It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892
Old 13-01-19, 04:45 PM   #21961
brightred
Befuddled

Just got a text from a manc supporting friend of mine informing me that Solskjaer has the same amount of managerial trophies in England as Klopp-0 he said!!

Sad cunt.

No longer a friend.
Old 13-01-19, 04:47 PM   #21962
Phoenix07
The Normal One

Should've given him a VVD response - 'Who cares'.
Phoenix07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-19, 04:58 PM   #21963
ChesterDave
Paisley

That's a proper tiny penis thing to text. Just goes to show they are obsessed
Old 13-01-19, 09:53 PM   #21964
brightred
Befuddled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
That's a proper tiny penis thing to text. Just goes to show they are obsessed
Old 13-01-19, 11:19 PM   #21965
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightred View Post
Just got a text from a manc supporting friend of mine informing me that Solskjaer has the same amount of managerial trophies in England as Klopp-0 he said!!

Sad cunt.

No longer a friend.
Equally small time but has Solskjaer won any Manager of the Month awards?
Old 13-01-19, 11:57 PM   #21966
baitman
Daddy day care

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresterbloke View Post
Equally small time but has Solskjaer won any Manager of the Month awards?
Puppet of the month, surely. He will gve the bottle of whiskey to dbf

too many gutless players, no beef or desire. pussies everywhere... sack them all, but not VVD or Alisson
baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 09:12 AM   #21967
The_weatherman
Smug

Putting aside all the bias, OGS is doing rather well, he has passed all the tests so far, surprised me a bit and if he carries on like this I think they will have to give the job to him.
Old 14-01-19, 09:56 AM   #21968
Fredo
Not to be taken seriously

I think he is doing what Klopp did there. Not talking about the tactics, but his man management look similar.
Old 14-01-19, 10:21 AM   #21969
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Unfortunately there's zero chance of him getting it permanently, so let's hope for a relentless procession of embarrassing defeats
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_weatherman View Post
Putting aside all the bias, OGS is doing rather well, he has passed all the tests so far, surprised me a bit and if he carries on like this I think they will have to give the job to him.
It's definitely looking more than 0% now that'll he'll get it permanently

As I said it's win/win. I maintain he'll be an absolute disaster if he's appointed permanently.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 10:49 AM   #21970
red g
Paisley

I agree. They were battered yesterday will definitely not end well if he gets the job permanently.

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 10:50 AM   #21971
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
It's definitely looking more than 0% now that'll he'll get it permanently

As I said it's win/win. I maintain he'll be an absolute disaster if he's appointed permanently.
He was getting good reviews with his Molde team, I think the Norwegian scout, Karlsen, said Molde produced arguably the finest performance he had seen from a Norwegian team. Maybe he's more than useful, also clever of him to get Phelan back in and inviting Ferguson over, just shows how stupid Moyes was when he cut those ties completely.
Old 14-01-19, 10:55 AM   #21972
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
He was getting good reviews with his Molde team, I think the Norwegian scout, Karlsen, said Molde produced arguably the finest performance he had seen from a Norwegian team. Maybe he's more than useful, also clever of him to get Phelan back in and inviting Ferguson over, just shows how stupid Moyes was when he cut those ties completely.
No offence but I don't think his experience of managing in Norwegian football will stand him in good stead long term with a club like Man Utd.

Everything has been nicely planned for him to get off to a good start. A nice easy run of fixtures to get them going. A huge release of pressure after what sounds like a toxic atmosphere under Mourinho. Once the honeymoon period ends and they get their first poor result I suspect we might see things start to unravel.
Old 14-01-19, 10:58 AM   #21973
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

The fact that De Gea had to make 11 saves in the second half is being turned into management genius from Solskjaer. Apparently that is a record breaking amount of work for a keeper.

Fair play he's had a decent start as manager, and that is undoubtedly a good win. But relying on your keeper having a 'Worldie' is only going to take you so far.
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 11:25 AM   #21974
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
The fact that De Gea had to make 11 saves in the second half is being turned into management genius from Solskjaer. Apparently that is a record breaking amount of work for a keeper.

