
G
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj34 View Post
Drivers threatening to pull out. Ssn
And yet on Sky sports f1 webpage it has a story entitled "drivers feel safer"
Old 04-07-13, 07:26 PM   #404
RichC
Meh

No real surprise I guess, regardless of whose fault it is with the tyres its taking away from the racing itself and being central to it rather than just another component of it.

Pirelli and Ecclestone need to get their acts together and get things right so its about the racing
RichC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:26 PM   #405
Aj34
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Yes but they aren't constructed the same. The are made a certain way and mounted on the wheel for a particular side of the car and then marked with that information.

The teams knew what they were doing but did it anyway because it gave a performance advantage.Teams don't do it for shits and giggles and Pirelli don't make them that way for no reason.

I'm no expert on tyres,none of us are,just posting new relevant information that may show its not all down to Pirelli.

I'll stop now though.
Great info. It's made me look at it slightly differently
Old 04-07-13, 07:26 PM   #406
Daniel 7
Heretic

I can understand Pirelli's spikiness, but ultimately they are the scapegoats for this and all their defensive posturing is doing them no favours.

I understad there was a request for more grip on the tyres and for the tread to provide that grip, so the sidewalls were weakened to provide the give. What we had was probably a perfect stor of events, but the fact is their design is reponsible for endangering the lives of drivers and marshalls. Bleating about it is about as bad a PR exercise they could possibly do.
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:28 PM   #407
Daniel 7
Heretic

Quote:

I'll stop now though.
Nah don't stop posting about it, its another viewpoint.
Old 04-07-13, 07:29 PM   #408
RichC
Meh

Quote:
(Reuters) - Ferrari's Fernando Alonso is reluctant to take part in a test at Silverstone this month because he fears a repeat of the scenes at the British Grand Prix on Sunday when exploding tyres put drivers' lives at risk.

The Spaniard, second in the standings behind Red Bull's triple world champion Sebastian Vettel, was almost hit on the head by a strip of tread flying off Sergio Perez's McLaren in front of him.

Formula One's governing body responded to the five blowouts by deciding on Monday to change the rules and allow race drivers to test revised Pirelli tyres with their current cars at the same track later this month, instead of just young drivers.

"I don't intend to go," Alonso told reporters in the Ferrari motorhome ahead of Sunday's German Grand Prix.

"It's not a very safe thing racing on the same track with the same tyres. I don't have the feeling I want to go. But if the team wants me to go..."

After the intervention of the governing FIA amid talk of a driver boycott, Pirelli have brought different rear tyres to the Nuerburgring - Vettel's home race - with an inner belt made of the synthetic fibre Kevlar rather than steel.

Double champion Alonso has put his faith in Pirelli to at least make this race safer, even if cooler rear tyres could benefit Mercedes and Red Bull based on this season's analysis.

"Pirelli made some changes so we trust them," he said.

"This is the third or fourth change they make in the season already, some were hurting us, some were helping us. I think performance today is the second priority.

"The most important thing is to make it for dinner at home on Sunday.

"I was lucky...It could have hit my helmet (last Sunday when finishing third). It would have been like a bullet."

"MIX THINGS UP"

Other drivers hoped the Italian firm had cracked the problem. Photographers milled around the Pirelli lorries in the Nuerburgring paddock on Thursday with technicians hard at work on the tyres, with practice taking place on Friday.

"Like we said last weekend, it has to be safe," Vettel said.

"It was not what we want, not satisfactory. It's good we have a new tyre here."

Red Bull team mate Mark Webber, who is swapping the perils of F1 for the equally dangerous pursuit of Le Mans endurance driving at the end of the season, rejected suggestions that kerbs at Silverstone had ruptured the tyres.

"It caught us all by surprise on Sunday for sure," he said.

"All of a sudden in the race there were landmines everywhere which no one really predicted.

"In the end everyone left there in one piece...apart from the tyres. Pirelli will learn from it, they have to. There's no issues with the kerbs because the track was fine the last five years. I'm a bit more confident they've got more data."

Pirelli, which has put some of the blame for the Silverstone blowouts on the teams for the way they have managed tyres, conducted a "secret" test with Mercedes in Barcelona in May for which the German team were punished by the FIA.

Mercedes have been ruled out of the Silverstone tyre trial this month and Nico Rosberg, the British Grand Prix winner, shrugged off talk that the Spanish test had given them inside knowledge going forward.

He also gave little hope to fans who feel tyres have been too decisive when it comes to results this season.

"There's no advantage. We don't know if we ran this tyre in Barcelona, you'll have to ask Pirelli," Rosberg said.

"For sure (the tyres changes) will very likely have an impact. It's going to mix things up a little bit."
Old 04-07-13, 07:29 PM   #409
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:

I'll stop now though.
Ffs man, stop defending pirelli. You got a set on your ford fiesta lx or something?

Its annoying when you, me, anyone starts off by posting something to balance a thread and then you end up looking like you're defending them to the hilt. Happens in many threads. Normally when you're in the minority with a different view. Keep going Mr pirelli.
Old 04-07-13, 07:30 PM   #410
G
Paisley

Quote:
I can understand Pirelli's spikiness, but ultimately they are the scapegoats for this and all their defensive posturing is doing them no favours.

