It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > General > Jokes, Links & Funnies

Old 02-10-08, 04:19 PM   #1
zimbo
Dalglish

The Crazy, Undersea World of Richard Madeley

One man on a mission. To out-Partridge Partridge.

Quote:
Interviewing Frank Sinatra's daughter:
"Now obviously you loved your father, but do you think you were actually in love with him?"

Richard: "We'll have Neve Campbell on the show who was recently voted third sexiest woman in the history of cinema"
To Judy "Do you think that's like being the third man on the moon?"
Judy (already exasperated after 10 seconds of the show): No.

"I REALLY love ducks - they've always got a smile on their face."

"YOU'RE just humming with sexual energy! Is it the fabric? Is it wearing tights?"
- Richard Madeley to transvestite artist Grayson Perry

"WILL the gentleman with 1 nipple please reveal it?"

Confirming that only he could be impressed by Jade Goody's intelligence, Richard exclaims: "I've never met anyone who thought Sherlock Holmes invented the toilet." Later he tells her: "You're quite sharp. It's just that in the pure sense of the word, you're ignorant."

"That particular octopus committed suicide, didn't he? He stabbed himself with his own beak."

(ultra-partridge) Richard Madeley reacting to a trick by mind reader Derren Brown exclaiming: "Can we have a wooden stake, some petroleum and a rope? Because we are burning you at the end of the show!"

During a "debate" about the Sarah Payne case, Richard asking, "Do you think it's time we took a radical approach to dealing with paedophiles, as opposed to fiddling with the edges?"

MADDEST moment of the week on Richard & Judy: When one of Westlife revealed he'd had laser surgery and Richard leapt to his feet and tried forcing open his eyes "looking for scars".

Alan Partridge-ism of the week came when, having watched a clip of a man struggling horribly with his stutter, Madeley turned to him and enthused: "You looked as if your head was going to come off!"

After a sensibly sanitised debut, Richard Madeley returned to Alan Partridge mode for the rest of the week, even interrupting one viewer's call with the immortal Partridge comment, "Thanks for the story. It's over!"

Alan-esque interview questions included (to Sophie Ellis Bextor): "Where did you get your face?" which he expanded on with, "It's Egyptian, almost cat-like. What's it like without make-up?"

His announcements included the promise that the next day's show would feature "the man who intends to amputate his own feet, on the internet!" and a warning about a gang of dog-knappers which inspired Judy to mutter, "They better not kidnap Geri Halliwell's dog. He's only a little shih-tzu."

"We've launched a snoring hotline," Madeley bellowed before having hysterics listening to excerpts of viewers' snoring. "Don't worry," he announced Partridgely, "We've got much funnier ones."

A young boy, who has what is officially the longest tongue in the country, revealed: "I used to stick it out and pick my nose with it."
After the groans died down, Madeley paused before conceding, "That is one HECK of a trick."

But the most pricelessly Partridge-esque moment of the week came when Madeley drifted off into an anecdote about the time he dreamt he was in the cupboard under the stairs - a story that concluded, triumphantly, "And I WAS in the cupboard under the stairs. Right at the back with the wellies!"

JOHN Fashanu (on his phobia of snakes): "About once a week I've been waking up in the night and the bed's been absolutely saturated."
Richard Madeley: "With sweat?"

THIS week's highlights of the (increasingly bonkers) Richard & Judy:
# Richard telling the woman who missed out on £928,000 because she couldn't face the queue for the Lottery, "Maybe it was for the best."
# Richard's amazement that Judy knew how to pronounce Stolichnaya vodka (as in "two bottles of Stolichnaya, please").
# Richard's description of the You Say We Play competition as "like a parlour game - an old Edwardian parlour game."
# And finally, the Alan Partridge Moment Of The Week when Richard told Charlotte Church, "OK, imagine I'm someone from a record company with a ponytail" and started shouting, "I OWN you, Church!"

"When we first got together, one of the things me and Judy had in common was a passion for the correct use of the apostrophe" - Richard Madeley. (Richard & Judy)

"Your short-term memory really is shot! It must drive you nuts!!"
- Richard Madeley to George Martin, subject of Living Without Memory (Richard & Judy)

"IT'S funny. It doesn't work the other way round!"
- Richard Madeley on white wine improving red wine stains (Richard & Judy)

"YOU'VE lost some weight, haven't you? Why's that? You're not ill are you?!" -
- Richard to Mark Williams (Richard & Judy)

RICHARD & Judy to Janet Street-Porter:
Richard: "Tell us why your mum was so ghastly."
Judy: "She was Welsh-speaking, wasn't she?"- (Richard & Judy)

JUDY: "Blimey, I nearly sat on my microphone - I dread to think where it would have gone."
RICHARD: "Oooh I can tell you Judy. There's only one of two options!"

