It appears you have not yet registered with our community. To register please click here...

est1892

Go Back   est1892 > Football > General Football

Old 19-11-19, 08:16 PM   #121
wiw
Paisley

Two old Milan players;

Kaka. Never seen someone effortlessly glide over a pitch like he did. What a player.

Pirlo. Cool as fuck Played like he had all day on the ball and he somehow normally did.
Don't Like Adverts? (Register or Donate)
Liver Bird
Old 19-11-19, 08:28 PM   #122
RedReet
Fantasy Football Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishnev View Post
I always liked tough gnarly centre backs and growing up in the 90s/00s it was Paulo Montero and Walter Samuel that I liked. Clarence Seedorf is also a player that never seemed to get the acknowledgement he deserved but he was also superb.

In terms of modern players - Gimenez at Atletico, Alaba at Bayern and Dybala at Juve I like the look of Sancho, Havertz and Tomori
RedReet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 08:40 PM   #123
Assassin
Kloppite

Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima. In his Barca days, he was the best football player I have seen. Back then, he was just muscle and bone, a perfect physical specimen. His power and technical skills were immense, he was unstoppable
Old 19-11-19, 11:08 PM   #124
Cormack74
Shankly

dupe
Cormack74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-19, 11:09 PM   #125
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
I always liked tough gnarly centre backs and growing up in the 90s/00s it was Paulo Montero and Walter Samuel that I liked. Clarence Seedorf is also a player that never seemed to get the acknowledgement he deserved but he was also superb.
I always thought WS was bizarrely overrated.

He seemed to move around the big clubs regardless of how shit he was playing (which was generally very shit).
Old 19-11-19, 11:58 PM   #126
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
I always thought WS was bizarrely overrated.

He seemed to move around the big clubs regardless of how shit he was playing (which was generally very shit).
Wow - I disagree massively with that. He was superb for Roma and him and Lucio were the backbone of Mourinho's treble winning inter side.

Quick, good in the air, pure snide and absolute granite - I thought he was excellent
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-19, 02:59 AM   #127
foresterbloke
Run the Jewels

Philipp Lahm - the German Rob Jones
Old 20-11-19, 09:56 PM   #128
Cormack74
Shankly

Quote:
Wow - I disagree massively with that. He was superb for Roma and him and Lucio were the backbone of Mourinho's treble winning inter side.

Quick, good in the air, pure snide and absolute granite - I thought he was excellent

Oh yes snide I'd agree. I think that's why there was a perception that he was better than he was because he had the whole Argie no nonsense defender thing going on.

He was ok at inter but JM sets his teams up defensively so there is lots of help. In two of his 4 seasons at Roma they finished in the top half of all teams for goals conceded with teams finishing lower down the table conceding fewer.

And Wiki describes his time at Madrid thus: "Samuel failed to make an impact at Madrid and was not the leader at the back that Real so desperately needed".

So maybe not entirely shit but as I think I implied above, IMO not as good as the myth suggests either.

Anyway only my view mate, that's why we're all here
Old 20-11-19, 11:21 PM   #129
Red_Polo
Takin' Her Easy

Paolo Maldini - Seemingly effortless class belying his relentless work ethic and professionalism. Just flawless
Old 20-11-19, 11:33 PM   #130
Irishnev
Shankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormack74 View Post
Oh yes snide I'd agree. I think that's why there was a perception that he was better than he was because he had the whole Argie no nonsense defender thing going on.

He was ok at inter but JM sets his teams up defensively so there is lots of help. In two of his 4 seasons at Roma they finished in the top half of all teams for goals conceded with teams finishing lower down the table conceding fewer.

And Wiki describes his time at Madrid thus: "Samuel failed to make an impact at Madrid and was not the leader at the back that Real so desperately needed".

So maybe not entirely shit but as I think I implied above, IMO not as good as the myth suggests either.

Anyway only my view mate, that's why we're all here
a lot of my admiration for him is champ manager related

Montero was a whole different level of nasty
Irishnev is offline   Reply With Quote

est1892 > Football > General Football