I understad there was a request for more grip on the tyres and for the tread to provide that grip, so the sidewalls were weakened to provide the give. What we had was probably a perfect stor of events, but the fact is their design is reponsible for endangering the lives of drivers and marshalls. Bleating about it is about as bad a PR exercise they could possibly do.
Their statement was ridiculous

Quote:
Nah don't stop posting about it, its another viewpoint.
Old 04-07-13, 07:31 PM   #411
G
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Ffs man, stop defending pirelli. You got a set on your ford fiesta lx or something?

Its annoying when you, me, anyone starts off by posting something to balance a thread and then you end up looking like you're defending them to the hilt. Happens in many threads. Normally when you're in the minority with a different view. Keep going Mr pirelli.

Hopefully Paul Hembrey is taking note,my car needs a new set soon
Old 04-07-13, 07:32 PM   #412
G
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcasemore View Post
Jenson Button said he's not arsed with the silverstone test either
Old 06-07-13, 01:58 PM   #413
Aj34
Benitez

Mercedes fucked that up
Old 06-07-13, 06:52 PM   #414
Daniel 7
Heretic

Not for Lewis though! Another awesome lap. He's been moaning that he's driving a car set up for Rosberg and Schumacher - can't wait to see what he does in a Mercedes developed for him.
Old 06-07-13, 07:13 PM   #415
Aj34
Benitez

Another good day for Lewis. Showing his decision it join Mercedes was a good move
Old 06-07-13, 07:15 PM   #416
Daniel 7
Heretic

Yeah! Everyone called him nuts!
Old 06-07-13, 07:21 PM   #417
Aj34
Benitez

Quote:
Yeah! Everyone called him nuts!
Yep. I was one of them lol
Old 07-07-13, 01:19 PM   #418
Chazza
Des Lynam

F1 2013

Fucking hell, a tyre has just come off the back off Webber's motor and cleaned a cameraman out.
Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 01:19 PM   #419
G
Paisley

Hope the camera man is ok, more bad luck for webber.
Old 07-07-13, 01:23 PM   #420
Aj34
Benitez

That was nasty
Old 07-07-13, 01:29 PM   #421
Chazza
Des Lynam

Lotus looking quite lively.
Old 07-07-13, 01:45 PM   #422
Aj34
Benitez

There certainly have been some incidents last couple of races
Old 07-07-13, 02:42 PM   #423
Aj34
Benitez

Come on kimi
Old 15-07-13, 04:02 PM   #424
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Susie Wolff will have her first full Formula 1 test at the wheel of a Williams in this week's 'young-driver' test at Silverstone.

Wolff, 30, is currently the development driver for Williams. She raced in the DTM German touring car championship for seven years before quitting the series to concentrate on her work with the British outfit.

"There is very limited testing, so you only get one chance. You have to grab it with both hands", she tells BBC Radio 5 live.

"It is going to be tough on Friday but I think I am ready for the challenge."
Old 15-07-13, 05:40 PM   #425
G
Paisley

A 30 year old 'young driver'

There's hope for me yet!
Old 17-07-13, 11:35 AM   #426
Chazza
Des Lynam

Quote:
Rob Harris @RobHarris
Breaking: F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone tells me he's been indicted by German prosecutors for alleged bribery. Details on @AP_Sports
Old 23-07-13, 03:06 PM   #427
Chazza
Des Lynam

FORMULA 1
The Austrian Grand Prix is to return to the Formula 1 calendar next year.

The news has been confirmed today in a statement issued by Red Bull, the energy drinks company founded by Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz.

The race, which has been given a provisional slot of 6 July, is to be staged at the Red Bull Ring, formerly known as the A1-Ring and which last held an F1 race in 2003.

The statement read: "Dietrich Mateschitz and (F1 supremo) Bernie Ecclestone have reached an agreement to the effect that Formula One will return to Styria next year."
Old 23-07-13, 03:43 PM   #428
Pedenj
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazza View Post
The statement read: "Dietrich Mateschitz and (F1 supremo) Bernie Ecclestone have reached an agreement to the effect that Formula One will return to Styria next year."
Have they added in "(F1 Supermo)" or do think that was actually in the statement.

Wasn't sure if that's now Bernie's official title.
Pedenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-13, 10:15 PM   #429
Daniel 7
Heretic

Haha, the Red Bull Ring gets its GP back

Big surprise
Old 27-07-13, 02:05 PM   #430
RichC
Meh

What a lap from Hamilton to take pole, the Merc pit wall seemed shocked!!
Old 27-07-13, 02:26 PM   #431
G
Paisley

So did Lewis

Great lap though. Really hope Merc can sustain this form and take the fight to Red Bull, not really keen on yet another Red Bull double championship
Old 27-07-13, 02:59 PM   #432
Camble
Benitez

Celebrated like a Liverpool goal when Hamilton got pole haha!

Awesome car on a short run, poor in comparison on long runs.

It's like watching Usain Bolt in the 10km.
Camble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 01:50 PM   #433
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

The move on button was a little ott, he could have given Jensen more space, but you've got to admire Grogan's style. He's got some balls.
Old 28-07-13, 02:19 PM   #434
Aj34
Benitez

Great move Lewis
Old 28-07-13, 02:20 PM   #435
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Old 28-07-13, 02:21 PM   #436
Vermilion
Shooterista

Superb move, proper race driving right there!
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 02:29 PM   #437
Vermilion
Shooterista

Come on Kimi, make it as wide and as long as an artic!
Vermilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-13, 02:35 PM   #438
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Go Kimi
Old 28-07-13, 02:44 PM   #439
Aj34
Benitez

Get in kimi
Old 28-07-13, 02:44 PM   #440
Kenneth