The programme also featured more recent moments of note. This included an item in 2004 on Richard and Judy about the merits of piss drinking (or Urine Therapy as they opted to call it). This time Richard took the lead with Judy intermittently yelping in horror as 'Urine Therapist' Jim Crawford outlined the benefits of the yellow stuff sat in a glass on the table. "But it’s got germs!" Judy wailed, "No it hasn't" admonished piss doctor to the by now near-hysterical Judy as he proceeded to glug down a full glass of his own piss to a fascinated Madeley.
Judy: Oh My GOD
Richard: How would you describe the flavour?

Interviewing actress Claire Goose, Richard asks, "Weren't you once a story-telling raccoon in a theme park?"
When Ms Goose tries to lead the discussion back to Waking The Dead, Richard continues, excitedly demanding "What sort of stories did you have to tell as a raccoon? Did you have a special raccoon voice?"

Richard starts reminiscing about when he was small and his mother undressed in front of him.
"Where are we going with this?" Judy demands.

In a moment of pure Alan Partridge, Richard announces the competition.
"David Seaman is celebrating his 39th birthday today. His ponytail is 10!"

He describes the phone number (08703-662-233) as "A numerically satisfying number there."

Finally, Judy introduces the debate.
"Do you think that it's clever or crazy to implant children with computer chips?" Judy asks.
"How do you feel about getting a micro-chip in part of you?" Richard asks a 10-year-old boy. "We don't know which part yet..."

When concluding the interview of someone who'd been permanently disabled after an accident, Richard comforts her by saying "You poor thing", before launching into "Anyway, coming up after the break...."

Madeley can hardly contain himself when they have on a guest who is gay or bisexual. Instead of asking about their work or whatever he focuses on their sexuality, asking Rebecca Loos "so will you end up with a bloke or a woman?" and "would you want to snog Judy?"
When John Barowman was on he asked him "Would you rather have sex with me or Judy?" to which the lovely John replied "I'd have your bottom half Richard and Judy's top half".

Interviewing a teenage anorexic:
"5 Stone? Wow that's concentration camp thin that is"

R&J are interviewing a man and a woman with dwarfism about 2 years ago. They had just come from Parliament, where they'd been protesting about the discrimination against little people and how the only jobs they could get were in panto and the like. To set the tone of the discussion, Madeley introduced a clip from Austin Powers showing how little people were cruelly treated as figures of fun for our entertainment.
Unfortunately the Mini-Me clip was really quite funny. He then asked the woman about playing a Wookie and meeting George Lucas (this is all true, I swear). I kept watching in horror, until he turned to the bloke and said, 'So you're protesting about this discrimination now. You must have had it up to here,' and put his fingertips to his forehead.

I remember a time when they were doing one of their medical pieces about 'Women's problems' (with the creepy doctor who likes to say 'menstruation' alot).
Anyway, Richard interrupted the discussion with something along the lines of 'Yes, Judy - remember when you had thrush? YOu had a terrible time of it'.

A couple of years ago he interviewed a young kid with leukaemia. He greeted the boy with a cheery "Hello baldy!"

“And that's a self-portrait of himself, by himself.”

“When we (himself and Judy) were trying to conceive, I would douse
my balls in icy cold water before intercourse.'”

"I've never met a single woman who's happy with the way she looks, except Jordan, although I've never met her,"

Richard Madeley: "I understand you have a little lad of 12."
Caller: "Yes, that's right."
Richard Madeley: "Is he a boy or a girl?"
Caller: "A boy."

"Frankly, I don't think that what we see on television is erotic enough. I haven't seen a sex scene on television recently that has remotely turned me on. And I've been there till 4am waiting for it."

"Can you imagine if they'd had Morris dancers at Dunkirk?"

R&J are interviewing a young Iraqi woman about her time spent in Saddam Hussein's palace as a child. She speaks at some length, and quite movingly, about how she is glad that Saddam has been captured and that justice will be done but that she doesn't advocate the death penalty because she believes it goes against Islamic doctrine. Richard concludes the interview with something like:
"Don't worry love, he'll be swinging at the end of a rope soon.”

Everyone’s favourite celebrity psychologist, Dr Raj Persuad, was interviewing a woman who had had an obsessive crush on a celebrity and had been stalking them. It was all handled with dignity and decorum until Madeley uttered the immortal words...
"So, Jane, when did you first realise that you were quite clearly mad?

From his interview with the cast of 'Skins' this week:
R: “How old are you now? 18?”
Nicholas Hoult: “No I'm 17”
R: “Really, I thought you were 18”
N: “Nope”
R: “But you're nearly 18 though, aren't you?”
N: “Actually I've just turned 17”
R: “Oh, oh right...well I suppose I'll have to take your word for it.”

To a woman who informed him she had just lost 16 pounds as part of a weight-loss programme: “Rock and roll!”

My favourite Richard Madeley moment was when they were interviewing 'Primordial Dwarves' (incredibly tiny people, the size of children's dolls but with protruding teeth, who were the subjects of a C4 documentary that night).
"Do you find that people patronise you?"
(Then he added in a louder voice)
"THAT MEANS THAT THEY TALK DOWN TO YOU!"

