It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-18, 01:16 AM   #41
topscorer
Dalglish
 
topscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,640
Not read a word of it but lock it lol
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 27-05-18, 01:17 AM   #42
Exiled_red
Paisley
 
Exiled_red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 39,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by EwarWoo View Post
The entire idea is to remain efficient this season to keep funds available to improve. But don't let that get in the way of your little pity party.

Lets go back to buying any old shit to fill spots so we can say we at least tried and keep the knee jerkers satisfied!

See below.
Maybe that's the case. But the fact is the lack of depth cost us today on one of the biggest stages in football. There won't be many better chances to win the CL than we had today. Maybe we'll get back there next season, maybe it will be another 11 years no one knows. Under Rafa we had much better teams than we had in 2005 but we never won it again. Now I know none of us expected in January to be in the CL final this year, but that'should part of my point you never know what's going to happen. You could argue that being efficient has cost us our best chance at CL for years.

For me selling Coutinho and not replacing him was one hell of a gamble at the time I thought we were gambling with 4th spot, fortunately I was wrong and we qualified. But that being the case it was still very tight and I was not happy taking the risk or with the way the situation was handled. I don't want to go out and buy someone just for the sake of it I want us to get the right players in and improve the but we can't just play the long game in and be happy with 4th place in the mean time, we need to be competitive every year
__________________
The only gracious way to accept an insult is to ignore it; if you can't ignore it, top it; if you can't top it, laugh at it; if you can't laugh at it, it's probably deserved.
Exiled_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 01:24 AM   #43
Snigger
Dalglish
 
Snigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,164
Someone close this ridiculous thread
Snigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 01:55 AM   #44
EwarWoo
Paisley
 
EwarWoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
fortunately I was wrong
That you were. /thread.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 01:55 AM   #45
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,637
****zed. Cuntsfuckib cunts
__________________
Update your signature Roboklopp
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 03:44 AM   #46
peekay
Dr.
 
peekay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Maybe that's the case. But the fact is the lack of depth cost us today on one of the biggest stages in football. There won't be many better chances to win the CL than we had today. Maybe we'll get back there next season, maybe it will be another 11 years no one knows. Under Rafa we had much better teams than we had in 2005 but we never won it again. Now I know none of us expected in January to be in the CL final this year, but that'should part of my point you never know what's going to happen. You could argue that being efficient has cost us our best chance at CL for years.

For me selling Coutinho and not replacing him was one hell of a gamble at the time I thought we were gambling with 4th spot, fortunately I was wrong and we qualified. But that being the case it was still very tight and I was not happy taking the risk or with the way the situation was handled. I don't want to go out and buy someone just for the sake of it I want us to get the right players in and improve the but we can't just play the long game in and be happy with 4th place in the mean time, we need to be competitive every year
I was pissed of the fact that we did not replace Coutinho too but I think that is more to do with Klopp than others. Klopp is very careful with his purchases and has an innate sense of the value of a player which he is reluctant to budge from. From some of the newspaper articles, he had to be persuaded to spend 75 million on Van Dijk also by our owners. Our signings appear spot on for the most case because of Klopp's principles. The negative side of that is that we do not appear that aggressive in the transfer market. We have to accept the negatives with the positives.
peekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 08:47 AM   #47
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,921
We arent cursed.

We get to support our team in champions league finals. Something 95% of football fans will never do.

Speak to a supporter of a League 1 team and try convincing them we are cursed.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 08:57 AM   #48
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels
 
foresterbloke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 32,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
We arent cursed.

We get to support our team in champions league finals. Something 95% of football fans will never do.

Speak to a supporter of a League 1 team and try convincing them we are cursed.
Or Spurs
__________________
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
foresterbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 09:23 AM   #49
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
We arent cursed.

We get to support our team in champions league finals. Something 95% of football fans will never do.

Speak to a supporter of a League 1 team and try convincing them we are cursed.
I think I stated we obviously aren't really cursed. However it does feel someone has it in for us by getting so close to doing something mega before the rug is always pulled away. We nearly win our first title for Gerrard to slip which I've never seen the like of and then last night the best player in the world gets injured early doors and your keeper gives away the worst goal in the history of the competition.

It's the being so close that hurts more than just being average. It's like the footballing gods want us to suffer.

If you feel different. Great. Good luck to you. I feel sick to the core today. Nothing will lift my spirits for a good few days or weeks.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He wonít expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 09:25 AM   #50
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
We arent cursed.

We get to support our team in champions league finals. Something 95% of football fans will never do.

Speak to a supporter of a League 1 team and try convincing them we are cursed.
99% seeing that RM get there every fucking year
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 09:28 AM   #51
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
I think I stated we obviously aren't really cursed. However it does feel someone has it in for us by getting so close to doing something mega before the rug is always pulled away. We nearly win our first title for Gerrard to slip which I've never seen the like of and then last night the best player in the world gets injured early doors and your keeper gives away the worst goal in the history of the competition.

It's the being so close that hurts more than just being average. It's like the footballing gods want us to suffer.