Fair play he's had a decent start as manager, and that is undoubtedly a good win. But relying on your keeper having a 'Worldie' is only going to take you so far.
Completely agree
Old 14-01-19, 12:13 PM   #21975
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
No offence but I don't think his experience of managing in Norwegian football will stand him in good stead long term with a club like Man Utd.

Everything has been nicely planned for him to get off to a good start. A nice easy run of fixtures to get them going. A huge release of pressure after what sounds like a toxic atmosphere under Mourinho. Once the honeymoon period ends and they get their first poor result I suspect we might see things start to unravel.
None taken, but I remember Karlsen speaking about it when he was appointed, he seems to know his stuff.*

Karlsen that is.
Old 14-01-19, 07:07 PM   #21976
Frenchie
Dalglish

Quote:

This

If the mancs try to play us like they did Spuds they will get seriously stuffed

So here's hoping
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 07:07 PM   #21977
vlahka
Still sulking...

All he's had was the benefit of Ferguson helping with the first team, something the other managers didnt have because they most likely refused outside help. Hes a puppet.
vlahka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 07:22 PM   #21978
Assassin
Kloppite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
All he's had was the benefit of Ferguson helping with the first team, something the other managers didnt have because they most likely refused outside help. Hes a puppet.
This
Old 14-01-19, 07:36 PM   #21979
dom9
Ant Pisser

Ferguson who is recovering from a stroke?
Old 14-01-19, 09:06 PM   #21980
Exiled_red
Paisley

How much of Solskjaer's success is down to him and how much is due to the lift given to everyone at the club because Mourinho isn't in charge anymore?
Old 14-01-19, 09:33 PM   #21981
Cormack74
Shankly

They have enough good footballers to go out with zero instructions and still produce decent results against most of the prem. The crunch will come when they play someone with quality (or when their GK doesn't have a worldie).
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 09:55 PM   #21982
vlahka
Still sulking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
Ferguson who is recovering from a stroke?
Last reports were he was fine and better. Giving tactics and instructions during the week now and then wont do anything to his heart. Besides its already been mentioned that hes been invovled with the first team.
Old 14-01-19, 09:58 PM   #21983
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
They have enough good footballers to go out with zero instructions and still produce decent results against most of the prem. The crunch will come when they play someone with quality (or when their GK doesn't have a worldie).

They must've really really hated Mourinho
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 10:15 PM   #21984
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbs View Post

They must've really really hated Mourinho

Yup, paid all that money yet that's what it seems to boil down to
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 10:17 PM   #21985
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlahka View Post
Last reports were he was fine and better. Giving tactics and instructions during the week now and then wont do anything to his heart. Besides its already been mentioned that hes been invovled with the first team.
I think you're over egging it myself....

Sir Alex Ferguson offers Ole Gunnar Solskjśr helping hand at United

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard
Old 14-01-19, 10:20 PM   #21986
Liverpool
Paisley

been seen going into the training ground a bit as well. I doubt he has a huge role though
Liverpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-19, 10:26 PM   #21987
vlahka
Still sulking...

It wont be huge. But he's for sure talking to the team and showing them tactics.
Old 14-01-19, 10:35 PM   #21988
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool View Post
been seen going into the training ground a bit as well. I doubt he has a huge role though
Right
Old 15-01-19, 09:09 AM   #21989
The_weatherman
Smug

I'll nail my colours to the mast, I think he's doing a pretty good job, like he said himself, teams are allowed to have a good goalkeeper. He's hitting all the right notes with the players and the fans and has won 6 out of 6. Couldn't ask for more, he surprised me, now if he gets the job long term there will be different pressure and I'm aware of the face that they had an easy run coupled with the fact they faced a tiring Spurs squad.
Old 15-01-19, 09:12 AM   #21990
Saveloy
Expect the Wurst

I think the honeymoon will end when they get hammered by PSG
Saveloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 09:51 AM   #21991
labourRed
Shankly

Quote:
I'll nail my colours to the mast, I think he's doing a pretty good job, like he said himself, teams are allowed to have a good goalkeeper. He's hitting all the right notes with the players and the fans and has won 6 out of 6. Couldn't ask for more, he surprised me, now if he gets the job long term there will be different pressure and I'm aware of the face that they had an easy run coupled with the fact they faced a tiring Spurs squad.
It's obviously disingenuous to say he's just a cheerleader who is sending his team out to enjoy football and will be found out eventually.

The changes he has made are hardly genius though, he's freed up Pogba from having to defend by employing a double pivot, added the pacey players up front, dropping slower ones like mata and Fellani.

Their defence won't always get bailed out by De Gea though, that back four won't win anything.
labourRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 09:56 AM   #21992
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

He's won every game so far, so it's hard to criticise but without DeGea they lose that game. First decent team they played, and they were cut open several times.

I think we will know more by mid-March. The PSG ties will be done by then, and they have a tough run around that time.

It feels like I'm on your case at the moment weatherman, and I don't mean to be , but dare I say I sense a bit of Scandinavian bias in there?
Old 15-01-19, 10:21 AM   #21993
Tribute
Dalglish

Quote:

...I remember the days of relying on our 'worldie' keepers, Mignolet and Karius.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 10:23 AM   #21994
Tribute
Dalglish

Quote:
...trying to remember why he failed so miserably at Cardiff. Shit players? Shit tactics? Shit backroom staff? Maybe all three...

He looks like more of a figurehead at Utd, with a much better support network (and Fergiescum) behind him like a knarly old bouncer... OGS probably thinks it's all down to him, when in fact it's the terrifying ghost of Jacob 'Fergie' Marley behind him...
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 10:30 AM   #21995
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Reminds me of when Chelsea brought in Di Matteo. I think Solskjaer might do reasonably well until the end of the season, but give him a pre season, and some money and the wheels will come off.

Here s hoping he gets the gig. If not then Southgate would be amazing!!!
Buzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 11:21 AM   #21996
The_weatherman
Smug

Quote:
Reminds me of when Chelsea brought in Di Matteo. I think Solskjaer might do reasonably well until the end of the season, but give him a pre season, and some money and the wheels will come off.

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying he'd be a long term solution, but I do feel there is something there, he made his mistakes with Cardiff and went back to Norway where he's done well. He knows United well, and of course those solutions were pretty obvious, but he did execute them and involved Fergie as well.

I could see them gain ground on the top four.
Old 15-01-19, 11:47 AM   #21997
gratziani
Dalglish

He has done well but 5 of those games were gimme's and Spurs battered them second half.

Any manager with a brain would surely put Rashford , Martial and Pogba in their team as attacking players and let them express themselves which he has done.

Looks like the toxic atmosphere has gone from Mourinho has gone and they are enjoying themselves on the pitch. Give him a 5 year contract soon as possible
gratziani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-19, 12:37 PM   #21998
danperkins
Martin Skrtel can win a game of Connect Four in three moves

Quote:

IMO the players are just playing with freedom and euphoria that Mourinho has gone. Very similar to Di Matteo in treble year, Terry and Lampard were essentially managing that side and Di Matteo was just a face in a suit. A chimpanzee could have been managing that Chelsea side.

6 out of 6 is what it is, although lucky vs Spurs and kind run of fixtures still a great run. Mike Phelan coming back into the fold has been a massive thing IMO as Fergie has his ear. I personally think Fergie is having a big input into what is going on.

PSG is the game that IMO will let us know where they are, Spurs cut them apart in that 2nd half and their finishing let them down or that was 4 or 5. PSG are ruthless up top and have the luxury of resting everyone in between the 2 legs as they are about 400 points ahead domestically. United have PSG twice, us, Arsenal away & City in and around the champs league games so it's a massive test for them.

I'm hoping they are in the mix for a champs league spot come the City game as if they aren't they won't give a flying fuck about it.
Old 26-01-19, 07:12 AM   #21999
Nicey
Paisley

They will have a 5th round FA Cup tie shortly after they play PSG before playing us whilst we will have Bayern at home midweek before them after a 10 day rest. Hopefully, they will draw City or Chelsea
Old 27-01-19, 09:01 PM   #22000
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Fucking jammy bastards

est1892 > Football > General Football