It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Old 14-04-21, 09:54 PM   #361
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

concentrate on the league
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:54 PM   #362
Bloodraven
Fagan

Too many crosses, subs made us lose momentum. We've been shite this season so no surprise we didn't progress.
Bloodraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:54 PM   #363
DeanoUK
Dalglish

A lot of people happy with the performance. Iím not seeing much different to the other dozen games where weíve failed to break down a defensive team.

Real have simply looked at the rest of their season and repeated what everyone else has done - all too simple.

The quality up front is abysmal.
DeanoUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #364
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAndWhite View Post
Two manc teams?
Aye good point
Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #365
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post

We are nowhere near as shit as you make out.
I haven’t said we are. They haven’t come to take us on head to head, we’ve been allowed more of the ball as a result.

Last edited by Kenneth; 14-04-21 at 09:58 PM.
Kenneth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #366
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Expected nothing from us to be honest. Pretty much the same scenario all season long. Need to seriously stop playing Mane and Firmino.
Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #367
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

I don't see what thiago adds. I was really excited about him but he just fouls, takes an extra touch and that's it.
Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #368
Tribute
Shankly

Liverpool v Real CL 1/4 final second leg

Lost it in the first half of the first leg.. couldnít make amends and wasteful/shit finishing cost us dear. Disappointing but good to see the performance is there if not the clinical shooting. We are so crap in front of goal at the moment, canít kill teams off like we used to with ease...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #369
McDermotX
Paisley

Jesus Fabinho......why don't you marry that cunt ?

Old 14-04-21, 09:55 PM   #370
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

League it is then
Saveloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:56 PM   #371
danperkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I don't see what thiago adds. I was really excited about him but he just fouls, takes an extra touch and that's it.
Many lads way off this season but yeah Thiago has been abysmal.
Old 14-04-21, 09:57 PM   #372
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saveloy View Post
League it is then
Yeah, seasonís done.
Old 14-04-21, 09:57 PM   #373
kemm1
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
Expected nothing from us to be honest. Pretty much the same scenario all season long. Need to seriously stop playing Mane and Firmino.

Ox and Jota needs to get a run now.
kemm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:58 PM   #374
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoUK View Post
A lot of people happy with the performance. Iím not seeing much different to the other dozen games where weíve failed to break down a defensive team.

Real have simply looked at the rest of their season and repeated what everyone else has done - all too simple.

The quality up front is abysmal.

Bar the finish, we created the chances. We havenít done that in loads of games this season... the finishing cost us. We werenít blunt, we just canít finish.
Old 14-04-21, 09:58 PM   #375
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Great performance, damage done in first game. Play like that consistently in the league and weíll get 4th.
Old 14-04-21, 09:58 PM   #376
johnc121
Souness

The inability to convert chances is incredible this season... without Mo's goals fuck knows where we'd be.
johnc121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 09:59 PM   #377
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
Great performance, damage done in first game. Play like that consistently in the league and we’ll get 4th.
We don’t face many teams happy to sit on an aggregate lead in the league unfortunately.
Old 14-04-21, 10:00 PM   #378
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Great performance, damage done in first game. Play like that consistently in the league and weíll get 4th.

Unless we find our scoring touch across the front three, we wonít. Leeds, Newcastle and United are next and all three won at the weekend. If we canít be more clinical itíll be Europa...
Old 14-04-21, 10:00 PM   #379
kingfunk
Doesnt subscribe to Craig's conspiracy theories!

We have been absurdly shite this season, how we managed the qf and still within touch of fourth is beyond me.
Old 14-04-21, 10:00 PM   #380
badpiggy
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
Could the 4 left be more cunty?
Soooo this I'm up for no one from this point on.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 10:00 PM   #381
Robbie-9-Fowler
Shankly

Performance in Madrid wasn't good enough but we still had enough to go through tonight, we let ourselves down in front of goal.

Trent and Phillips were outstanding for me! Milner too whilst he was on.