If you feel different. Great. Good luck to you. I feel sick to the core today. Nothing will lift my spirits for a good few days or weeks.
Itís the hope that kills you for sure.

This is Klopps team now, and they have only really been together as a core group for one season. The lessons they will learn from the hurt last night will be huge and will make them mentally tougher. We will be stronger next season.

We just have to dust ourselves down and go again. Thatís sport.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 09:59 AM   #52
Daniel 7
Heretic
 
Daniel 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,433
Came too early this final I reckon. It may well work out for the best though, new keeper etc. I reckon they'll be stronger for this. We weren't beaten out of sight, just by mistakes
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 04:49 PM   #53
topscorer
Dalglish
 
topscorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
Came too early this final I reckon. It may well work out for the best though, new keeper etc. I reckon they'll be stronger for this. We weren't beaten out of sight, just by mistakes


It's never too early to be in a cup final and this is our third in 3 seasons, it's not like it was a new experience for us.
topscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 05:01 PM   #54
ronanm
Shankly
 
ronanm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,182
Anything that could go wrong did. Bizarre game. Madrid weren't that good but I did fear bale would run amok. No reason we can't get back into it next year. Need about 4 first team players tho.
__________________
Substance > Style
ronanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 05:05 PM   #55
Tee
El Pistolero
 
Tee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 35,765
That Madrid team was there for the taking, really nothing special anymore and had Salah stayed on I am convinced we would have beaten them before Loris could fuck things up
__________________
"Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball." Bob Paisley
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 06:58 PM   #56
Daniel 7
Heretic
 
Daniel 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by topscorer View Post
It's never too early to be in a cup final and this is our third in 3 seasons, it's not like it was a new experience for us.
I was meaning expectations wise
Daniel 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 07:00 PM   #57
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves
 
danperkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 35,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel 7 View Post
I was meaning expectations wise
was my main concern coming into the game. In saying that we looked much the better side until the Salah injury & then Karius kicked in. We have zero luck.
__________________
When in doubt, mumble.
danperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 07:02 PM   #58
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,219
Any chance this mambo jumbo thread could get binned
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 07:10 PM   #59
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain
 
BobTheCharmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Any chance this mambo jumbo thread could get binned
Or you could ignore it. Jesus.
__________________
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He wonít expect it back. Oscar Wilde
BobTheCharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-18, 07:14 PM   #60
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Or you could ignore it. Jesus.
Nah, its annoying me
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 08-11-19, 12:12 PM   #61
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Nah, its annoying me
I think itís safe to say ď the curse ď has been broken yeah .
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 12:16 PM   #62
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?
 
Shaggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 127,419
Fuck me when I saw this bumped I thought it was gonna be news of a Virgil ACL in training or some shit. Fucking hell
__________________
I was playing doctors and nurses with my female cousin. I was about 6 or 7, and we were inserting little toy stuffs in our bum holes. Does it count as snogging?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 12:18 PM   #63
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth
 
Buzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 34,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
I think itís safe to say ď the curse ď has been broken yeah .
Ooft. Any superstitious supporters will be cursing you with this post and thread bump before a big match.

Not me though. Superstitions are for weak minded fools who are not prepared to accept accountability

Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 12:20 PM   #64
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,633
�� I was just trolling some old threads & found this. It seemed to ruffle Norbs feathers so I thought I should reacquaint him lol
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 12:21 PM   #65
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
Ooft. Any superstitious supporters will be cursing you with this post and thread bump before a big match.

Not me though. Superstitions are for weak minded fools who are not prepared to accept accountability

https://cdn.dribbble.com/users/26867..._final-3_1.gif
totally agree with the fools bit
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 05:55 PM   #66
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
�� I was just trolling some old threads & found this. It seemed to ruffle Norbs feathers so I thought I should reacquaint him lol
So does that mean it's my fault if we lose on Sunday?
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-19, 11:04 PM   #67
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
�� I was just trolling some old threads & found this. It seemed to ruffle Norbs feathers so I thought I should reacquaint him lol
Norbs is a little Gaga at the moment
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 01:57 AM   #68
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse
 
Norbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 29,219
Twat
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 08:59 AM   #69
Roboklopp
Cuboid Humanoid
 
Roboklopp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 27,637
ďAt the moment?Ē
__________________
Update your signature Roboklopp
Roboklopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 09:52 AM   #70
Assassin
Kloppite
 
Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
Twat


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboklopp View Post
ďAt the moment?Ē
__________________
Sillyness in motion
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:33 PM   #71
SB
Paisley
 
SB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post
So does that mean it's my fault if we lose on Sunday?
Yes ....... but we wonít.
__________________
No 1 Klopp supporter
SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  est1892 > Football > Liverpool FC

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Our Current Balance versus Target. Please help us: (Donate)

Kindly Hosted By DigitalWales
Any posts remain the responsibility of the poster. Neither est1892, its Owners nor any company affiliated will be held responsible from any disputes arising from these posts. The views raised are not necessarily those held by the website or its owners.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.