It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 24-12-20, 02:14 PM   #1681
dom9
Ant Pisser

Tuchel to Arsenal might make sense.
Old 24-12-20, 02:16 PM   #1682
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Yep that's a result for us
Old 29-12-20, 07:59 AM   #1683
Exiled_red
Paisley

Sheffield Wednesday sacked Tony Pulis, he only got the job in November and lasted just 10 games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55471175
Old 29-12-20, 11:24 AM   #1684
SB
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled_red View Post
Sheffield Wednesday sacked Tony Pulis, he only got the job in November and lasted just 10 games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55471175
10 games? WTF ? That’s terrible isnt it. You’ve got to give a bloke time
Old 29-12-20, 01:52 PM   #1685
Kenneth
Dan Ashcroft

Everyone hates his guts, fans I know, and players alike, by the sounds of it.
Old 29-12-20, 05:39 PM   #1686
Jaco_Pastorious
Paisley

He got 8 points from 10 games for them. Sheffield United would kill for that return right now

Do the dead love the flesh of man because it is like the tomato? We'll never know. But I have my suspicions.
Jaco_Pastorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-20, 08:20 AM   #1687
Sus
Benitez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaco_Pastorious View Post
He got 8 points from 10 games for them. Sheffield United would kill for that return right now
Sus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-21, 06:25 PM   #1688
Tribute
Shankly

A lot has changed in 2 weeks since Christmas and Fat Frank is teetering on the edge of feeling the wrath of Roman, club legend of not... one more defeat might just do for him.
Tribute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 12:47 PM   #1689
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

So who will be next in the sack race? Bruce? Wilder? Hodgson? Potter?

Last edited by Bender; 23-02-21 at 12:51 PM.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 01:01 PM   #1690
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

...Mourinho???
Old 23-02-21, 01:03 PM   #1691
Bender
Bite my shiny metal ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzo View Post
...Mourinho???
damn i really should stop looking at the teams near the bottom of the table
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 02:10 PM   #1692
S-RED
Dalglish

Jose i reckon; but Fat Sam has to be in with a shout (unless he walks, as he won't want a relegation on his CV).

Can't see Bruce, Bodge, Wilder going before seasons end & Potter is loved by Bloom & Ashworth (PCDNW)
S-RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 03:40 PM   #1693
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Wilder definitely won’t get the sack. He has been backed by the owner even in the event of relegation. Also the fans love him. I listened to a phone in and a SU fan was saying he wanted Wilder to stay no matter what because of what he had already achieved. I think they feel about him the same way non idiot fans of LFC feel about Klopp.
Old 23-02-21, 04:25 PM   #1694
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
Wilder definitely won’t get the sack. He has been backed by the owner even in the event of relegation. Also the fans love him. I listened to a phone in and a SU fan was saying he wanted Wilder to stay no matter what because of what he had already achieved. I think they feel about him the same way non idiot fans of LFC feel about Klopp.
Fair play to them, he has done a really good job there, he took them from League 1 to the PL and kept them there after only a couple of years in the Championship. IIRC there was talk that their promotion to the PL was 'too soon'. I think that a lot of clubs make it to the PL and get carried away and sack managers who have done good jobs to get them there rather than being realistic with expectations. I don't mean this to sound disrespectful but I imagine if you had told their fans 5 or 6 years ago that they would win league 1, spend two years in the Championship before getting promoted to the PL, spend 2 seasons there before being relegated most of them would have been made up with that.
Old 23-02-21, 04:57 PM   #1695
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Fair play to them, he has done a really good job there, he took them from League 1 to the PL and kept them there after only a couple of years in the Championship. IIRC there was talk that their promotion to the PL was 'too soon'. I think that a lot of clubs make it to the PL and get carried away and sack managers who have done good jobs to get them there rather than being realistic with expectations. I don't mean this to sound disrespectful but I imagine if you had told their fans 5 or 6 years ago that they would win league 1, spend two years in the Championship before getting promoted to the PL, spend 2 seasons there before being relegated most of them would have been made up with that.

Proper journey for their fans. And if they back their man, keep most of their team together, and add sensibly, then they could fight to come back up again.

I think Sheff U have been victims of the no fans in grounds situation as well. Similar to LFC. The crowd certainly helps.

Funny how having no fans have helped certain teams then too. West Ham for instance. When they lost their first 2 games, their fans would have been on Moyes back and on the team.
frank the tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-21, 05:24 PM   #1696
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Quote:
If you’d had a similar chat to most of us 4 years ago and told us what would happen we’d equally have accepted this season - what a journey!!!
Old 23-02-21, 06:16 PM   #1697
Exiled_red
Paisley

Quote:
If you’d had a similar chat to most of us 4 years ago and told us what would happen we’d equally have accepted this season - what a journey!!!
Old 12-03-21, 11:20 AM   #1698
Shaggy
Dressed up as Batman?