Robertson and Gini look unsurprisingly tired to me

Not sure how we fix our attacking issues though, Mane's decline has caused us as much problems as the defensive issues lately.
Old 14-04-21, 10:00 PM   #382
ChesterDave
Paisley

Really hoping Citeh don't win it.
ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 10:01 PM   #383
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc121 View Post
The inability to convert chances is incredible this season... without Mo's goals fuck knows where we'd be.

And he was the worst culprit for missing proper gilt-edged chances tonight...
Old 14-04-21, 10:02 PM   #384
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Jota out wide was strange. This season he's our best finisher. Get him in the middle. Keep mane and salah where they were. Take Bobby off. We gave up midfield and congested the central areas with the subs. Every corner put in the mixer is pointless without virgil or matip. Not one short corner. Robertson takes a shit dead ball, trent not fit enough to get across to take them? Last 3 seasons he has. Why the change?
Old 14-04-21, 10:02 PM   #385
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribute View Post
Bar the finish, we created the chances. We havenít done that in loads of games this season... the finishing cost us. We werenít blunt, we just canít finish.
To be fair we have also created chances in the other games we have lost, we had something like 110 shot in the 6 home games we lost or 8 home games we failed to score in. We need to create more chances but we haven't been taking alot of the good ones we have had. That's been the case at least since the turn of the year.
Old 14-04-21, 10:02 PM   #386
badpiggy
Paisley

I feel a bit sorry for Mane at the moment. He's a literal dead cert to give the ball away every time he gets it and in an impressive variety of ways.
"But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice!"
badpiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 10:02 PM   #387
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
I havenít said we are. They havenít come to take us on head to head, weíve been allowed more of the ball as a result.
All the Ďcigarsí chat though? We went at them first half and they were rocking for 30 minutes for sure. We should have scored. Obviously that is an issue, but to say Madrid coasted through this game is not exactly true.

Anyway you go on with your half empty pint Iíll get back to my half full one

I think this squad with Van Dijk back a couple of signings and the crowd will be challenging again next season.

Positive signs from Mane for 45 mins, and if anything the subs took away out momentum.
Old 14-04-21, 10:03 PM   #388
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post

Guardiola is still officially a failure at Citeh until he does. That was the only reason they brought him in.. to win the CL... theyíd already won cups and the Premier League... theyíve always been shit in Europe but this year thereís a distinct possibility itís their year...
Old 14-04-21, 10:04 PM   #389
Irishnev
Paisley

Quote:
We had enough chances to win the game but credit to Madrid who actually defended very well. Their wingers chased our full backs and the tactical changes they made moving Valverde to midfield helped a lot......

But

If Salah scores early then they may shit the bed - I love Salah but he does miss some absolute sitters. Bobby worked hard but nothing really around the box and Mane looks a shadow of himself.......if we were to sell one of the front 3 Iíd let him go because on this form he is a liability.

I thought Trent was superb and Ali stepped up when needed. V disappointing because it was mistakes that cost us in the first leg and this lot arenít great

I smell City vs Chelsea in the final and it sickens me - to be honest as much as I hate the club I hope Madrid win it. Only proper club left in it now
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 10:05 PM   #390
Tribute
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
To be fair we have also created chances in the other games we have lost, we had something like 110 shot in the 6 home games we lost or 8 home games we failed to score in. We need to create more chances but we haven't been taking alot of the good ones we have had. That's been the case at least since the turn of the year.

I still 100% blame VAR for absolutely everything... :-)
Old 14-04-21, 10:05 PM   #391
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
All the ‘cigars’ chat though? We went at them first half and they were rocking for 30 minutes for sure. We should have scored. Obviously that is an issue, but to say Madrid coasted through this game is not exactly true.

Anyway you go on with your half empty pint I’ll get back to my half full one

I think this squad with Van Dijk back a couple of signings and the crowd will be challenging again next season.