He confounded Sex Pistol John Lydon with the musing: "If I could throw a fishing rod into the corridors of time and reel you in, you'd throttle you, wouldn't you?"
zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 02-10-08, 04:34 PM   #2
Dessy
Fagan

Class......still cant believe it when judy's tits popped out though.....FLMAO!
Dessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 04:37 PM   #3
Helios Creed
Est's Streaker

I think I'll have to start watching. Insane.
Helios Creed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 04:38 PM   #4
Pablo
Anti-Antipodeanite

genius. Steve Coogan would be proud to pen some of those beauties himself.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 05:25 PM   #5
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
One man on a mission. To out-Partridge Partridge.
What happened to Zimbo?
Old 11-11-14, 06:10 PM   #6
meffin
Officially the best insider on this forum. Ever!

VERY strange bump
meffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 06:29 PM   #7
dom9
Ant Pisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffin View Post
VERY strange bump
There's a perfectly logical explanation....
Every now and again I'm bored enough to have a look at which random, weird and wonderful threads from est's rich past the Google spiders are reading. Today it was this one, and it made me remember Zimbo, a decent poster from years gone by. And in memory of Zimbo the thread was bumped.
Old 11-11-14, 08:30 PM   #8
Muddled
Meat Shield

Muddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-14, 08:57 PM   #9
ChesterDave
Paisley

ChesterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 12:05 AM   #10
Tee
El Pistolero

WTF
Old 12-11-14, 09:24 AM   #11
captainfog
Lord Anthony Rivers

Haha I hope that is real
captainfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 12:54 PM   #12
Maxiedge
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom9 View Post
There's a perfectly logical explanation....
Every now and again I'm bored enough to have a look at which random, weird and wonderful threads from est's rich past the Google spiders are reading. Today it was this one, and it made me remember Zimbo, a decent poster from years gone by. And in memory of Zimbo the thread was bumped.
Zimbo was great There was a thread about waxworks (Maddame Tussauds etc..) and he literally had me pissing my pants in that. I have wondered what has happened to him.
Maxiedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-14, 12:27 AM   #13
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Came across a great collection of his quotes recently...

http://happyfingersproductions.com/g...-indefensible/
Old 14-11-14, 12:33 AM   #14
ChesterDave
Paisley

33 is outstanding Partridge-esque
Old 14-11-14, 12:34 AM   #15
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Favourites include...

After a man breaks down crying after meeting the paramedics who saved his life in a motorbike accident

“Stop crying! This is supposed to make you happy! Anyway after the break, the biggest dog in the UK. And he really is big. Don’t miss it”

and

To someone with an eating disorder

“When you were younger did you have a brother or sister who used to steal food off you, you know like dogs do and that’s why you wolf it down?”

Almost as good as...

The first question to man giving his first TV appearance after being wrongly imprisoned for years

“So, did you do it?”

Old 14-11-14, 12:37 AM   #16
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
33 is outstanding Partridge-esque

So many of them could easily be Partridge.

There's one of those 'who said this' type games for them - http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...ge--ekEJrmQ5Pg
Old 14-11-14, 12:39 AM   #17
ChesterDave
Paisley

Is there some significance to 21?

I heard someone say exactly that on R2 the other day (Mon or Tues) and I'm sure it wasn't in the context of anything Madeley may or may not have said and I am 99.99% certain it wasn't Madeley interviewing her!
Old 14-11-14, 12:41 AM   #18
Chazza
Des Lynam

12.To singer Sophie Ellis Bextor

“Where did you get your face?”

Chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-14, 12:59 AM   #19
ChesterDave
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterDave View Post
Is there some significance to 21?

I heard someone say exactly that on R2 the other day (Mon or Tues) and I'm sure it wasn't in the context of anything Madeley may or may not have said and I am 99.99% certain it wasn't Madeley interviewing her!
I must be going mad. I am imagining things. Or at the very best getting horribly confused. On Monday on Simon Mayo they interviewed Prescilla Presley so I must have heard that interview, read the quote in the first post without realising, and mashed the two events into 1

9. Is fantasically Partridge too. I can't help but read this is the tone of "I remember I hit a fox once..."

"Do you remember that soup I made last week? Absolutely horrible. Had to throw it in the garden”

Last edited by ChesterDave; 14-11-14 at 01:01 AM.
Old 16-11-14, 04:39 PM   #20
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Watch this with Partridge in mind...

Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 17-11-14, 10:46 AM   #21
Leyton388
aka liverpooltj

Perhaps Richard could advise supermarkets on how to catch shoplifters? After all, a shoplifter like him is in the best position to offer advice.

He's the real life Alan Partridge man, I piss myself for all the wrong reasons every time he opens his mouth, he is an unintentional comedy genius 
Leyton388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-14, 03:15 PM   #22
red g
Paisley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Polo View Post
Think they had the same cameraman as Partridge to, the pan out on the flowers, the reflection in the piano, beautiful

Weak willed, Wank or do they have a masterplan?

Think we have the answer..Klopp
red g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 09:15 AM   #23
Phoenix07
The Normal One

I heard this when I woke up and put the TV on. Had to see if anyone else heard it, and of course, they had.

Phoenix07 is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > General > Jokes, Links & Funnies