Wilder "set for the sack". Amazed at that.
Old 12-03-21, 11:34 AM   #1699
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

Definitely, I thought he’d been given a pass for this season. The fans still love him, owner has backed him.

Still we’ve played them twice and a new manager may improve them so they start taking points?
Old 12-03-21, 11:43 AM   #1700
S-RED
Dalglish

Yep, all over media, Looks like Norbs will be upset as Pulis* is incoming.

* I made that bit up ;o)
Old 12-03-21, 12:07 PM   #1701
Pepe79
Shankly

Pepe79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 12:50 PM   #1702
Deano
Shankly

£50 million on three strikers, 48 games, one goal doesn't help your cause
Old 12-03-21, 12:53 PM   #1703
Buzzo
Donald Buzzworth

If I remember Wilder had already conceded they will get relegated. With 10 games to go and a 12 point gap.

That was surprising. And must be pretty galling for the owner and support. I mean, most likely they will but it was hardly a ‘let’s fight to the bitter end’ battle cry.
Old 12-03-21, 01:39 PM   #1704
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
If I remember Wilder had already conceded they will get relegated. With 10 games to go and a 12 point gap.

That was surprising. And must be pretty galling for the owner and support. I mean, most likely they will but it was hardly a ‘let’s fight to the bitter end’ battle cry.
Brewster did fuck all for them. But I think they could have bounced back up if they kept him next season to be honest....
Old 12-03-21, 02:09 PM   #1705
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
£50 million on three strikers, 48 games, one goal doesn't help your cause
Poor choice of player for them to spunk money on and poor choice of club for brewsters agent to choose. He's a good finisher. He would suit a Southampton, Leicester, Villa type set up. If they keep faith with him, he'll score a load of goals in the championship if they play a better style of football.
Old 12-03-21, 10:20 PM   #1706
wiw
Paisley

Wilder was the one who Klopp had a thing with over the subs wasn't it? Unluccccckkkkyyyyy
Old 13-03-21, 11:56 AM   #1707
Norbs
Big Girl's Blouse

He'll be ok, he's going to get added to the roster
Norbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 11:02 AM   #1708
Yozza
Shankly

Just to add to the record....

The Special One sacked...

Again.

Bob's Miserable Bastards Club Member #2
Yozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-21, 11:44 AM   #1709
Exiled_red
Paisley

@ Jose
Old 04-05-21, 02:25 PM   #1710
Pepe79
Shankly

Old 04-05-21, 03:21 PM   #1711
S-RED
Dalglish

So he will be up to 120million in payouts for sacking by November!!

Nice work
Old 04-05-21, 03:46 PM   #1712
EwarWoo
Paisley

What the actual fuck? Why would any club want the poisonous little teat.
EwarWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-21, 07:50 PM   #1713
frank the tank
Shankly

he is a bit of a legend in italy after Inter Milans treble a few years ago....... they obviously think that he can do the same or similar for them

I suspect that they have some level of investment as well???

I will be honest, i thought that they could mount some sort of title challenge back in October / November last year. I thought that them not being in the champions league would allow them to concentrate solely on the league and with teams like us, City and Chelsea all playing CL as well (remember Chelsea were managed by Lampard at the time!) they could do a Leicester and possibly get lucky. I thought Holberg was a good addition, NDombele had started to come good and if Bale, Son and Kane clicked, then they could do something. Perhaps split LFC and City and come 2nd
Old 04-05-21, 08:07 PM   #1714
BobTheCharmer
Pantomime Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post
he is a bit of a legend in italy after Inter Milans treble a few years ago....... they obviously think that he can do the same or similar for them

I will be honest, i thought that they could mount some sort of title challenge back in October / November last year. I thought that them not being in the champions league would allow them to concentrate solely on the league and with teams like us, City and Chelsea all playing CL as well (remember Chelsea were managed by Lampard at the time!) they could do a Leicester and possibly get lucky. I thought Holberg was a good addition, NDombele had started to come good and if Bale, Son and Kane clicked, then they could do something. Perhaps split LFC and City and come 2nd
Well they're going to finish above us and have sacked their manager.
Old 04-05-21, 08:16 PM   #1715
Pepe79
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank the tank View Post

A few years? Over a decade ago. He’s long past his peak now.
Old 05-05-21, 11:07 AM   #1716
frank the tank
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheCharmer View Post
Well they're going to finish above us and have sacked their manager.
yip.....just shows how far we have fallen

est1892 > Football > General Football