Positive signs from Mane for 45 mins, and if anything the subs took away out momentum.
They were definitely rattled early on, yes. But they reacted by deciding to sit on what they had with a two goal cushion. It worked increasingly well as the match went on, and they would have surely changed tactics if we’d scored. They let us play, so we had a lot of possession, and they were right to. They had as good chances as we did despite their negative approach. If we’d scored early it would have been very different, and if they’d scored rather than hit the post it wouldn’t have changed much. If people are happy because of the performance then that’s great, I was pleasantly surprised by our early play, but there is context, we were playing a team who didn’t need to score and were happy to defend for the most part.

Last edited by Kenneth; 14-04-21 at 10:11 PM.
Old 14-04-21, 10:07 PM   #392
danperkins

Quote:
They were definitely rattled early on, yes. But they reacted by deciding to sit on what they had with a two goal cushion. It worked increasingly well as the match went on, and they would have surely changed tactics if weíd scored.
yup and that tactic of sitting deep, defending the centre and pushing us wide has been used by dozens of teams this season with great success.
Old 14-04-21, 10:08 PM   #393
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
They were definitely rattled early on, yes. But they reacted by deciding to sit on what they had with a two goal cushion. It worked increasingly well as the match went on, and they would have surely changed tactics if we’d scored. They let us play, so we had a lot of possession, and they were right to. They had as good chances as we did despite their negative approach.
Mo had to score that chance. The entire dynamic of the tie would have changed. His moment to exact revenge, on a plate, and he fluffed it.
Old 14-04-21, 10:09 PM   #394
fabinho
Benitez

First half was OK, showed a lack of creativity and intelligence up front in the second half. We were either trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle or congregating together statically in a box full of Madrid players.

Disappointing performance in the second half, the subs were a complete letdown.
Old 14-04-21, 10:11 PM   #395
Maxiedge
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by badpiggy View Post
I feel a bit sorry for Mane at the moment. He's a literal dead cert to give the ball away every time he gets it and in an impressive variety of ways.
Mane has been very odd recently. Even not going down for the penalties. I mean wtf?
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-21, 10:12 PM   #396
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Sorry for belatedly editing again. I really should do better.
Old 14-04-21, 10:14 PM   #397
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

Quote:
Originally Posted by danperkins View Post
yup and that tactic of sitting deep, defending the centre and pushing us wide has been used by dozens of teams this season with great success.

But we sliced through them time and again today, creating 4 or 5 clear chances. It was nothing like these games.

Finishing let us down but the real damage was done in the first game when we never showed up.
Old 14-04-21, 10:18 PM   #398
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Quote:
But we sliced through them time and again today, creating 4 or 5 clear chances. It was nothing like these games.

Finishing let us down but the real damage was done in the first game when we never showed up.
Salah and Gini had the clearest chances, ones that have to beat the keeper/hit the target. But then they hit the post, a one-on-one with a double save, had a free header from six yards so can believe that they were also unlucky not to score. The rest of the game was the more familiar huff and puff with crosses being well defended, mane stumbling into people and us being unable to find space in a packed box.

I think a lot of people were expecting the worse and are happy that we gave a respectable effort, and I’d agree with that, but they did what they needed to in both games and we didn’t. But then they’re better than us at the moment so I guess that’s fair enough.

Last edited by Kenneth; 14-04-21 at 10:22 PM.
Old 14-04-21, 10:22 PM   #399
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

There were one or two last ditch blocks from them also Firmino hit a decent shots that was blocked both half’s and had a header. Salah had the one where he delayed was a chance. We definitely had the moments but by 60-70 mins and not having taken any of them we ran out of ideas.
Old 14-04-21, 10:23 PM   #400
S-RED
Dalglish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
i don't care if they do TBF; like all their recent achievements it will be tarnished. Both them & PSG will never get the credit ( along with Chelsea) simply because it has come from dirty money & football people do not forget that ever
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC